What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger changes

Comments

• Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Forgot to post this, but these bugs along with additional ones have persisted since module 5. This is from my bug thread in the HR forums. I have added a few and removed some that were fixed with the recent patches, and the majority of these should still apply even if I've missed a few. The Thorn Ward issue with AotS might be fixed with the recent patch; I will test these bugs again once the new patch is online.

BUGS:
    At-wills

Pathfinder: Careful Attack - procs every time a different person attacks the target (has a different cooldown for each person instead of a global 1.5s cd as it should)
    Pathfinder: Careful Attack - hits 3-4 times per tick with a DOT enchantment such as Plague Fire or Flaming, resulting in x4 more DPS than intended
    Pathfinder: Careful Attack - gives AP based off how many people are hitting the marked target (i.e. around a dragon you will have 100% AP most of the time because there are more people hitting your target)
    Pathfinder: Careful Attack - if applied before a GF has his shield raised, the 80% damage reduction does not apply (CA will still hit for the full amount as if the GF does not have his shield up)

Encounters

Ambush: multiprocs Sigil of the Devoted's heal every second the encounter is active (after artifact is activated).
    Binding Arrow - roots do not activate if target is more than 40' away.
    Binding Arrow - roots apply about 1 second after the initial encounter animation and damage, resulting in an inability to dodge the roots most times
    Boar Charge - often rubberbands back if target is at edge of range (usually when they're moving out of range)
    Boar Charge - renders user inert/stuns user for 1 second upon use
    Boar Hide - stacks with multiple HRs in the same party
    Constricting Arrow - roots apply about 1 second after the initial encounter animation and damage, resulting in an inability to dodge the roots most times
    Fox Cunning - cancels the remaining effect of a dot if it blocks one tick (i.e. Disheartening Strike)
    Fox Shift - if cancelled or interrupted, shows as still useable on the tray when it's actually on cooldown
    Fox Shift - if interrupted in the middle of the encounter (even if one tick has already hit the opponent), the skill does not go on cooldown and can be used again immediately (example: Sunburst interrupts Fox Shift, you can immediately use Fox Shift again)
    Fox Shift - cannot be cancelled with a dodge
    Hindering Shot - charges not affected by recharge speed or cooldown reductions such as Swiftness of the Fox (trapper)
    Hindering Shot - weak roots bypasses dodges and still roots when dodge is done (aka cannot be dodged)
    Hindering Shot - weak roots has no animation to show it's active
    Hindering Shot - dodging/cancelling this encounter during a certain frame causes a charge to be wasted while the encounter doesn't activate
    Hindering Strike - encounter sometimes goes on cooldown when used but does not deal damage or apply roots even when target is clearly in range (possibly a terrain issue)
    Hindering Strike - roots apply about 1 second after the initial encounter animation and damage, resulting in an inability to dodge the roots most times
    Hindering Strike - skill does not activate and goes on cooldown if you dodge at a certain point during the animation
    Hindering Strike - hits a stealthed TR but sometimes does not activate Trapper capstone (Biting Snares) or other encounter-based effects such as Thorned Roots and Swiftness of the Fox
    Hindering Strike - sometimes applies Thorned Roots to a stealthed TR but does not root or reveal them if they move out of your line of sight before the roots are applied
    Longstrider's Shot - multiple reapplications of this skill causes the movement/damage bonus to stack
    Marauder's Escape - stays in one spot instead of moving back 50' when used from the air
    Marauder's Rush - if interrupted before target is damaged (even if you've reached the target), the skill does not go on cooldown
    Oak Skin - stacks with multiple HRs in the same party
    Pathfinder: Bear Trap - charges not affected by recharge speed or cooldown reductions such as Swiftness of the Fox (trapper)
    Pathfinder: Bear Trap - cannot be cancelled via a dodge (see below)
    Pathfinder: Bear Trap - dodging while casting a trap consumes a charge but does not put the trap down on the targetted area
    Stormwarden: Split the Sky - does not proc weapon enchantments or glyphs
    Rain of Arrows - does not damage the target unless you damage them after you activate the encounter
    Thorn Ward - Aspect of the Serpent stacks are not displaying correctly when Thorn Ward is up. Each tick of Thorn Ward should add/remove stacks. Currently, only the first tick (the first usage) of Thorn Ward removes a ranged stack but subsequent ticks do not remove ticks. Additionally, when melee stacks are up and Thorn Ward is applied, no stacks are removed whatsoever. This is merely a display bug, Thorn Ward is actually correctly applying the stacks but it's just not displaying correctly.

