What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    For those who will take the time to do professions for long term profit, the complicated system will entice their mind. For those who want to dabble in professions, the complicated tutorial will completely turn them off. As Asterdahl stated, the profession system seems to be designed to prevent anyone from dabbling, since not everyone should do professions (in devs opinion).

The tutorial is not intuitive or easy to follow at all. As already stated, you choose the profession that you want to work on first, then you have to provide one thing on that list at +1, which one will have to research for quite some time (while possibly buying a lot of stuff that one does not need at the beginning of professions). Imagine now, someone is a brand new player, with almost no gold, and that player hits the professions tutorial. What happens when they cannot buy everything and they don't know what does what?

I do not see how the tutorial will help anyone actually start professions. It needs to be reworked.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    bluthbananabluthbanana Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Zone chat seems to be limited to your own workshop. At least I am getting no responses. Unless you want us to talk to ourselves and become weird over time it would be nice to use the zone chat to reach out to other crafters.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    The higher quality item display, with only right click just doesn't work well, it is not intuitive and hard to find, and not useful. There is enough room there, if a big icon can't fit, then a small one with smaller text but it needs to go into the task window and not right click

Can't slot Gond forgehammer tool anywhere
  • Options
    dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Jewelcrafting bugs:
    There is no reicpe for a mithril ingot for jewelcrafters.
    Emeral choker recipe appears at the same level as aquamarine choker and requires identical materials.
    High quality items can't be handed in for commission in place of the normal quality ones.
  • Options
    bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    OK so i realise that currently the preview proffesions are a workaround so they do not auto level based on previous proffesion level.
    But my impression of the tutorial is that it is terribad,new players have zero gold and earn gold in tiny dribs and drabs and need it for more important things like potions so having to do actual crafting to progress thru the tutorial is really stupid.
    Secondly the tutorial does not naturally flow thru the tasks leading the player to the next task,there are several steps where i had to guess what to do next becuase there was no further quest (with sparkly path to follow)
    or text saying what was required next,so for example when i came to hand in a +1 item there was no information about how to aquire the +1 item ...is it crafted or do i buy it from the new vendor or is it in the workshop??? I figured it out in the end that i had sell some old epic assets and buy new assets (and in the process accidentally sold ALL my epic persons) then find the task in proffesions and apply a new high level asset in order to craft a +1 item >>>
    A tutorial is supposed to SHOW people how to use the new gadget/doodad/proffesion not have us guessing how to do it.
    Anouther point where all tasks /quests end and no further progress was indicated was after i got to the Auction house and got a commision (no explanation of what the commision is or how it relates to crafting things and everyone knows if its unbound you can sell it on the auction house)...
    turns out my next quest in the tutorial isnt untill i get a profession and artisan to level 40.....that sux since all my proffesions are already max and already have epic assets,
    ok so i get the preview isnt auto leveling but there was no prompt that the tutorial needs level 40 to progress ,i seriously hope that my epic persons translate to max level artisans when it goes live becuase it is seriously stupid to have to level artisans AND proffesion to level 40 to progress thru a TUTORIAL,and there is no explanatory text indicating that the next stage of proffesions is via leveling them and the artisans.
    My suggestion is that the tutorial should NOT have actual recipies to craft as part of the progress ,instead you should pick up samples at the relevant merchant and craft via a sample recipie (that does not cost any copper but pops up text stating that most recipies cost a small amount of copper/silver etc to craft),
    then when you are prompted to craft the +1 item it should give text saying how to make a +1 including about buying better assets and where to get the base resources etc.ideally the tutorial should have something like the vendor loans tools asset for the tutorial task and says i want those back when youre done and after the task is completed and +1 item handed in those loaned items dissapear.that way anyone can do the tutorial and learn how it works without actually leveling a proffesion and leveling artisans and without having to buy anything ...
    because after all it is ONLY a tutorial.
    It is after the tutorial if players want to do proffesions they know how and if they ARE leveling proffesion/s from scratch they get prompts and suggesions to help.Those of us that start out with max level proffesions/artisans still get some pop up tips helps suggesions the first time we actually want to craft things.
    So over all i like the new proffesions i like being able to que tasks etc i like the new layout and having favourites,
    I do NOT like having to go the PE to start new tasks it interupts the game flow ...like when in a dungeon and leader is explaining details to newbee ,well thats where i would switch off open proffesions and collect some stuff/check progress/start new tasks.Cant do that if i have to go to PE every time i want to start a new task.
    I do not like the tutorial ...it isnt a tutorial at all it doesnt help or explain how everything works instead it is trying to hand hold the player thru leveling the proffesions/artisans and fails at it.
    I do not like that everything costs gold/silver/copper so for example crafting packs to donate to guild coffer should be free since they do not have any impact at all on game economy,they cant be traded or sold,so therefore they should not cost anything but some base resources and tie up an artisan for a small time.
    I do realise that the base resources can currently be sold and so crafting the base resources should have a cost,or they should be made so they cant be sold when crafted ,while the same resources that are purchased with guild marks CAN be sold.
    Basically my point is that if the final crafted item cant be sold then it should not have a gold cost.I can see everyone running out of gold in no time or running out of inventory space in minutes of entering a dungeon ,cuase frankly noone actually picks up junk to turn into gold cuase they eat up too much space and time turning them in to a vendor later .Anyone that does proffesions currently does leadership and thats their main source of gold ...and if theyre like me they eat thru most of that removing enchants to equip onto new gear every mod.
    As for the new incentive vendor in PE there is no information about how to earn the required currency to purchase those items ...especially the ultimate enchanting stones.I like that there will be a way to buy them that doesnt include lining other players pockets ,but do i earn the currency doing dungeons?and which dungeons? becuase if its only from doing Castle ravenloft/nine gods etc then only the people that are already over grinding/exploiting them will ever be able to use the incentive vendor.if you can get the currency from doing ANY dungeon then that would be a huge improvement and removes the barriers that forces everyone to only do the one or 2 dungeons that drop UES.
  • Options
    bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Also i would like to point out that so far going thru the tutorial doesnt help us players that regulary craft and doesnt say how to change forghammer/legendary assets into the new assets.
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Please add tabs to the lists of new materials and assets (in the dialogs shown for exchange). It is difficult to find stuff in those long lists, sorted by unknown criteria. Tabs by profession would help.

