test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M15: Trickster Rogue Class Changes

Comments

• intelll#2049 intelll Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Yeah me and other fellow rogues are waiting for the response from Mr Balanced. Please provide sir!

They probably won't. won't take the feedback, so what would the point in having a feedback forum on the website be used for, just to make us think we can have a voice in change when nothing will ever get taken in to account.
  • blackstar#3253 blackstar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Italian Version:
    Sono incredulo e molto dubbioso su questo nerf...
    Sono davvero curioso di vedere il nuovo danno di TR nel mod 15, voi sviluppatori dite che lo fate per migliorare il nosro modo di giocare...ne siete veramente sicuri ? vedremo..
    (Quando avete cambiato la raffinazione dei diamanti astrali, avete detto che lo avete fatto perchè era stato richiesto dai giocatori, beh, leggendo i vari commenti, tutti dicevano di non cambiare la raffinazione a 100k per giorno, ma questa è un altra storia)
    Tornando al Ladro...purtroppo sono su ps4 e, non ho la possibilità di vedere e testare la differenza del danno, quindi posso solo sperare che i ladri su pc trovino una soluzione a questi drastici cambiamenti...
    Per tanti, e dico tanti mesi, noi ladri non siamo stati invitati nei dungeons content, perchè avevamo un basso danno...con le ultime mod 13/14, abbiamo iniziato a crescere e ad essere competitivi con le altre classi dps...era bello stare alla pari delle altre classi dps...detto questo...non mi dispererò e non piangerò per questo drastico nerf, ovviamente non sono d'accordo su questo mega nerf, ad ogni modo, vedremo se avrete fatto passi avanti, o avrete fatto passi indietro.

English version:
    I am incredulous and very doubtful about this nerf ...
    I'm really curious to see the new damage of TR in mod 15, you developers say you do it to improve our way of playing ... are you really sure? we'll see..
    (When you changed the refining of the astral diamonds, you said you did it because it was requested by the players, well, reading the various comments, everyone said not to change the refinement to 100k per day, but that's another story)
    Returning to the Thief ... unfortunately I'm on ps4 and, I can not see and test the difference in damage, so I can only hope that the thieves on the pc find a solution to these drastic changes ...
    For many, and I say many months, we thieves were not invited in the dungeons content, because we had a low damage ... with the latest mod 13/14, we started to grow and be competitive with other dps classes ... it was nice to stay on par with other dps classes ... said this ... I will not despair and I will not cry for this drastic nerf, obviously I do not agree on this mega nerf, however, we'll see if you have made progress, or you will have taken steps back.
  • morgulknifemorgulknife Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Not sure we are going to hear from the creator of this anytime soon...."Last Active September 18"
  • mongoosemobstermongoosemobster Member Posts: 42 Arc User

Dev's wants us to drop the TR class and expect us to put $$ into the new class.
    Better move to another MMO game.

Hm, if that were to be the case, then the next class will be half melee-based.
  • mongoosemobstermongoosemobster Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I have an idea: Invite players who do not play TR to provide feedback on these notes.

No?

Why not?

Afraid they'll all agree with the criticism in this thread?
  • lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    blag001 said:

"Stealth and Stealth Regeneration have had a handful of adjustments to be less oppressive against other players but more consistent for the Trickster Rogue. "
    in other words, kill PvE because of PvP crybabies...

The stealth change for PVP is TR is revealed when dealing damage and it only happens when in PVP, so I don't how this change kills PVE. The other stealth changes (like, stealth regen continues even when taking damage) are generally positive for PVE.
  • sociald#9983 sociald Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    lldt said:

blag001 said:

"Stealth and Stealth Regeneration have had a handful of adjustments to be less oppressive against other players but more consistent for the Trickster Rogue. "

The stealth change for PVP is TR is revealed when dealing damage and it only happens when in PVP, so I don't how this change kills PVE. The other stealth changes (like, stealth regen continues even when taking damage) are generally positive for PVE.
    Have you tested it the changes? I many on here have. I have tested some. In PVE I do far less damage, stealth regens/builds slower. If you read the changes there were 5 changes noted for stealth and only one of them was pvp only.
    But the stealth isnt the main thing as when you are doing so much less damage it doesnt matter all that much.
    Go on the test server and check it for yourself. most people are reporting around 40% less damage which seems consistent with what I experienced. I know Duellists Flurry on preview does 31.5% less dmg on the first two hits and 40.5% less dmg on the follow up hits.

• lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2018

lldt said:

blag001 said:

Have you tested it the changes? I many on here have. I have tested some. In PVE I do far less damage, stealth regens/builds slower. If you read the changes there were 5 changes noted for stealth and only one of them was pvp only.
    I replied to him and quoted his statement specifically for a reason. I didn't say anything else. His statement isn't the same as what you and others are saying. Why get so defensive over something that has nothing to do with you? Why jump to the conclusion that I've said something that you think could be taken as a small positive about the changes and feel "Oh no, please don't say anything that could be construed as justification for these changes because you are undermining our efforts to try to stop these changes?"