Dailies

Disruptive Shot - daze can be deflected
    Forest Ghost - is cancelled and goes on cooldown if you are stunned during it
    Forest Ghost - ignores daze CC effects and some prone effects if they are applied while you are in stealth (i.e. walking into CW's Oppressive Force while you're in FG will result in you not being dazed)
    Pathfinder: Slasher's Mark - cannot be cancelled by dodge
    Pathfinder: Slasher's Mark - mark does not apply if a HR uses marauders rush/escape when it hits
    Pathfinder: Slasher's Mark - can be removed by DC "Cleanse"
    Seismic Shot: does not always hit mobs even if they're in the trajectory path
    Stormwarden: Cold Steel Hurricane - sometimes gets stuck on terrain

Class Features

Aspect of the Serpent - Aspect of the Serpent stacks are not displaying correctly when Thorn Ward is up. Each tick of Thorn Ward should add/remove stacks. Currently, only the first tick (the first usage) of Thorn Ward removes a ranged stack but subsequent ticks do not remove ticks. Additionally, when melee stacks are up and Thorn Ward is applied, no stacks are removed whatsoever. This is merely a display bug, Thorn Ward is actually correctly applying the stacks but it's just not displaying correctly.
    Pathfinder: Cruel Recovery - only procs on the first crit of DOTs such as Thorned Roots, and does not proc on multiple aoe hits (i.e. only activates on the first target you hit)
    Pathfinder: Pathfinder's Action - only grants 10% deflection chance instead of 15% deflection chance (5% per rank, rank 1 seems to be missing the deflect even though it's listed on the description)

Feats

Archery: Stillness of the Forest - does not display critical chance correctly on character sheet (minuses the crit % from the base crit and then adds it, meaning the crit chance looks the same when it in fact is increased). It is working as intended because the critical chance increase is for ranged only. Original explanation from developer here.
    Combat: Pathfinder: Advanced Stalking - does not increase duration of Ambush
    Trapper: Master Trapper/Biting Snares - stance swapping multiple times during the "Biting Snares" activation time will activate Master Trapper multiple times and generate the AP portion multiple times
    Trapper: Serpent's Bite - does not display critical chance correctly on character sheet (minuses the crit % from the base crit and then adds it, meaning the crit chance looks the same when it in fact is increased)
    Trapper: Serpent's Bite - character sheet seems to say it only gives 4% crit chance instead of the 5% on the tooltip
    Trapper: Thorned Roots - does not proc dragon glyphs (i.e. each hit should also add 600 damage (pre-mitigation) from Greater Red Dragon Glyphs but currently do not)
    Trapper: Thorned Roots: does not apply/proc weapon enchants

Other

Roots: CC can be deflected (this is a bug with all cc skills; cc duration should not be affected by deflect)
    Strong Roots - animation does not last for the full duration of the roots, especially if you have the Trapper feat Ancient Roots (affects Hindering Strike, Binding Arrow and Constricting Arrow)
    Weak Roots - has no animation to show the target(s) are rooted (affects Hindering Shot)
    Offhand Feature Bonus: Cruel Recovery - only procs on the first crit of DOTs such as Thorned Roots, and does not proc on multiple aoe hits (i.e. only activates on the first target you hit)
    Offhand Feature Bonus: Cruel Recovery - is not affected by healing depression and the effect works even if Cruel Recovery is not equipped (regardless of path)

If there's anything there that's been fixed, let me know and I'll remove it. Most of these are honestly QoL changes, and probably won't affect balance right now honestly.

Original topic where I posted most of these bugs with explanations in some subsequent posts is here.

Unrelated fun fact: Ambush currently resets all melee cds every second it's active because it multiprocs Swiftness.
  • Options
    forums700forums700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Amenar, thanks for the ruling on the status of SotF.

