test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Don't touch my loot!

Comments

• Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    ilithyn said:

@noworries#8859 Except the rarity filter has no effect in Random Queues. I think that's where the issue lies. When you go into RQ your own preference is overwritten with green as standard and that can't be changed. I know, I've tried.
    Idk if this is a bug or wai, I only know how it presently works in RQs.

Are you saying that the dropdown for "My Threshold" isn't able to be changed when you're queued or that what you have it set to is being overridden, ex. it shows as being set to blue, but your character is still rolling on greens?
  • Options
    robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    ilithyn said:

@noworries#8859 Except the rarity filter has no effect in Random Queues. I think that's where the issue lies.

^This^

Are you saying that the dropdown for "My Threshold" isn't able to be changed when you're queued or that what you have it set to is being overridden, ex. it shows as being set to blue, but your character is still rolling on greens?

Are you saying that "My Threshold" is supposed to have an effect in Random Queues or even in any non private Queues?
    That's a new thing.
    Still no idea how this could possibly work since there is no leader and different players could have different threshold.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

ilithyn said:

@noworries#8859 Except the rarity filter has no effect in Random Queues. I think that's where the issue lies. When you go into RQ your own preference is overwritten with green as standard and that can't be changed. I know, I've tried.

@noworries#8859 I've never tried to change it while in an RQ - may try that next time I do one if I remember to- so I don't know if that works or not. But I know that it is being overwritten. My default is set to blue and have been for a long time, I've checked that it is indeed still on blue and in private queues it is still blue. But when I'm in RQs I roll for green loot too and this is even if I enter with a premade team with everyone having set their default to blue. (I did that with my alliance this weekend where we talked about this and yeah, it sets it default to green no matter what your My Threshold level is.)

I mean, it's no biggie for me since rolls happens automatically and the pop up for them is so small I can't even count it as a distraction (and it's free RP when I win so...). I just noticed that with the autoloot roll change - which btw is very nice and thank you for that - my blue default gets overwritten in RQs.

As I said for me it's not really that big a thing even if it isn't wai and it does comes with some benefits, but it does appear to be bothering some people re: this thread.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

ilithyn said:

I believe that in a Random Queue, everyone's thresholds are being ignored because random queues DELIBERATELY ignore party loot settings: The leader is chosen at random, so you REALLY don't want "party leader decides" being your party's setting inside a PUG.

I think that's the best place to start your investigation? We know party loot settings are ignored in Random and that's good, so maybe check to make sure personal loot settings aren't being completely ignored too?
  • Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    ilithyn said:

ilithyn said:

@noworries#8859 I've never tried to change it while in an RQ - may try that next time I do one if I remember to- so I don't know if that works or not. But I know that it is being overwritten. My default is set to blue and have been for a long time, I've checked that it is indeed still on blue and in private queues it is still blue. But when I'm in RQs I roll for green loot too and this is even if I enter with a premade team with everyone having set their default to blue. (I did that with my alliance this weekend where we talked about this and yeah, it sets it default to green no matter what your My Threshold level is.)
    Thank you for that information, we will take a look into that. The overall intention is that your threshold always applies, even in public groups with no leader.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

I mean, it's no biggie for me since rolls happens automatically and the pop up for them is so small I can't even count it as a distraction (and it's free RP when I win so...). I just noticed that with the autoloot roll change - which btw is very nice and thank you for that - my blue default gets overwritten in RQs.

As I said for me it's not really that big a thing even if it isn't wai and it does comes with some benefits, but it does appear to be bothering some people re: this thread.

