test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• dreadvenemousdreadvenemous Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    1) Players have to type twice in guild and alliance chat - some other players won't see the message if it is only sent once.

2) PLEASE show the last login for a character in the guild roster - it will hugely simplify roster management in guilds.

3) Alliance construction discount is not applied in the Guild - Stronghold menu - you have to go to the Alliance tab to see the discount.
  • karamekoskaramekos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    Given the investment needed to get a companion to legendary (which is understandable), I also vote for time spent fixing multiple legendary companion stat bonuses, please. As others have stated, thank you to the management team for endorsing time spent in this manner and to the developers who take these issues to resolution. Thank you again.
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev @noworries#8859 @nitocris83 good day on gwf there is a feat called mighty blade that none of our encounter or at wills benefit from. its an easy fix please could you make encounters such as weapon master strike at will ,hidden dagger, grand fissure, not so fast,roar and mighty leap benefit from this feat, thanks for reading.​​
  • vaness12378vaness12378 Member Posts: 9 Arc User

theguiido said:

Question: @rgutscheradev Is this the only time you will be fixing bugs? Or do you plan on doing more in the future? It would be pretty nice to know October isn't the only time you plan on doing this, especially since there are SO MANY class specific bugs. Many of the class specific issues I really never see get fixed.

General Game Pet Peeves

I will edit this post more if more ideas come to mind.

There is no [Friend Log on Notify] for Xbox Players. PS4 and PC have this feature where you are able to see when a friend has logged on.

Garb of the Wild Noble fashion does not properly attach the mid section to the legs.

Shadow Demon in Open World PvP.

https://xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/ed21480f-dcd8-4d50-a292-f2251d84df0f

Guardian Fighter Bugs

Shield: When in Combat, Shield consistently goes up and down when the player is wanting to go into a defensive position and hold their shield up. It usually happens when an enemy player is about to use a daily, or a move like an encounter. It's been around for awhile and really hinders a GF survivability especially during those situations when you need your shield up the most.

Mark: Tab Primary Mark Focused Target's consistently lose there mark and sometimes you need to spam the Tab to keep it on. This is very annoying especially when trying to hold agro or trying to keep a Primary Focus Mark on an enemy player.

Strength Focus: How is the effectiveness of "Strength" increased? The video here clearly shows no ability score stats were increased, how exactly is it supposed to work because I have reports of people using it and then not using it and not really seeing a difference in damage or any attribute in Strength.

https://www.xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/59163b84-cb8c-49a1-b3ab-0f4c73158fca

Armor Specialization: Similar to above, how is the effectiveness of "Armor Class and Defense" increased? This video here shows no Armor Class was increased from before, and there was no increase in Damage Resistance in anyway.

https://www.xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/f8ae7dbf-e8b1-4ecf-bf83-2b0945906e56

Jagged Blades: Does not proc correctly. When using an Encounter or Daily sometimes Jagged Blades do not proc onto an enemy like it should.

Villain's Menace: Does not make you CC immune. This has been for a while. You are still able to be Prone, Knocked, Stunned, Dazed, Disabled, Rooted, Paralyzed, and Interrupted and also says (You cannot use this power). Also the Damage Resistance you gain while in the buff is not able to be seen as a stat. I know it is a buff, but for clarity reasons it should be a stat. The cast time is a huge issue as it takes very long to cast, and can easily be interrupted by CC. A QoL change would to change it so it also has a quicker cast time.

Indomitable Strength: Range issue: Uses the Players Action Points and does the animation, but the enemy is not Knocked or Prone, nor are they even hit with the move.

https://xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/6b3e8f30-0f18-4589-8430-f81c02c30b4b

Also @sgrantdev#8718 was looking into this issue, but I thought it would be worth it to also show you since this can also be a good opportunity for you to check it out and get it fixed.
    theguiido said:
    Yes, the Villain's Menace is on pc too, sometimes the cc inmunity is not being applied, also the shield bug is on pc, but is more related to lag.

