What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Offcial Feedback Thread: changes to Item Level system

Comments

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Utility slots giving points is kind-of irrelevant. Just ignore that issue - it's not a big deal.

The big deal is bonding runestones on summoned pets not giving anything close to what they should do. They make a huge difference and their IL contribution needs to be boosted somehow

Although I agree, I don't think it's as big of an issue as people are making it out to be. In my opinion, it's OK if ilvl is only kind-of accurate in measuring power, it doesn't need to take into account all of the nuances experienced players understand.

To be frank, I think that developer time would be better spent on addressing bugs, bringing more QoL features into the game, expanding new/existing features (especially loadouts to include enchants, mounts, companions, and arti powers), and developing new content.

The system as proposed is a dramatic improvement over what we have now, and will be good enough for the purpose it needs to serve (ilvl gating for fresh lvl 70s).
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Amen @adinosii .... Amen
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I just skimmed through most of this thread, can't say I've seen anyone point this out yet though. This kind of feels like a measure against players who rushed an alt to 70 while skipping content, from transferring their Rank 10+ enchants to the fresh 70 in order to start running dungeons with friends. This seems like it would force players to purchase campaigns from the zen market in order to be able to meet ilevel requirements for dungeons. As an example, I have an OP at 66 and plan to hit 70 next weekend during double XP. I have Dragonflight, Twisted Weapon set, Jarls Gaze, the mantel derith shirt and pants, the Life silk spinneret,+5 Underdark rings (which is the reason I even made a tank as I have so many +5 defensive stat rings I can't use on my GWF) waiting for him to hit 70. I do plan on grinding the campaigns eventually, however after grinding to 70 and finding that I still can't join my friends in my new 70 until I either purchase campaign completions from the zen store or return to grinding away at campaigns to meet the ilevel requirement to get into dungeons. It's not really a matter of stats, as I can transfer my R12 bondings to my alt, and gear him out with R7 enchants thanks to the trade bar store. I know the class very well, and I can run this support class to fill the void when my friends need a tank on the fly, but because I don't have my companions leveled up, mounts, insignias, boons ect. I'll be barred from content I would have been able to run under the old system.

Just a thought. This might not effect me as the ilevel from the gear I described may be enough to get me in, but for other players who did not prepare their new 70 with gear ready to go might find that the grind to join their friends isn't over. It's now spend money or keep grinding campaigns that are often time gated. Something to think about.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Nick, you could have been working on Sharandar while levelling. I got 4 Shar boons on my latest alt while levelling him from 64 to 70, and he could get the final one with a reservoir run today, having hit 70 on Thursday or Friday. You can even technically buy the first 2 Shar boons by trading in bounty items, if you've allowed those to pile up at all.

You can start ToD at level 26. I've got the first 5 ToD boons on the same alt, as well as another that's only 58. This doesn't represent a large time sink as much of it was earned by making sure I killed one lowbie dragon per week even if I did absolutely nothing else. But before 60, Common Cause takes maybe 10 minutes per day since you don't need to wait for a dragon if it's not convenient.

I suppose it does mean that if you've powerlevelled a character and not gradually worked on stuff, you're not in the same position as a player who has put in that time, and you're left with the alternative to buy your way past it or stop and do the work. I don't think this is unfair. As has been mentioned, in many cases, characters barely scraping by for access to queued content are not actually strong enough to be effective in that content, and the system can't really account for some of those characters being controlled by exceptional players.

It also assumes the player doesn't have an assortment of account-unlocked mounts to draw on, as if you do, filling these out with cheap insignias just to get some bonuses functioning is nothing (effectively free if you bothered looting nodes in your travels). I'd also say that while companions that help with DPS tend to be costly, epic companions with bonuses that help with survivability are fairly inexpensive and probably worth looking into for the fresh 70... things like Medic, Angel, Lillend, for example. Energon for a tank is almost a must, and doesn't need to be upgraded.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev

All good. I would suggest adding a temporary (buffed) item level number that includes temporary pots, such as IL 12,000 (14,000) for example. Since a player can stack buffs equivalent to up to 38 extra hybrid Rank 12 enchantments worth of stat. Huge.

http://i.imgur.com/VdpD8lM.png

Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options

Nick, you could have been working on Sharandar while levelling. I got 4 Shar boons on my latest alt while levelling him from 64 to 70, and he could get the final one with a reservoir run today, having hit 70 on Thursday or Friday. You can even technically buy the first 2 Shar boons by trading in bounty items, if you've allowed those to pile up at all.

