test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 11 Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170104a.1 (Updated 1/17)

Comments

• vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    shiani1 said:

I thought I just posted something about this, but then came back after testing and couldn't find it. I just worked through part 3 of the new quest line and was seriously beyond disappointed that we will permanently lose our "look" if we have a character built before the character look changed for good. We have to change the look of our character to complete the quest, but when we go to change back, we're only given choices that are available now and not our original look. Please, please find a way to just save our look before we have to change and then revert it back when the quest is finished. I have worked hard to preserve the original look on my HR and will be really bummed to have to give it up because it's required to complete one quest! :(

I already posted this where you replied elsewhere, but the quest text says "you do not have to change appearance to continue this quest", so I hit cancel and walked out and continued. The tokens are just there as a perk/rp bonus.

Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    @shiani1

"I thought I just posted something about this, but then came back after testing and couldn't find it. I just worked through part 3 of the new quest line and was seriously beyond disappointed that we will permanently lose our "look" if we have a character built before the character look changed for good. We have to change the look of our character to complete the quest, but when we go to change back, we're only given choices that are available now and not our original look. Please, please find a way to just save our look before we have to change and then revert it back when the quest is finished. I have worked hard to preserve the original look on my HR and will be really bummed to have to give it up because it's required to complete one quest! "

I testes it and agree, the other look is really gone. Maybe if they change it to a potion instead a full appearance change should be better.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User

shiani1 said:

I thought I just posted something about this, but then came back after testing and couldn't find it. I just worked through part 3 of the new quest line and was seriously beyond disappointed that we will permanently lose our "look" if we have a character built before the character look changed for good. We have to change the look of our character to complete the quest, but when we go to change back, we're only given choices that are available now and not our original look. Please, please find a way to just save our look before we have to change and then revert it back when the quest is finished. I have worked hard to preserve the original look on my HR and will be really bummed to have to give it up because it's required to complete one quest! :(

I already posted this where you replied elsewhere, but the quest text says "you do not have to change appearance to continue this quest", so I hit cancel and walked out and continued. The tokens are just there as a perk/rp bonus.

Wow...I sure didn't notice that, and wonder how many others will miss it as well. The whole quest is about changing appearance to go undercover, so it never even occurred to me that we could bypass that main part of the quest! Thanks for letting me know, but I really hope that this is clarified in a way that it can't be misinterpreted, because my guess is that a lot of players with original looks will be upset if they don't know they can bypass it and lose their looks. Thanks for replying!
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Yes, I believe the note in question was just a little Italicized sentence giving this information within the dialogue box.
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited January 2017

All three of us that ran Spellplague Caverns just now had a blast, even though we hopelessly overpowered everything in there. Can't wait for the epic version. Please let Control Wizards have a meaningful amount of, well, control in the dungeon. Seems most everything that one would want to control can't be these days.

Looking forward to exploring more of the new module and checking out the weapon/armor enchantment changes (thanks for doing that!)

Back in the mod 2 days, I left enough of my bones there to fill a cemetery. Those were the days when CC was everything. My CW is still built for maximum CC in the hope that the need for her arises once again. (edit: didn't realize you were talking about the one on preview).

Refurbished and remastered, we’ve cleared out all the bodies of adventurers gone by, and reopened both standard and epic versions.

You must have needed some serious dump trucks!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    This new supposed artifact weapon set has me worried. Are you guys turning SP caverns into another FBI?

Is the epic dungeon part of this new mod that's an overtuned weapon set grind or just a coincidental inclusion?
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Spellplague is coming back?!

Edit: Nevermind, I realized it's probably some horribly chopped-up, only-in-name dungeon with Ice Giants or whatever the current enemy flavor is. Sigh.

Edit2: No, it is the real thing! Yes! I'm excited again.
    Post edited by meirami on
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Yes, I believe the note in question was just a little Italicized sentence giving this information within the dialogue box.

It floated up as announcement text. I thought it was hard to miss, but apparently a bunch of people have.

At any rate, not changing your appearance doesn't affect the quest in the slightest.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    It seems that Linkletter isn't in The Chasm where he is supposed to be.. and when i looked for him I fell into a crevice i couldn't escape from without using GM help. -.-

NVM... he's on the wall.. this is kinda cool... except for the possibilty of getting stuck in terrain while trying to find him.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
    Now if only the devs would take some TNT to that rock blocking off that AWESOME side area in ToS...
    edited January 2017
    From the wording on the description of the dig sites it makes it seem like if you build the dig site yourself you would be able to enter the site more than once in an hour.. but that isn't how it's working for me. It seems if you spend your resources or not you only get in each site once per hour.. is this how it's supposed to work?
    Also, Secure the District Campaign Task won't start, neither will Resist the Rituals.

(just trying to help ask these questions and clear up confusion before this goes live)

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
    weaver936 said:

From the wording on the description of the dig sites it makes it seem like if you build the dig site yourself you would be able to enter the site more than once in an hour.. but that isn't how it's working for me. It seems if you spend your resources or not you only get in each site once per hour.. is this how it's supposed to work?
    Also, Secure the District Campaign Task won't start, neither will Resist the Rituals.

(just trying to help ask these questions and clear up confusion before this goes live)

I read some instruction text somewhere that said you were limited to once per hour. Darned if I recall where but probably on an NPC.

Neverwinter Census 2017

weaver936 said:

I read some instruction text somewhere that said you were limited to once per hour. Darned if I recall where but probably on an NPC.
    It says something like "if someone else open the mine you..." hinting that if you open it yourself you don't have that limitation.

edited January 2017
    @terramak , just a little though I'd like to plant in the back of your mind :wink:

This comes from a guildie of mine who I think made an excellent point.

