test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger changes

Comments

• Options
    beadinbeadin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Am I the only one that finds Pathfinder's Action to be underwhelming even with the deflection chance corrected?

At rank 4, Aspect of the Lone Wolf gives you a constant 20% deflection and 30% deflection intermittently.

At rank 4, Pathfinder's Action gives you 20% deflection intermittently and 24% run speed intermittently.

Am I missing something? Is there a good reason to choose Pathfinder's Action over Aspect, or should this be looked at and adjusted?
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    metalldjt said:

not all the fights with this new nodecaping must be fought on the node...pretty sure there will be a place for him without givin him these cc break/immunity frame which obvs they arent needed.. what they missed was damage, and thats all .. sure few tweaks here and there but not enhancing his surviability.

ROFLMMFAO. Biased much? If anyone has survivability issues and needs help it's the Archer HR.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

ralexinor said:

FEEDBACK: can we have cc and damage immunity on Marauder's Rush and Marauder's Escape, and possibly a CC break on Marauder's Escape?

@amenar
    this is exageratted... we are tryin to balance classes by their god damn roles : Striker/controller ,
    Does a CW have a CC break? no
    Does a HR have a CC break? no
    Does a Warlock have a CC break? no
    Does a DC have a CC break ? no
    sure all of them can use like Meditation or Melstorm of chaos that gives them immunity frame... but breaking CC and be immune on CC is someth of a melee DEFENDER role
    ex: GWF , GF and Paladin.

we are tryin to get Impossible to Catch from Trickster rogue changed for this reason, and asking for a CC and damage immunity on Marauder's thats makin another superman class. So this is a bad idea and a bit overstepping the bounderies.

Again the purpose of these Striker classes is not to make them TANKIER than they are, thats the reason why they aren't dying in PvP, sure self healing is a part of it, but its called CLASS BALANCE with a reason.

So givin stuff like these, next threads will be towards the hunter ranger overperforimg.

And ITC is a 6 second duration. Marauder's Rush and Escape are barely one second animations. What's the problem with that? That's not overpowered, that's reasonable. It's not a "state" like ITC is, it's just a gap closing/creating power. It's literally an additional dodge, which HRs lack anyway, so it won't ever be overpowered. Additionally, the damage is terrible, and using it means HRs either have to a) lose a damage encounter slot (which is quite big for HR for obvious reasons) b) waste time on the animation.

Class balance doesn't exist, especially not when stupid things like insignias, guild boons, drowned weapons etc. artificially inflate every class' performance in PvP. When you take trash like this away, then you can see what "class balance" really is. Striker classes with the exception of TR and GWF are mostly tanky because of all this stuff, not because they're inherently tanky.

Breaking CC should NOT be specific to a "melee DEFENDER" role. In fact, in that case you should just argue that no class should have a CC breaker, or that all classes have 1 very SITUATIONAL CC breaker, which is what Marauder's Escape would be. It's not even in standard HR rotations because the damage is SO LOW. What you don't understand is 80% of HR powers are utility powers and NOT damage based powers, therefore having a CC breaker/immunity frame is fine. We're not GWFs with both CC breakers and damage, okay?

Also regarding Archery, damage is still far too low to be useful in PvP, Trapper is still FOTM in both PvE and PvP, even if combat might be able to compete next patch it's rather doubtful that it'll be more useful. BS like Transcendent Elven Battle means HR CC isn't as effective as it was in mod 6, so in this meta of striker classes using TEB, who cares if they have a CC breaker when CC lasts like 0.5s most of the time anyway.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

People have played HR for YEARS without 2 dodges. A spammable Encounter dodge on top of a shift dodge is OP.

I think it would be ok, I mean a Trapper would not really equip ME/MR anyway due to the damage/fluidity loss etc and it generally being a lame Encounter. But for an Archer, they probably would equip it and only benefit from the CC break etc.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    metalldjt said:

metalldjt said:

ralexinor said:

FEEDBACK: can we have cc and damage immunity on Marauder's Rush and Marauder's Escape, and possibly a CC break on Marauder's Escape?

