test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SKT's Maintenance [10/18] (Complete - Read for Error Info)

Comments

• Options
    killga#4155 killga Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @darkcult#2246 said:
    > Reinstalled the game and was able to sign in.

I can confirm that deleting and then re-installing the game overnight fixed the issue for me..
  • Options
    hartrek#9713 hartrek Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    While I can feel your pain, since I was in the same boat until I re-installed, what are we talking about? If you re-download the game (apparently it's possible, otherwise you wouldn't be able to play it in the first place, since it's download-only), even with a really slow connection, this shouldn't take longer than 24 hours nowadays. So *one* key and 36k rough AD per toon since you cannot process more per day anyway. So how much ist it? $1.25 and about $.1 per additional toon? Are you serious? All this uproar for less than a beer down the street?
    Gáleah Elóthanil  Female Sun Elf CW 70 2500
    Hartrek Runemaster Male  Dwarf  GF 70 2300
    Faeruil  Female Drow  TR 70 1600
  • Options
    docvoodoo#5661 docvoodoo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2016

even with a really slow connection, this shouldn't take longer than 24 hours nowadays.

Took me 3 days to download game the first time around. Only 1.5 meg is available where I live , and my family has 3 consoles to download on. Not that I care about the Ad or too worried about the keys........just want a fix so we can play without redownloading and spending a week waiting and also tying up my net for a week. (That means no netflix,no hulu , no playing other games online) That's why my "uproar" .
  • Options
    tke857#6081 tke857 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This will certainly kill the game off on ps4. Population was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> before this. Guess I'll move onto a different game. Sucks because I was really getting into it.
  • Options
    vjynxv1vjynxv1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2016
    Bye
  • Options
    jettaukjettauk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    The cynic in me thinks the patch bug was deliberate to force people to download the game again, now they can say the game has been downloaded double the amount of times than it actually has.
  • Options
    corujero#2569 corujero Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Need new patch, in my internet 3 days for download game again :(
  • Options
    miket196718#6113 miket196718 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    if i would of known that the darn thing would not have worked and that i had to re install it i would of saved big time on internet downloading cause i have to pay a lot of money for my internet as i am on a useage fee and not unlimited like others /////////// thank you to whom ever is risponsible for this andf i hope you have a day like i had trying to play the game and wind up costing me a few dollars for something that i like doing... thank you
  • Options
    arcarius#4083 arcarius Member Posts: 1 New User
    > Update, 10:37am PTD: It is possible to work around this issue by completely re-downloading and reinstalling the game. However, the size of the game (over 10 GB) may cause this to take several hours - or days...

How is this even a solution?

It's like a beautiful woman begging you to sleep with her except the lock to your iron cast chastity belt is broken. Turning her away and finding a new beautiful woman is not going to solve your problem!

Seriously, fix the loading screen, and release the damn patch. How hard can it be? You guys have been in the business for 10 updates! Surely you've got this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> understood by now. At the very least, sack your testers and find people who know what the *$#% they're doing!
  • Options
    vojo#1855 vojo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Why have arc not scripted a scan disc/File hot fix all ready. This would solve the long work aroud option
    Pewpew, CW 70 » HoF · Buffage «
    Guild - Vikings of Norway - PS4
  • Options
    wulf#5119 wulf Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Man there is a lot of "first world problems" whining going on in this thread. Stop acting like a little downtime is the end of the world and entitles you to some ridiculous amount of compensation. Go do something else for a day if you have to instead of abusing the company who worked a long time to put together this beautiful game for you. Anyone with half a brain knows that, no matter how much time, planning, and testing you do in preparation for a large update, things can still go wrong.

@arc thank you for continuing to keep us in the loop and being transparent about the problems. It's obvious to the sensible people here that you do care and you're trying to get the game up as soon as possible.
  • Options

and my family has 3 consoles to download on.

Of course, if you have three consoles then 24h x 3 means three days. That sucks. Since you cannot play on any of them until all have finished the download. Otherwise you would decrease your download speed even further.

And sorry for my ignorance regarding all those people who are in a situation of paid or slow service. I just had the notion that the people whining the most were the ones who claim to have spent hundreds of $$ on the game. In my view that just somehow implied first world resources. Apparently I was wrong. I now see this.

