test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• Options
    valnar#5458 valnar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    SW power. Dark Revelry. Not power sharing to all allies. Especially, but not exclusively, pets. Also not including all static power in buff. SH boon excluded, maybe some other boons too. I have a gap of 600 of unbuffed power which isn't being buffed
  • Options
    joenettlesjoenettles Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    einsieg said:

When affected by the fear aura attack of a Yuan-Ti Dancer or any other Yuan-Ti with this attack, it is possible for the GWF's Unstoppable to become locked in an unusuable state until logging to character selection or leaving the instance.

This happened to me last night on the live server while doing the Yuan-Ti hunt (don't remember name - snake guy) The mob respawned beside us and attacked while killing the hunt. Made a mess and locked up my unstoppable, and then I died... many times. Respawning at the fire didn't fix it, So I had to log out and in before it started working again.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Mounts sink into the ground and sometimes even tilt. Especially noticeable on Drakes.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

Guardian fighter mark (tab) overwrites all at wills apart from weaponmaster strike.

What I mean by this is that normally the tab ability is higher up the order of precedence so that if you press it will cease the current action and apply mark. This is not the case with WMS.

With weaponmaster strike you have to stop using the ability, wait for the animation to finish, then press tab, then repress wms, making it painful to use.

This problem is actually worse (for me at least) as you can chain encounters too, when lag starts to build there can be a good few seconds as you are chaining encounters before your character actually does what you want to do, the only short measure is to use to cancel the animations completely by raising shield just for an instant long enough for the game to register just to do what it is you actually what to do.

This is annoying for me as I have to micro manage seconds and that messes with my physical memory and my rotation order.

Oh and of course, this kind of micro management is seen as an exploit by some. For some people, animation cancelling is a poisonous subject it seems but they fail to realise it's their point of view that makes it so.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Noticed that this one has been super high on many players' lists for a while. It looks like it was possible to reproduce on all heads but the black one was just the most common by far due to player strategy. I did a lot of digging and and the safest option was to make the Tiamat Dragon heads untargetable during the entirety of their spawning process (6 seconds or so). This seems to have done the trick!

Awesome! A related issue happens towards the end of the phase.

If you kill the last head with less than 6 seconds on the clock, the death animation does not complete and you don't get the win correctly. One of two things will happen:
    1) The win will not be recorded and the Clerics phase will restart
    2) The win will be recorded and you'll receive the normal rewards for the win, but the chest will not be available

Which of the two happens depends, I think, on HOW close to 0:00 you make the kill. A kill at :01 or :02 seems to most often cause the first result, a kill at 5 or 6 seconds left most often seems to trigger the second one.

As long as you're digging in Tiamat's code, any chance that this is an easy fix?
  • Options

Guardian fighter mark (tab) overwrites all at wills apart from weaponmaster strike.

What I mean by this is that normally the tab ability is higher up the order of precedence so that if you press it will cease the current action and apply mark. This is not the case with WMS.

With weaponmaster strike you have to stop using the ability, wait for the animation to finish, then press tab, then repress wms, making it painful to use.

This problem is actually worse (for me at least) as you can chain encounters too, when lag starts to build there can be a good few seconds as you are chaining encounters before your character actually does what you want to do, the only short measure is to use to cancel the animations completely by raising shield just for an instant long enough for the game to register just to do what it is you actually what to do.

This is annoying for me as I have to micro manage seconds and that messes with my physical memory and my rotation order.

Oh and of course, this kind of micro management is seen as an exploit by some. For some people, animation cancelling is a poisonous subject it seems but they fail to realise it's their point of view that makes it so.
    I've always found it interesting in what would happen if Cryptic added to the GUI the key presses in the showdevui funtion or preferably something that was completely client side, I think it could show another side of lag itself. I remember fighting games on the PS1 (oh yea, am that old) with their complicated key combinations, would have this function to help you get your combos more accurate.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

I've always found it interesting in what would happen if Cryptic added to the GUI the key presses in the showdevui funtion or preferably something that was completely client side, I think it could show another side of lag itself. I remember fighting games on the PS1 (oh yea, am that old) with their complicated key combinations, would have this function to help you get your combos more accurate.
    EDIT: wow, no idea how I quoted myself in a seperate post, just woke up, so be glad when you wake up I don't work in a nuclear power plant!

EDIT EDIT: getting coffee, bye for now before I blow up the forum.
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    > @kleineryoda#3363 said:
    > The various 'Shattered' and other salvage/transmute/refinement items from Castle Never now claim to be worth more than they are.
    >
    > I had the same yesterday (they were stating their old value of 3000/6000), but this morning the blue ones stated 600, they are giving 600.

Trust the bottom right corner of the tooltip for Refinement Point values. The stuff in the description is wrong. We have a fix for that going out soon (like today or next week).
  • Options
    luvirini#8766 luvirini Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Many mobs can get stuck unreachable in places and break quests.

The two pirate quests in chult both have mobs jumping into the water at the ship stage and you cannot follow them as the water is deadly.

Quests with doors that require all mobs to be killed before opening break when some mob is pushed to some unseen ledge. Please change at least the doors in the temple of spider to just check that you are not in combat instead of having to kill some unseen enemy somewhere on lower level.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I shall try a different tactic .To all GF Tanks should you find yourself in a random and you do not have the time or care to run just turn on Knights Valor and in 3-2-1 you will have a free vote kick and you can go and run what you like. You are most welcome.
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

Here's what I'm trying to dig into for the rest of the week:

• Tiamat 6 second victory bug
    • Dread Ring guards abandoning posts
    • Demogorgon teleport bug
    Dread Ring or River District?