My reason for taking issue with the use of the word 'bug' was that it was prejudicial to the discussion and played into the hands of people who want to see the trapper playstyle changed to require more use of at-wills.

If that point about the playstyle itself was understood, if not fully agreed upon, that seems like progress to me. It does not matter to me at all if the same playstyle can be preserved by 'fixing' swiftness and then making other changes to get the same outcome.

Hopefully there will be further adjustments so this playstyle can be preserved, at least for one path. I still think a lot more needs to be done to help combat and archery, whether through equivalent cooldown reduction being made available and/or feats and staple encounter powers for those other two styles being improved.

In particular, I hope your team doesn't baulk at at how much more damage will have to be increased for all paths if you make the choice that seamless encounter cycling is going to be a thing of the past. It also raises the issue of whether encounter power durations should be adjusted to take into account gaps appearing in the rotation.

Thanks.

PS:

Bug:
    Thorned roots does not receive bonus fire damage from Wheel of Elements fire rune.
  • Options
    bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    macjae said:

amenar said:

While we obviously realize that changing this will have an impact, we need to make the change to evaluate how large the impact is, so we can make adjustments. I think it's likely you'll see further adjustments to Swiftness of the Fox before this change goes live.

Honestly, the feat as written is already extremely good, so making it better doesn't seem sensible. Effectively, it's a 45% cooldown reduction, the strongest cooldown-reducing feat in the game, even without being bugged.

I think that rather than modifying that particular feat further, which would heavily affect internal balance among feat choices (at present, you might as well remove 5 feat points from Trappers and just automatically assign them to Swiftness), it would make more sense to focus either on generic reductions in power cooldowns for the class as a whole, or to steer any further cooldown reductions intended specifically for Trappers to the capstone feat -- i.e Biting Snares could reduce cooldowns when activated.
    @macjae you obviously, from this and other posts in this thread are bias towards your own main class and have an ulterior motive/agenda and I suggest you just move on and leave nerfing the class alone. Your motive is obvious.

HR is severely lacking in PVP and has been subpar in PVE considering their lower survivabilty. They have higher cool downs than any class including their dailies. The trapper tree has seen an overall nerf with plant growth and with swiftness and they haven't had any buffs to help them in PVP or PVE. Revising swiftness to be 20%-25% from 15% would be good for this tree and not detrimental to the other trees and should be seriously considered! The other alternative would be to seriously increase our at-will damage.

I have yet to see any change to single target burst damage to help in PVP/boss fights. Currently trapper HR excels at AOE damage and with nerf to plant growth and swiftness feat they will see a large net decrease in dps.

When it comes to single target damage they are lacking and need burst damage. Boar charge is a good encounter this could be added to . Give us single target burst damage encounters/dailies that we can use and be effective in boss / PVP fights.

Boar charge is currently not used because it doesn't have enough damage in the melee version (along with the long pause at the end) and the ranged version 2% DR is meh. The cost to payoff ratio sucks. In fact HRs have alot of encounters that have a cost to payoff ratio that sucks. They are either to difficult to use with to little damage or take to long with to little damage. The cost to payoff ratio of our encounters need to be increased. The HRs rotation will not be changed by the changes we have seen and it's solely because the cost to payoff ratio is still to high! In PVE dungeons we can't stand there waiting for our encounters to fire unless the payoff is enough and then it's iffy. In PVP it's the same thing except it's more difficult because you need to be on the node.

In PVP, HRs need to be very mobile, because all the tanky slow classes are some how faster and have very quick gap closers. Mobility is key to survivability in PVE and PVP. In fact it wouldn't be to much to ask for an increase in speed for the HR. GWFs, GFs, TRs, and SWs move faster than HRs, and GWFs and GFs have armor that should be slowing them down. They move entirely too fast for a heavy armor based class that can deal 100x the amount of single target damage as the HR. Against equal ilvl players we don't have a chance in hell and it needs to be improved. Just as a for instance, when I 1v1 a gwf of equal gear (ie Icydrake), I can't even touch him and I'm dead within seconds. Both of us are BIS toons, but yet he somehow moves faster, hits harder, is much more tanky.

HRs are all about crit damage. They have alot of feats when it comes to crit, but yet nothing when it comes to crit severity. HR should have a slight base increase to their base crit severity.

