test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 11 Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170104a.1 (Updated 1/17)

Comments

• Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Svardborg should really get a new loot-table when this drops, so that it will still get some play.

The marks can still be a separate drop, but with massive improvements regarding other loot, it might make players run it for other reasons besides the marks?
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2017

@weaver936 You should take solace in the fact that you worked really hard to help people come together and overcome the challenges that module 10/10.5 created. You did good, and no one can ever take that away from you.

But you also have to realize that it's likely a very small majority of players that actually enjoyed how the content grind out, hence the change in direction for module 11. They can't keep making content aimed at the 1%, and expect to keep a healthy player-base.

Sorry you feel burned by the potential content being released in Module 11, but I can't help but personally feel like it's a big improvement to the game, and will likely bring a lot more people back into Neverwinter. Had we seen Module 11 be Module 10, part 2...that probably would've ended the careers of a lot of adventurers.

If they intend to introduce more "paint by number" content to the game they will continue to have a HATE FILLED Anti-Social Pug running community that treats other players in game like NPC companions with better gear.

If they intend to make these other weapons sets in Mod 11 easier to achieve.. then I hope that our investment to get the Relic Sets will be credited to our "Time Accounts" and we would get access to a choice of the new weapons like when they added the lostmauth vendor to the game to trade lostmauth for Valindra set.. etc. This is the MINIMUM level of respect tehy could show us for our investment in mod 10.

I'd be happy (for my own self) for an easy grind if there's a new weapon for that will be good for my DC (and maybe my HR, op healer and OP tank) and I could trade out my Relic for ones for my classes that already have relic to something more class benefitial.. but I will NOT spent ANY TIME grinding out a new weapon set for those toons that already have the Relic ones.... and if that causes me to under-perform as dps or GF tank.. that's the DEV'S fault.. not mine and I will take it as a personal insult and disrespect of the efforts I put into the game in the form of Money, Time, personal development, and the development of other's.

I have LONG history of fully committing to relationships with people in real life who just take me for granted and exploit me... I will not continue to do so in my gaming time... even if that would mean I'd have to abandon some people in this game I've become very attached to... likely.. out of loyalty to them and love for them I would feel led to prevent them from investing in that kind of abusive and exploitative relationship too. But, this all depends on the details :D.

If they give us paint by numbers content and paths of progression in Mod 11... this will only convince me.. and further convince others that kicking, screaming... pouting in the corner and refusing to participate will ALWAYS get you what you want... eventually.

Just think about this... some of the player base is growing up with THIS as their primary model of how to treat people and pursue advancement... if it's a small number that that's happening with.. then they will personally have a helluva time dealing with real life... if it's a LARGE potion of people that are learning such bad character traits... wow.. that could be a large part of why modern societies are starting to rot.

I've said this before... the Devs may just be looking at this as a business.. and yes.. it is... but.. it's ALSO relationships and relationships influence people in very deep ways. Fundamental/Foundational ways. What effect on the people in the game's community is this game having on them and their real lives? I think that should be discussed in a dev meeting at some point too... if nothing else.. as a part of a strategy session with the Community Manager, Julia. @nitocris83

I understand that getting NEW and Returning players is ESSENTIAL to the financial and social success of this game. But so is player RETENTION... and Relationships will Retain more players than Pixels.... I strongly believe that most of the leaving players from this game didn't have access to good relational guild/alliances or Custom Channels... and I've made it a primary focus to help change that. I understand that the Devs have to provide some of the sparklies and eye candy to let the more casual player base feel God-like from time to time... but PLEASE... don't cheat or disrespect the REAL hard core gamers in the process... especially if they are non-elitist and social types.. we need MORE of those in game ... not less.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    jhpnw said:

I commend the game designers for listening to the players and ending the relic gear with SOMI it was a needed thing. The rng has caused a lot of players to back out of playing the game. Recognizing the mistake and moving forward With new content with normal grinds for BIS gear is the right thing to do. Now to finish correcting the issue give a trade up same as did for LOS set equal weapon for equal weapon of relic for new gear Ie green for green orange for orange and so on. If this is done then every one will have no reason to hamster other than just the regulars who complain about every thing and we all know who they are. I can afford to put a little money in game every month but the millions needed to get enchanted loam and other items were past my budget especially just to get weapon to green. so by time got them to that point I cant even get a successful Msva run due to very few of the needed classes with high enough Ils are are even running it now.