You can start ToD at level 26. I've got the first 5 ToD boons on the same alt, as well as another that's only 58. This doesn't represent a large time sink as much of it was earned by making sure I killed one lowbie dragon per week even if I did absolutely nothing else. But before 60, Common Cause takes maybe 10 minutes per day since you don't need to wait for a dragon if it's not convenient.

I suppose it does mean that if you've powerlevelled a character and not gradually worked on stuff, you're not in the same position as a player who has put in that time, and you're left with the alternative to buy your way past it or stop and do the work. I don't think this is unfair. As has been mentioned, in many cases, characters barely scraping by for access to queued content are not actually strong enough to be effective in that content, and the system can't really account for some of those characters being controlled by exceptional players.

It also assumes the player doesn't have an assortment of account-unlocked mounts to draw on, as if you do, filling these out with cheap insignias just to get some bonuses functioning is nothing (effectively free if you bothered looting nodes in your travels). I'd also say that while companions that help with DPS tend to be costly, epic companions with bonuses that help with survivability are fairly inexpensive and probably worth looking into for the fresh 70... things like Medic, Angel, Lillend, for example. Energon for a tank is almost a must, and doesn't need to be upgraded.

I've got a few alts I've managed to level up just through the invoking system. Took me quite a while to do. I have a few level 70 characters that I played through all the content with, some sitting at 4K. A friend mentioned to me I should be invoking everyday on my alts even if I don't play them. Having noticed that my OP was now in the 60s and double xp coming up I wanted to finish the last few levels and gear him up. I'm sitting on so many companions and artifacts and gear that I thought I could probably hit 2700-3000 ilevel soon as it hits 70, I'll go back and actually get the boons later. We could always use an extra tank in our group when doing salvage runs allowing others to switch to a dps. I know of a very good OP build I helped create after the OP nerf/changes last mod. I'm not worried about the grind really, if I really enjoy playing an alt I put the time in. It would be a shame though if I hit 70 and a new ilevel system kept me barred from dungeons because I lack the campaign boons. It is what it is though. No big deal.
  • Options
    This latest TR of mine levelled to 60 through passive XP gain (only 1 daily invoke plus Leadership XP) and however much ToD I felt like doing. I got him to 64 on the 2xXP before the upcoming one by starting EE, plus Wayfarer boosters from Vanguard Pack codes, but haven't touched it since. The EE intro quests were good for about a level apiece.

He's around 2k with Drow/Dusk gear and rank 7s. I should probably copy him over and see where he sits on the new curve.

I'd say if you think you want an infrequently touched alt to be a bit more viable, make sure you get that weekly dragon even if they never leave PE for anything else. ToD boons are cake. You don't even technically need to unlock the entire campaign, though I'd recommend doing so eventually for the Portal instance.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    I have to agree with many others.

In what way does legendary companions make a player stronger? Sure the summoned gives 15% more stats, but having additional four legendary companions gives you nothing, so why should you get increased Itemlevel?

I actually think that the problem with this is more about the legendary rank on the companions rather than the new IL points for them. Upgrading passive companions should give something.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Hello everyone!

* Bondings, utilities, etc: all very true in terms of actual power levels, but I think in the grand scheme of things it will be fine. The way it is now keeps it simple, and in practice a given person's enchantments and runestones are not wildly off from each other (or, if they are, it's in a way that's consistent across players, like most players investing more in offensive enchants than in utilities).

Bondings really need to get adjusted. The current itemlvl is not high enough. Someone with 3x bondings and someone with 3x other R12 on companions, are two totally differente cases regarding damage, survivability. Roughly 200 ilvl for 3x R12 Bonnding isn't enough. A well geared companion with 3x R12 Bondings give up to 30k stats. 3 different R12 enchants with the same ilvl give 2.1k stats. Bondings are the most important enchantment in PvE.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    hastati96 said:

Hello everyone!