@amenar
    this is exageratted... we are tryin to balance classes by their god damn roles : Striker/controller ,
    Does a CW have a CC break? no
    Does a HR have a CC break? no
    Does a Warlock have a CC break? no
    Does a DC have a CC break ? no
    sure all of them can use like Meditation or Melstorm of chaos that gives them immunity frame... but breaking CC and be immune on CC is someth of a melee DEFENDER role
    ex: GWF , GF and Paladin.

we are tryin to get Impossible to Catch from Trickster rogue changed for this reason, and asking for a CC and damage immunity on Marauder's thats makin another superman class. So this is a bad idea and a bit overstepping the bounderies.

Again the purpose of these Striker classes is not to make them TANKIER than they are, thats the reason why they aren't dying in PvP, sure self healing is a part of it, but its called CLASS BALANCE with a reason.

So givin stuff like these, next threads will be towards the hunter ranger overperforimg.

Maybe for combat and trapper but if a archer HR gets caught he'll be made into fish soup right there, Archer advantage is distance so at least in archer tree this should work has cc breaker, adding it to botomless quiver, that like i said before is a little more than useless feat now out of pvp since encounter can be easly replaced in multi target for at wills at little cost and in single target aimed shot.
    not all the fights with this new nodecaping must be fought on the node...pretty sure there will be a place for him without givin him these cc break/immunity frame which obvs they arent needed.. what they missed was damage, and thats all .. sure few tweaks here and there but not enhancing his surviability.
    What you mean by enhancing survival i understand get out of there before i get my HAMSTER kicked a HR ranged has almost no means of survival and sloting marauders rush will make him unslot something else so no, completly no op, just avoiding get slaped a few seconds earlier. If you imagine combat + wilds medicine ok, that may be too powerfull and trapper can spam it even with more frequence even not having that heal, but ranged? Definitively not OP the most he can do is make you chase him the hole map after him. This reminds me of a video that obsidian made with oppressor build to troll saber, hilarious.

• Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited August 2016

People have played HR for YEARS without 2 dodges. A spammable Encounter dodge on top of a shift dodge is OP.

a) The only path that could "spam" it is Trapper. If you use it as Trapper, you're gimping yourself, hurting your team, and basically an all round bad build that sucks.
    b) A 15s CC breaker isn't overpowered, especially on a class like HR where your dodges SUCK.
    c) "shift dodge" - obviously you haven't played a HR. The abomination called "dodge" on a HR is a misnomer. Also stamina regeneration is terrible compared to other classes, because stamina stops regenerating for a short period of time after using a dodge, and HRs have more and shorter dodges than other classes hence this wait time is effectively longer.
    d) HRs have a daily called Slasher's Mark which gives infinite stamina for 10 seconds. No one uses it in PvP because HR dodges suck that much, even with the recent "buff".
    e) In order to use Marauder's Rush/Escape, you need to give up an encounter slot. In the majority of cases, you're literally gimping yourself by doing this. Trapper breaks their own rotation, wastes about 2 seconds of rotations, Archery isn't charging aimed while doing this, Combat isn't using at-wills while using them. Additionally, HR damage is so low that running a slot without a DPS encounter is tantamount is turning yourself into a rubber ball at best.
    f) Majority of the time, people don't even CC/damage/target you during Marauder's Rush/Escape, but there are cases where said powers take you out of range of certain encounters but you still get hit anyway.
    g) Marauder's Rush/Escape durations are barely 1 second, usually less because if you don't dodge out of Marauder's Escape it takes you offnode, and Marauder's Rush's duration is based on how far away you are from the target; most of the time you'd be 50' or less, so you're looking at 0.5s immunity here.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    macjae said:

peri87 said:

Feedback

Can we have some sort of bounce effect on boar charge? Its dps output is low, it has a sloooow animation...add at least some utility to it pls...btw thx for your work @amenar