When working on eSP, please take a moment to think about how it will draw players post-mod 11. The best way to illustrate what I mean is eCC (epic Cragmire). Hardly anyone runs it because the final boss fight is INSANELY hard and the rewards in the chest aren't worth it (Elven armor has long since been surpassed). Same for eGWD. Lots of people run eToS because it *is* winnable, yet no one (as far as I can tell) runs it for the Elven armor: they run it purely for the AD and the stronghold shards.

I'd really hate to see eSP fall by the wayside in the same manner. It (at least the pre-mod-6 version) is an AWESOME dungeon.

Another thing to bear in mind: one very big reason that epic dungeon runs prior to mod 6 were in a healthy state was that people could sell the gear they got. I don't know if you want to go there again, but I think reinstating it bears serious consideration.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    The second respawn point in the first quest(vault one) isn't working i steped by the fire, died and got respawn in the beggining.
    Not sure if it's suposed but several enemies in the ember zone of river district show legs when frozen.
    About what @hustin1, im not sure if this is a good idea or not but lowering the prices of elemental infusion and allow the production of equipment for all classes would be incentivating to run old dungeons.

edited January 2017

Not sure if it's suposed but several enemies in the ember zone of river district show legs when frozen.

For the most part, can't be helped. Anything animated is built on top of a humanoid sprite and invisible parts of the structure become visible with textures overlaid on them.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    dont know where to post this but i just ran fbi completed the run i got [Greater Ostorian Ring of Hellig] in the first chest then i opened the second and got another one [Greater Ostorian Ring of Hellig] but it didnt go into my inventory even other loot took about 2 minutes keep coming back with this in log

these are times i opened the 2 chest from log
    [22:21] [NPC] Treasure Chest: {UNTRANSLATED: (null)}

[22:22] [NPC] Treasure Chest: {UNTRANSLATED: (null)}

when they finally went into inventory it was purple blod ring , what the hell no fair i need my second legendary ring
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    Three of us hopped on preview to re-visit SP. Guys, seriously what is your obsession with chopping these awesome old dungeons down? I'll give you a hint here, the people who like Dungeons and Dragons generally appreciate a good dungeon crawl. You haven't neutered it quite as badlly as you did to CN, but it is noticeably shorter and there are definitely fewer mobs. I'll wait to see what the Master version brings but if the pattern holds true to what you did to the others then I'm disappointed that you seem hell bent to serve up snack content. Is it for the console players whom some market researcher thinks have the attention span of a mongoose on crack? I'll give you another hint, whoever has been doing your market research since mod 4, probably needs to be fired.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

Please don't make new artifact weapons superior to the relic weapons. Variety is good, having a single BiS pick isn't.

Im quite curious to see how they implement mod 11 weapons. They cant make them better than relic obviously because the HAMSTER storm will be real. They cant make them weaker either because they're new. They cant make them harder to get 'cause the grind for relic is already too much. They cant really make them easier to get cause those who got relic (the most dedicated players) will rage.. And if they make acquiring them as tedious as relic is, again, the majority of the players will remain with drowned/twisted, meaning people not playing the new content as much as new content should be played..
    The devs dug another whole and fell in it imo
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Copies of themselves.... im sorry but WTF? Thats stupid

EDIT: Right devs, again weapon restoration... And the set bonus is stupid. Just great. Whens mod 12 coming out?
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    It's very lame the recicling of content, it would be more appealing to me less stuff but new.........but i have to admit the new mounts look amazing specially the Gorgons.

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User

The cult leader boss must have the wrong level as I one-shotted him; slightly anti-climactic.

I thought that was the funniest thing in the whole quest line! "Behold my power etc etc" *Wham*

I hope it was their intention at least but I loved it.

Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
    melinden said:

The cult leader boss must have the wrong level as I one-shotted him; slightly anti-climactic.

I thought that was the funniest thing in the whole quest line! "Behold my power etc etc" *Wham*

I hope it was their intention at least but I loved it.
    I agree, it was hilarious.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    terramak said:

EDIT: Oof, yeah, it'll have to be the weekend. I underestimated the time it'd take me to compile all of this.

I think you underestimated your underestimate.
    vida44 said:

terramak said:

EDIT: Oof, yeah, it'll have to be the weekend. I underestimated the time it'd take me to compile all of this.

We need to hook him up with a caffeine IV.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Just entered the River District. All I can say is wow -- that was unexpected, and pretty awesome! The dialogue was there and gone to quickly for me to follow but once the voiceover is in, hopefully it will be easier. Here's hoping the campaign hearkens back to mod 8/9 for more storytelling.
    edited January 2017
    Just finished chapter 2. Wow. I can't wait. OMG, I can't wait.

Tankiest HR on the entire server and I get to do this mod. This is going to be awesome.

And Nostura is SO dead.

:sunglasses:

I think I'm going to stop here, though. I don't want to spoil the surprise for myself :smile:
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

vida44 said:

terramak said:

We need to hook him up with a caffeine IV.
    It's a holiday in the states, I'm not sure the devs went to work today.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    Just want to post this:
    "In the depths of the Chasm of Neverwinter lies the Spellplague Caverns. Enter, and destroy the for creature responsible for spreading the contagion."
    Located in The Chasm. Entrance is in the north part of the 3rd zone.
    So why is repacked or relabelled as a new modul and not what it use to be?
This discussion has been closed.