Also, why can we buy new profession resources only one at a time? What can be more user-unfriendly?

All my level 25 professions were converted to level 35.

The Forgehammer of Gond cannot be used.

Some old assets cannot be converted into credit (crucible, mortar, philosopher's stone, etc).

Post edited by fdsakhfduewhfiuf on
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    @asterdahl - I do have one issue I noted right away. All the candidates I have to choose from are Humans. That's a bit racist don't you think?
  • Options
    ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Why charging gold/silver/copper on the proffesions? I may have missed what makes gold valuable. (Aside from swapping enchantments, of course).

Also, you can do proffesions from outside the workshop, but no chance of doing gathering? :/
  • Options
    eugeecoeugeeco Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I can't tell if an artisan I hire is green/blue/purple when it's time to accept/decline them, or manage them. I can only see their color when assigning them to a task.

Also I have 25 Leadership and had only started with 35 Gathering.
    Post edited by eugeeco on
  • Options
    szerevaxszerevax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    Can't upgrade workshop to 3 lvl. I get Workshop Upgrade Supplies item from quest (fill commission to 500000) but option to upgrade not available from desk( button not working). Npc Clement say option is Righr, I'll go start the upgrade.
  • Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Currently, only olds npc are transmuted to tickets and we use them to buy new tools.
    We hoped to trade npc for npc and tools for tools.
    All tools are grey or white, the only difference we see is the price and the name, we'd like to see purples, blue, green and why not orange for legendary tools.

Lot of recipes are missing like recipes between lvl 40 and 70, and of course mastercraft
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    eugeecoeugeeco Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I was unable to sell enough Black Ink to the South Sea Trading Company to reach 500K. I got to 498300, and then it wouldn't let me sell more, claiming I couldn't have more of that currency. (2100 from the Black Ink would have put me over 500K.) I was able to just spend 1700 AD to reach 500K. Even after completing the quest with the landlord, I still wasn't able to go over 500K currency. Now when I talk to Clement, he tells me to go upgrade the Workshop to level 3, but the option is greyed out at the desk.
  • Options
    szerevaxszerevax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    brewald said:

Currently, only olds npc are transmuted to tickets and we use them to buy new tools.

Yes and we need exchange npcs/tools to kind of experience book to level artisans profession level. You need a minimum 65 lvl artisans to continue mastercraft quest and leveling its take a long time.
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    brewald said:

All tools are grey or white, the only difference we see is the price and the name, we'd like to see purples, blue, green and why not orange for legendary tools.