• Options
    rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer

Fixed.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    @rgutscheradev a few pages ago it was mentioned you would be looking into aura of courage and as of yet we have not had an update on this. It would be great to know if anything has/will be changed.
  • Options
    bicyclops#3731 bicyclops Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 20 Cryptic Developer

• Tiamat 6 second victory bug
    Dread Ring or River District?

The River District Guards are fixed.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    BUGG :The mainhand artifact power SHIELDING STRIKE for Paladin do not work. It neither gives shield to other at will or refresh every second hit on shielding strike.

Fix plz :)
  • Options
    rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2017

@rgutscheradev a few pages ago it was mentioned you would be looking into aura of courage and as of yet we have not had an update on this. It would be great to know if anything has/will be changed.

I'm not sure which post you mean... can you quote it? I haven't been doing anything with Aura of Courage recently.

Edit: you might be referring to an Oct. 18 post by @sgrantdev?
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    yes I am, sorry @rgutscheradev. Wrong dev, was going by memory and most of the changes I am interested in were posted about by you lol.
  • Options
    gwhryrgwhryr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    cant open chest in msp at the end
  • Options
    vaness12378vaness12378 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    hi, Currently got an issue on msp, like the other comment we can't get the rewards in the epic dungeon chest after defeat the last boss, also says unable to perfom interaction, here is a picture:
    https://imgur.com/a/oY25r
    Post edited by vaness12378 on
  • Options
    lurch#1403 lurch Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    When are identify scrolls getting fixed?
    Kind of hard to gear a leveling character when you can't identify anything, and greater identify scrolls cost way too much.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Demogorgon Trial.
    Dragonborn who touch the barrier before everyone has seen/cancelled the cutscene are teleported back to dias, probably a hit box issue.

Having trouble reproducing this one. Any screengrabs of where you're positioned along the barrier would be helpful!

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    BUG: Leftover drow spire in Chandler Family Farm map.
    The first chapter of the Dwarven King quest line is taken from Rothe Valley. On the west side of the map, one of the drow spires that they use to power the overhead web in Rothe is still in the Chandler Family Farm version of the map. It appears to be an oversight. The location is approximately (617, 1855).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    BUG: Dialogue discontinuity in first Dwarf King quest.
    When playing a Drow character, you get extra dialogue options in the first quest. The first time you talk to Pwent, you get a dialogue option that reads, "(Drow) 'Stinking' Dark Elves? Excuse me?" However, Pwent never refers to dark elves as "stinking"... he only says "You defeated them dark elves?" when referencing them.

After selecting a dialogue option you get another Drow-specific one: "(Drow) I'll return to Captain Belgold, but we'll talk again about 'stinking' Dark Elves." Once again, Pwent never referred to them as "stinking".

It's a nitpick, I know :smile:
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    icexnineicexnine Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Another CW bug: When using steal time on spell mastery, if i have my trans elven equipped, then i don't get the speed bonus. Not sure if it's the elven specifically, but when i remove my elven, steal time on mastery works as expected.

Here's a video of what i mean: http://xboxclips.com/Deceiver/5854e71b-93b1-4254-9dc7-fe824425f4db
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    BUGG: Jagged blade are unaffected by the SOUL SIGHT CRYSTAL buff. I alse tested Daily Crescendo x10 with no buff to damage, is it wrong with the dummies or are that also a bugg??
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Fixed! Success is now triggered by health depletion of Tiamat's heads.

I love you. I can't think of any more dungeon-timer-related problems but if I do I definitely know which dev to ping.

Thank you, seriously, these queue fixes have been problems for LITERALLY YEARS and it's amazing to see them fixed.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

• Tiamat 6 delay animation death bug
    If I'm being super optimistic:
    • Reclamation Rock Traveling Merchants not cleaning up
    • Drowned Shore heroic issues
    • River District heroic issues

Bugs in EE HEs
    Something frequently goes wrong with Protect the Merchants in Reclamation Rock and it either fails to end or clean up properly. I'm sketchy on the details of this one.

With Aquatic Elf Abduction in Drowned Shore, the elves spawn late, which means players who arrive when the encounter spawns kill the mobs and then are left bewildered as there are no elves to free (for the next 5-10 minutes, at least).

The heroic encounter to protect the merchants does not remove the merchants from the map on completion of the heroic encounter.

Observed Result:
    The merchants Stafford and Elarion still remain active in the map after the heroic encounter has been completed

Expected Result:
    The merchants should be destroyed from the map and re-spawn when the heroic encounter begins again.

Fixed. Both of the Traveling Merchant HE's in Reclamation Rock will now clean up properly. "Thanks!" > *walk away* > *despawn*

@silverwolf, @bobgreenwade, @pitshade, @beckylunatic, @mordekai, @two30, @ilithyn, @dupeks, @dairyzeus
    Post edited by bicyclops#3731 on
  • Options

Demogorgon Trial.
    Dragonborn who touch the barrier before everyone has seen/cancelled the cutscene are teleported back to dias, probably a hit box issue.

Having trouble reproducing this one. Any screengrabs of where you're positioned along the barrier would be helpful!

No, but all my Dragonborn are of the heaviest build. If someone is watching the cutscene touching the barrier will teleport you back to the dias. @jaegernl seems to think it is a hit box issue. If noone is watching a cutscene, no teleportation occurs and you can touch the barrier just fine to enter the next phase.
This discussion has been closed.