test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you want Strongholds to receive a 5th Boon Structure slot?

Comments

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    The best fun I have had in this game was when our guild had somerhing to build. Our SH was full of peeps running EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME because we had a common goal and since everyone logged in to help we had plenty of peeps to run the gambit of non SH content.
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    > @dancingshadower said:
    > WE need a fifth boon just give now. :D

Could not have said it better myself.
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Not at all, we're good with what we got.
    Its all about explorers or LS. 0 decision value, 0 planning value, just greed. Maybe its fun for people with many rich members but its not endgame people expect. Its dead end.
    Where are new dungeons, new classes, new races, new pvp modes, balance... Wanna add something new for SH to run? Guild skrimishes would be more profitable than running stupid HEs all the time. I dont believe people who say their guild members run every aspect of the game, it sounds casual/naive/idealistic. People want profit, dungeons with right rewards not msp with r5 from chest.
    200_s.gif
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!

Its all about explorers or LS. 0 decision value, 0 planning value, just greed. Maybe its fun for people with many rich members but its not endgame people expect. Its dead end.
    Where are new dungeons, new classes, new races, new pvp modes, balance... Wanna add something new for SH to run? Guild skrimishes would be more profitable than running stupid HEs all the time. I dont believe people who say their guild members run every aspect of the game, it sounds casual/naive/idealistic. People want profit, dungeons with right rewards not msp with r5 from chest.

Because adding another boon plot is clearly such a substantial amount of work that it's going to be a major factor in their inability to get any of what you're talking about done. /s

This is just a QoL change that would be one line in some random module's patch notes.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    Stronghold is not endgame devs should care about, thats all. Giving another plot structure means more of stupid grind (and my guild has GH20 and maxed boons). Do you really think it is fun to run endless HEs for influ? Even new event wont compensate time wasted on this HAMSTER. We got enough plots, huge power creep, alliance gives opportunity to use allies explorer boon, people hardly even dying without 8k LS. You want just add another grind like this game wasnt grindy enough yet.
    200_s.gif
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    YES! YES!! YES!!!

Stronghold is not endgame devs should care about, thats all. Giving another plot structure means more of stupid grind (and my guild has GH20 and maxed boons). Do you really think it is fun to run endless HEs for influ? Even new event wont compensate time wasted on this HAMSTER. We got enough plots, huge power creep, alliance gives opportunity to use allies explorer boon, people hardly even dying without 8k LS. You want just add another grind like this game wasnt grindy enough yet.

Your contention seems to be more about the overall nature of the game itself, then something as relatively simple (and pretty much a Quality of Life improvement) as this Poll Question...

Thus, it's would be up to the individual Guilds if they wanted to utilize a 5th Boon Plot and then up to their players if they wanted to grind it out. Either way, it seems that a strong majority (currently 70%) of the people who answered the Poll are in favor of it! :)
    va8Ru.gif
    edited April 2017
    Do you really think 70% on this forum present opinion of real 70% players in game? Polls says only about opinion of people who voted, not whole society. And of course title would bring more enthusiasts than people who vote NO, because people like additional things. Thing is those who voted yes are only few compared to total number of grinders. I can understand you like to have more goals to accomplish but is it what majority want? More grind? Majority does not even search this forums and you would gladly put more work on their back.
    200_s.gif
    YES! YES!! YES!!!

Do you really think 70% on this forum present opinion of real 70% players in game?

Is it a direct correlation?

Is it the best we have, currently, and do I think it's relevant enough for the Devs to pay attention to?

Polls says only about opinion of people who voted, not whole society.

I did say, "...it seems that a strong majority (currently 70%) of the people who answered the Poll are in favor of it!", thus making sure that was clear.

Thing is those who voted yes are only few compared to total number of grinders.

That's the same with any poll/vote, it's a sample size that an over all opinion could be extrapolated from. That's up to the Devs to do of course... ;)

I can understand you like to have more goals to accomplish but is it what majority want? More grind? Majority does not even search this forums and you would gladly put more work on their back.

Only if they choose to do so, it's their choice to play how they want... :smiley:

va8Ru.gif
    "Only if they choose to do so, it's their choice to play how they want..."

Choice is illusionary, like in telltale games. And you know that. Developing strongholds theme is waste of resources and player's time.
    200_s.gif
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    The LM set affected balance, more boon slots affect QOL choice. Slight difference.
    edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!

