Options

[PC] Emergency Maintenance [1/25]

123457»

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Some other thoughts..

Lower weapons to 3 each.. some of us only got 1 or 2 tokens.. I think this is fair.
    Allow griffon next cta to be bought with medallions.. 2k is more then fair please.
    or allow tokens to be bought with medallions at 300 per.. so we can catch up if you want.

These are all WAY more valid options then EXPECTING us to continue running a very buggy mess.

Please review this with your team and let us know.. some of us are really really sick of running this .. I was going to run it on 5-6 toons, but gave up due to how terrible it was implemented. I just cant stomach any more runs.

More runs inst the answer.. giving something at least reasonable back to the playerbase is.
  • Options
    blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    "Lower weapons to 3 each"...
    By the way, HARD to get weapons... with no special thing. There are already better weapons that you can get from mods. And the event weapons has NO bonus set listed yet...

And the mount... weel, just a normal mount painted with other colors, for the effort we need to get it this mount should really be unique.
  • Options
    bobdredds#9435 bobdredds Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Hi I ran my toon every day with 10+ runs and only received 2 Tokens, Fri & Sat. All the other runs gave no Tokens. Many others are complaining about this ingame. can you fix it please.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    At this point I think the only resolution is to give toon that even attempted it 3 tokens and wash your collective hands of this cluster-f^%$ and make sure its fixed in the next iteration. You might even want to give a small gift like a fashion item or such as an apology for releasing such buggy code.

One should not be judged by their mistakes but how they make amends for them.
  • Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I wouldn't even care if they gave everyone who played this event or not 3 tokens for this weekend's event, make it easy on them to put a box in the reward vendor for every character in the game. and by all means FIX it for next month, since this event was so bugged AND not one dev or "official" made ANY statements on Friday or Monday, people either ran the event to infinity or gave up and the way they "handlled" this by hiding from the players isn't right, you can't blame people for saying &*^% it and giving up or the ones who ran more than their fair share......

to the devs....... do something right in this messed up event, people are upset and rightfully so, hiding and not communicating with us is NOT the way to handle this.....
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    The devs are applying a hotfix RIGHT NOW that should fix this issue. It won't give you tokens you should have earned, but they've extended it 2 more days, so - if it works - you can get tokens going forward.
  • Options
    ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    kvet said:

It won't give you tokens you should have earned.

No remorse. No accountability. SAD
  • Options
    ironweb#6588 ironweb Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    What's completely pathetic to me, is the lack of communication. At least they could send one of their minions out to lie to us. That would be better than deafening silence.
  • Options
    wintermute#0867 wintermute Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    kvet said:

if it works

That would be the crux of the matter.

Given the complete lack of communication to demonstrate they even understand what the issue is, I don't have the energy to spend hours repeatedly doing that boring skirmish based on 'if'.

Maybe I'll check out next year's CTA season, maybe I'll have given up by then if the quality of the communication (let alone the code) continues to be this poor.
  • Options
    vassey1vassey1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Did run 10 skirmishes after todays "Fix" and still no token. Its a shame.
  • Options
    celthil#8842 celthil Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    The only faith I have anymore is that they will put out broken content and avoid the forums to hear about it.
  • Options
    dingrongdingrong Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    i did 10/10 b4 hotfix and did not get token. It was reset and AGAIN i did 10/10 and AGAIN i GOT NO TOKEN!! ty very much
  • Options
    kvet said:

The devs are applying a hotfix RIGHT NOW that should fix this issue. It won't give you tokens you should have earned, but they've extended it 2 more days, so - if it works - you can get tokens going forward.

So if you ran for at least three days and lack 3 tokens you are punished by the devs and are required to run and grind an extra one or two days to fix THEIR BUGGY A%$ S#@!

I mean I have said it before, the tone deafness of this company is epic. This is not how you treat your customers.
  • Options
    fjordor365fjordor365 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I gave it another chance and did 10 (or rather 12) more runs with my two chars.
    And of course, no token for both. (But I have also not received any further "unique item"-messages)

I am only glad, that I didn't put any money in this. And given this event, I also won't...
  • Options
    OK, server is down again for patching, lets see if they finally get it right.
  • Options
    gigalens#6466 gigalens Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Got 3 Tokens of Heroes with all my characters !
  • Options
    robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    Latest update worked on my last toon. Thanks
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Hotfix didn't work for me on the character that has the vanity pet, suspect needs the same code they put in for the horn, it worked fine on the character that only had the horn.
  • Options
    Some it has worked, a few are still bugged for me.
  • Options
    luigixlluigixl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    just to let you know that this still going Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out
  • Options
    ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    This is a simplistic, semi-serious, semi-accusatory thesis regarding the Token of Heroes debacle.

I have always liked to conduct a post-mortem evaluation when problems are resolved in order to identify the point of failure and if possible clarify approach, process or procedures to provide guidance so that mistakes are learned from and not repeated. Well I can't do any of that since no facts are available to us the users. All I can do is postulate.

Postulate #1:
    The key indicator that new code is actually working (the award of the token) was never tested at all by anyone. e.g. the actual coder pieced together routines from the library, compiled it(no syntax errors) and threw it into the build directory. The testers (if there were any) perform a cursory evaluation and passed it to the production team. It was then released.

Postulate #2:
    There was extensive testing by the development team and the QA team. It passed all tests and was released.

There are many other scenarios but in my estimation these 2 corner cases are sufficient to highlight our exposure.

In postulate #1 we encounter a breakdown in the approach being used to code and test. We don't know if it is the procedures themselves or the personnel. In all likelihood is is a combination with a healthy dose of mismanagement.

In postulate #2 we encounter a situation where there is no institutional knowledge. The complexity of the product is not understood by the developers and testers. All the procedures were followed and the checks and balances in place so the software passed. It passed because their was insufficient knowledge to craft a test to account for a particular state within the game.

Humans make mistakes all the time. We wrap ourselves in rules and procedures in order to have a framework that helps us help ourselves. We like to preserve anecdotal information (usually via personnel continuity) so that we can look back and extrapolate current issues from historical issues. I do not know what is going on at Cryptic. Clearly the fact that the issues was verified and resolved in 12 hours highlights the simplicity of the problem and the significance of the failure to catch it.

This leaves me with the rhetorical . . . WTH is going on @Cryptic?
  • Options
    ragnarog3ragnarog3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Well that emergency maint. did not work the issue of getting a token after the 10 runs still a problem on my account. So don't know what you guys are going to do.

Last count was 12/10 runs for CTA...have a pic but cannot for some reason download it
  • Options
    ragnarog3ragnarog3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    afafad
  • Options
    silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    I did 21/10 runs yesterday without getting on and today I've already been told that someone is up to 11/10 without getting theirs. So it's still not fixed.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • Options
    alcasaar#7232 alcasaar Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Neverwinter -->> Neverworks thats it - up to MOD 16 :)