Also, being a long time computer professional I really don't understand how they could possibly miss the fact that the update doesn't work at all. I mean (almost?) everyone is affected. And also that they cannot provide a simple solution after such a long time. And I don't necessarily mean arcgames. I am willing to believe them that Sony is the culprit here. So much the worse. But for Sony arcgames is just too insignificant, I guess.
  • Options
    finnthehuman81#7385 finnthehuman81 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    I deleted and re installed last night, worked fine till I logged out, today there is another patch 2.01 dl'd that. Now can't log in again, any word on this?
  • Options
    tisko1992#1367 tisko1992 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    7 hour maintanance
  • Options
    Lol, no, I've friends on now
  • Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Arc is updating their servers so they are all offline right now. I really hope this new 2.1 update doesn't break the game and require another full install.

Also the timing of shutting down their servers right after a new content update was a terrible decision in my opinion.
  • Options
    Well, sorry but I swear it says 2 friends playing just right now.I will never doubt u again
  • Options
    joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User

I deleted and re installed last night, worked fine till I logged out, today there is another patch 2.01 dl'd that. Now can't log in again, any word on this?

Same for me. I uninstalled and redownloaded the entire game which took all day here in the Philippines. Actually that was good time compared to how usually horrible the internet is here. So as I said, downloaded and installed. Turn it on......and guess what?

ANOTHER 12gb patch (2.0.1) must now be downloaded.

What is going on with this now?
  • Options
    joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    UPDATE: So after starting this 2.0.1 new update......itgets about 2.5gb down and then stops and restarts on its own with a 955mb only download. So this new 2.0.1 suddenly morphed from 12gb down to 955mb.............scratching my head now guys.

But hey, this is all happening during the 7 hour maintenance down time so maybe that has something to do with it?
  • Options
    Are you serious? The new patch is another 12 GB? Are they out of their minds?
    There were some issues when I was logged in yesterday, like spontaneous disconnections (which I don't usually have), so I guess it's not only "Sony messed up" and they had to patch their server software as well.
    In hindsight this patch is probably their worst case scenario ever. In politics some scapegoat would have to step down now.
  • Options
    tisko1992#1367 tisko1992 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Uhh is was 2gb for me.
  • Options
    prudieprudie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here, waited yesterday for more info on the fix, saw the twitter announcement "If you are receiving the #NWPS4 error code, please see the help library for further guidance: https://www.playstation.com/en-ae/get-help/help-library/error-codes/ce-38612-0/ " and redownloaded the game (BTW, Sony's download/gateway still sucks, very slow). Could play after the download, but now a few hours later I must download version 2.01 (2.697GB)
    What is going on? You don't have the PC excuse of multiple configurations, it's 10 millions identical consoles you have to install and test the update on.
    And about the maintenance, as I understand that is backend/webserver update, which will affect the game server only temporarily.
  • Options
    harryk#3230 harryk Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    i was half way through the download and paused restarted and it started the whole 14.1 gb from start so i suggest do not pause do not disconnect and pray the while, these guys botched it big time. I think i may stop it and play some other game for a while on what little time i have.
  • Options
    thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Yet another download? You guys are clowns. This is the most horribly botched update I have ever seen. Can someone please explain to us what exactly version 2.01 is? Is this the fix that is now being crammed down the throats of people who fixed it themselves yesterday?
  • Options
    wulf#5119 said:

@arc thank you for continuing to keep us in the loop and being transparent about the problems. It's obvious to the sensible people here that you do care and you're trying to get the game up as soon as possible.

Source?

They have not updated us in over half a day. Then they cram this second update down our throats without any notice.
  • Options
    wulf#5119 wulf Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    null
    The fact that this thread exists at all and they are posting in it is more than many companies do. I've have personal experiences with companies such as Niantic, kru, and nexon where you were lucky to even get an explanation after the fact. They weren't really able to give us any notice on this second update because it was brought on by the unexpected issues with the first.
  • Options
    zakmo86#6447 zakmo86 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Just curious if anyone else is stuck on the "connecting to account server" page. Maybe I just haven't seen it, but is there maintenance or something going on?

I downloaded, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Even downloaded the 2.01 update.

Thank you in advance.

Z
  • Options
    They have one thread and one twitter feed to update with this info. It isn't hard. What would it take? 2 Minutes?
  • Options
    ace#9545 ace Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Shouldn't this thread have been closed, and a new one started regarding the NEW maintenance for the 19th?

I, personally, use the title updates to tell when the server is back up after one of these long maintenance cycles.

¤¤¤ Wyld Pyrates ¤¤¤

Mature, Respectful, Committed, and SOCIAL Players...
    ...who have a major ARRRRRRsenal!

Check Us Out At: www.Pyrates.Boards.Net

PSN : Ace-Wyld ¤¤¤ FaceBook : Ace Wyld
    YouTube : Ace Wyld (NWO Guild Feature Videos Coming Soon)
This discussion has been closed.