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    - Cordon of Arrows doesn't work properly with Aspect of the Serpent (i.e. it doesn't provide a melee stack of AotS).
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    pterias said:

Journal Achievements:
    - Exploration->'Icespire Mountaineer': Never was able to be completed (already mentioned in 2nd post of 2nd page). Needs to be removed from the journal.

I don't know how a player who reported this achievement as broken way back in the day learned this information, but allegedly the achievement consists of hitting a number of waypoints, two of which are off the map (one can be reached via shenanigans, and the other not at all). The achievement could be fixed by relocating or removing those waypoints. There is no reason to remove it if it can be fixed. Removing features instead of repairing them properly is bad.*
    pterias said:

- Quests->'Polices Drunk Orcs': Never worked. I thought I read it was going to be removed long ago, but it's still in my journal, can't be completed. Needs to be removed from journal.

There were patch notes indicating intent to remove this achievement. But presumably it was intended to be completed by killing the fleeing drunk orc before it escapes, which can be done, so the achievement could be made functional, presumably. It's not as though we don't have many other achievements celebrating our homicidal impulses.

good day on gwf there is a feat called mighty blade that none of our encounter or at wills benefit from. its an easy fix please could you make encounters such as weapon master strike at will ,hidden dagger, grand fissure, not so fast,roar and mighty leap benefit from this feat, thanks for reading.​​

This isn't entirely accurate. My understanding is Mighty Blade applies to any power with an AoE described as "burst", but the tooltip suggests it should apply to anything that hits multiple targets, and does not.

-------------------------------------

*Neck equipment visuals while mounted. Please make these work again. Party line was that the patch note proudly declaring "cloaks will no longer show up as floating while mounted" did not actually mean "we gave up and just disabled these" and it's an unintended side effect, but we are proud of our appearances and we spend a LOT of time on our mounts. If it's unintended, please put in the time to correct it. I'd rather go back to seeing other people's cloaks float sometimes than not see mine ever.

Another patch note that never actually made it into reality is for all unused overload enchants of the same type to stack. Glyphs/black ice overloads still don't, and oh boy is that annoying.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Journal Achievements:
    - Exploration->'Icespire Mountaineer': Never was able to be completed (already mentioned in 2nd post of 2nd page). Needs to be removed from the journal.

I don't know how a player who reported this achievement as broken way back in the day learned this information, but allegedly the achievement consists of hitting a number of waypoints, two of which are off the map (one can be reached via shenanigans, and the other not at all). The achievement could be fixed by relocating or removing those waypoints. There is no reason to remove it if it can be fixed. Removing features instead of repairing them properly is bad.*

- Quests->'Polices Drunk Orcs': Never worked. I thought I read it was going to be removed long ago, but it's still in my journal, can't be completed. Needs to be removed from journal.

There were patch notes indicating intent to remove this achievement. But presumably it was intended to be completed by killing the fleeing drunk orc before it escapes, which can be done, so the achievement could be made functional, presumably. It's not as though we don't have many other achievements celebrating our homicidal impulses.

good day on gwf there is a feat called mighty blade that none of our encounter or at wills benefit from. its an easy fix please could you make encounters such as weapon master strike at will ,hidden dagger, grand fissure, not so fast,roar and mighty leap benefit from this feat, thanks for reading.

This isn't entirely accurate. My understanding is Mighty Blade applies to any power with an AoE described as "burst", but the tooltip suggests it should apply to anything that hits multiple targets, and does not.

*Neck equipment visuals while mounted. Please make these work again. Party line was that the patch note proudly declaring "cloaks will no longer show up as floating while mounted" did not actually mean "we gave up and just disabled these" and it's an unintended side effect, but we are proud of our appearances and we spend a LOT of time on our mounts. If it's unintended, please put in the time to correct it. I'd rather go back to seeing other people's cloaks float sometimes than not see mine ever.

Another patch note that never actually made it into reality is for all unused overload enchants of the same type to stack. Glyphs/black ice overloads still don't, and oh boy is that annoying.

so its a bug then tiger-14.giftiger-14.gif​​
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I know it's not much of a bug but it is a flaw.
    Please change the hunter rangers archery capstone from a debuff to a self vbuff. That will help the class build tremendously as it is so low in damage.
    Post edited by eliybeats on
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Tiefling tails disappear while on mounts.
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Also can you remove the lag at the start of forest ghost daily for hr.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Preview bonding maybe bugs.

