test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't touch my loot!

robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Why the green items I pick up are rolled up for the party?

I wouldn't mind it, but the problem is that most peeps just zerg to to end and ignore what drops on the ground.
So it's unfair when I take my time to pick up the stuff and that stuff I don't receive.
I don't care about kill count, but I do like to loot stuff.

Anyway, what's the point for this rolling thing?
1) Previously it was manual rolls and I hated that since rolling for every single green item was so stupid.
2) Now we have autorolls, seems better, but it's even worse (as explained above).
3) The best solution would be no rolls at all (at last for the green trash items), the one who isn't lazy to pick it up should have it (the most valuable stuff never drops on the ground anyway, I mean it drops in chests, buy with seals, etc.).
4) Ok, in case of a rare item/important item drops then make a roll (either manual or auto, it doesn't really matter since it won't happen too often).
Post edited by robai#6206 on

Comments

• kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Assuming you are not running in a Random Queue, try setting the loot threshold to blue, that way you can loot all the greens you want and nobody else will be rolling for your greens.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User

Assuming you are not running in a Random Queue, try setting the loot threshold to blue, that way you can loot all the greens you want and nobody else will be rolling for your greens.

In that setting shouldn't be able to set the threshold to green items (why would anyone want to do the massive pointless clicking for every single green item?).
    In non random groups I always ask to fix this (in case someone set it to green).
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    miasmat said:

We're kind of in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation if our only options are these two. Someone is going to be unhappy.

Valid point.

I aim to misbehave
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The new system is pretty smooth. In general, I hate UI elements popping up in the middle portion of the screen but this is very unobtrusive and goes away swiftly. My loot results were set to the bottom right a long tome ago, and with Interact Include Volume bound to a mouse button, I can grab items while moving.

Since Greens are now party loot on random groups, you have a chance at everything that drops, not just what dropped for you. Eventually, people should learn to manage their loot settings, meaning those that don't loot won't be rolling anyway.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Green (Uncommon) stuff is not worth worrying about.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Like Black Pearls?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Green (Uncommon) stuff is not worth worrying about.

Is for some, otherwise they wouldn't be wanting to pick it up in the first place.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Autoroll for low stuff is great, it was really annoying when someone started picking up things while fighting enemies and you had to stop fighting to roll those things that were displayed mid combat.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    nisckis said:

Autoroll for low stuff is great, it was really annoying when someone started picking up things while fighting enemies and you had to stop fighting to roll those things that were displayed mid combat.

@nisckis since when were you a dev? I knew about @miasmat but not you. How long have you been hiding from us?

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

I can't help but point out that the OP is 'claiming' ownership of loot that was dropped by mobs that his entire party contributed to dispatching. Taking an extra half-second to press 'F' does not immediately grant you sole access to those items. Every member of your team has a right to roll on loot in your dungeon if they want to, regardless of who clicked on it.

This.

While you are clicking green stuff, they are killing the monsters that cause the green stuff to appear.

It's not your loot, it's the party's loot, and if it's loot that your character can use then you get to roll need.

I like to pick up all the loot, too, but it's not "my loot". It belongs to the party as a whole until the roll is made.
    What ends up in my inventory is "my loot" and nothing else.

=============

The one thing that I think I would like would be to keep all of the dungeons open after the last room and leave the treasure lying.

That way everyone could run through the dungeon as fast as they can if they have anyone wants to do a speed run, but the players that wanted to could go back after the final boss is defeated and collect the loot that was left lying around as well as possibly fighting bonus bosses, unlocking secret areas, and/or collecting journal entries.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

So it's unfair when I take my time to pick up the stuff and that stuff I don't receive.

If loot wasn't auto rolled, those people who zerg to the end would be thinking how unfair it is they did all the work smashing mobs while others just follow and scavenge the loot.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    I liked the old way better. I don't normally pick up a lot during some runs but I do try to pick up gems. But with this new system Im getting HAMSTER I don't want while losing out on things I do want.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    One, labor intensive, solution is to reprogram the loot drop module so that once the monsters in the room are all killed 1) the room exit is blocked, 2)Any player(s) beyond the exit door are paused, 3) ALL the loot drops and the door(s) will be opened when at least 90% of the loot is picked up.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    The newer looting system is bad, but there is a way to make it free for all by the party leader or to set the threshold.

I end up with items I do not want to use.

If I want the green items I will go and find a proper place to farm them, not needing them in little random dungeons at all.