• Options
    zonoske#5272 zonoske Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Why not a flat base damage increase like gfs got a few mods back?
  • Options
    genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User

macjae said:

amenar said:

While we obviously realize that changing this will have an impact, we need to make the change to evaluate how large the impact is, so we can make adjustments. I think it's likely you'll see further adjustments to Swiftness of the Fox before this change goes live.

Honestly, the feat as written is already extremely good, so making it better doesn't seem sensible. Effectively, it's a 45% cooldown reduction, the strongest cooldown-reducing feat in the game, even without being bugged.

I think that rather than modifying that particular feat further, which would heavily affect internal balance among feat choices (at present, you might as well remove 5 feat points from Trappers and just automatically assign them to Swiftness), it would make more sense to focus either on generic reductions in power cooldowns for the class as a whole, or to steer any further cooldown reductions intended specifically for Trappers to the capstone feat -- i.e Biting Snares could reduce cooldowns when activated.
    @macjae you obviously, from this and other posts in this thread are bias towards your own main class and have an ulterior motive/agenda and I suggest you just move on and leave nerfing the class alone. Your motive is obvious.

HR is severely lacking in PVP and has been subpar in PVE considering their lower survivabilty. They have higher cool downs than any class including their dailies. The trapper tree has seen an overall nerf with plant growth and with swiftness and they haven't had any buffs to help them in PVP or PVE. Revising swiftness to be 20%-25% from 15% would be good for this tree and not detrimental to the other trees and should be seriously considered! The other alternative would be to seriously increase our at-will damage.

I have yet to see any change to single target burst damage to help in PVP/boss fights. Currently trapper HR excels at AOE damage and with nerf to plant growth and swiftness feat they will see a large net decrease in dps.

When it comes to single target damage they are lacking and need burst damage. Boar charge is a good encounter this could be added to . Give us single target burst damage encounters/dailies that we can use and be effective in boss / PVP fights.

Boar charge is currently not used because it doesn't have enough damage in the melee version (along with the long pause at the end) and the ranged version 2% DR is meh. The cost to payoff ratio sucks. In fact HRs have alot of encounters that have a cost to payoff ratio that sucks. They are either to difficult to use with to little damage or take to long with to little damage. The cost to payoff ratio of our encounters need to be increased. The HRs rotation will not be changed by the changes we have seen and it's solely because the cost to payoff ratio is still to high! In PVE dungeons we can't stand there waiting for our encounters to fire unless the payoff is enough and then it's iffy. In PVP it's the same thing except it's more difficult because you need to be on the node.

In PVP, HRs need to be very mobile, because all the tanky slow classes are some how faster and have very quick gap closers. Mobility is key to survivability in PVE and PVP. In fact it wouldn't be to much to ask for an increase in speed for the HR. GWFs, GFs, TRs, and SWs move faster than HRs, and GWFs and GFs have armor that should be slowing them down. They move entirely too fast for a heavy armor based class that can deal 100x the amount of single target damage as the HR. Against equal ilvl players we don't have a chance in hell and it needs to be improved. Just as a for instance, when I 1v1 a gwf of equal gear (ie Icydrake), I can't even touch him and I'm dead within seconds. Both of us are BIS toons, but yet he somehow moves faster, hits harder, is much more tanky.

HRs are all about crit damage. They have alot of feats when it comes to crit, but yet nothing when it comes to crit severity. HR should have a slight base increase to their base crit severity.

+1
    yeah hrs need mobility... best way to do this is to decrease the stamina cost of dodge, fix the invulnerability frames, and fix the encounter animation to be shorter

to fix hr trapper dps-give the thorned roots a dot that ticks for as long as thorned roots is after plus 6 second+control bonus

to fix dps for archery/combat-more at will damage and more encounter damage that are only actually helpful to the archer or comabt hr, like boar cahrge needs more charge range and damage so melee hrs can gain the distance back, for marauders rush needs better range (less cooldown for pvp) maruaders escape needs to escape properly in the air or falling or on the ground and it needs to break control, would also help to slow down targets near where you escaped from.

bear trap needs to be replaced or changed somehow, its useless.

not sure about anything else as i am just repeating what others have said.
  • Options

Why not a flat base damage increase like gfs got a few mods back?

