What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    BUG: +1 companion equipment can not be salvaged to RAD. When you try, the dialog for converting to refinement points appears.

BUG: Blue quality equipment can not be converted to refinement Points.

• Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    BUG: Crit Chance wrongly calculated.
    My HR has a critical strike value of 12720, the tooltip says it contributes to crit chance 31.8%. My HR has a WIS value of 23, which contributes according to the tooltip 13% to crit chance. Adding 31.8% and 13% makes 44.8% crit chance. However, my HR has only 43.8%, 1% is missing.

• Options
    dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Female characters wearing the Wedding Bottoms appear to have no lower half when mounted.

This seems to be related to something added on Tuesday as I haven't seen it before now.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Carpet of Flying Issues:

Bug:
    The legendary carpet of flying constantly drops its passengers. I have only seen it do this while the carpet is moving and it does this every few seconds on average. Both the legendary carpet of flying and the new legendary carpet of flying skin have this bug.

For all 3 carpet of flying versions, the flying animation is a little jittery. Its especially bad on uneven terrain.

For all 3 carpet of flying versions, their jump is very subtle and its hard to tell you have moved upwards at all. Thankfully, this doesn't appear to effect how well this mount clears obstacles.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

For all 3 carpet of flying versions, their jump is very subtle and its hard to tell you have moved upwards at all. Thankfully, this doesn't appear to effect how well this mount clears obstacles.

I kinda feel it does :/ I have much more trouble doing my idle time parkour on this mount than any other mount. It feels very weighted, heavy, and slow (opposite of what you'd expect of a magical carpet that flies).
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    edited October 2017

I kinda feel it does :/ I have much more trouble doing my idle time parkour on this mount than any other mount. It feels very weighted, heavy, and slow (opposite of what you'd expect of a magical carpet that flies).
    I flew around with it in PE for a while and tried jumping over some stuff. From my end, it seemed like the mount could still clear obstacles just as well as other mounts. Though jumping over stuff did keep psyching me out because I kept reacting like I was about to get snagged on stuff. Its definitely not a smooth ride at any rate.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    found a particularly unpleasant bug: the new Storming the castle quest reads you´ll get the rewards for "participating" in SH siege, but it doesn´t complete for the loosing team.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

BUG: Crit Chance wrongly calculated.
    My HR has a critical strike value of 12720, the tooltip says it contributes to crit chance 31.8%. My HR has a WIS value of 23, which contributes according to the tooltip 13% to crit chance. Adding 31.8% and 13% makes 44.8% crit chance. However, my HR has only 43.8%, 1% is missing.

Are you counting the campfire bonus of +1 to all attributes? Without that, you're crit chance will drop by the missing 1%
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    BUG: The last boss of normal Spellplague bugs if you kill it too quickly. Each stage can only take 20% damage, where the boss must go through its disappearing platform. But, the instance bugs if you kill too fast and must be abandoned.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    The Tiamat heads still don't show up if a player attacks a head moments before it should rise, disabling the whole instance from completion because it bugs and never shows up after that. Bump to this major issue!

Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
  • Options
    xzaycko#9922 xzaycko Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @xzaycko#9922 said:
    > Tr Shadow of demise: enemies hits stop stealth regeneration and stealth regeneration isn' t faster as it should be

really?no other TR noticed this BUG?i play on PS4
  • Options
    xzaycko#9922 xzaycko Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @xzaycko#9922 said:
    > Tr Shadow of demise: enemies hits stop stealth regeneration and stealth regeneration isn' t faster as it should be

• Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Blue quality equipment can not be refined, but a green artifact weapon will be eaten by the mass convert to RP tool.
  • Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited October 2017

SW:

- Gates of Hell no beneffiting properly from debuffs on target, at least from those of SW, given same conditions, effectiveness is lower than that of other powers such as TC.

- Blades of Vanquished Armies gets toggled off if you get stunned or dazed, this should not be happening as for mod 10 changes.

- TC broken in Chult vs T-rex and other CC immune enemies, it just doesn't work which means no splash damage whatsoever, waste of AP.

Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited October 2017

In Tomb of the nine gods, when Ras Nisi dies and drops from the platform, the party disbands and the chest appear, if a player falls too, they will not be able to interact with the chests.