This
    brewald said:

Lot of recipes are missing like recipes between lvl 40 and 70, and of course mastercraft

For this you only have to go in the paramaters of your workshop's craft table, and click "preview future recipes". As we're not correctly scaled yet to be lvl 70 prof when we're lvl 25 on live, you need to toggle the "future" recipes. It's all there
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Also Some assets like Hero's cost 2-4 times other assets, but exchanged for the same rate, can this be adjusted for the transition and we get at least twice the new currency for them?

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    As someone that had the alt army with 20 toons at 25 leadership and 9 open slots, this change will definitely effect me. While I think the process is a little clunky and will definitely be unworkable across my alts, I'm OK with it. Change is good.

I wasn't able to figure out how to get the sending stones or do the Box for Knox quest, and the UI is pretty glitchy.

Also, Alchemy assets are not included in the buy-back program...

Is our choice of Retainer permanent? If we can fire artisans, why can't we fire the retainer and bring on a new one?
  • Options
    wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I would like developers to revisit RNG fairness for professions and refinement.

With current system I have feeling that when I'm logging on, the single RNG value is used for all tasks. And these value has lower probability than it should. For example, I had failing streak for creating saddle was 17 times. Such event should be very rare, but happened on other items too. Also I had failed to upgrade tiamat neck to legendary 45 times, with declared 10% upgrade chance.

Other RNG anomalies happen as well. Most easy to reproduce is opening resource nodes. It fails more rarely than expected for the different nodes. But if it fails, it usually fails several times (very rarely one time). With declared probability of 75% such event should be very rare. When refining, if I have success with one enchantment, I'll likely have success with refining the same one second later. I actually have seen streak of upgrading three enchants from R7 to R8.

Is it possible to use some good and warmed up and cluster node shared RNG for cases where user interaction is assumed: professions, refinement, opening chests, looting nodes and chests, etc. I understand that some optimized and not so good RNG might be needed for battles, but user interactions will happen more rarely, and more fair randomness would be welcome. As there will be more randomness in new system, more fair randomness would be needed. Just use some secure random algorithm that is tested for fairness and dip into it on each check.

• Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

RE: Jewelcrafting: We have no plans for any current or future profession items to be bind on pickup. This runs counter to the entire goal of the professions, so we won't be having items like this any longer.

I just crafted 2 low level blue rings and they are bound to character.

Bound items are the Great Evil. Please, make all craftables items Bound to Equip.
  • Options
    dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    I'm unable to progress in the workship level 3 upgrade. I collected the 500k credit and came back to see the NPC tell me to start the upgrade, but the button is still greyed out at my desk. Clicking on it does nothing.

Also in the preceding stage, 500k credit it the precise maximum the game iwll allow you to have, and it won't let you sell anything that would take you over that limit, so I had to spend AD to buy credit to finish off the amount.

Gathering Bug: Nettles do not fall under any of the specific categories, they should probably be under "substance". Currently you can only find them under "all".

Personally I think the delivery box is far too small. I currently have 3 gathering tasks and 3 crafting tasks running, so immediately 6 of my 17 slots are reserved, once those tasks complete my box will rapidly fill up. Realistically if it stays like this I could never leave the workshop untended and do normal adventuring because I would have to return to empty the box too often.

Secondly, the sale value for created items is nonsense, they cost more gold to make than they are worth.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Change the resources purchased, with currency, to UNBOUND or nobody will want them!
    I think every well recognizes that the currency Vendor previously offered vendor items that were Unbound, so you'd at least be able to expect even if it offered a 50% exchange rate towards the newer item. But it should NOT offer an previously unbound item in exchange for a now Character bound item.

Especially on currency VENDORS please: try ensuring they all are updated 1-999x !
    My goodness... While I've gone through most of the material fairly as fairly and objectively as possible. Change the currency Vendor so every item offers the 1-999x purchase option. My goodness I found it only offered 1 or 2 amount the hundred's of materials. And my goodness nobody even wants the stuff that's offered because it bound. So you're likely just going to force everybody throw away everything they've worked to saving at this point.

Why are professions showing as level 35 not 70 as indicated this a BUG?

Why does Artisan's TOOLBOX on Wood Crates (Workshop) as all artisan's as Uncommon?
    Still every Commission or Speed Multiplier boost you are given shows the boost en? quality artisan, regardless if they have a 50% speed boost, 75% speed boost or 100% speed boost OR even higher? Some can even be as fast as 150-200%. So my only guess is that and some that quality is a total combined of Commission Multiplier and Speed Multiplier yet still most seem to only show as either common or rare quality almost exclusively though I've seen at least one epic. I still think something isn't displaying their TRUE quality properly on Preview in the current build.