+1
    not a bad idea though the trapper needs its control fixed as well
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    ralexinor said:

Ambush: multiprocs Sigil of the Devoted's heal every second the encounter is active (after artifact is activated).

I m pretty sure they already fix this.
  • Options
    patcherrkmpatcherrkm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User

No to any kind of base damage increase. GF went from being tanks to being HDPS in one patch. The forums will just be filled with Nerf HR posts the first week of Mod 10 and they will be nerfed to uselessness for real.

if you dont think HR is useless in PvP i want to know your secret. because as it stands I can only take on casual gamers. anyone else simply laughs at my damage.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

And how, pray tell, would changing Swiftness to be 20-25% be better than giving an overall 20-30% cooldown reduction to all powers, as @macjae has suggested (not directly on that post, but in past posts)?

You're effectively looking at the same cd reduction from now, except giving a much-needed boost to all trees rather than just Trapper. Swiftness is a very strong feat as it is, even post-fix, so I don't think boosting it is necessary. Rather than harping on one particular issue with one tree, why don't we solve an issue plaguing the HR class as a whole? HR cooldowns are rather long, so it'd be beneficial to all trees to do an overall cooldown reduction.

You're getting into a rather complex realm here.

The problem with PvP atm is the mess of insignias, boons, enchants and so on that's basically interfering with the overall class balance. Things like Elven Battle breaks entire builds, such as the current (or you could argue previous) Trapper perma-daze/thorned roots spec. While the perma-daze is a stupid concept, the way Cryptic countered it by bringing out Elven Battle also broke Thorned Roots, which only ticks once on EB users, resulting in a massive damage loss. While EB destroying the build may or may not have been intentional, the fact is that Thorned Roots has been proven to be the majority of damage for most HRs in PvP, and even without elven, it's not nearly enough. To compound the issue, the meta in PvP atm is burst damage as you mentioned, because of the aforementioned insignias and other things i.e. too much healing. Swiftness in its current live state is a bit counter-productive to that because it's a DPS heavy mechanic rather than burst heavy.

I think it really comes down to a few issues (in PvP):

a) lack of damage
    b) lack of cc

The latter issue is there because of elven battle, and short of boosting control bonus to absurd levels and/or removing/toning down elven battle entirely, I don't think there's much we can really ask for. Prones/knockbacks are the strongest and only real viable CC in the game right now short of TR's Courage Breaker (which is an entirely different issue), and the only prone HR has is Boar Charge which, again, as you said, is very lackluster. The duration of the prone is very short for the amount of time it takes to execute the skill as well. I don't think boosting it to the point where it's always in our rotation like Bull Charge is for GFs is a good idea; I think it's probably better overall to make it a very good option, but not a necessity to play. Having variations in rotations is a good thing. Case in point, giving Boar Charge both damage and cc might just make it absolutely necessary, so I think perhaps increasing it to be an actual strong cc skill would be a better idea - increasing the prone duration and removing the root/pause at the end of the animation so you can actually follow up with additional skills. Change Boar Hide to not have stacks removed with non-active skills (i.e. dot ticks), and give it a base bonus that still persists even after the stacks are removed because let's face it, it's not exactly difficult to remove Boar stacks. Perhaps a 20% damage reduction on incoming attacks (not defense, actual damage reduction) for 10-15 seconds, along with 5% DR per stack of Boar, removed when hit with an active attack. Or change the functionality to the reverse: for the next 10-15 seconds, every time you are hit you gain a Boar stack, for a maximum of 5 stacks.

As for the lack of damage that HR has, well, primarily damage in PvP was already from Thorned Roots, even in PvE it is an extremely large portion of HR damage, because the base damage HRs have from encounters and at-wills is weak, besides a few select options like Cordon (which can be difficult to land in PvP). To compound that issue, the Tenacity stat on gear in recent mods has begun to reach levels where crit damage has started to do less damage than non-crits, more notably on toons that aren't at DR cap. Classes where you already only do 20% effectiveness on both non-crits and crits will obviously see more damage on crits, but regardless, it's still a prevalent issue that's part of the reason why HRs have become so weak. So in that respect, boosting crit severity isn't really going to help; you're better off asking for a damage bonus/buff since that'll give not only a better general boost, but help both PvE and PvP.