* Bondings, utilities, etc: all very true in terms of actual power levels, but I think in the grand scheme of things it will be fine. The way it is now keeps it simple, and in practice a given person's enchantments and runestones are not wildly off from each other (or, if they are, it's in a way that's consistent across players, like most players investing more in offensive enchants than in utilities).

Bondings really need to get adjusted. The current itemlvl is not high enough. Someone with 3x bondings and someone with 3x other R12 on companions, are two totally differente cases regarding damage, survivability. Roughly 200 ilvl for 3x R12 Bonnding isn't enough. A well geared companion with 3x R12 Bondings give up to 30k stats. 3 different R12 enchants with the same ilvl give 2.1k stats. Bondings are the most important enchantment in PvE.
    It complicates things quite a bit, just leave it be. You anyway can't know what a person's IL source is to figure out whether or not they're actually using bondings and the like. Just do what you do now if you want to play only with those who have bondings.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Yea, @rgutscheradev, please get rid of extra IL from additional legendary companions. That's the only thing I see that serves absolutely no purpose. If you must give them bonus IL, give a bonus upgrade to them, just like when upgrading from rare to epic.

Meh to giving IL to pots. All those ain't simple tasks and... just no :|
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @rgutscheradev you can write and rewrite all of that and you will not convince me bonding s IL is alright, I've taken a look into utility although it's not perfect it keeps it simple like you said it, insignias same thing, companions...i will wait for update. About a bonding s nerf i am not against it and i would like companions really being useful (apart from only some and all others being chosen simply to proc bonding's) but many players have manifested their discontent with a nerf to bonding's so i think that at least for now the IL withing the companion should be multiplied by the bonding's share % (The max IL a companion can have will be around 2000, while an augment will transmit it directly the stats 3 bonding's R12 will transmit 95*3 = 285%, the power within bonding's will affect companion abilities ).

About IL display, the inspect button shouldn't display the IL accounting guild boons IL because it will lead to filtered selection. People completely judge others by their IL, so players will be preferred with higher IL if that IL comes from guild.

About IL raise for queue, after the changes the chance of finalizing a dungeon should be quite increased for low requirement dungeons because players will seek the things they are missing, understanding them better and use them, about higher IL requirement dungeons i agree with a raise but that will represent a very bad problem, the lack of players queuing, i am talking of 2 hours long wait to get in FBI if i queue solo as a dps, so a raise in that requirement would make it even worse.

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I really don't understand why people want the devs to spend time building in a multiplier for bondings or some of the other complicated changes. I literally think that there must be feature requests / bug fixes that all of you should prefer over more dev time investment in the ilvl system.

I think it was especially silly that many of the people advocating some of the convoluted calculations have admitted to having ilvl well above the highest requirements. Why does it matter? Once you are above 3.2k ish, ilvl serves no real purpose. All of us know it's a poor indicator of player effectiveness, because it doesn't account for build / experience / skill / knowledge of mechanics. And no amount of convoluted calculation will change that.

@rgutscheradev thank you for the explanation. I think that the system is great with your proposed changes. Thanks for clarifying about companion ilvl values.

One last thing I forgot to check is whether you've squashed the following minor bug. This isn't completely irrelevant because this was one of the cheapest acct-unlock mounts for a long time, and it has solid insignia slots (gladiator's guile or Assassin's Covenant) so many players have and use it:
    BUG: Mount passive power "Fast Striding" (from Stormraider Clydesdale) doesn't contribute to ilvl

I'll re-test tonight if I have a moment.
  • Options
    Bondings represent 3700 IL over the 100% (this considering full r12 enchantments). Some player so far had R12's slotted in the character instead companion for IL raise reason, now that the IL will be based on both sides those players will much likely swap those bondings to the active companion since they wont be loosing IL, so we will see people running with 13k IL and a hidden 3700+ from bondings, that is 28% of IL hidden that will be complemented by companion specific abilities(heal/damage/debuff/aggro), utility slots was something like 410, making this system without addressing this issue will give a much worse representation of the IL, that i know cannot be perfect but 28% or even more as some people pass bondings/enchants over it's not a thing to just let pass.

