test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Bug: Bryn Shander mob spawning quests
    These have a tendency to bug out so that mobs cease spawning and the interact point can no longer be used in a given instance. Speculative cause is a mob stuck in terrain somewhere. I believe Wolf Clearing is the name of the consistently worst one, but I think the same issue can occur with others that are similarly structured.

Mounts sink into the ground and sometimes even tilt. Especially noticeable on Drakes.

Griffons do this a lot.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bicyclops#3731 bicyclops Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 20 Cryptic Developer

No, but all my Dragonborn are of the heaviest build. If someone is watching the cutscene touching the barrier will teleport you back to the dias. @jaegernl seems to think it is a hit box issue. If noone is watching a cutscene, no teleportation occurs and you can touch the barrier just fine to enter the next phase.

I didn't test with the *heaviest* build, so maybe that's the rub. I'll take a look tomorrow!
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017

Demogorgon Trial.
    Dragonborn who touch the barrier before everyone has seen/cancelled the cutscene are teleported back to dias, probably a hit box issue.

Having trouble reproducing this one. Any screengrabs of where you're positioned along the barrier would be helpful!

Ooh... So being Dragonborn was the issue... This totally happens... @bicyclops#3731, it doesn't happen before 1st phase starts, only after the first phase ends.

The build shouldn't matter imo.
    FrozenFire
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

No, but all my Dragonborn are of the heaviest build. If someone is watching the cutscene touching the barrier will teleport you back to the dias. @jaegernl seems to think it is a hit box issue. If noone is watching a cutscene, no teleportation occurs and you can touch the barrier just fine to enter the next phase.

I didn't test with the *heaviest* build, so maybe that's the rub. I'll take a look tomorrow!
    I have the issue as dragonborn as well, but mine isn't the heaviest build. I did make it fairly bulky, but I used the medium preset.
    Read what I said? :p@bicyclops#3731 probably tested only in phase 1...
    FrozenFire
    Carpet of Flying:-

There are frequent dropping of pillion rider (probably concerned with speed or collisions).
    Wobbles on uneven terrain.
    Rubberbands.
    The mount feels laboured in its movement and jumps.
    FrozenFire
  • krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    BUG: TR Smoke Bomb seems to be immune to Elven Battle enchantment, while this enchantment should work against this CC power as well.
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

@rgutscheradev a few pages ago it was mentioned you would be looking into aura of courage and as of yet we have not had an update on this. It would be great to know if anything has/will be changed.

I'm not sure which post you mean... can you quote it? I haven't been doing anything with Aura of Courage recently.

Edit: you might be referring to an Oct. 18 post by @sgrantdev?
    The Aura of Courage issue is two-fold:

1. Whilst the Paladin benefits from all 4 points in this power, other people around them only benefit from the first point.
    2. The benefit to team members is based on their HP, not the Paladin's. This means that different players receive a different amount of buff based on their HP stat rather than the same for everyone, based on the HP of the Paladin.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    edeu008 said:

Bug: Duration of the speed bonus from HR's Forest Ghost is shortened when equipped with Elven enchant.

BUG HR 's Pathfinders action is also shortened from Elven Battle enchantment as well while equipped and shouldn't be so as its not a CC, but a class power.
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    krondhor said:

BUG: TR Smoke Bomb seems to be immune to Elven Battle enchantment, while this enchantment should work against this CC power as well.

That is not a bug XD. Its due to smoke bomb's mechanics.

Most CC powers have a base duration of X number of seconds. This base number can be increased or decreased by control bonus/control resist. The CCs of these powers also stick to their target and continue working even after their host power has ended.