Also um, HRs pretty much don't die to anything except GFs and TRs on live right now in a 1v1, so the issue you mentioned against a GWF is not really true. GWF certainly hits harder, but being tankier is a bit of a misnomer. Even if you die (if at all), dying "within seconds" would be an issue of build/skill, not class in that case.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    To harp on about the point, from my alt comparisons:

Bull Charge: 12.8k
    Lunging Strike: 11k
    Deft Strike: 8.5k
    Relentless Avenger: 12k
    Boar Charge: 3.9k
    Marauder's Rush: 4.8k

I mean, just.. lol. Hindering Shot/Strike, Bear Trap, Constricting Arrow, Binding Arrow, Steel Breeze, Rain of Swords, and Thorn Strike are also underwhelming dmg for what they do, imo. Factor in they most of their base dmg is in the 3-5k range, and compare to the GF's AoE encounter powers on preview:

weak HR encounters: 3-5k (11.3-14.5sec cds)
    Frontline Surge: 10.8k (10.8sec cd)
    Enforced Threat: 10.7k (10.8sec cd)
    Linebreaker Assault: 11.6k (11.8sec cd)
    .. Or, from other classes: 8.3k Blitz, 10k Chains of Blazing Light, 15k Daunting Light, 18k Smoke Bomb, 7.3k Fiery Bolt, 8.9k BotVA, 7.6k Hidden Daggers, 7.6k Steal Time, 9.9k tabbed Chill Strike, 8.6k Curse Bite, 7.1k Arms of Hadar, 12k Path of the Blade, etc..

And that's just looking at AoE, not comparing it to obv higher (on avg) single-target attacks.

Part of me just wants the devs to go all out on the Preview shard. I mean its just a preview after all: "Hey guys, here's many at-wills and encounters we've increased the dmg of by 1.5-2x w/o much other thought. Go wild and see how they do!". If they regret it then those types of tweaks are prob the easiest to alter.
  • Options
    alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Stop proposing recovery to compensate. @treeclimber you have no idea how to proplerly gear a Trapper. For PvE We should only reach RI by running aggersion insignias, using the lol set, and one other artifact with arm pen. Boon 3% RI is helpful as well. All HRs should use Azure, Radiant, or Brutals depending which of those you stack on your companion. Guild Power Boon is BiS. Last but not least you should be running Mastercraft Raid Gear. Every piece is Power, and Crit. Now for PvPers sure most have more Arm Pen but that's because the gear choices provide it by default and majority switch to the Axe Beak and Guild Arm Pen Boon. So to say everyone should sacrifice Arm Pen can't especially PVE. For example, mine is 60% RI this with 34k Power and 15.8k Crit 1.6k Recovery. So I hope you or the devs are going to pay for what some of us have spent in our Mastercraft gear. Like I said though you see ppl running overly high RI because of a Guild Arm Pen Boon or a Mount. Last I checked there's no Recovery Boon and who can afford the Disk? Not many plus those are Bonuses, and should not even be considered or taken into account as normal gearing and functionality as the Trapper.
    Post edited by alliera7311 on
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • Options
    peri87peri87 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    get real on stacking recovery please...I'll list what I think would be the scenarios if we would do so.

1st We get flat bonus damage, stack 10k recovery instead of any other offensive stat (can't see it being arp since either pve and pvp players knows how much they need of it and won't stack more than needed), we basically lose the damage we got and get back (??) to what we are now maybe behind.

2nd We don't get flat damage bonus, we stack recovery to have " the trapper feeling" back, we lost offensive stack and suck more than ever.

As pointed out by many, the only way I can see at the moment to improve us is to give us DAMAGE, an overall CD reduction and then set the toon accordingly, but this is just my humble opinion.

Feedback
    Bonus damage every time you rank up Fox shift, remove hit cap on target. It deals no damage and the dubuff is not that great.

Move SoTF to tier 2 feat so that all paragorn can get benefits from it giving better solutions to archery and melee as well.

Add some sort of push effect to boar charge, making it more like a bullcharge, HR really needs an effect like that in the new pvp meta and almost every class has one.

