test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus rewards when charging Zen

Comments

• socialnomad#0947 socialnomad Member Posts: 12 Arc User

This is SUPER hard guys, and takes a PHD in computer science to figure out....let me take a shot at it:

- Query all users who purchased Zen in Neverwinter for the time frame in question
    - Add the items you promised them to the reclaim agent.

Here's the problem I have with this: They never made an announcement that they changed the rewards offer. So, many of us made our purchase based on the initial announcement. There was never any announcement to go back to see the shadow update that they changed the rewards system.

If they made a followup official news post updating us of the change in rewards, I would agree with your solution. Unfortunately, nothing responsible like this happened.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

This is SUPER hard guys, and takes a PHD in computer science to figure out....let me take a shot at it:

- Query all users who purchased Zen in Neverwinter for the time frame in question
    - Everyone wins?

If you really believe it is that easy, I wish I could live with that kind of worldview. Life would be easier (not an insult, but there are only so many ways to disagree).

but a virtual store that can literally make things out of thin air (yes, I know they have to be designed, but whatever)

Those last two words should really not be in there, as they basically say 'I don't care for your facts'.

Please test this stuff going forward and proof read. At this time, people have absolutely NO trust that what is posted is what is actually going to happen.

Now THIS I can support, although there may be budgets and things making it not feasible. We can't say, so we should refrain from pinning this on anyone without more data.

edited December 2016

This is SUPER hard guys

Sounds personal. :smile:

*Wanted to post this to a seperate post, so when it gets deleted, the rest of the comments don't get dragged down with it.*

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I think the focus should be on the elephant here in the room:
    This happened before, and it might happen again with the Winter Festival promo shortly.

And they should also make sure that this time, the rewards will be issued to the folks, that actually earned them.
    I joked before about the Ice Panther, but just think about that for a moment, what will happen, when that mount will be in the Rewards Claim Agent in PE for everyone free to get with a "bug fix"?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    litaaers said:

- Everyone wins?

If you really believe it is that easy, I wish I could live with that kind of worldview. Life would be easier (not an insult, but there are only so many ways to disagree).

Not sure if you've participated in any of these promos before, but this is EXACTLY how the previous charge rewards bonuses have worked. The part they seem to have messed up royally was implementing a new way to issue the rewards.

So, yeah, I believe it IS that easy. Roll it back, forget the point system until you actually test it and relay the information correctly to the customer, and don't drag this out for months.
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2016

I too, saw the "If you charge in any tier, you’ll receive all items in the tiers below, so charging $20, will grant you both the Zhentarim Warlock and the Neverwintan Noble Title." And there still isn't a response, and yes I saw that they edited it out, but that is considered A SCAM AND IS ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!! Far too many people saw the original post, the company at this point should have just sucked up their mistake and followed through with what they originally put.

That would be the good customer service thing to do.
    Post edited by coolgeek357 on

litaaers said:

- Everyone wins?

Not sure if you've participated in any of these promos before, but this is EXACTLY how the previous charge rewards bonuses have worked. The part they seem to have messed up royally was implementing a new way to issue the rewards.

So, yeah, I believe it IS that easy. Roll it back, forget the point system until you actually test it and relay the information correctly to the customer, and don't drag this out for months.
    I have participated, and I don't remember there being a point system, although I do remember a tier system. My guess is that they advertised one, and coded for another. That was the disconnect. Perhaps they should honor it, but 'rolling it back' isn't that easy, since this was never coded before. Also, remember that Zen goes through ARC(PWE) and the content goes through Cryptic. They may not be able to call up a person and say 'shoot me an email with the list of Zen purchasers during the event'.
    Hey, has anyone actually *checked* their point balances recently? I just did, and I had over 66k. I *know* I didn't spend $600+ during the promotion. Maybe this is the fix? Add points so you can buy all the items if you were supposed to get them? Any other issues excluded, of course.
    I don't show any change at my end: Bought $100 of Zen, Current Balance: 11,000

More updates!

The team is working with customer support to best address the miscommunication. When I have more specifics, I'll let you know but I wanted to again reassure everyone that this is a priority.

Can we get an update?
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Everyone that participated should check their account / email. I received the following email a few minutes ago:
    Greetings adventurer,

During our Black Friday promotion for Charge Rewards in Neverwinter, our blog incorrectly stated information pertaining to the rewards players were eligible to receive.

Although we changed the blog to correctly display the promotion, we are committed to honoring the original messaging that you may have read. We have applied Charge Reward Points to your account, equivalent to the Point Value of all tiers below the Charge tier you reached.

These reward points have been credited to your account and are now available for viewing and redemption. The window of time you have to redeem these points is limited, so please redeem your points prior to December 12th, 2016 @ 7:30am PT.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding while we resolve this issue.

— The Arc Games Team
    I just wanted to say thank you to Nitocris and the Arc team for the resolution!
    litaaers said:

Hey, has anyone actually *checked* their point balances recently? I just did, and I had over 66k. I *know* I didn't spend $600+ during the promotion. Maybe this is the fix? Add points so you can buy all the items if you were supposed to get them? Any other issues excluded, of course.

