test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Emergency Maintenance [1/25]

Comments

• Options
    underwmd#4202 underwmd Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Personally, I can't wait to see what patch the patch for the patch requires. You guys need to beef up that Quality Assurance team to make sure debacles like this stop happening. From a seasoned developer and development team lead standpoint, some heads would be rolling over issues like this in my company.
  • Options
    symphonia#1951 symphonia Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I have only been playing for about a week and yesterday grouped with a friend for the first time. Then again this afternoon. Both sessions were cut short by server down times. Is this a regular event?
  • Options
    heavensake#5599 heavensake Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2019

evemj said:

A measure to autoban the zero-contribution bots would be great, too. 30 secs of doing nothing in a 1 min run should be enough.

I loath bots. But there have been several times where I've had trouble even finding an enemy to swat at before Frastr goes down. This CTA really needs some work. It's aweful.
    Funny bot story .... A couple years back i had 3 bots in my CTA party after "I" finished run CTA i just stayed in zone took a few screen shots as they all had exact same last names, same guild name, same exact gear and all GWFs just so obvious that they are bots. Back then players would only leave party once you leave zone. But something bugged as after i left i still had the 3 bots in my party and I became party leader. For the next 1/2 hour or so i went around PE inviting others to come check out the 3 bots in my group just kinda having fun with it. I was just about to Q us up for PvP but got a server spike and disconnected sadly that caused party to break apart. I did make sure to send ticket with screen shots and handles of the botters yet would not think CTA would even be worth botting.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

I have only been playing for about a week and yesterday grouped with a friend for the first time. Then again this afternoon. Both sessions were cut short by server down times. Is this a regular event?

No.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

OK, I was not getting my token and I thought I was doing something wrong. I think the explanation of what you actually need to do on these events is too vague.

Spot on! They give the vaguest explainer with the fewest details possible and then expect players to waste time figuring it out. This is why I don't run many of the events.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    logged out with ten done, no token, logged back in, ten done, no token shows up..
  • Options
    ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    FAILURE CONFIRMED
  • Options
    Failure to fix. Still no token,
  • Options
    @nitocris83

PLEASE have them put the items in buyable with Medallions.. 2k for griffion, 1k per weapon set.. this is ludicrous.. the thing is a complete failure.

Runing 20-30 skirms a day in the HOPES you get a token.

• Options
    wintermute#0867 wintermute Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    r000kie said:

GMT is,

No, it isn't.
    r000kie said:

so during the summer in UK GMT is not the same as UTC

In the summer the UK is on BST, GMT is still GMT throughout.

The easy way to convert between timezones is to type into Google "what is 8am PT in UTC" and you will get the answer.

• Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    the character that didn't get a token after 11/10 runs yesterday, still has no token, chat in PE is saying that it's still not awarding tokens for 11/10 runs today, is there any word from ANY dev or anyone that can find out if they plan to credit us or not and if they will have this fixed? (or do we waste time again today running the skirmishes just to find out no token is granted?)
  • Options
    zartan37#1838 zartan37 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    For all those spamming about "will people get an extra token, give us a free token", it says quite clearly in the post that the max number of tokens available for this event is still 3. So if you already have 3 tokens, you don't need to do it the 4th day.
  • Options
    OK someone people are getting a THIRD today.. I CANT even manage a second.

This is the most ludicrous thing.. relogged, ran another, relogged ran another..

I AM UP to 22 skirms today with no second token, some people are getting 3.

I dont want another fix, I want the items in the store at medallions .. so I can just straight farm them.

Get back to us on your debacle as usual please.
  • Options
    psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Yesterday's 10 runs show 1 token when in the store (nowhere else) so I thought yay, they fixed everything.
    Ran 11/10 for today, nothing, no token in the store, no token in inventory.
    So, STILL BROKEN!
  • Options

For all those spamming about "will people get an extra token, give us a free token", it says quite clearly in the post that the max number of tokens available for this event is still 3. So if you already have 3 tokens, you don't need to do it the 4th day.

u seem to have missed the point, some people are not getting tokens.
  • Options
    phoiguphoigu Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hi,

I have done 10 skirmishes today, after the patch, and didn't received the Token of Heroes, like yesterday.

Bye.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    r000kie said:

calculating the UTC time

UTC is not calculated. Is a fixed reference all other time zones are calculated from. Is also NOT adjusted for daylight saving time, NEVER.

GMT is, so during the summer in UK GMT is not the same as UTC, but UTC+1. Is not rocket science, and if people find themselves confused about these time zones they can set their phones to show a secondary PT time and get over it already.

Hopefully this imbecility called daylight saving time in Europe will end and we'll stick with the summer time even in winter. Most people do not wake at 5am any more to go to their jobs, but all of us would appreciate more daylight in the evening.

As per this maintenance, I'm looking forward to do another 60 skirmishes today. Thanks you devs for not taking into account our time spent yesterday and put us in our place. Who do we think we are?

You missed my point completely, UTC is fixed, Pacific time moves, Cryptic when putting the time up on the launcher calculate what they say the UTC is off their local time rather than actually looking it up which is why they get it wrong. I was trying to change that.

• Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    @kreatyve can somebody please communicate that the fix is NOT working for everybody, I got my second token on the character for which I got it on the 11th run yesterday also on the 11th run today. If that is intended then the tooltip needs changing. Others are reporting not getting it having done 11 or more.
  • Options
    melzie#3799 melzie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I got a token yesterday, but didn't get one today after doing the 10 skirmishes.
  • Options
    ptoshas#8766 ptoshas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Not sure if it's just me, but I had to run 11x Skirmishes (Not 10) to get the token in both my main and my other alt, and in the end I had to go to the NPC vendor to check if I had it awarded or not.
  • Options
    25 skirms and quit.. It appears some of us will never earn our griffons if you do not move them over to medallions or ALLOW us to buy up to 3 tokens with medallions 300 apiece. it is fair for the nonsense you put us through.
    Yes.. confirmed some people are getting 3 tokens today.. some of us ZERO.
    How much you want ot bet some people will get at least 4 tokens.. if not 6.. while some of us none.

Unbelievable..

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I didn't get one yesterday, didn't have it this morning, but it was there after maint. However, I did 10 today and didn't get a second one. I also noticed this:

From talking with others, they have a listing for the token in the Event Currency section. I don't, and from talking with others, the people that have indicated they are not getting tokens properly have also mentioned they do not have the token listed in their currencies even if they did end up with one after the maintenance today.
  • Options
    maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    the error is still not fixed ....
  • Options
    psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    @kvet, yes, i have on 1 character, only the token in the store, nothing in event currencies like you show also. On my two other characters, i have nothing in either place even after running some (not all 10) today because why should i be bothered to run another 20 if it's still not working?
  • Options
    mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    yesterday I did exactly 10 CTA and got nothing, like most people.
    today, b4 the patch I did 0 CTA and of course i still had no token.
    after the patch I did 1 CTA and now I have 1 token showing in the CTA store window.
    i have only done 1 out of 10 today.
    so do I have yesterdays missing token, or do I have todays token?????
  • Options
    mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    . dbl post be accident