You have 2 choices in this game for BiS gear.. basically... or maybe 3. 1. Pure RNG.. which makes the devs more money... 2... the kind of system in Mod 10 where EVERYONE can get a little piece of the pie.... or 3. A RNG/Seal system that you an either get a drop ... or do enough runs to get the gear like Etos is.... the problem with #3 is once you get the gear then there''s almost NO reason to go back to it.. at least that's the way it was before the Loot table changed... but even with the loot table change.. it's just a matter of time before those items that drop are over populated in the game economy and ah and they become really cheaply priced. Then, we all will have a problem getting the AD to get enchants and other items we need to progress in game again.

I swear.. most people think so very shallow and short term... these are most of the "players" you thank the devs for listening to.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I'm tired of running edemo/fbi/sva and not getting close to a +5 ring or HAMISTER marks! What devs do without even giving a counterpart with an "exchanger" is absurd and ridiculous because the game should be fun, but it is harmful in every way! Gaining time with brainless grind or just HAMISTER all with rng is overwhelming and only disband de player base. This game actually only benefits unemployed, teenagers who have nothing to do (aka "hardcore players") other than making the same content 1,000x per day or finally who has stomach for repetitive and stupid "work"! HAMISTER BRAINLESS AND DISGUSTING.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    An elitist is a person who believes themselves to be superior to others. Isn't that fascinating?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hquadros said:

I'm tired of running edemo/fbi/sva and not getting close to a +5 ring or HAMISTER marks! What devs do without even giving a counterpart with an "exchanger" is absurd and ridiculous because the game should be fun, but it is harmful in every way! Gaining time with brainless grind or just HAMISTER all with rng is overwhelming and only disband de player base. This game actually only benefits unemployed, teenagers who have nothing to do (aka "hardcore players") other than making the same content 1,000x per day or finally who has stomach for repetitive and stupid "work"! HAMISTER BRAINLESS AND DISGUSTING.

This is an MMO... not a first person shooter or Real Time Strategy game..... one the of the GREAT things about MMORPGS has always been you can progress over a long period of time and your progress isn't lost...

• Options
    edited January 2017

An elitist is a person who believes themselves to be superior to others. Isn't that fascinating?

There are clearly better ways of doing things or treating people or actually being. What I hate about Elitist Mentalities in a game is that they are based on trivial and insignificant things.. usually. like item Level and gear... :D. And they tend to be EXCLUSIVE people that WILL NOT associate with people that can't help them achieve w/e selfish goal they have in mind... like fast runs and loot.

I see nothing wrong with having an inclusive attitude of excellence... Striving for Excellence for everyone involved (even for those far from excellence) is the exact OPPOSITE of Elitism.

• Options
    edited January 2017

I was fascinated by his "ad hominem" logic fallacy! You must have worn the hood in some of my EXAMPLES! It is not? My point was in relation to the stupid and infinite grind and in who can do it even though it is a stupid and infinite grind -
    and I agree with the @weaver936 about bis gear and how to acquire - so at no time im attack you personally or call you elitist or whatever. Did you smoke a "beck"? @beckylunatic

BTW At no time did I say that I am superior or that X or Y is more or less just told to whom this game benefits - WHO HAS TIME (unemployed, teenagers, rich people and etc) - because of the model in which it was adopted RNG BASED AND INFINITY AND BRAINLESS GRIND.
  • Options
    If they offer and exchange for new weapons using Relic Weapons.. this REALLY should be to the same current refinement level... and not make a fully refined epic weapon go down to barely purple. This would cause people like myself that are only waiting for legendary marks to have to put a bunch of RP into the weapons again and lost even what RP we had from our Twisted weapons refined into the relic ones... that would just be unfair.

But, the flip side is... people could just go get the relic weapons when the mats get super cheap and make it and refine it with RP from maps... and try to skip sva that way... so... ugh.. this is a difficult situation.. :D.

A lot of this is all speculation.... getting worked up over rumors etc...

There's was talk about using Voniblood in the announcement of the new mod... and you have to Restore these new weapons... and there are maps in the new mod that are actually harder to get than fishing for them.. lol.. so... this will be interesting to see what happens for real.