Also,

Boar Charge has an annoying stun/animation lock at the end of the animation; this should be removed. Basically, after using Boar Charge, the HR seems to be stunned and unable to act, which really reduces how much you get out of the power. If it's an animation issue that can't be readily fixed, slightly increasing the duration of the prone to help might be an option.
    I've mention this 2 times already. +++++

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    macjae said:

peri87 said:

Feedback

Can we have some sort of bounce effect on boar charge? Its dps output is low, it has a sloooow animation...add at least some utility to it pls...btw thx for your work @amenar

Also,

Boar Charge has an annoying stun/animation lock at the end of the animation; this should be removed. Basically, after using Boar Charge, the HR seems to be stunned and unable to act, which really reduces how much you get out of the power. If it's an animation issue that can't be readily fixed, slightly increasing the duration of the prone to help might be an option.
    Marauder's Eascape seems to do the same on live, not as pronounced as Boar Charge but still there and annoying. I remember Boar Charge has always been like this and has been brought up countless times ove the years and hasn't been addressed. WE heard nothing from @amenar about it so guess it must be an animation issue.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    ralexinor said:

a) The only path that could "spam" it is Trapper. If you use it as Trapper, you're gimping yourself, hurting your team, and basically an all round bad build that sucks.
    b) A 15s CC breaker isn't overpowered, especially on a class like HR where your dodges SUCK.
    c) "shift dodge" - obviously you haven't played a HR. The abomination called "dodge" on a HR is a misnomer. Also stamina regeneration is terrible compared to other classes, because stamina stops regenerating for a short period of time after using a dodge, and HRs have more and shorter dodges than other classes hence this wait time is effectively longer.
    d) HRs have a daily called Slasher's Mark which gives infinite stamina for 10 seconds. No one uses it in PvP because HR dodges suck that much, even with the recent "buff".
    e) In order to use Marauder's Rush/Escape, you need to give up an encounter slot. In the majority of cases, you're literally gimping yourself by doing this. Trapper breaks their own rotation, wastes about 2 seconds of rotations, Archery isn't charging aimed while doing this, Combat isn't using at-wills while using them. Additionally, HR damage is so low that running a slot without a DPS encounter is tantamount is turning yourself into a rubber ball at best.
    f) Majority of the time, people don't even CC/damage/target you during Marauder's Rush/Escape, but there are cases where said powers take you out of range of certain encounters but you still get hit anyway.
    g) Marauder's Rush/Escape durations are barely 1 second, usually less because if you don't dodge out of Marauder's Escape it takes you offnode, and Marauder's Rush's duration is based on how far away you are from the target; most of the time you'd be 50' or less, so you're looking at 0.5s immunity here.
    +1
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Marauders is NOT spammable, where are you getting this idea from?!

What you don't realize with your absurd comparisons.

CWs don't need a gap closer, they're a ranged CCer, and they're immune during their dodge anyway.

TRs who mainly go MI have stealth to close in, and can escape easily with the use of ITC and smoke bomb.

The GWF can sprint, can pop unstoppable to negate CC, have CC burst of their own

The GF has it's shield, CC burst. The OP refuses to die anyway.

Archery and Combat lack any of the sort. Combat can't get in with it's @#$% poor base movement speed, and has little defense over others CCing them before they get much of a chance.

Marauder's Rush is not a very fast striking power leaving that opening for a CW or w/e else to CC you when rushing at them with the power. Archery can't even escape with it, they're still easy to CC. Ranged DPS cannot beat ranged CC less it haves something up it's sleeve, in which it doesn't.

Only reason archers worked in the past was because things like Constricting Arrow worked differently back then. It has totally screwed over archery play style.

• Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Spent the morning trying out Combat as a Pathfinder. Overall, I found it very tricky to maximize dps.

Stormwarden was easy - Blade Storm + Throw Caution + CtG spam = everything dies.
    Pathfinder doesn't have it nearly so easy. The only "AoE" melee attack they have is Split Strike, which makes it tricky to hit multiple enemies with the "dash forward" setup. Seldom do enemies line up in a straight little row - usually they surround you from all angles, which makes CtG much more efficient.