Choice is illusionary, like in telltale games.

Developing strongholds theme is waste of resources and player's time.

Please see the above .gif for a response to this also... :wink:
    Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
    edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!

...LS boon and HP boon at the same time, that is all.

You can't have the Lifesteal Boon and the HP Boon at the same time, as they are both Defensive Boons... Really, it just adds the option to use the HP Boon over the Defense/Lifesteal Boon, etc. :)
    Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    I do not understand how anyone can claim this is about elites wanting "MOAR POWA".

More CHOICE for dedicated hard grinding guildies is ALL this is about.

For those that do not know (if there are such peeps) you can only use ONE offensive and ONE defensive and ONE utility boon AT THE SAME TIME.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User

Really? There is this little thing called Loadouts, where you can use all of them on the same toon. You just have to hit a campfire. And, you know that is not what I meant. -.-

?
    ??
    ???
    Is there some kind of bug with loadouts that allows you to activate stronghold boons you are not supposed to? like 2 Defense or 2 Offense at the same time?

Right now you can change your Stronghold boons when you need to, even at combat, so I don't get the loadouts reference here.
    edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    Quite frankly the new loadouts feature AND new Masterworks levels should be reason enough to add an additional Boon plot. Loadouts will give us additional choices in trying new builds, yet those builds may be hampered by not having the optimal boon available to use. Masterworks is great to have, but it limits our choice in boons as it takes one of the available plots.

@defiantone99

Wha...wha..what?

I can change my SH boons right now at the campfire...are you playing instigator right now? What is the point of what you are stating....please enlighten us.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    niadan said:

Quite frankly the new loadouts feature AND new Masterworks levels should be reason enough to add an additional Boon plot. Loadouts will give us additional choices in trying new builds, yet those builds may be hampered by not having the optimal boon available to use. Masterworks is great to have, but it limits our choice in boons as it takes one of the available plots.

@defiantone99

Wha...wha..what?

I can change my SH boons right now at the campfire...are you playing instigator right now? What is the point of what you are stating....please enlighten us.

ok why you made the explorer boon instead of the hp if you like so much the hp?
    and 2nd Question why now this poll ? after "4 modules"...........................
    edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    Because our guild voted, and we built the explorer boon.

I am not a Mastercrafter, but I ground my little wiz touche off to help get it for those that were.

Now with alliance, loadouts, added masterwork, and a rank 20 maxed guild, we would like for ALL of our awesome guild members to have the CHOICE that they deserve.

Selfish I guess to want ALL of our members to have the INDIVIDUAL boon of their choice, but that is how our guild rolls. One for all and all for one....silly to some I am sure...especially those self proclaimed "ronins".

BTW I run LS and Power boons. If we had HP I would buy $$$ a loadout and use the HP boon and try a second build. Will I change guilds to a lvl 20 guild to get all the boons minus explorer since I do not need that boon...NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS.

Will I grind my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off to help others get what they need....everytime, everyday.
    edited April 2017
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    By using an LS boon, I do not need to build LS on my character. By using the Power boon, I can cap my crit more easily. Others may want to do something similar with an HP or Defense boon. That is what leads to build diversity. The Choice of SH boons aids in optimization of builds. Why is that a negative?
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    niadan said:

By using an LS boon, I do not need to build LS on my character. By using the Power boon, I can cap my crit more easily. Others may want to do something similar with an HP or Defense boon. That is what leads to build diversity. The Choice of SH boons aids in optimization of builds. Why is that a negative?

Your SH boons already give you more build optimization than everyone else in the entire game. So of course you should get more options while everyone else gets nothing.

#GH20_problems
  • devon#7350 devon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    > @niadan said:
    > By using an LS boon, I do not need to build LS on my character. By using the Power boon, I can cap my crit more easily. Others may want to do something similar with an HP or Defense boon. That is what leads to build diversity. The Choice of SH boons aids in optimization of builds. Why is that a negative?

No it's not. The real choice a guild has to make at 17 is this:

1. Go for 4 stat boons (power/ hp / ls+armpen /defense)
    2. Go for any of the 3 above and Explorers to make new gears and/or money.

So to put it simply since you don't seem to want to understand: One shouldn't have all stats AND money as options, regardless if you cant use them at same time. It doesn't take all that long to switch between them anyhow. As I said make a choice. Either money or "power". It should never be an option to have both.