-----
    NOTE:
    -----

At least if we click the GEAR icon in the artisan's table or dashboard in workshop we can at least set the View to PREVIEW future recipes, or those with unmet requirements to see what UNLOCKS at 61-70, or how if any changes were made to Chultan Recipe's, before then getting into Mastercraft I/II, III, or IV-V levels as their group into.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    strathkin said:

Also everybody is NOTICING that professional levels are set at 35 not 70 like indicated?

So despite having fully levelled several professions to 25 previously now you have to spend time leveling Leadership or Gathering from 35 --> 70 again, or Blacksmithing from 35 --> 70, Armorer from 35 --> 70, etc... I mean this is likely a mistake so HOPEFULLY will be FIXED prior to release?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1242739/
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    When reviewing new applications, it would be nice to have the ability to scroll through each applicant. If i only have space for two more artisans, but I have 5 applicants, I would like to review each applicant before deciding on who to accept.
  • Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I do not see where it tells me how much experience a recipe grants.

Not until the recipe is completed.
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User

-Delivery Box is too small.
    -Only be able to launch 3 crafting tasks, and 3 gathering task is not a good thing when old system let us launch 9 tasks when all slots are unlocked. Does other slots will be unlocked in the future ?
    -Artisans applications and quality/number/choice feel like it will be hided behind a paywall (zen) with a lot of RNG involved.
    -400-410 blue pieces of gear craftable at level 70 are a joke, out of pleasant skins for few of them, they are worse than current blue gear looted from mobs in a stats point of view.
    -Stronghold crates recipes are missing and i feel very bad about them.
    -Gold cost for few tasks is prohibitive, even more when RNG God give you artisans with a +150% cost "bonus".

I don't see any positive aspect of this rework. New system feel designed to be non-noob-friendly and not rewarding for thoses who don't do mastercraft.

I think most of players will not play this aspect of the game, and the most notable effect will be a slam in AH crafting Economy, you know, the AH, the most used AD Sink of your game.

Curious to see how you manage to force people to stay out of the most used Ad sink, when you change every other aspect of the game "beacause there is too many ad in game".
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    At the material vendor, there is only one material where you can specify the number you want - for everything else you have to buy a single one over and over and over...
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    -I agree that the delivery box is too small, Can you let the materials stack inside the delivery box?
    -The Quest to upgrade to level 2 is frustrating, I spent a good hour looking for the materials I was trying to craft before finding the option to display options that I couldn't currently craft because I didn't have the materials, can you add a tutorial that explains how to show these crafting options?
    - Crafting is a massive time sink and incredibly frustrating in general. If your goal was to reduce the number of people using crafting, you've succeeded beyond your wildest imaginations
    -I haven't progressed to level 40 in one profession, even though I've started at level 35 here and I haven't unlocked the ability to remotely access the crafting. If your expecting to have people progress while adventuring, don't hold your breath, that won't be possible for the vast majority of players. No new players will access it I'm betting!
    -I cannot buy multiples of some materials, Please add the ability to purchase more than one crafting material at one time!
    -I've replaced the crafting implements but I cannot replace the workers I used to have. Why can I not purchase Artisans to replace my workers?
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

-I agree that the delivery box is too small, Can you let the materials stack inside the delivery box?
    -The Quest to upgrade to level 2 is frustrating, I spent a good hour looking for the materials I was trying to craft before finding the option to display options that I couldn't currently craft because I didn't have the materials, can you add a tutorial that explains how to show these crafting options?
    - Crafting is a massive time sink and incredibly frustrating in general. If your goal was to reduce the number of people using crafting, you've succeeded beyond your wildest imaginations
    -I haven't progressed to level 40 in one profession, even though I've started at level 35 here and I haven't unlocked the ability to remotely access the crafting. If your expecting to have people progress while adventuring, don't hold your breath, that won't be possible for the vast majority of players. No new players will access it I'm betting!
    -I cannot buy multiples of some materials, Please add the ability to purchase more than one crafting material at one time!

I do think the "reduce the number of people using professions" thing is very much working as intended. It's just kind of disgusting when the solution is to deliberately make the system unfun to interact with.

I dig complexity to some point, but when the interface is obnoxious and inefficient, that's when I get frustrated.