Smoke bomb works differently, its daze and slow have an infinite base duration for as long as you remain within the radius. These CC effects end when either the radius disappears or you step out of the radius. This mechanic means the duration of SB's CCs cannot be increased or decreased by control bonus/control resist of any kind.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

My Dragonborns are also not heavy builds and they get this bug, so its not that

To reproduce, you'd have to be waiting on someone to finish watching the cutscene after you escaped out of it, and then walk, run or hop over to the barrier at any point across it

There may have to be other players lined up there as well, but the bug will teleport you back into the circle over and over
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    When i attempt to mail proffession items some of them show they are in use like they are proffession assets. They are greyed out and have the gold symbol in lower right corner but are ingredients. It makes it impossible to see what ingredient it is and how many you have without selecting them individually.

Edit - when collecting completed proffession tasks, it sometimes shows completion rewards for recently viewed profession tasks. Although you receive the correct reward to your inventory.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    > @sirjimbofrancis said:
    > <font color=red> Trans Barkshield's graphics look like bits of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> flying around our characters instead of something really cool, like I'm sure was intended. :) </ font>

I agree they dont look cool at all. However, how does one show bark and make it cool looking? Lol, i mean it is just bark after all. Not many options for color or appearance. Maybe name it something else and change the graphics leaving the stats/effects as they are?

Edit- maybe shape the floating bark pieces like shields? Might help a lil.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    > @etelgrin said:
    > > @sirjimbofrancis said:
    >
    > > Trans Barkshield's graphics look like bits of HAMSTER flying around our characters instead of something really cool, like I'm sure was intended. :)
    >
    >
    >
    > I agree they dont look cool at all. However, how does one show bark and make it cool looking? Lol, i mean it is just bark after all. Not many options for color or appearance. Maybe name it something else and change the graphics leaving the stats/effects as they are?
    >
    >
    >
    > Edit- maybe shape the floating bark pieces like shields? Might help a lil.
    >
    > Jesus why wasting resources on something so much insignificant like this...

Hey! It may be insignificant to you, but a TRs good looks is one of the few things we have going for us these days.

#maketrsgreatagain
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Demogorgon Trial.
    Dragonborn who touch the barrier before everyone has seen/cancelled the cutscene are teleported back to dias, probably a hit box issue.

Having trouble reproducing this one. Any screengrabs of where you're positioned along the barrier would be helpful!

Actually it is also worth noting that it isn't related to the barrier. This bug happens no matter where you walk. You can walk back to the entrance and it still happens. It seems as though movement is invalid, and the server keeps moving you back to the dias because you were only moving client side in the first place. It seems to be on a timer, not on any specific walk locations.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    > @bratleyray said:
    > > @sirjimbofrancis said:
    > > <font color=red> Trans Barkshield's graphics look like bits of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> flying around our characters instead of something really cool, like I'm sure was intended. :) </ font>
    >
    > I agree they dont look cool at all. However, how does one show bark and make it cool looking? Lol, i mean it is just bark after all. Not many options for color or appearance. Maybe name it something else and change the graphics leaving the stats/effects as they are?
    >
    > Edit- maybe shape the floating bark pieces like shields? Might help a lil.

At the risk of making my post more serious than it deserves, I was thinking something morenalong the lines of the loamweave enchantment (I think that's what it was called), with just vines and things on your skin like a tattoo or something?

There are bigger bugs to address and, this one could be addressed by allowing us to simply disable armor enchant visuals as an easy(er) fix.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    The drop rate for marks in To9g seems bugged. You can go over 50 runs and not see one even with the same group of 5 running.

You already made a random queue system because you didn't want us running EToS all the time. But you are okay with us running nothing but To9G the rest of our lives to recoup the loss in stats from the bonding nerf?