His misplaced (and very ironic) statement is what is undermining any reasonable discourse.

• finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    There is several ways to solve this problem.
    1) Move to another MMO game.
    2) Stop supporting NW ( don't buy vip )
    3) Ask for REFUND. Wasted $ on a class that's being nerfed to the ground.
    All of the money that was being invested on a nerfed class should be given back !!

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• kittehnekokittehneko Member Posts: 13 Arc User

Players should always discuss the reasons behind how they feel about changes. Saying you hate it is fine, but it doesn't open the door for any conversations back and forth and is far less likely to result in adjustments that you'd like to see. We do appreciate the different detailed feedback that has been left in the thread so far.

A change of this size is always going to bring up a lot thoughts, many of them unhappy, about how the class they're used to is changing. And in this case, some of the changes probably were a bit too far.

We do want to stick to having the power looping aspect of TR removed, but some other adjustments may not have been needed and some compensation changes may not have been enough. It is also worth making sure everyone knows that Combat Advantage is not working on preview currently ( a fix has been made and hopefully will be in the next preview update). So take that into account with any testing that is being done.

Here are some adjustments we're looking into:

Low Blows: Reverted back to 5/10/15/20/25%
    Skullcracker: Base duration increased to 10 seconds
    Skullcracker: Bonus duration increased to 5 seconds
    One With the Shadows: Damage bonus increased to 40%
    Shadowborn: Damage increased to 20/40/60/80/100
    Duelist's Flurry: Bleed damage restored to previous amount

I get trying to stop the power loop, I really do. However, even with the proposed changes you have just given us, it doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of TRs are losing roughly 50% of their damage.
  • cecilya85#5812 cecilya85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi,
    First of all thanks that finally a respond come from one of the devs...

So, I can’t Test your changes because I’m on PS4 but what I read about it seems to be the prophecy of doom for our TR class a as a DPS class...

It is great you want to make other builds more playable than the EXE build but to do that it necessary to kill the EXE build? I don’t think so... and just a question for you: you want that more other builds will be played than the EXE, shouldn’t be that the same for GWF destroyer builds too?

The TR is most hated class in NW in pvp for killing to fast (what the TR stands for imo) and in PVE for not enough DPS for end game. I finally got a 17k TR and I can rarely run CR or CODG because no one is taking a TR when they can have a GWF xD and your changes now will make it even worse...

Okay if you are in a rank 20 guild with a lot of end gamers than you can run these things in a few min but we can’t when we are not in R20 guilds and there we need our DPS where it is to compete with all others and at least play end game stuff...

We TRs need our boss killer style to be relevant in this game :)

I think to Stop the pvp fight about the TR is:
    1. Do seperate feats special designed for pvp where you can choose a balanced skill set for all classes...

Or

2. like some before me said: split pvp from pve

For us who love our TRs how they are work (since mod 13/14) now is at least something we wanted for a long time ;) at least I’m happy with the EXE build without power looping and we want to stay relevant as a DPS class.

Please re-think that changes for people who are not R20 guild players because they will be hit the most of that :)

Hopefully you stop the crippling change before it happens really and kill the game for me (and probably for many TRs aswell)
    lldt said:

lldt said:

blag001 said:

I replied to him and quoted his statement specifically for a reason. I didn't say anything else. His statement isn't the same as what you and others are saying. Why get so defensive over something that has nothing to do with you? Why jump to the conclusion that I've said something that you think could be taken as a small positive about the changes and feel "Oh no, please don't say anything that could be construed as justification for these changes because you are undermining our efforts to try to stop these changes?"

His misplaced (and very ironic) statement is what is undermining any reasonable discourse.

No defensiveness was shown but anyway you did say the other changes to stealth are generally positive in PVE. I did ask if you had tested it.
  • zephryn7zephryn7 Member Posts: 5 Arc User

OK apart from asking for a class reroll, we should tell you why we think that the changes are terrible for PVE TRs.

Players should always discuss the reasons behind how they feel about changes. Saying you hate it is fine, but it doesn't open the door for any conversations back and forth and is far less likely to result in adjustments that you'd like to see. We do appreciate the different detailed feedback that has been left in the thread so far.

A change of this size is always going to bring up a lot thoughts, many of them unhappy, about how the class they're used to is changing. And in this case, some of the changes probably were a bit too far.

We do want to stick to having the power looping aspect of TR removed, but some other adjustments may not have been needed and some compensation changes may not have been enough. It is also worth making sure everyone knows that Combat Advantage is not working on preview currently ( a fix has been made and hopefully will be in the next preview update). So take that into account with any testing that is being done.

I also think that Smoke Bomb should be automatic combat advantage, not just when you use it in stealth. The nature of the ability logically demands that. Also it helps stack with other combat advantage abilities which will give us some damage back, and combat advantage is one of the key elements of the TR class. Also, it should apply for the whole party to have combat advantage against the enemy. This will also help the players of other classes want TR's to be in dungeons. Abilities that both help in solo play and mesh with other classes. We don't have much to buff, so that would be a help there. I really hate that stuns and whatnot don't work on bosses, but having other class features still apply would really help there. Combat Advantage like that granted from Smoke Bomb would be a good one for mobs and bosses.