Pretty sure that only 1% of people collect them anyway, the rest are bots.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • merceron17merceron17 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    be nice if when running a dungeon that loot was more geared towards your class
  • shoziku222shoziku222 Member Posts: 67 Arc User

The newer looting system is bad, but there is a way to make it free for all by the party leader or to set the threshold.

I end up with items I do not want to use.

If I want the green items I will go and find a proper place to farm them, not needing them in little random dungeons at all.

Pretty sure that only 1% of people collect them anyway, the rest are bots.

Things have changed recently. More and more people are looting as the dungeon progresses due to autoroll. I loot greens and blues and many others are too, which helps because they grab what I apparently missed.

• robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    Party loot shouldn't exist at all!
    1) The autoroll should kick in BEFORE showing items on the ground
    2) So, if I wasn't lucky in autoroll then I shouldn't see those items on the ground and just move on
    3) But if I see green/blue item and take my time to loot it then it should be mine

For those who worried about stopping party: don't worry, I loot fast and move fast (I don't loot if I see that it would stop party).

Sometimes I do runs on my bank toons (since they have invoke bonus for AD), but they have too small inventory to pick up anything, so I don't pick up anything on them at all (current system is really annoying, because now I have to spend additional time to get rid of overflow stuff on those toons).
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Party loot shouldn't exist at all!
    1) The autoroll should kick in BEFORE showing items on the ground
    2) So, if I wasn't lucky in autoroll then I shouldn't see those items on the ground and just move on
    3) But if I see green/blue item and take my time to loot it then it should be mine

For those who worried about stopping party: don't worry, I loot fast and move fast (I don't loot if I see that it would stop party).

Sometimes I do runs on my bank toons (since they have invoke bonus for AD), but they have too small inventory to pick up anything, so I don't pick up anything on them at all (current system is really annoying, because now I have to spend additional time to get rid of overflow stuff on those toons).

You could use Round Robin loot when in preformed groups. That rotates through the group giving each player a turn at receiving loot and only they see the drop on the ground for their loot.

With your bank toons, I would make sure to set your personal threshold to Epic as that should avoid the majority of the loot rolls.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I think we should just have separate drops in a grp or having an option to set for u to be independent so u can have ur own drops and no one else's loot. That would be a nice option personally, autoloot was a cool idea but some ppl have their bags a certain way and purposely dont pick up loot for example. And then theres hoarders that want everything and every drop of copper they can get their hands on. I like my friends, but I like my loot too.
  • predariouspredarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    This all about random rolls for the loot pinatas. This problem seems to be that some people want them and others don't, but folks with both opinions can be in the same party and are affected by the act of autorolls.

I like the new autoroll feature, but it does fill inventory. Sometimes quickly. I can certainly understand why some players don't want or need low level loot. And I don't want my dungeon janitorial habits to impact other player negatively.

Perhaps what we need is an individual filter, something simple and easily adjustable that lets a player choose what loot he will accept from an autoroll. A want/don't want list for party autorolls.

A simple filter might look like this:
    [ ] treasure [ ] don't want treasure.
    [ ] want white loot. [ ] don't want white loot.
    [ ] want green loot. [ ] don't want green loot.
    [ ] want blue loot. [ ] don't want blue loot.

Are there purple drops that are autorolled. I can't think of one right now. And a more complicated filter could include the difference gemstone and arms/armor.

A simple click and the player is excluded, by choice, from the autoroll. Make the filter easy to adjust (campfire or not in combat) and now the player is in control of what goes in his inventory.

Obviously this wouldn't have any effect on drops the player clicked, which would bypass the filter. It also wouldn't affect loot gained by mission completion or from a chest. This is just about what, and who, is affected by the auto loot feature.

Simple and would fix, I think, some complaints about this new feature.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

A simple filter might look like this:
    [ ] treasure [ ] don't want treasure.
    [ ] want white loot. [ ] don't want white loot.
    [ ] want green loot. [ ] don't want green loot.
    [ ] want blue loot. [ ] don't want blue loot.

Treasure such as bowls, as well as white loot, doesn't auto roll. Currently the auto roll is green and above for need/greed.

The rarity filter does exist. You can open up the loot mode window and choose your personal threshold.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 Except the rarity filter has no effect in Random Queues. I think that's where the issue lies. When you go into RQ your own preference is overwritten with green as standard and that can't be changed. I know, I've tried.
    Idk if this is a bug or wai, I only know how it presently works in RQs.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • predariouspredarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 Thanks for the information on the filter. I never knew that. I always assumed that loot controls were exclusively for the team leader. Yeah, assumptions and all that.

My mistake.

But I learned something new and it makes me like the autoroll feature even more. If it currently works as ilithyn said above, I hope it gets fixed.