I'm not saying this to be rude. Just telling it like it is and trying to understand the logic and or point out a bug in the drop rate.
  • mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    > @sirjimbofrancis said:
    > > @bratleyray said:
    > > > @sirjimbofrancis said:
    > > > <font color=red> Trans Barkshield's graphics look like bits of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> flying around our characters instead of something really cool, like I'm sure was intended. :) </ font>
    > >
    > > I agree they dont look cool at all. However, how does one show bark and make it cool looking? Lol, i mean it is just bark after all. Not many options for color or appearance. Maybe name it something else and change the graphics leaving the stats/effects as they are?
    > >
    > > Edit- maybe shape the floating bark pieces like shields? Might help a lil.
    >
    > At the risk of making my post more serious than it deserves, I was thinking something morenalong the lines of the loamweave enchantment (I think that's what it was called), with just vines and things on your skin like a tattoo or something?
    >
    > There are bigger bugs to address and, this one could be addressed by allowing us to simply disable armor enchant visuals as an easy(er) fix.
    >

Yes please find a way to disable visuals. Some people may want to be dripping in blood, look like a snowflake or have dung flying around them. I like others take pride in picking the best looking gear with the right dyes only to have it covered up by something that doesn't fit the look we worked for.

I would rather deal with my dragon born leaping back to platform waiting for the cutscene in demo as long as I can look good doing it.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    This might not be a bug, but it is annoying.

At first boss in TONG, after you kill the boss, the mechanics for the boss encounters continue.
    For example, the death balls will remain spawned or will spawn after the boss is dead. Zombies can continue to spawn, also.
    However, the curses that one takes to help defeat the boss instantly end. So, this means that if the death balls have spawned, no one can interact with them without dying. And, you cannot pick up any boss loot if you are chained to one. So, having a ball after the boss is guaranteed death. And, this wipes out any potions or food buffs that do not endure through death.

Please fix or change.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• lurch#1403 lurch Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Can we get some kind of ETA for when identify scrolls will be fixed? Or if they are being fixed at all?
    It sure seems like this issue is being ignored.
    This is a major problem for new and leveling players
    Or maybe its intended that a low level player can not identify gear drops with the scrolls they are being given AT THAT LEVEL (as well as all of the at-level mob identify scroll drops) in their starter boxes?
  • bicyclops#3731 bicyclops Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 20 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2017

Read what I said? :p@bicyclops#3731 probably tested only in phase 1...

Yeah, I've been completing phase 1 and testing during the cutscene.

Actually it is also worth noting that it isn't related to the barrier. This bug happens no matter where you walk. You can walk back to the entrance and it still happens. It seems as though movement is invalid, and the server keeps moving you back to the dias because you were only moving client side in the first place. It seems to be on a timer, not on any specific walk locations.

This is pretty helpful, though based on the implementation, it's still strange to me that it's Dragonborn specific. I'm going to get engineering to take a look and move onto Elemental Evil Heroics.

• xxdrellaxxxxdrellaxx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    BUG: The companions - Minstrel, Cold Iron Warrior & Priestess of Sehanine Moonbow, do NOT mark off in the collections. And yes I have the right color/lvl that matches what it says is supposed to be collected.

BUG: The new updated makes it so we can't turn blue gears in for refinement points. I hope this is a bug and NOT planed as we were able to put blue gears into items for upgrading before.

I LOVE collecting things, so Plz fix these.
    edited October 2017
    etelgrin said:

If you allow the disable visual enchantments, I hope it only is for the one that wants them to have disabled. Because I want to know If I fight a person in Barkshield, Elven Battle, Negation or in Shadowclad for example.

Couldn't you just open their character sheet for that? You can't see their other build info without opening their sheet after all.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited October 2017

Trans Barkshield's graphics look like bits of HAMSTER flying around our characters instead of something really cool, like I'm sure was intended. :)

@sirjimbofrancis, what a waste! Everyone knows that priority should only be given to the fuglyest of enchantments. Looking like you are surrounded by a personal floating moat of rotating cow patties is glamorous compared to bronzewood.

Bronzewood makes it so sparkly Christmas colored vomit of the fey cascades from your weapon at all times. CRYPTIC, PLEASE FIX THIS, ITS OF DIRE IMPORTANCE! THIS ENCHANTMENT HAS BEEN MURDERING OUR FOES (AND OUR EYEBALLS) WITH ACID BURNS AND CHRISTMAS CHEER FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG!!!
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
This discussion has been closed.