• Options
    hquadros said:

I was fascinated by his "ad hominem" logic fallacy! You must have worn the hood in some of my examples! It is not? My point was in relation to the stupid and infinite grind and in who can do it even though it is a stupid and infinite grind -
    And I agree with the weaver936 - at no time im attack you personally or call you elitist or whatever. Did you smoke a "beck"?
    My post ended up threaded immediately following yours, but was by no means a reply to it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited January 2017
    weaver936 said:

hquadros said:

This is an MMO... not a first person shooter or Real Time Strategy game..... one the of the GREAT things about MMORPGS has always been you can progress over a long period of time and your progress isn't lost...
    I did not enter this merit just question and punctuated in how difficult it is for someone who has commitments to do the same content 1 million times to be lucky to get item X or Y, is stupid, and even so after getting the item X or Y comes a new module and obliterates what he got at all costs aka "new relic weapons" that there are already people (bis people) complaining! OR when you get, for example, a +5 ring is not what you could use in your char and not even there is an "exchanger" for that, that is your damn luck came in half! Again it's stupid.

It's obvious that in an MMO at some point your gear or progress will be out of phase, but basing a whole progress on only LUCK / GAMBLING (in the case of the boxes) or REPEAT is ridiculous. Thats is my point not a HAMISTER elitist point. In addition elitist or not im want more is damn who thinks legal or consistent the model adopted by Cryptic. ENJOY THE BRAINLESS NEW LEVEL OF FUN.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    THE firesoul bonus is actually to make the bis player more expensive. Before i could play on defense slots dark level 8 for example. BUT to get the maximum benefit from firesoul need r12 defence enchants.
    ALSo because i farmed like crazy to get legendary relic weapons from sva was my choice i wouldnt ask compensation because i dont remember to sign any contract with devs.
    AND finally is good to hear new weapons are easy to farm.
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I have a slightly different perspective on this. I really like Mod 10/10.5 in general. I thought the areas were cool, it was nice to be challenged, and I thought the fishing and treasure hunting was kinda nice. *ducks*

My main is a CW(3.4) and my secondary is a DC(now 3.2). I usually don't get much time to play per day, and it's usually at the deadest time of day (~2-3am EST). I grinded the mats to restore my CW Relic Weapon and just recently got enough to finish the off-hand. I couldn't get into eSVA with my CW to save my life though, so I spent the last month or so trying to get my DC up to do it since there seemed to be a shortage. I spent a lot of my limited game time and several million AD not just to to get her IL up, but the right stats (AP Gain, base Power and bonded Recovery) for the right spec. I respecced to AC, while I GREATLY prefer DO. I really tried to do my homework and was trying to be an asset, not get carried. I was looking forward to it. I finally got her ready last weekend. And it now feels like between the key change and these new weapons coming, Mod 10 has all but died and I ask myself if there's any point in bothering. I feel like I was a day late and a dollar short. And no, I wasn't trying to skip the mod, I was eagerly into it from day 1. I did get a little... distracted... by the winter festivities though. :)

As is, it looks like there is no way to get to legendary weapons if not already close. That's ok, I resigned myself to having purple Relics on my CW. Still really good. But now I see that new sets are coming out that have no bottlenecks on upgrading and worry the SKT Weapons would be a trap. I haven't actually restored the offhand yet, not sure if I should or just sell the mats.

I'm gonna continue to try and play this mod until the next though. I might as well, I got all dressed up with no place else to go. However, unless SVA marks become unbound and sellable, that dungeon will probably never be run again by anyone once Mod 11 hits. This is only the second time an upcoming mod announcement has made me depressed about the game.

@weaver936 , although I'm not very chatty and haven't been able to take advantage of it as much as I'd have liked to so far, thank you for all the hard work you've put into the channel and this mod. I think the last couple months in the game would have been a much gloomier place without you and your efforts.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    weaver936 said:

If they offer and exchange for new weapons using Relic Weapons.. this REALLY should be to the same current refinement level... and not make a fully refined epic weapon go down to barely purple. This would cause people like myself that are only waiting for legendary marks to have to put a bunch of RP into the weapons again and lost even what RP we had from our Twisted weapons refined into the relic ones... that would just be unfair.

But, the flip side is... people could just go get the relic weapons when the mats get super cheap and make it and refine it with RP from maps... and try to skip sva that way... so... ugh.. this is a difficult situation.. :D.

There's was talk about using Voniblood in the announcement of the new mod... and you have to Restore these new weapons... and there are maps in the new mod that are actually harder to get than fishing for them.. lol.. so... this will be interesting to see what happens for real.

Everyone who got Relic weapons was just filling the RP gap to legendary between mods anyways.