I've noticed with it set to rare it says I roll on the green stuff too...but I always roll a 0. At first I was like why am I always rolling a 0. Then it dawned on me that this was their "hack".
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    empalas said:

ilithyn said:

I've noticed with it set to rare it says I roll on the green stuff too...but I always roll a 0. At first I was like why am I always rolling a 0. Then it dawned on me that this was their "hack".
    Mine is set to rare and I do actually roll and not auto zeros. Just did an ESoT this morning via RIQ and won three green pearls, and three or four green items that way.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    If they would just do what I've said in various posts several times - have individualized drops. I get my loot, everyone else gets theirs. No loot rolls needed, ever. It worked great in City of Heroes, especially in combination with auto loot pickup, which could be configurable.
  • Options
    babaloo3babaloo3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Just read bold :'( , :s if you grind LOL FUN and Team play OR GRIND - anyone can build, grind. :o What skills do we have if no social interaction and what? force pause? -I don't know about that you can still run to next stop leaving time for inventory, bank, mail... while short wait for them to grab and catch up
    don't see purple drops like in the old days - Boss chest changed -change change some good B) for game, like protect item o:) , easy refine etc..
    "Long ago in a dungon" we had fun. Lots of ROFLmy gut hurt 'talk about abs'. "Team Play" Everyone did pause and/or clear rooms - it gave a chance for pickups, communication. Die then-wrong turn "that room we passed had mob and chest!"
    In all only took about a minute longer for the whole run :p , no grind and wait - it was a team effort, some are fast at chat and grind. So it flowed. No Grind and WAIT
    New to gamming, (old woman) me and others got tips from group (trades "here put this on, I just picked it up") Short talk about that boss play, what powers, a build info site etc.. (what the abrev. mean) what, what "here look this list up its a good one" And I wasn't the only one who needed it. Lost alot of fun people when the grind grind started to take hold leaving social interaction behind- laughter, reassurance, jokes about NPC's etc..
    LOL ME a healer who thought she was a tank, "thats how you play right kill the big guy" Each player had a role now the only time you get any of this interaction is in a REALLY GOOD :p GUILD. That kind of INTERACTION BUILT GREAT Guilds I want this fun social stuff back LOL :'(B):p
  • Options
    kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    I wouldn't care about the random loot rolls if it weren't for the fact that I ran a leveling random for AD's with folks that didn't have dragonhoard or any enchantments and low and behold they won the black pearls. There is a reason I spent what I did to refine them. I'm all about helping out the little guy but it starts and ends with my guild and alliance when it comes to refinement items.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    rynardm said:

I wouldn't care about the random loot rolls if it weren't for the fact that I ran a leveling random for AD's with folks that didn't have dragonhoard or any enchantments and low and behold they won the black pearls. There is a reason I spent what I did to refine them. I'm all about helping out the little guy but it starts and ends with my guild and alliance when it comes to refinement items.

Uh, Dragon Hoard drops are *never* rolled on, or dropped on the ground. They're auto-deposited into your inventory, account-bound to you. Also, neither Dragon Hoard nor Wanderer's Fortune will EVER drop a Black Pearl. Black Pearl and Amythest only ever drop as unbound loot.

All those Black Pearls you saw rolled on? Legit loot, available to anyone, that would have still dropped if you unequipped your farming enchants.
  • Options
    crimson#2619 crimson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    maybe try and fix everyone in a random group rolling on my chant dropped loot, why break things that worked fine? Why should I have worked hard to come up with 5 high rank DH, QM chants for others to roll on the drops?
  • Options
    mortree#1723 mortree Member Posts: 4 New User
    Easy answer -- place all loot in treasure chest at end of game (basically auto pickup) -- even random drops. Autoroll whose chest it goes in. This will stop all pauses to collect loot drops and manage inventory until the quest is done. Yet no looting opportunity will be missed. Of course skill check looting would need to be omitted from this process as well as potentially trapped chests along the way as those require specific user choices to expend kits or chance traps.

Downside? Total loot is easier to cherry pick as players do not have to guess whether better items will drop in future.