• Options

Bondings represent 3700 IL over the 100% (this considering full r12 enchantments). Some player so far had R12's slotted in the character instead companion for IL raise reason, now that the IL will be based on both sides those players will much likely swap those bondings to the active companion since they wont be loosing IL, so we will see people running with 13k IL and a hidden 3700+ from bondings, that is 28% of IL hidden that will be complemented by companion specific abilities(heal/damage/debuff/aggro), utility slots was something like 410, making this system without addressing this issue will give a much worse representation of the IL, that i know cannot be perfect but 28% or even more as some people pass bondings/enchants over it's not a thing to just let pass.

What we mean is, it does not matter. IL ≠ Stats. You must gauge a player's actual performance based on how he is doing. IL is there just to make a quick initial assessment. And, I say what we have now on preview does a pretty decent job at that. And, don't penalise people by lowering their rating just cause they didn't wanna or couldn't afford by lowering their scores. I know quite a few who prefer augments in most cases and do a perfectly fine job.

And again, IL ≠ Stats.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    edited April 2017

What we mean is, it does not matter. IL ≠ Stats. You must gauge a player's actual performance based on how he is doing. IL is there just to make a quick initial assessment. And, I say what we have now on preview does a pretty decent job at that. And, don't penalise people by lowering their rating just cause they didn't wanna or couldn't afford by lowering their scores. I know quite a few who prefer augments in most cases and do a perfectly fine job.

And again, IL ≠ Stats.

Is it really? Go to preview, grab a piece of equipment, artifact, etc, divide the stats by the IL they award. Did you notice a high difference between twisted set/new weapons? Weapon damage the one of the most important things in the game not being taken in consideration?

And a player with 3 expensive bondings is not doing well? I mean cmon, they aren't properlly 2 silver from the seven suns coaster market. Yes, it's a pretty decent job for everything except this. If you mean doing well by real in dungeon performance, i suggested this before and i think it would be the best way to attribute a IL to a player -> trials, each time more and more dificult to test the player in his/hers specialty, now that would really make sure only competent people would run x or y content, and i am sure the best ones would carry bondings because with the difficulty increase they would eventually fail.

I think you are all disagree with me because you associated treesclimber+bondings opinion = trash so you react negatively no matter what, while the truth is stats are being taken a lot in consideration because they need to, not giving bondings the multiplier is the same thing as taking a player with only 1 artifact mythic, no rings, no pants or shirt but with bondings instead of a player with those but with an augment, would you pick the first over the second if both where put to your disposition but you didn't know the companion that player has?

• Options

I should probably copy him over and see where he sits on the new curve.

@nickjdowe I did copy this character to preview to check his adjusted item level, and it's at 6,929 (7,600 needed to queue for former 2k content). I'm actually missing a boon as there seems to be a copying bug removing a couple of days worth of progress, but areas for immediate improvement include that I could gain 120 plus enchant slots by getting Drow pants and shirt (have been using Inscribed). Weapons are Mulhorands, neck and waist are only green. Three purple artifacts and one green. Rings are junk and I have an open enchant slot in his belt. Refining some things would definitely bring it up some, probably to that borderline stage of, "I technically can queue, but unless my party has a relationship of trust with me, I really should not queue". I suspect a twink with better equipment and fewer boons will be in about the same place.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

And again, IL ≠ Stats.

Is it really? Go to preview, grab a piece of equipment, artifact, etc, divide the stats by the IL they award. Did you notice a high difference between twisted set/new weapons? Weapon damage the one of the most important things in the game not being taken in consideration?

And a player with 3 expensive bondings is not doing well? I mean cmon, they aren't properlly 2 silver from the seven suns coaster market. Yes, it's a pretty decent job for everything except this. If you mean doing well by real in dungeon performance, i suggested this before and i think it would be the best way to attribute a IL to a player -> trials, each time more and more dificult to test the player in his/hers specialty, now that would really make sure only competent people would run x or y content, and i am sure the best ones would carry bondings because with the difficulty increase they would eventually fail.

I think you are all disagree with me because you associated treesclimber+bondings opinion = trash so you react negatively no matter what, while the truth is stats are being taken a lot in consideration because they need to, not giving bondings the multiplier is the same thing as taking a player with only 1 artifact mythic, no rings, no pants or shirt but with bondings instead of a player with those but with an augment, would you pick the first over the second if both where put to your disposition but you didn't know the companion that player has?