Also, none of this is based on rumor. it's straight from the preview server because people have already gotten the new weapons despite the fact that the preview build was only posted five days ago.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options

hquadros said:

I was fascinated by his "ad hominem" logic fallacy! You must have worn the hood in some of my examples! It is not? My point was in relation to the stupid and infinite grind and in who can do it even though it is a stupid and infinite grind -
    And I agree with the weaver936 - at no time im attack you personally or call you elitist or whatever. Did you smoke a "beck"?
    My post ended up threaded immediately following yours, but was by no means a reply to it.

All right, but it did.
  • Options
    hquadros said:

hquadros said:

All right, but it did.
    You're not the person throwing around the word elitist, nor are you dismissing anyone who doesn't approach the game the way you think they should regardless of their reasons for doing so. Trust me.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    urabask said:

weaver936 said:

Everyone who got Relic weapons was just filling the RP gap to legendary between mods anyways.

Also, none of this is based on rumor. it's straight from the preview server because people have already gotten the new weapons despite the fact that the preview build was only posted five days ago.
    it's always a simplistic way to get new stuff for testing on the preview server... you think they will change live server to make all Transcendents 1 copper too?

• Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Assuming preview is accurate to how the new weapons will be upgraded in the new Mod, I just had another possible solution to the SVA marks issue. What would you think about this: when Mod 11 launches, make nSVA give the rewards from eSVA and just get rid of eSVA? I know some would miss that challenge, but I fear that eSVA is going to be a ghost town anyway once the new mod hits, even if they make the marks unbound.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    terramak said:

A general note: Whether or not something looks like an obvious bug or pacing flaw that'll probably be fixed, it's still totally valid to present it as feedback or a bug report. We sometimes miss things that look totally obvious to our dedicated players - that's why we have a Preview shard.

I'm definitely hearing the feedback in particular that "It feels bad when players can get weapons in 5 days in the River District that are competitive with the weapons I took weeks to grind in SKT." (I hope I'm interpreting that correctly.) I also get that folks want to balance that feedback with "SKT's grind was not fun for me as a player, and I like that River District's pacing is much more forgiving."

Disclaimer: The above opinions are not necessarily my own; I'm using them as example distillations of how I'm interpreting the feedback regarding Relic weapons and the gearing options introduced with Module 11.

I've read through all the posts in the thread so far, and will make sure the feedback is heard - though, as always, it's subject to human interpretation both on the part of the one relaying it and the ones hearing it.

Edit: Finally found the cyan font color. >.>

It took weeks after we got into SVA (and that's as a DC being able to easily get into runs; people with only DPS toons would take even more time just because there are so many more DPS toons). And I say that as a member of a guild that had SVA runs going from the minute it was possible to unlock it. And this is basically assuming that you got your runs in before the key changes and bought a pile of dragon keys so you could spam runs whenever there was a spot available. It was to the point that I was playing SVA and grinding my SKT dailies to the exclusion of everything else in the game. I reset my professions, did SKT dailies, ran HEs and logged off. Then when SoMI hit I reset professions, did SoMI dailies, ran HEs and logged off. Then I unlocked SVA and had to run that to the exclusion of everything else. Now Mod 11 is basically saying that all of that was a waste of time (and around 10 million AD).
    weaver936 said:

urabask said:

weaver936 said:

it's always a simplistic way to get new stuff for testing on the preview server... you think they will change live server to make all Transcendents 1 copper too?
    They would have to completely redesign the whole mod to drastically change the amount of time it would take to get the new weapons. You. Are. Wrong.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    turzanturzan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    New mod, new campaign, new stuff, new horrible grind - I hope it will be totaly different than esva shi... mechanic - especially after keys changes.. Huh force people to grind so hard and relase new weapons so early, damn good joke ;)
    Godfinder
  • Options
    edited January 2017

hquadros said:

hquadros said:

All right, but it did.
    You're not the person throwing around the word elitist, nor are you dismissing anyone who doesn't approach the game the way you think they should regardless of their reasons for doing so. Trust me.
    It's not about thinking Differently.. it's about some one trying to force others to live DOWN to your Personal preference instead of living Up to THEIR Personal (or Collective) Potential.

• Options
    masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Firesoul weapons CAN NOT HAVE THE SAME WEAPON DAMAGE as relic weapons. IT WAS THE WORST GRIND OF THE GAME and I still couldnt manage legendary. I dont even mention SET BONUS. If this goes live like that, I am only a casual player. I am DONE with this financial approach towards playerbase.