Thx for keeping us updated @amenar
  • Options

No to any kind of base damage increase. GF went from being tanks to being HDPS in one patch. The forums will just be filled with Nerf HR posts the first week of Mod 10 and they will be nerfed to uselessness for real.

if you dont think HR is useless in PvP i want to know your secret. because as it stands I can only take on casual gamers. anyone else simply laughs at my damage.
    +1
    agreed cant do anything to actual pvp players only casual pvp'ers
  • Options
    krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    A ~25% cooldown reduction to all our powers and 50% for the cooldown of charge refill, this will help all threes indiscriminately, which is where we need go for to fullfill our diversification build goal.
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • Options
    maggiethehunt#5123 maggiethehunt Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    +1 @krondhor
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    BUG: jumping/moving and then casting Hawk Shot in the air causes the power to fire and go on cooldown but not hit the target.

BUG: Cordon of Arrows DOES NOT CRIT if you are roughly more than 50'-60' away from the cordon object.

I tested the above with 106.5% crit chance, so no RNG involved. Once you get within a certain range it'll start critting but after you reach about 50'-60' away from the target when you fire cordon, it won't crit.

[23:43] [Combat (Self)] Your Cordon of Arrows deals 33222 (23396) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.
    [23:45] [Combat (Self)] Your Cordon of Arrows deals 22433 (21993) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.
    [23:46] [Combat (Self)] Your Cordon of Arrows deals 30263 (21312) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.
    [23:46] [Combat (Self)] Your Cordon of Arrows deals 34472 (24276) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.
    [23:46] [Combat (Self)] Your Cordon of Arrows deals 21662 (21237) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.
    Post edited by ralexinor on
  • Options
    deathdealerseradeathdealersera Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    BUG:

Serpent's Bite: When used in combination with Offhand Buff "Aspect of Serpent" + Class Feature Slotted in, it gives all opponents and team members permanent buff "Melee (Cross Swords) buff" which buffs the damage of your opponents. This is game breaking and hence makes it a Risky feat to use unless fixed.

A similar issue can be found with Deft Strikes, but the more game breaking issue is that the Trapper HR who has this Feat ends up having permanent Melee + Ranged Buff. I have not tested the damage output. But regardless, of this being a Visual Bug or an actual issue, must be Fixed.

TR + HR + OP + SW
    Nikostratos

• Options
    van1kvan1k Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    ralexinor said:

BUG: Cordon of Arrows DOES NOT CRIT if you are roughly more than 50'-60' away from the cordon object.

I tested the above with 106.5% crit chance, so no RNG involved. Once you get within a certain range it'll start critting but after you reach about 50'-60' away from the target when you fire cordon, it won't crit.

It is true, i tested it once with ~90% crit chance and never seen crits. I was thinking iam so unlucky, but I knew it couldnt be true :)

This bug should be fixed! Archery tree wont be strong without crits (this encounter one of the most popular encounters for archers).
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

Stop proposing recovery to compensate. @treeclimber you have no idea how to proplerly gear a Trapper. For PvE We should only reach RI by running aggersion insignias, using the lol set, and one other artifact with arm pen. Boon 3% RI is helpful as well. All HRs should use Azure, Radiant, or Brutals depending which of those you stack on your companion. Guild Power Boon is BiS. Last but not least you should be running Mastercraft Raid Gear. Every piece is Power, and Crit. Now for PvPers sure most have more Arm Pen but that's because the gear choices provide it by default and majority switch to the Axe Beak and Guild Arm Pen Boon. So to say everyone should sacrifice Arm Pen can't especially PVE. For example, mine is 60% RI this with 34k Power and 15.8k Crit 1.6k Recovery. So I hope you or the devs are going to pay for what some of us have spent in our Mastercraft gear. Like I said though you see ppl running overly high RI because of a Guild Arm Pen Boon or a Mount. Last I checked there's no Recovery Boon and who can afford the Disk? Not many plus those are Bonuses, and should not even be considered or taken into account as normal gearing and functionality as the Trapper.