Meaning that running that, finishing it, and no loot -> not happy dungeon delver -> I'm sure somewhere keyboards and screens died in rage for less.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User

BUG: The last boss of normal Spellplague bugs if you kill it too quickly. Each stage can only take 20% damage, where the boss must go through its disappearing platform. But, the instance bugs if you kill too fast and must be abandoned.

Try counting One Mississippi , Two Mississippi , Three Mississippi and then attack you should be at about the same attack speed as an SW then, and they never kill anything to fast.
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    My highest level character had been doing and enjoying random skirmishes since the patch.

I just reached level 70, and see that I am now locked out of random skirmishes until I get 10K item level because one of the skirmishes (Merchant Prince's Folly) requires it, and you can't queue unless you meet the requirements for all.

This seems harsh and kind of unreasonable. The skirmishes were level-scaling me anyway. If I could queue for a more limited list of skirmishes at level 69, why not at 70?
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    TONG: If you are invited into an instance after Wither has been attempted and failed, you end up inside the Wither boss room and need to use Defeat ME to to get back to party.
  • Options
    /killme still does not work
  • Options
    edited October 2017

> @xzaycko#9922 said:

@xzaycko#9922

Are you sure this is not a misunderstanding of SOD's mechanics on your part? I can retest it later if needed but here is some information on SOD and stealth that may clear some things up:

Stealth:
    There are 2 separate effects that your stealth bar is subject to. One is stealth regeneration and the other is stealth loss. Stealth regen is what causes your stealth bar to recharge and stealth loss occurs when you take damage. When your bar is recharging, and you take damage, 2 things normally happen:
    #1 your stealth bar stops regenerating for a few seconds and #2 your stealth regeneration progress jumps down.

Shadow of Demise:
    SOD only deals with stealth regen, not stealth loss.
    If SOD is working correctly, then your stealth bar should continue recharging even when you are getting hit, if it stops for any length of time, then you are right, its not working correctly.
    However, your stealth regen progress is still supposed to jump down when you get hit. This is because SOD does not effect stealth loss, only stealth regen.
    As for the 20% stealth recharge speed increase, I remember it working the last time I did testing on executioner but I did not test if it was exactly 20% or not. I remember it being very noticable so unless SOD's 20% regen has broken fairly recently, its probably still working.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    BUG (?): daily demonic ichor not working correctly

If i recall it correctly, this was working when Underdark came out, but... this year (can't say when exactly but it started to happen after some patch, thats for sure), i started to have probs getting daily 40 demonic ichors.

When I want to get daily reward I do that skir or Demo, etc., but many times I end getting no reward at all. If you reopen Underdark campaign window again, you'll get this:

This was WAI when Underdark mod came out and that reward was the same for the whole day.
    "Event Rewards" field also shows only "Up to" instead of list of places when you can get ichors and how much.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    bertrandx said:

The Tiamat heads still don't show up if a player attacks a head moments before it should rise, disabling the whole instance from completion because it bugs and never shows up after that. Bump to this major issue!

@bertrandx, this bug has been fixed but the bugfix may not have hit preview or live yet. Most of the bugfixes are scheduled to be released as part of module 13. Here is the dev post announcing this bug as fixed:

raw22 said:

While facing off against Tiamat if anyone attacks the black head before it fully rises it becomes invulnerable/glitches.

Also at times you will get the victory announcement for defeating Tiamat right when the timer approaches zero but then be unable to open the chest.

Finally not a bug but if I que into a Tiamat run that has already started I most likely won't have the chance to obtain a soul gem; can this be addressed?

Noticed that this one has been super high on many players' lists for a while. It looks like it was possible to reproduce on all heads but the black one was just the most common by far due to player strategy. I did a lot of digging and and the safest option was to make the Tiamat Dragon heads untargetable during the entirety of their spawning process (6 seconds or so). This seems to have done the trick!