But you could counterbalance people standing there and taking all loot by selling to the catalog store guy. Either lock the chest after they take enough items to fill originally vacant slots (existing stack items do not count until take enough to reach max stack counts in all existing stacks). Or respawn tough monsters after a time less than catalog store recharge time (one round of selling only). No additional drops and 1/10th XP for post quest monsters generation.
  • Options
    Could also include new filter for RQ with intent to (1) Blitz (2) Normal (3) Lolligag - where Blitz will never be with Lolligag and normally will be with Blitz only - unless they subselect to group with normal if blitz only group cannot be filled within x minutes.
  • Options
    A Blitz filter might also include consideration of movement speed differences if the RQs spawn rate is high enough. Again probably sometime users should be able to fine tune by opting in or out (desire to being depending on time of day etc)
  • Options
    Probably an automatic one level speed reduction on Blitz filter if its the first time they ever did that dungeon.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Probably an automatic one level speed reduction on Blitz filter if its the first time they ever did that dungeon.

How would this work? I've got a 5853 movement bonus (14.7% total movement increase). What would a "one level speed reduction" look like? What if everyone else in the party is already faster than I am? Would your plan make me even slower? How would that help anyone?
  • Options

maybe try and fix everyone in a random group rolling on my chant dropped loot, why break things that worked fine? Why should I have worked hard to come up with 5 high rank DH, QM chants for others to roll on the drops?

Once again: Dragon Hoard drops are *never* rolled on, or dropped on the ground. They're auto-deposited into your inventory, account-bound to you. Also, neither Dragon Hoard nor Wanderer's Fortune will EVER drop a Black Pearl. Black Pearl and Amythest only ever drop as unbound loot.

All those Black Pearls you saw rolled on? Legit loot, available to anyone, that would have still dropped if you unequipped your farming enchants.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    The best option in my opinion is the free for all, people can pick up the loot they need/want and by-pass loot they don't need/want - No comment on those players who tend to pick up everything they can get their hands on.

What disturbs me the most are the times I have limited inventory space and wind up with a bunch of items that would be better suited to other members of my party due to the random roll... yeah just try to stop in a random queue to trade a OP Paladin shield or a GWF knot to someone in your party... Usually a massive fail, not to mention significantly slowing down the party's progress. Usually trying to do something like that will not make a player popular with at least one other party member.

And I agree with @merceron17 it would be nice if items players of a certain class got first choice on items specific to their class... if the player for whom the gear is err, geared clicks the "Don't Want It" pop-up then it goes into a roll queue.

• Options
    chidion said:

The best option in my opinion is the free for all, people can pick up the loot they need/want and by-pass loot they don't need/want - No comment on those players who tend to pick up everything they can get their hands on.

What disturbs me the most are the times I have limited inventory space and wind up with a bunch of items that would be better suited to other members of my party due to the random roll... yeah just try to stop in a random queue to trade a OP Paladin shield or a GWF knot to someone in your party... Usually a massive fail, not to mention significantly slowing down the party's progress. Usually trying to do something like that will not make a player popular with at least one other party member.

And I agree with @merceron17 it would be nice if items players of a certain class got first choice on items specific to their class... if the player for whom the gear is err, geared clicks the "Don't Want It" pop-up then it goes into a roll queue.

.... FFA rewards the players who spend the most time looking at the ground and click fastest. Need/Greed with autorolling already causes you to Need for class and universal items and Greed for class-discordant items, so an OP shield will go to the OP every time unless the OP is set to pass on green items. And seriously, there are *no* good autorolling drops for any class.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    lowjohn said:

.... FFA rewards the players who spend the most time looking at the ground and click fastest. Need/Greed with autorolling already causes you to Need for class and universal items and Greed for class-discordant items, so an OP shield will go to the OP every time unless the OP is set to pass on green items.

Rewarding players "who click the fastest" isn't necessarily a good thing when you have some players who are capable of running out ahead of other party members and they click on every item before a slower party member even gets there...

It has not been my experience that class specific gear, like an OP shield goes to Paladin every time, as a matter of fact from playing today, I can say for certain that blue (rare) Control Wizard orbs, Great Weapons Fighter bracers, Hunter Ranger Bows, and yes, Oathbound Paladin shields do not automatically go to the class of player they are supposed to go to... at least not every time as I have had those items appear in my inventory playing a class that can't use them in a party with a class that can.
    lowjohn said:

And seriously, there are *no* good autorolling drops for any class.