You joined in after I was disagreeing. Never take stuff personally in forums. :|

How can you possibly know whether bondings are giving that IL or maybe insignia?

What if the player is PvP specced and has bondings and all? Will he still do well?

The stuff you're asking for is like having a separate character page saying that the person used bondings, uses these buffs and debuffs, has these insignia bonuses, companion bonuses, etc... And that's not how stuff's supposed to happen no matter how important those things are.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    @beckylunatic that's exactly what I was afraid of. Generally when I have a fresh 70, I have a few pieces of DF waiting for him. In this case I have some really solid gear ready to go. +5 rings, under dark shirt/pants, 2x DF gear, twisted weapons, enough artifacts to make a few legendary and so on. I'd like to get in there and run some dungeons right away once I hit 70, then go back and do some campaigns. I'll probably genies gift through a few. But I have this feeling like this scenario was put in place to catch people like me, who hit 70 and have the gear, to be forced to spend money to get the boons in order to run dungeons. Call it a speed bump. I'm not upset about it. I just don't see the need for a big ilevel change in game unless there was a money grab attached. Time spent developing this new system has to be justified by an increase in game revenue or what would be the point.. QoL? I'm not calling for a witch hunt, just an observation.
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    nickjdowe said:

@beckylunatic that's exactly what I was afraid of. Generally when I have a fresh 70, I have a few pieces of DF waiting for him. In this case I have some really solid gear ready to go. +5 rings, under dark shirt/pants, 2x DF gear, twisted weapons, enough artifacts to make a few legendary and so on. I'd like to get in there and run some dungeons right away once I hit 70, then go back and do some campaigns. I'll probably genies gift through a few. But I have this feeling like this scenario was put in place to catch people like me, who hit 70 and have the gear, to be forced to spend money to get the boons in order to run dungeons. Call it a speed bump. I'm not upset about it. I just don't see the need for a big ilevel change in game unless there was a money grab attached. Time spent developing this new system has to be justified by an increase in game revenue or what would be the point.. QoL? I'm not calling for a witch hunt, just an observation.

Nick have you tried the preview to see your new IL ? from what you said youre pretty whell equipped i would like to know you IL after the changes just to have a insight... (if youre already 70 i mean)

obs.: Im asking because i can't do it
    (i'm a bit weird and i dont like to skip content, to the point that i usually skip the 2xXP weekends wille leveling toons and don't join the guild before Lv 60 to avoid overpower the levels :s )
    but many of my guild mates may face the same challenge as you so would be nice to know
  • Options
    nickjdowe said:

that's exactly what I was afraid of. Generally when I have a fresh 70, I have a few pieces of DF waiting for him. In this case I have some really solid gear ready to go. +5 rings, under dark shirt/pants, 2x DF gear, twisted weapons, enough artifacts to make a few legendary and so on. I'd like to get in there and run some dungeons right away once I hit 70, then go back and do some campaigns. I'll probably genies gift through a few. But I have this feeling like this scenario was put in place to catch people like me, who hit 70 and have the gear, to be forced to spend money to get the boons in order to run dungeons. Call it a speed bump. I'm not upset about it. I just don't see the need for a big ilevel change in game unless there was a money grab attached. Time spent developing this new system has to be justified by an increase in game revenue or what would be the point.. QoL? I'm not calling for a witch hunt, just an observation.

QoL is the stated general idea. You're an outlier player, in the respect that you can take your fresh 70 into content they can just barely access and expect to succeed at it. Most people can't, and the game does currently have a problem whereby a pug group queueing for much of the content, assuming most of them are just making the requirements, is liable to have a miserable time and fail.

I also think that if you get that OP to 70 and equip all your stuff (including if you can 2xRP some items to stash in the bank until then), you are likely to find yourself at that borderline stage where you *can* get in. The better enchants you have available, and the more willing you are to throw on a couple of meh-ish epic companions just for the bump, the more likely you are to be able to run everything but the current 3k+ queues, and possibly EDemo. You have dual-slotted rings.