@armadeonx, @raw22, @arcanjo86, @someonedies, @meirami, @trgluestickz, @darthtzarr, @jumpingmorks, @dupeks, @deathbeez, @matiagronx, @ironzerg79, @kreatyve, @rollingonit, @jaotut, @luks707, @tripsofthrymr, @ogum, @azcrack, @draconislupus, @ecrana, @lewel555, @raudonskiauterys, @trgluestickz, @chromedfish, @speedokillz, @mo3ta, @lewel555, @schweifer1982, @kattefjaes, @gooseisloose, @coolgeek357, @grrouper, @hipranger1, @blancopollo, @ryonas, @eldarth, @midnightita, @poisoncloud, @ddem0n888, @curygreenleaf69, @maialina, @nps8, @tazz4now, @draco16, @juggalotus42000, @bannannaman, @defiantone99, @lazaroth666, @obsiddia, @kallephi, @safespacecadet, @pitshade, @sorvikcorsair, @rjc9000, @vyltrana, @ankabird1, @shazza53

--
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited October 2017

... I'm a content designer...

@bicyclops#3731 so maybe you can answer my question here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12968081
    (my 2 last comments on that page, about Resist the Rituals and Secure the District. Linking directly to a comment is impossible here (should we report it as bug too? o:) ))
    While some said it's by design/WAI, and while i almost finished River on all my alts, i'd still like to see an official answer, please. I still think it should be fixed either way. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

/killme still does not work

@jumpingmorks

/killme was removed and replaced a while ago, the command I have below is the new one:

/gensendmessage Stuck_Defeatme activate

I personally like to bind mine to a key. It lets you click ok before it kills you so no need to worry about pressing your chosen key by mistake.

To bind any console command to a key, simply type the following into the chatbox and hit enter:
    /bind(put space here)type chosen key here(put space here)type command here
    As an example, here is the defeat me command bound to the F12 key:
    /bind F12 gensendmessage Stuck_Defeatme activate

If you need to unbind a key, simply type the following into the chatbox and hit enter:
    /unbind(put space here)type chosen key here
    As an example, to unbind the F12 key, you would type the following:
    /unbind F12
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Maze Engine quest display on the HUD prior to Swords of Chult release displayed information regarding the number of Tales od Adventure needed and the number possessed, allowing a player to track their campaign progress. After this patch, that imformation is no longer displayed, although the quest itself is unchanged.

This is an annoyance to anyone familiar with the campaign (finished character 11 today) but is confusing to the point of being game breaking for newer players.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1235798/underdark-interlude-biding-time
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    Salvage Popup:

The slavage popup no longer appears, with transparency I could always see how much I had salvaged, now I have to change inventory tabs, check total salvaged then change inventory tabs again to continue salvaging
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    One I'm sure has been reported before but I haven't seen a fix and I haven't seen a recent mention:

Stronghold boon building quests are on a 20 hour cooldown, they do not reset at the server global cooldown like EVERY OTHER QUEST IN THE GAME. Repro steps: Take Temple Tier 4 quest to retrieve "tomes of Mielikki" from Malabog's castle. Complete MC, collect the tomes in the boss room, return them to the Temple. Expected behaviour: Quest will be able to be taken again at the server global reset, 3am PST, 6am EST, noon-ish UTC. Actual behaviour: The quest goes on a 20 hour cooldown from the time you turn it in. The affects ALL stronghold boon quests from ALL stronghold buildings.

Related, It would be nice if Stronghold boon building quests could be interacted with from inside the stronghold itself, so you didn't have to run to each boon building to get the quests. A single NPC who could give/turn in all Stronghold building quests would be totes amazeballs.

Related, It would be nice if stronghold boon buildings with an eligible quest showed the "available quest" icon on the map.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Salvage Popup:

The slavage popup no longer appears, with transparency I could always see how much I had salvaged, now I have to change inventory tabs, check total salvaged then change inventory tabs again to continue salvaging

I've also noticed this: Since 12B, Raw AD correctly goes into my raw AD pile, but no longer appears as a popup in the bottom left of my screen the way it used to and the way picked up gold does. This means I don't see new raw AD pickups onscreen, and in particular I don't see the effects of the bonus AD from pray bonuses on new raw AD gains.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    THANKYOU, thankyou so much for giving us back the text cursor in text fields! =)
  • Options
    Fangbreaker Island:

Both Hati and Turtle reduce your stamina to zero, whereas Drufi when she calls that windblast power merely disables it, can we get the same functionality for Hati and Turtle pls? GF's are vulnerable before we can regain our stamina
This discussion has been closed.