One player gave twisted as example. Simply demonstration why he is wrong.

1) You could get those elemental weapons by completing the big heroic encounters, very easily.

2) Getting the twisted set for free is 20 days of work, and the difficulty level of demogorgon was far higher than it is right now.

I am so sick of constantly complaining about these kind of things. At one point I literally decided not to care whats coming next to the game, and simply play it, but this kind of approach is throwing hamster to the faces of your 3 years of experience players.

P.S. I saw only so few maybe once or twice that you ve changed anything whats in preview(what is on your mind). Dont throw the sentence, thats why we have preview, everytime you hide something bad.

P.S. 2. There are some players thinks that there are development limits behind the things that make players unhappy. I have one word for you, just stay out of things what you dont have any clue. You clearly know nothing about DEVELOPMENT.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    terramak said:

A general note: Whether or not something looks like an obvious bug or pacing flaw that'll probably be fixed, it's still totally valid to present it as feedback or a bug report. We sometimes miss things that look totally obvious to our dedicated players - that's why we have a Preview shard.

I'm definitely hearing the feedback in particular that "It feels bad when players can get weapons in 5 days in the River District that are competitive with the weapons I took weeks to grind in SKT." (I hope I'm interpreting that correctly.) I also get that folks want to balance that feedback with "SKT's grind was not fun for me as a player, and I like that River District's pacing is much more forgiving."

Disclaimer: The above opinions are not necessarily my own; I'm using them as example distillations of how I'm interpreting the feedback regarding Relic weapons and the gearing options introduced with Module 11.

I've read through all the posts in the thread so far, and will make sure the feedback is heard - though, as always, it's subject to human interpretation both on the part of the one relaying it and the ones hearing it.

There is a huge gap in weapon damage between twisted and relic. The new sets should fit in between the two. The new mod is not filled with endgame content like SKT is. The weapons should not be on par.
  • Options
    Players who opted to skip the 10.5 weapon grind were largely expressing that they'd be satisfied with an in-between upgrade before the data was available that indicated the M11 sets were actually on par. That's more along the lines of what was expected, something better than Twisted but less good than Relic.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

jhpnw said:

I commend the game designers for listening to the players and ending the relic gear with SOMI it was a needed thing. The rng has caused a lot of players to back out of playing the game. Recognizing the mistake and moving forward With new content with normal grinds for BIS gear is the right thing to do. Now to finish correcting the issue give a trade up same as did for LOS set equal weapon for equal weapon of relic for new gear Ie green for green orange for orange and so on. If this is done then every one will have no reason to hamster other than just the regulars who complain about every thing and we all know who they are. I can afford to put a little money in game every month but the millions needed to get enchanted loam and other items were past my budget especially just to get weapon to green. so by time got them to that point I cant even get a successful Msva run due to very few of the needed classes with high enough Ils are are even running it now.

You have 2 choices in this game for BiS gear.. basically... or maybe 3. 1. Pure RNG.. which makes the devs more money... 2... the kind of system in Mod 10 where EVERYONE can get a little piece of the pie.... or 3. A RNG/Seal system that you an either get a drop ... or do enough runs to get the gear like Etos is.... the problem with #3 is once you get the gear then there''s almost NO reason to go back to it.. at least that's the way it was before the Loot table changed... but even with the loot table change.. it's just a matter of time before those items that drop are over populated in the game economy and ah and they become really cheaply priced. Then, we all will have a problem getting the AD to get enchants and other items we need to progress in game again.

I swear.. most people think so very shallow and short term... these are most of the "players" you thank the devs for listening to.
    Ok, Mod 10 is actually your option 1. Pure RNG. Even more so now that there is no peeking. MSVA is universally disliked by anyone that had/has to do it. Go look through the old feedback. The only thing that made it bearable was the ability not to waste a key in a garbage chest. Now you have to..

yes, they need to redo the rewards for MSVA.
    No, that doesn't mean they should keep losing players by making them play that RNG lottery
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User

Firesoul weapons CAN NOT HAVE THE SAME WEAPON DAMAGE as relic weapons. IT WAS THE WORST GRIND OF THE GAME and I still couldnt manage legendary. I dont even mention SET BONUS. If this goes live like that, I am only a casual player. I am DONE with this financial approach towards playerbase.