Companion refreshes the bonding 3 times at start after 3 companion attacks.
    Also it refreshes after 27 seconds instead afer 30 ? The timer refreshes back to 00:30 when it reaches 00:03.

IF i remember well you said : 30 sec duration and 30 sec cooldown.
    So the correct should be:

1: Companion attack.
    2: The gift proc with 30 sec timer and at 00:00 companion attack should refresh it not earlier.

thanks.
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    In T9G, if you get the tunnel collapse trap where you have to carry the stones to the pile, it can bug out and not give you the final stone and you have to restart the entire instance again.. This may be related if someone disconnects while carrying the stone? I've only had this bug happen twice so I cant be more specific than this.. maybe someone else can elaborate?
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Auction house does not show the proper search result when used after login. I'm used to switch page to my listed items and back to work.

It's not a very infuriating thing, but those everyday waste times stacks up.
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    cant buy gear for other classes through the chultan riches equipment vendor, comes up with a blank page
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    all my older legendary dod rings are still character bound and not account bound......BUG
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Baphomet's Wall of Stone
    Even if you move clearly out of the red area (even with teleport for CWs or dodge for TRs), the wall hits you. It does not happen if you manage to teleport/dodge twice before Baphomet finishes his spell

Combo of TR's invisibility and dodge ability blocks encounters
    Enter invisibility, dodge towards an enemy. Right after the dodge roll hit an encounter (e.g. lashing blade). The encounter animation is shown, but no damage is done and the encounter does not go to cooldown.

"Breakdance" animation with mirage weapons
    I am not sure when this is triggered (some combo of Duelist's Flurry and encounter power) but at a rate of 50% my TR does not stop with the Duelist's Flurry animation even after the enemy is dead and decayed. Riding a mount does not stop the breakdance - when the TR dismounts, the breakdance continues. Dodging does stop it, however.

Spheres of Decay in CN
    The damage area is often not top layer of the floor, so it is not obvious when to teleport/dodge/block/... the sphere. Experienced players can guess, but in Orcus' lair too many have died already from guessing wrong. ;-)
    Post edited by therealprotex on
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    * Wanderer's Fortune notification popping when no item is actually received.
    * Fix item name "Wootz Steel Ignots", makes it hard to search for them in AH.
    * Chat tab problem - when you're typing something in the chat and a loading screen happens, the chat tab doesn't fade out and stays up obscuring the view. It stays that way until the next loading screen.
    * Some Chult items can't be crafted - https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234751/leagues-assault-josan-leatherworking-task
    * Enemies in Chult sometimes drop rank 4s which probably shouldn't be happening (I mostly get them from that one group of batiris in the north-west corner of batiri camp (behind the tents).
    * HR powers Forest Ghost, Plant Growth, Gushing Wound are very fiddly to activate during heavy combat. Sometimes the button must be pressed multiple times to get them to activate. This may be a lag problem though, I can't reproduce it with training dummies and it mostly happens when in a party.
    * TR power Lashing Blade should require target, too easy to accidentally spend it.
    * One of the Chult pirate patrols has a slight sound problem when you're getting on the boat at the end. The sound cuts in and out. Also companion doesn't follow the player on to the boat.
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Propably not a bug but annoying behaviour of flying companions like sprites.

The problem they get much easier lost then footed companions like drakes, lions, mercenaries.
    For example: Ambush drake and golden lion - I get on my mount and start moving, after a short duration the companion disappers. When I get off the mount, it shows up right beside me and we can start fighting, proc'ing the bondings.
    Well flying companions are a much different story, they try to fly after me for quite a while. That leads to the fact that in RD and in Chult the companion is "ALWAYS" on the other side of the map, a couple hundred feet away, The game AI tries to find the right way. Best case for me is, that the companion finds something to fight and dies. This is especially un-nerfing in chult.

Would it be possible that all the "flying" companions have the same logic applied as footed companions, you ride the mount for short time and it just "disappears" and then appear right beside me.

