Hey Trickster Rogues,
Hopefully this is the moment you’ve all been waiting for because this is the major re-balancing of the Trickster Rogue class! The main goals of this pass were to make sure that Trickster Rogues have more than 1 viable feat tree, powers were getting a more even distribution of usage, and troubling interactions were fixed.
To accomplish this, we have done a lot of work to all three feat trees, adjusted many encounter, at-will, class feature, and daily powers, and changed the way Stealth regenerates. While a lot of these changes are buffs and quality of life improvements, there are definitely some nerfs in there.
When tackling stealth, we realized that there were a couple of core problems with the mechanic. In most cases, you would enter a fight and use stealth once but then couldn’t really get away long enough to use it again without using powers like Shadowstrike or having access to the Shadow of Demise feat. To fix this, taking damage now reduces your stealth regeneration, instead of halting it, so that you have more consistent opportunities to use it.
In PvP there were also some frustrations with Stealth. Since Trickster Rogues could re-enter stealth so often, they were basically untargetable for a majority of a fight. Without hindering the mechanic as a whole, we came up with a solution that will only affect the rogue while they are in PvP. Attacking enemies while stealthed will reveal you to other players, but still allow you to gain the mechanical advantages of stealth (such as Shadow of Demise).
We also increased the time it takes to regain the stealth bar, this is mostly because we want Stealth Regeneration to feel more powerful and we wanted more room for it to grow without it becoming a problem. An example of this can be found in Master Infiltrator; Gloaming Cut now offers a Stealth Regeneration buff for a period of time.
As for the other changes you will see below, we really wanted to focus on getting lesser-used powers into a better state. We also took a pass at some powers that felt clunky to make them feel a bit more fluid, like Duelist’s Flurry and Gloaming Cut.
- Stealth Changes
- Stealth: Now takes 12.5 seconds to build a full bar (up from 10 seconds)
- Stealth: Duration increased to 6 seconds (up from 5 seconds)
- Stealth: Taking damage no longer interrupts Stealth Regeneration
- Stealth: Taking damage now halves Stealth Regeneration for 2 seconds (instead of stopping it for 3 seconds)
- Stealth (PvP): Trickster Rogues will now be visible to opponents when they deal damage from stealth. Powers that do not remove stealth will not reveal the rogue and damage over time effects, such as smoke bomb and path of the blade, will not remove stealth. This only occurs while in a PvP mode.
- Duelist's Flurry (Revamped): Bleed Chance on each swing has been increased to 100%
- Duelist's Flurry: Final combo now lasts for 6 attacks, instead of 9
- Duelist's Flurry: Final combo's animation time has been halved (related to the above)
- Duelist's Flurry: The final combo of this power no longer reduces your stealth meter by a large amount
- Now reduces Stealth by 7.5% per swing (~70% for a full combo)
- Duelist's Flurry: Bleed damage lowered by ~40%
- Cloud of Steel: Maximum stack count increased to 10 (up from 8)
- Cloud of Steel: Base damage increased by 12%
- Sly Flourish: Broken Armor debuff reduced to 4% (Down from 10%)
- Sly Flourish: Broken Armor debuff now stacks up to 3 times (for a total of 12%)
- Gloaming Cut (Reworked): Damage increased by ~25%
- Gloaming Cut: Charge time reduced to 0.25s (down from 0.7s)
- This will make the power cast ~45% faster
- Gloaming Cut: Execution damage increased to 100% at rank 1 (up from 25%)
- Note: This is the same as the old rank 4 value
- Gloaming Cut: Execution damage no longer increases at each rank
- Gloaming Cut: Stealth gain on kill no longer increases at each rank (20% down from 35% at R4)
- Gloaming Cut: (NEW) Now increases stealth regeneration by 7.5% for 8 seconds
- Gloaming Cut: (NEW) Now increases the Stealth Regeneration amount by 2.5% per rank
- Disheartening Strike (Reworked): The damage debuff has been reduced to 6%
- Disheartening Strike: The damage debuff per rank has been reduced to 2%
- Disheartening Strike: Now increases damage you deal to the target by 6%
- Disheartening Strike: Now increases damage you deal to the target by 2% per rank
- Disheartening Strike: Duration reduced to 12 seconds (down from 15 seconds)
- Disheartening Strike: Now deals damage every 2 seconds (up from every 1.5 seconds)
- Disheartening Strike: (NEW) Now deals minor damage when first applied (About 1 ticks worth of the DoT)
Class Feature Changes
Civil Anarchy | Nyv's Workshop for MW Professions | Better raid coordination with NWRaid.com
don't overreact and please read the threads fully.
200 times neft? o_O
Still I agreed with one comment above, I don't think this is as bad as what some are claiming, yet if people are honest it entirely true they may stop playing... ...still if it were me I'd FOCUS the efforts and perhaps trying to find a few a compromises that could perhaps be made instead suggesting them to reconsider a few of the changes they've made especially to the bigger items everyone is concerned about.
Complaining doesn't HELP identify where the issue is, but if people TRY to be constructive and say:
Possibly consider revising A, B, C in this feat path; or A, B in this one; or perhaps A, B, C, D in this one. Then provide some reasons for it. I'd also like to HOPE that everyone has downloaded PREVIEW so they at least try out the class with all the changes and BUFFs with NERFs included and perhaps it might change a few opinions. But if NOT then at least you have more support for suggesting why B or C in the first paragon path is too harsh or doesn't X or Y doesn't BUFF enough.
as for pve, trs were the best dps class, now with the changes they might drop too far, we will see
This is exactly why I don't have a single main, because I know you are likely to nerf it out of existence.
What i understand from what i've seen so far in the forums, you guys wanted to nerf a bit every class to make the dungeons last longer, or to be harder as intented. What about dc do about 12k itmlv? no one is gonna take them now as ac. Whatever, it's not about dc, it's about tr. I understand the dmg nerfs, but the numbers are absurd and you exaggerated with them. Flurry and sod are way too low now, you can't even use them. I can solo valindra with my 15k sw and my friend can't solo (in a reasonable amount of time) with 16.5 tr now(on preview without boons), and btw valindra is bugged and she just disappears with your puppet/companion after you deal some dmg to her. Reconsider those numbers please, you will lose a lot of players because of this, because after a full combo of tr he deals less than me when i use only hellish rebuke.
At this point you might as well just remove the class from the game, because after this MOD everyone will either of quit or move onto a GWF, as that will be the only end game DPS people will want.
HAHAHAHAHAHA the crypt are funny, guys this is a April fools day.....