My TR is also missing his guild boons on preview (unimpressive though my available ones may be!). So you can add those in. It also just occurred to me that I had literally nothing at all equipped on his summoned companion, not so much as a Training runestone.

I think you're going to find yourself in better shape than you fear.

But, if all else fails, the first two boons in Sharandar and the entire chain of Dread Ring can be Genie's Gift-ed, and the quest instances to access them are brief. Non-Linu ToD likely can be bought out but with a fairly high cost attached (you need a lot of Lore pages). IWD can progress at decent pace by doing the daily reputation quests and using Gifts for the other items. I'd keep an eye on the calendar to see if they bring back some of the 2xCampaign Currency events they started running, as these are an enormous boost for powering through the old campaigns. I'd say we're due for them.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

And again, IL ≠ Stats.

You joined in after I was disagreeing. Never take stuff personally in forums. :|

How can you possibly know whether bondings are giving that IL or maybe insignia?

What if the player is PvP specced and has bondings and all? Will he still do well?

The stuff you're asking for is like having a separate character page saying that the person used bondings, uses these buffs and debuffs, has these insignia bonuses, companion bonuses, etc... And that's not how stuff's supposed to happen no matter how important those things are.
    Let me clear this out, what i am saying is give bondings the multiplier because they give much more stats than a augment companion or any other runestone.

And of course you can't know where the IL is coming from, but you dont need to, you just need to look directly to IL and compare it, because cryptic team made it such way, if you have a legendary mount you can expect it to influence you the same as 3 insignias + bonus, this is not accurate and can't ever be, but is the best.

PVE and pvp builds cannot be compared, that would be far, far too complex, there are builds better for this or that situation, sets, enchantments, what i am talking about is simple math: You have more stats, IL is mainly based on stats (and it is, you can't deny) so you get more IL, the end.

• Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User

@treesclimber

Let me clear this out, what i am saying is give bondings the multiplier because they give much more stats than a augment companion or any other runestone.

This is a reason for Bondings to be balanced somehow or giving other stuff (like augments) some kind of buff (and maybe extra iL).
    A single no brainer choice (aka bondings) = 0 build variety in a game.
    The current state of the game is: Get bondings, roflstomp content, rinse and repeat.
    It also means ppl who can't afford them get left out of content, which is also not healthy for the game.

Giving more iL to them will just inflate the problem even more.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @rgutscheradev can you please consider a review on weapon enchantments and armour? These are much superior to any other kind of enchantments and are given the same, IL, for example suposing the feytouched was WAI, it would be something around 16 to 18% more damage + weapon damage based damage, so around 5 to 7% and still the debuff on target, this is far, far superior to any regular enchantment and i think that a change would be really important.

• Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

All this talk of bonding, I've read threads that a lot of people do great damage with out them. Some just mix and match better than others.

You need to define "great damage". Compared to someone with 3x Bondings R12 I doubt it will be great damage and this is exactly the point. A player with 3x Bondings plays in a different dimension then someone who doesn't have Bondings and this is what ilvl should show imo. It should be an indicator of how "strong" a player is. Someone without Bondings will never be able to compare to someone with Bondings.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    According to posts way before, *roughly* - 3100 would be now +/- 10,600 like so 3200 would be +/- 10600.
    Are these numbers already count with campaigns' boons? Will they affect iL 2.0 ? (I hope that having 4 campaigns finished, and all dug into some point WILL make a difference.)
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    sulajpl said:

According to posts way before, *roughly* - 3100 would be now +/- 10,600 like so 3200 would be +/- 10600.
    Are these numbers already count with campaigns' boons? Will they affect iL 2.0 ? (I hope that having 4 campaigns finished, and all dug into some point WILL make a difference.)

I have a 3,250 item level toon on live, when transferred over to preview, he is about 11,500 item level (without any guild boons). The conversions in the table are only the requirement changes for dungeons based on the newly improved item level system. Your item level could be wildly different from the estimated value based on how much you have (or don't have) that is now counted into the system.

For example:
    I have a 2,100 toon on live that is 6,300 on preview. This is because he has no boons, no companions, and almost no insignias.
    I have a 2,000 toon on live that is 6,800 on preview. This is because he has several boons, no companion, but all green insignias

Note that all of these were without guild boons, which do give item level.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John