Also I really like the fact that, this is one of the things that brings alliance guilds together. Guild with explorer boons will have easier time to get in good alliances since they bring that to the table and it makes people come "closer" and work together for a common goal within the alliance. It can go even so far as an entire alliance help a guild with items to build an explorer boon, for the alliance members.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    pterias said:

niadan said:

Your SH boons already give you more build optimization than everyone else in the entire game. So of course you should get more options while everyone else gets nothing.

#GH20_problems
    Everyone else who?

Also I really like the fact that, this is one of the things that brings alliance guilds together. Guild with explorer boons will have easier time to get in good alliances since they bring that to the table and it makes people come "closer" and work together for a common goal within the alliance. It can go even so far as an entire alliance help a guild with items to build an explorer boon, for the alliance members.

This is probably "In Practice" vs "In Theory". I know alliances without a single explorers boon guild in and others with several. It's not a significant criteria, there are considerably more important things to consider.

Regardless, it depends a lot how it's unlocked, this can help rank 15 guilds much more than SH20. At 18 you need to build the useless spare building, to get the count high enough to upgrade. If they can build the boon plot at this point they will reach 'final state' with one building less than current SH20. Which saves them a lot of wasted currency and effort.
    edited April 2017
    micky1p00 said:

This is probably "In Practice" vs "In Theory". I know alliances without a single explorers boon guild in and others with several. It's not a significant criteria, there are considerably more important things to consider.

Exactly my point. Now those alliances need to figure out what to do about that So more teamwork which I think is one of the desired goals for stronghold.
    micky1p00 said:

Regardless, it depends a lot how it's unlocked, this can help rank 15 guilds much more than SH20. At 18 you need to build the useless spare building, to get the count high enough to upgrade. If they can build the boon plot at this point they will reach 'final state' with one building less than current SH20. Which saves them a lot of wasted currency and effort.

They will bottleneck themselves in influence as they will now need to build a extra influence based structure from zero so its pretty much the same if not worse. Specially the last ranks ask for so much influence that adding a 1,300,000 more influence will probably slow a guild down even more (plus the other items). After all with some planning they can have buildings that don't ask for same items as the buildings they level and therefore upgrade in a relatively fast pace and harmony.

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

micky1p00 said:

1st, exactly my point. Now those alliances need to figure out what to do about that :)

2nd, they will bottleneck themselves in influence as they will now need to build a extra influence based structure from zero so its pretty much the same if not worse. Specially the last ranks ask for so much influence that adding a 1,300,000 more influence will probably slow a guild down even more (plus the other items). After all with some planning they can have buildings that don't ask for same items as the buildings they level and therefore upgrade in a relatively fast pace and harmony.

They don't need to do anything.. You think suddenly guilds will get kicked from an alliance for a boon choice?

I believe all the guilds that are not 18+ now will choose to make a boon plot and not a useless building, influence as much as a bottleneck it is, is not the only limit on smaller guilds. Campaign currency, gems, etc... do not come at-will. There is no fast pace and harmony.
    edited April 2017
    I never said anything about kicking I just said they need to make a plan which is one of the reasons to join an alliance, so I m not sure why you said that.

I do think that an alliance will prefer a guild with explorer over a guild without if they have no guilds with explorer in their alliance, or come up with some plan on how to access the explorer boon that is missing. Creating a dummy guild just to have explorers with the collaboration of all guilds for example.

My point was about that... teamwork.
    YES! YES!! YES!!!
    Having to create "dummy guilds" is just...well dumb.
  • elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

1st, exactly my point. Now those alliances need to figure out what to do about that :)

2nd, they will bottleneck themselves in influence as they will now need to build a extra influence based structure from zero so its pretty much the same if not worse. Specially the last ranks ask for so much influence that adding a 1,300,000 more influence will probably slow a guild down even more (plus the other items). After all with some planning they can have buildings that don't ask for same items as the buildings they level and therefore upgrade in a relatively fast pace and harmony.

They don't need to do anything.. You think suddenly guilds will get kicked from an alliance for a boon choice?

I believe all the guilds that are not 18+ now will choose to make a boon plot and not a useless building, influence as much as a bottleneck it is, is not the only limit on smaller guilds. Campaign currency, gems, etc... do not come at-will. There is no fast pace and harmony.
    We have all seen guilds kicked from an alliance for even stupider reasons than this. There are absolutely alliances that will make the "wrong" choice an excuse.