Just got an email response from CS regarding the ticket I put in about this issue. They closed my ticket as "resolved". They said the blog incorrectly stated info about the rewards you were supposed to see, but that they are committed to "honoring the original messaging that you may have read" (sigh - that I "may" have read) Said that they applied charge reward points to my account equal to the point value of all the tiers below the tier that I purchased.

So, their solution is indeed to increase the charge rewards. I didn't get any increase to 66k, though - not sure how that happened for you @litaaers, but I suggest you redeem them all. :smile:

Just out of curiosity, did you not charge through Arc during the 15% bonus promo? Because I charged $100, which gave a total of 135,000 zen with the usual bonus plus the 15% bonus, and I had 135,000 points. Now that they added the extra points, they increased it to 21,500, which is still just weird math on their part.
    Thank you @nitocris83 - I am happy that this didn't drag out for months, you seem to have lit a fire under someone (that usually wears heat resistant clothing! lol)

I do hope that you and your team can hammer out the issues with this before running the next promo. Although the current fix is going to help us all now, I still think there are issues with the amount of points and what amount the player is supposed to get. (for instance, are the promo points supposed to be equal to the base amount of zen purchased, or the total amount of zen purchased counting bonuses, or a certain arbitrary amount equal to tier rewards? Were the tier rewards "priced" properly?)
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    I received 4 e-mails from arc with the same message already, saying the issue was resolved. Still, I didn't get enough to buy the things I was supposed to be able to get. I don't understand why they don't stop sending e-mails though. I'm sure the 4th was not the last.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User

litaaers said:

Just got an email response from CS regarding the ticket I put in about this issue. They closed my ticket as "resolved". They said the blog incorrectly stated info about the rewards you were supposed to see, but that they are committed to "honoring the original messaging that you may have read" (sigh - that I "may" have read) Said that they applied charge reward points to my account equal to the point value of all the tiers below the tier that I purchased.

So, their solution is indeed to increase the charge rewards. I didn't get any increase to 66k, though - not sure how that happened for you @litaaers, but I suggest you redeem them all. :smile:

Just out of curiosity, did you not charge through Arc during the 15% bonus promo? Because I charged $100, which gave a total of 135,000 zen with the usual bonus plus the 15% bonus, and I had 135,000 points. Now that they added the extra points, they increased it to 21,500, which is still just weird math on their part.
    I had the same thing happen. charged $100 got 13.5k points. What it seems like they did is they "topped" off the base points that everyone received to match the total needed for all tiers, which in our case was 18k. The extra 3500 points we got from the bonus zen didn't seem to factor into their calculations.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    The amount of additional charge reward points added to my account was enough to unlock the remaining rewards I'd earned. So it's worked out for me, and (assuming the stuff is there when I log in) I have received exactly what I was supposed to.

I did charge at least $400 during the promo, but not $600. If you check your Redemption History, you will see what you had, and what was added. I had 48950 prior to adjustment, and they added 18000 today, which is the cost of everything under the highest tier I reached.

With the extra points, I bought some extras of the BoE items, for sale and alts.
    edited December 2016
    litaaers said:

I did charge at least $400 during the promo, but not $600. If you check your Redemption History, you will see what you had, and what was added. I had 48950 prior to adjustment, and they added 18000 today, which is the cost of everything under the highest tier I reached.

With the extra points, I bought some extras of the BoE items, for sale and alts.
    Which ones are BoE? (edit - I know the white owlbear is BoE, just wasn't sure if anything else is)
  • andrewrf#3697 andrewrf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I didn't receive the email message or any additional points to my balance. Hmm. :(

@nitocris83 can you clarify the situation?
  • darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    ^ same. I got nothing. Still not fixed. I spent $100 during the promo yet only ended up with 13,500 points. I did claim the owlbear (I assumed it would just eat my points and claim all below it) but I'm still at 3,500 points which is not enough to get the title (1000) Zhentarim Warlock (2000) and the Gilded White Steed (5000) which I should be able to claim based on what I spent.
  • vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Well, I did get an email and compensation, so it is fixed for some at least. Thank you.
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • jala09#4016 jala09 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I got nothing as well... why are some getting it and others not..

Which ones are BoE? (edit - I know the white owlbear is BoE, just wasn't sure if anything else is)

The Zhentarim Warlock was BoE too.

For those who aren't feeling fixed yet: What is the common thread?
    Are you all PC? What did ytou order through? Check your Redemption History, and copy them here (with any personal info removed).
    edited December 2016
    Checked tonight, I had extra points added and was able to get my remaining items.

@Cryptic Thank-you
  • morphykarumorphykaru Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    litaaers said:

For those who aren't feeling fixed yet: What is the common thread?
    Are you all PC? What did ytou order through? Check your Redemption History, and copy them here (with any personal info removed).

I did not get an email, and I did not get any extra points. I spent $200 and I am on PC.

• ghostndragon#3135 ghostndragon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Mine was fixed today. THANK YOU!!
    For those that got the extra points, did you submit a ticket earlier for this?
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I too am on PC, did not submit a ticket, and have not received any email or points to bring me up to line with what was promised. Typical of Cryptic, to only fix those that actually complain, and leave the rest to wonder and suffer - time to move on, the tiger has not changed its stripes.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    I received 3 e-mails at first, another one 1 hour later and another one after my last comment here, but no points to make up for the miscommunication yet. I don't know why I got so many e-mails though