And I also agree with those who say to not nerf movement speed. TR's by their very nature should be the fastest of the classes, in base speed and abilities. Mobility is important for us, in many ways much more so than other classes. And a number of them have speed bursts that exceed TR mobility, such as the GWF speed burst. They can have their burst, a fighting charge sounds reasonable for a fighting class, but as a whole, the TR should be naturally faster.

In all fairness I think we'll get a better feel when combat advantage is fixed on the preview, but either way, an ability like Smoke Bomb should grant that whether or not you are in stealth.
    Tested a few more things again on preview
    Shadow of Demise 73.65% less damage
    ( live this is 5 small ticks of damage then one big one. preview as noted says its just one 'big' one which obviously not big )
    Shadowborn 63.6% less damage
    Bleed 36.5% less damage . i did see they were considering restoring this
    Whirlwind of blades from stealth - 5% more damage
    Whirlwind of blade not from stealth - 7% more damage

• scottyfnc#2957 scottyfnc Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Just tested my sabo on preview. 13.5k ilvl on live server, lost my guild boons on test server. so dropped to 13k., plus no CA damage apparently (which kind of screws the numbers up since i run a high charisma build). in a non-dungeon solo environment i usually run adv. position (for full time CA), oppressive darkness which on live procs well with df. With all that being said, and given full time CA - OD would usually be around 15% of my damage (it does scale with power and can crit and all that). However, now even though they "buffed" OD damage, it actually procs a lot less now (mainly the df changes) and only accounted for 9-10% of my damage on test server. It would be an even less percentage if combat advantage damage was actually contributing to my main powers. So go ahead and scratch OD as a NERF, even though they tried to make that look like a buff. I even just used sly flourish as my at will to try and get it to proc more and it was still that bad. This was tested against 3 T-rex's in chult (i wish i had that luck on live server..) Also, what was the point of nerfing advanced position which was 8 seconds before to 5 seconds now? In a party i will have CA anyways so you're not nerfing my damage in a party/dungeon, only nerfing my ability to maintain CA while SOLOING, so what your really doing is just nerfing the defensive buff from it from 8 to 5 seconds. What exactly is that balancing? Also, the blade flurry looks like a buff, but since it was actually firing off more than it should and it was fixed, the buff just counters the fix. So again what looks like a buff, well isn't really. I used to solo the t-rex in chult, took a few minutes, but i did it. On preview I had to call in a guildie (GWF of course..) to help me get CA back up and give me moral support as i struggled to kill barney... and revive me every time i died. The One with the shadows is very nice improvement over current sabo buff, but the damage just wasn't there.
  • tremeliques#2035 tremeliques Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Forgot to add this to the aura of courage part, it was not the buff to SoD that made TRs good, was the bug of AoC and SB it increased our dmg by between 20-30% worth of buffs compared to the 10-15% worth of buffs from SoD ( after fixing its double dip)
  • scottyfnc#2957 scottyfnc Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Also, one thing to put in your TR notes as you rebuild, i was able to get shadowy opportunity to stack twice (showed 2 on the icon) by stealth-encounter-stealth-encounter combo. It kinda worked and did some extra damage. kinda..
  • tremeliques#2035 tremeliques Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    And another thing i forgot to add, if you really wanted to fixed power loop you could simply make what u did with WoB but with CB and Press the Advantage, again as said in another post i explained that WoB works as a buff to the existing power, the fact that Cb and PtA were just checking how much power you had and adding a % of it was what made power loop a thing, meanwhile WoB checks how much power you have, increases it by % amount and when receiving more power it would increase said amount too, so if u made they all work the same adding to each other ( example: WoB giving 60% and CB giving 25% we would endup with 85% )i don't see a problem, this if you guys don't mind about having high power but since you only refereed that power looping was the problem here's a good fix that still nerfs the class but doesn't totally destroy it.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User

OK apart from asking for a class reroll, we should tell you why we think that the changes are terrible for PVE TRs.

Please dont remove our movement speed.
    Why not just buff our encounters without subtracting the mobility?
    In pve and pop I rely mainly on my mobility to survive.
    When I am caught its 1 to 3 hits before I am dead by several defensive based classes.
    Plus they move just as fast as me now or faster, and I am the class that should have the mobility and power.
    Remove the speed and those who need it will have less build choices on this mod not more.
    It takes a huge sacrifice to go max mobility.
    If you add in the stuff we are losing in mod 15 plus mobility.
    Tr class has fallen into a darker state.

Please leave our mobility intact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • marcstenmarcsten Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    "The main goals of this pass were to make sure that Trickster Rogues have more than 1 viable feat tree" - Sounds like an execuse to nerf the Class (saboteur is used by alot of people for everything but boss fights). Best DPS-Class for not even one MOD and already getting nerfed to the ground. Why would you even consider those changes in the first place? Noone asked for it.