That kind of depends on the gear a player has doesn't it?

For the majority of my characters I only replaced gear I had with gear I picked up running content at least until level 70, (rare IL 345) gear, which was usually sufficient to complete all of the elemental campaign to get decent artifact main hand and off hand gear from reaching level 70 and completing Spinward Rise.

Of course that formerly decent main hand and off hand gear a players got from reaching level 70 and completing Spinward Rise (Module 6), immediately became obsolete when Strongholds was introduced (Module 7)...

And so it goes players work their butts off to get end of campaign gear and almost immediately after obtaining it and leveling it up, the gear is made obsolete with the introduction of the next module.

Thankfully with the introduction of Ravenloft (module 14) players able to travel there were rewarded with a beginning set of armor... not that the armor we were given made it much easier for a player who doesn't have a fist full of boons and some high ranking enchantments, to survive even the first few quests (my opinion).

Still, there should be some kind of "I Don't Want It" option, I don't always play characters who have VIP and without ID scrolls some of that gear just isn't worth the trouble (or expense) if identifying... but they still take up inventory space unless a player stops during a run to either toss them out or they have a merchant to sell them to I can run out of inventory space rather quickly and despite that I'm not enticed to purchase VIP if I don't want it and I certainly won't be purchasing any more bags just because of something like this.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Something I think deserves a bit of reconsideration are the allotment of items going to those players who just run by every drop, but when another party member tries to claim those items (refinement gems and professions drops in particular), sometimes wind up going into the inventory of those who passed them up and moved on.

Something should be done about that I think.
    Post edited by chidion on
  • Options
    Current system encourages me to be a Master, because Slaves (party members) will pick up the loot for me (yay, free ref points), so I'll just have fun killing stuff B)
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    HDPS moving on to kill stuff means faster run. What's wrong with sharing the dropped loot. Seems a bit petty for stragglers who don't kill anything to bicker over green drops.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

HDPS moving on to kill stuff means faster run. What's wrong with sharing the dropped loot. Seems a bit petty for stragglers who don't kill anything to bicker over green drops.

If the goal is to make dungeons faster then it's very easy to accomplish that goal, just give a portal to the last Boss fight and it will be quick, profit for everyone, right? I doubt Devs would want that :)

What's wrong with sharing loot?
    Answer: nobody wants to be a slave (picking up loot for others 80% of time).

For example, Random dungeon put you to The Cloak Tower, HDPS is the same as low DPS there since almost everything dies in one hit anyway. Does the one who zerg to the end deserve the ref points left on the ground, which were pick up by others?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    oops, delete this, wrong button
  • Options

What's wrong with sharing loot?
    Answer: nobody wants to be a slave (picking up loot for others 80% of time).

So if a runner who cares about loot loots everything as he moves along, wouldn't that mean no loot at all for straggles?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    The rolling for gear drops is borderline acceptable although a little unfair for the players who have a character who would benefit from those gear drops vs. a player who only wants them for refinement points.

If it actually worked as some have said, with gear specific to a certain class going first to the player who is actually running that class character it would be fine all around, but despite some people saying it is supposed to work that way, I know for a fact from my runs it doesn't always work out that way.

And the people who run through random content who don't bother to pick up anything still being rewarded by the "roll" with refinement gems and such while the players who actually take the time to pick up those items losing to them, that still just seems wrong on so many levels in my opinion.

I will continue to pick up drops I consider important to me and if it delays someone who ran ahead ignoring those drops I feel absolutely no sympathy, they can sort their inventory or shine their swords until I get there.

But it really burns me knowing a black pearl I took the effort to pick up went to someone who intentionally by-passed that item just to get to the next gate more quickly.
  • Options
    People who run ahead of me and smash everything are doing more work than I am. I don't mind moping up the loot and sharing it with them.