The damage per cast of Split Strike, however, is fantastic; but with the awkward usage and slightly slower cast time, I felt like I got so much more out of CtG.

Also, Ambush's boost to next encounter damage was definitely nice, but I found myself rarely using the melee counterpart - Bear Trap, even with the feat boosts. The radius on it is really only effective to nail one target, AND it required aiming (which takes time, and time = dps loss); so again, the Pathfinder struggles for efficient AoE damage. I ended up using Ambush -> Plant Growth or Steel Breeze more often than not for trash, and for single-target I'd be much more inclined to use Thorn Strike or Gushing Wound.

Careful Attack I'm not convinced is working with Flurry - I can't really tell without using ACT, which I haven't tried yet. I'm sure this has been brought up already in the 40+ pages here, though.

Overall, I'm not seeing a lot of reason to go Pathfinder if Combat; Stormwarden is far more efficient and easier to use.
    The HR already comes equipped with decent single-target options (Aimed Strike, Gushing, Thorn Strike, Seeker's, etc.), but only Storm seems to really bring some AoE to the table (Blade Storm, CtG, etc.).

Suggestion:
    - increase radius of Bear Trap to the same size as most other AoEs, centered initially on the HR so if you're already in combat you don't have to aim - you can just drop it.
    - perhaps rework Split Strike to work like Split Shot - hitting a wide radius in front of the HR. The slightly better damage on this over CtG would be offset by the fact that it's not a 360 degree attack, but you'd at least have a chance at hitting multiple enemies instead of trying to play the dash game with the current setup of the power, *and* it would give Pathfinder an AoE at-will which it's sorely lacking.
  • Options
    rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @amenar Not sure if this has been addressed, so if it has, please ignore...

I'm quoting a friend here, "The trapper is really the only path that takes into account our fundamental class mechanic: Changing Stances. That would be like if a gf only had one path that acknowledged he can mark stuff, or a gwf only having one path that utilized unstoppable."

Which I never thought of before, but is totally right. By having the Archery and Combat path, you are essentially rendering the RB (Change Stance) useless. The point behind Archery is to stay in Ranged and the point of Combat is to stay in melee. Trapper, the point is to continually change, thus it utilizes this button by granting buffs/etc when swapping stances...This fundamentally changes based on which path you take...

Think of all the ways Trappers use this now:
    * 4 Paragon Feats (Speed, APG, Deft Strike, AotS buff) for buffing
    * 3 extra encounters (to avoid cooldowns)

Now tell me, how are you going to make Archery/Combat more supportive of this stance switching? The point of Archery and Combat is to NOT switch stances, right? Should the mechanic then change based on the path you take? A not well thought out idea would be to make the RB be some sort of buff that lasts X seconds and can be triggered every Y seconds. Such as a speed or damage boost.

Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    macjae said:

peri87 said:

Feedback

Also,

@amenar +1 to this... I would love to slot Boar Charge every now and then as it is pretty fun to use. The stunlock though makes it a horrible power.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    i would trade HR dodges for sprint anytime. If i could get a cc break on top i would even pay for it.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    @rhadamathys : I did point out the same in this thread and also on the Wilds. Two of the trees get no use for stance changes. Lirithiel suggested more power synergy (getting buffs from the powers on the other side and using them with the damage dealers of your tree). At the moment anyway there is very little support in that sense. I suggested killing archer and combat and substituting them with a heavy hitting tree similar to the mod2 hybrid (I still remember getting 25-30 kills in domination matches) and the old nature tree, with feats properly improving the buffs.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

i would trade HR dodges for sprint anytime. If i could get a cc break on top i would even pay for it.