Funny is, the flying/floating archons do not behave like that.

Thx for looking into it.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Not sure if this is class specific but I noticed this with my Devoted Cleric. When gaining an extra Action Point from overflowed experience. After I have spent it on my current layout, and switched to the other loadout, I have to first click out of the Powers tab, then click back to Powers tab in order to see the proper encounters, dailies and class feature from another paragon tree. I only have 2 loadouts (each is a different paragon).

• preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    MSVA - Svardbard sometimes stops fighting and taking damage, sometimes can be remedied by all players re-logging
    Lostmauth flies off to begin the transition to the scene where everyone has to stand in the center and dodge falling death, but then he comes back, obscuring the view... seems to be happening more often
    Orcus does the same thing at times when we transition to the zombie escape phase... he's just standing there watching
  • lifesongxboxlifesongxbox Member Posts: 24 Arc User

AOE target help

At least for HRs some with AOEs the target help aims behind the target, alot.

Could you fix it so the AOEs drop on target when using AOE target help.

Thank you.

I very much agree on this one. Still allow it to be moved to a custom location, but by default, it should target under the current target. If not in PVP, items like Cordon of Arrows should NOT auto target things like friendlies, companions, or even your mailbox. Currently, it really slows down your attacks, causes a lot of missed attacks, and forces you to put the camera as high in the air as possible so you are looking down (at least when next to the enemy) to try and get your arrows under the right target.
    Xbox One - 14.1K HR
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    When you have Combustive Action slotted, Oppressive Force inflicts the debuff on yourself.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    einsieg said:

When you have Combustive Action slotted, Oppressive Force inflicts the debuff on yourself.

And with furious immolation and i think and with ice storm. general aoe dailies apply the combustive to the caster.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @w00trandomsnoobi said:
    * Chat tab problem - when you're typing something in the chat and a loading screen happens, the chat tab doesn't fade out and stays up obscuring the view. It stays that way until the next loading screen.

You can fix this by hitting Esc twice.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    eldeskal said:

Lastly a question: Is Icewind Dale domination PVP still broken? I haven't checked in at least a year.

Yes, it does still get stuck and then the instance will remain bugged until it closes. Sometimes this is until the next maintenance.

Enemies in Chult sometimes drop rank 4s which probably shouldn't be happening (I mostly get them from that one group of batiris in the north-west corner of batiri camp (behind the tents).

Minion type mobs of level 70+ can drop rank 4s instead of rank 5s. This is also true on preview, where they will drop a lower tier of gemstone (haven't memorized the names) than the usual Black Pearl. I think it's working as intended.

------------------------------------

In addition to companions getting stuck on that one patrol raft, some companion AI won't let them cross traps and other boundaries. The Vicious Dire Wolf is extremely trap-shy. It also won't cross the bridge to the first boss in Temple of the Spider, though you can deke to the right and resummon prior to combat. Noticed this with the Stalwart Lion as well, but various humanoid companions were happy to follow me.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Though not a "bug" ... but annoying and a hindrance....

SW
    Pillar of Power: Can we please get the visual effect to be less bright? Right now.. its so bright that if there is a AoE splat that targets on it... we can't see it to try and avoid damage.
    Some visual bugs with a timeframe of "since forever" (game debut or class debut). Trying to find threads with illustrations but these take literally no effort to replicate. You only have to look at any character with the appropriate attribute, as it applies to all of them.

Male GWF avatar, sword clips forward through leg. Despite there being some initial disagreement over whether it happened all the time or not, I think it's true of all races and body types. Female avatars are fine (swords hang down freely).
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/527790/gwf-severe-weapon-clipping

Female HR avatar, bow swings back at an impossible unsupported angle. Male avatars are fine (bow obeys gravity).
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/529105/petition-to-fix-female-hr-bow-problem

Layered hairstyle on any race or sex "smears" upwards when the character is mounted.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/518966/a-hairy-problem

I also found an old list I made. Some of the items I listed are not currently in the game, but if they are being restored per Robert's hopes, should be fixed.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/554071/consolidated-appearance-bug-thread

Neverwinter Census 2017

This discussion has been closed.