One player gave twisted as example. Simply demonstration why he is wrong.

1) You could get those elemental weapons by completing the big heroic encounters, very easily.

2) Getting the twisted set for free is 20 days of work, and the difficulty level of demogorgon was far higher than it is right now.

I am so sick of constantly complaining about these kind of things. At one point I literally decided not to care whats coming next to the game, and simply play it, but this kind of approach is throwing hamster to the faces of your 3 years of experience players.

P.S. I saw only so few maybe once or twice that you ve changed anything whats in preview(what is on your mind). Dont throw the sentence, thats why we have preview, everytime you hide something bad.

P.S. 2. There are some players thinks that there are development limits behind the things that make players unhappy. I have one word for you, just stay out of things what you dont have any clue. You clearly know nothing about DEVELOPMENT.

so as a casual player, you want them to make it impossible to get legendary weapons?
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    terramak said:

Please understand... NW has for the longest time a core of anti-social self-oriented players. Many or most of them would prefer to log in and pew pew, get phat loots, and log off.. a lot of the "difficulty" of Mod 10 was because of THAT attitude.. NOT the difficulty of the game or it's systems themselves.

What I have found in this game is that if you work together.. NOTHING the devs do can break you .:D and the game really isn;t that hard. Even the current difficulties with finding a group for esva and FBI stems from that attitude.... When we finnaly find enough people to form the groups... and people know what they are doing, the content is actually easy..

Another attitude is that DPS is everything... which in esva it is CLEARLY not. What I LOVE about esva is that it MAKES you work with other people. IF you aren't working together... then you can lose 2 4.3k R12 Bonding Legendary pet blah blah blah people when the permashards get them and break :D.

Without cooperation and communication... IL is meaningless :D.

edemo was the same way at first... the first few weeks trying to get Gold was hell... "AIM FOR GOLD GLYPH NOOBS".. lol

But this is what happens in Pug life (pug is Pick up group or randoms... NOT Players Under Geared -.-).

So.. the challenge is this.. basically.. how do you get the community to work together so that more complicated and rewarding content can also be do effectively? Part of the answer is NOT to reward them for being intellectually lazy or anti social. Not to be all about numbers or pixels... but, instead... work together to achieve something worth having... (not something that is easily replaced the very next mod).

I feel that you all will ERASE much of the progress you have made in developing a more sophisticated player base by essentially invalidating all the work I and others have done to progress in Mod 10... you will make us feel that it actually IS more rewarding and smarter to rage, kick, scream, mod skip instead of "wasting time" on whatever we think might be too grindy.

Do you really want to have to continue to rush and rush and rush to put out content that doesn't BUILD on the preview mods.. but instead makes them practically irrelevant? Do you really want to continue to have to assign man hours to updated old content to be relevant again?

I've actually started enjoying playing sharandar and dread ring with my alts again... until I realise how almost pointless it is to do it. ever since Mod 5 when those zones were nothing more than an easy walk through to get boons, I've be constantly annoyed at how there is so much current content in game that is irrelevent and serves no real purpose... and here we go again... quite possibly about to do that with ALL of the SKT content... the VERY next mod.

• Options
    urabask said:

terramak said:

It took weeks after we got into SVA (and that's as a DC being able to easily get into runs; people with only DPS toons would take even more time just because there are so many more DPS toons). And I say that as a member of a guild that had SVA runs going from the minute it was possible to unlock it. And this is basically assuming that you got your runs in before the key changes and bought a pile of dragon keys so you could spam runs whenever there was a spot available. It was to the point that I was playing SVA and grinding my SKT dailies to the exclusion of everything else in the game. I reset my professions, did SKT dailies, ran HEs and logged off. Then when SoMI hit I reset professions, did SoMI dailies, ran HEs and logged off. Then I unlocked SVA and had to run that to the exclusion of everything else. Now Mod 11 is basically saying that all of that was a waste of time (and around 10 million AD).
    weaver936 said:

urabask said:

weaver936 said:

They would have to completely redesign the whole mod to drastically change the amount of time it would take to get the new weapons. You. Are. Wrong.
    Remember that vendor that gave you the Relic MH/OH in Bryn Shander with NO mats to make it? in the SoMI Preview Build? lol.

• Options
    Right. So why on earth would they not just make a preview vendor again instead of having to re-create the restoration process for the live build, if the intent is "for testing"?

Neverwinter Census 2017

This discussion has been closed.