i love the dodge way more then any sprint or block. it allows the hr to be more survivabal.
  • Options
    Well it's give Marauders immunity, or SPEED up Marauder's Escape, instead of sludge backwards as a pile of leaves.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2016

rayrdan said:

i love the dodge way more then any sprint or block. it allows the hr to be more survivabal.
    maybe you should go try the changes in preview after 150 posts in this very thread without having tested nothing. If you are hoping for some special dodge changes the difference is none.
    FEEDBACK: if its not now, i would still like to express my desire to see our dodges converted to sprint (maybe like the new reworked shadowslip) and stamina regen values finally fixed (45+ seconds to get a full bar). For not american players lag + dodges bad coded are not nice at all. I would trade them anytime and it would fix the fact that a DEX based class is actually the slowest in game. I hardly doubt anyone would have something to say: since 50% of the time you dont dodge the damage, 50% of time you dont dodge the control, 40% of the times you dont dodge both while still being slower than a turtle

STILLNESS OF THE FOREST: the 25' requirements is really too much...
    Post edited by rayrdan on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    rayrdan said:

rayrdan said:

maybe you should go try the changes in preview after 150 posts in this very thread without having tested nothing. If you are hoping for some special dodge changes the difference is none.
    FEEDBACK: if its not now, i would still like to express my desire to see our dodges converted to sprint (maybe like the new reworked shadowslip) and stamina regen values finally fixed (45+ seconds to get a full bar). For not american players lag + dodges bad coded are not nice at all. I would trade them anytime and it would fix the fact that a DEX based class is actually the slowest in game.
    though i don't lag when i dodge and when i dodge i don't take any damage and yes i should try the preview servers but i lack the spare time.
    i understand your point and what you are after, was just expressing my point. not as though i should be taken in to account just saying my thoughts on the matter.
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

rayrdan said:

FEEDBACK: if its not now, i would still like to express my desire to see our dodges converted to sprint (maybe like the new reworked shadowslip) and stamina regen values finally fixed (45+ seconds to get a full bar). For not american players lag + dodges bad coded are not nice at all. I would trade them anytime and it would fix the fact that a DEX based class is actually the slowest in game. I hardly doubt anyone would have something to say: since 50% of the time you dont dodge the damage, 50% of time you dont dodge the control, 40% of the times you dont dodge both while still being slower than a turtle
    HR does use a special ninja sprint run animation on occasion. Not sure how it's triggered though.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

i'll say this now that my hr trapper in live servers can solo any he in well of dragons. the hardest he for me to solo is cult patrol, but i have soloed it.

Those are tier 1 HEs. Most classes, played well and with sufficient DPS output, should be able to solo at least some tier 1 HEs. And a dedicated support build may still need help with them, even when geared.

Tier 2 HEs in WoD are things like Enemies and Allies, or Raising Hell. Being able to solo these requires significant DPS to beat the clock.

WoD doesn't have any tier 3 HEs but the Heralds. In IWD, these are encounters like the Black Ice Beholder. Solo requires both incredible DPS and survivability.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    HEs in WoD are easy, it's the time constraint that is hard. My HR can get the Red Dragon down to around 20% left when the timer goes off...without dying...the HE by the black dragon you have to have a group since the golem is invincible and you need to gather all that stuff... If they extended the timers in WoD, it'd be doable...

Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • Options

i'll say this now that my hr trapper in live servers can solo any he in well of dragons. the hardest he for me to solo is cult patrol, but i have soloed it.

Those are tier 1 HEs. Most classes, played well and with sufficient DPS output, should be able to solo at least some tier 1 HEs. And a dedicated support build may still need help with them, even when geared.

Tier 2 HEs in WoD are things like Enemies and Allies, or Raising Hell. Being able to solo these requires significant DPS to beat the clock.

WoD doesn't have any tier 3 HEs but the Heralds. In IWD, these are encounters like the Black Ice Beholder. Solo requires both incredible DPS and survivability.
    i have done enemies and allies and i found that easier then patrol as for raising hell it wasn't that hard either but i will say harder then patrol since their are more casters and ranged enemies their.
  • Options
    thatsmeaswellthatsmeaswell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I have no issues completing tier 2 in wod, the cult patrols however force me to slot fox shift in order to solo them. So for me at least they are the hardest he in wod.
    And this may have to do with the subpar dodge hr has.
This discussion has been closed.