I can't gear properlly hahahaha.......wait hahaha, you are just a crying baby that spend a lot of AD gearing a char and now wont accept a change to the game you feel comfortable with.
    On live now we have trappers playing ranged that can make archers look like babies drowling on a table, those rotations are 100% for sure not intended or balanced, many other rotations still work on preview it seems more than reasonable that if you want to make something that was not suposed to happen you have to pay a price to make it happen, face it SotF is not going back to what it was, increasing recovery effectivness would make some rotations more fluid than now, and some of them work with much less recovery investment. Go on preview try trapper damage against archer, marginally diferent, investing 2k in recovery intead power wont hurt your little hunter much, and if you really dont wat to stack recovery just stick to the rotations that still work and fill the gaps with at-wills. The change would be good for everyone because SotF will stay as it is, if you have shapped your mind into power build, that's your problem.

• Options
    maggiethehunt#5123 maggiethehunt Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    @treesclimber ,do you play on xbox one?if you play only on pc ,can tou give me a screenshot of your HR pls?
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    Please focus only on feedback .Amenar has said adjustments will be made to keep the trapper playstyle I believe him. let us test and note what's happening. then get our feed back in so we can be a great HR over all. The trolls are in full force with there own agenda . As I have said normally there are around 10 to 15 regular HR on wilds forum and now we are seeing a lot more post and many who no longer play the game and bear NW IL will or are other classes that don't even play HR. Don't let them distract us from working with Amenar so we win in the end.
  • Options
    alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @treeclimber I see no compelling argument about what I said and you wanna trash go ahead. None of the gear provides Recovery that's effective offensively. There's no "filling the gap" Recovery combined with SoTF doesn't communicate with recovery it may reflect it on the tool tip themselves, but take a stop watch and time it. You will notice no difference running with Recovery and without. If they can't rebuild the feat to how it was they are wasting BiS gear and the point to run it. As I have stated you claim HRs just have Arm Pen to throw around. Typically that comes from boons, and mounts. The lol set provides it as well. I'm sorry if you do not agree but we should be able to build our characters around the current BiS gear that a lot of us have worked our butt off to build, or wear atleast Dragon Flight. Have you even actually looked at the gear we are actually provided with to build Recovery? Bet you don't even have a HR because if you did you wouldnt be requesting this change. Letme if you do I'll give you some pointers on how to gear correctly...maybe :)
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    A suggested fix for the dread enchantment to compensate for the nerf to Swiftness: In pve, adds half of its increase in crit severity to at-wills and dailies (i.e. 37.5% at transcendent level). In pvp, deals a 300% burst of main hand weapon damage with every hit instead of 50% of weapon damage each second for four seconds. The reason for the increase is that the HR off-hand accounts for about 40% of total weapon damage but is not included in the calculation of thorned roots damage. And sorry devs, but your explanation for this isn't very good. So, I'm guessing it isn't included in the main hand's enchantment damage either, and in pvp we need this boost and many others.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

A suggested fix for the dread enchantment to compensate for the nerf to Swiftness: In pve, adds half of its increase in crit severity to at-wills and dailies (i.e. 37.5% at transcendent level). In pvp, deals a 300% burst of main hand weapon damage with every hit instead of 50% of weapon damage each second for four seconds. The reason for the increase is that the HR off-hand accounts for about 40% of total weapon damage but is not included in the calculation of thorned roots damage. And sorry devs, but your explanation for this isn't very good. So, I'm guessing it isn't included in the main hand's enchantment damage either, and in pvp we need this boost and many others.

a change to an enchantment to buff a class is not exactly what i consider "helping HR performances". Please get real. Thje class need changes, the enchantment is already good.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    landelmer said:

@defiantone99

Since I am on XB1 all I can do is keep up with this thread and try to remind everyone that the 2 console platforms are not adequately represented in this forum. In addition, the Devs are using this forum as a basis for change. Also why do we have an outspoken, admitted former, customer that is able to push her changes through over the objections of the current customers?These changes will not just affect the PC customers, these changes will have unintended consequences, good or bad across 3 platforms.

I personally just want to preserve what myself and others invested in over the course of this product. The HR Trapper is my main and I do not want to see it destroyed over greed, bias, or selfish PvP agendas. I was perfectly happy with the performance of the HR Trapper and understood in the right hands it can do a considerable amount of damage. Also I understand the HR is not a stand alone DPS machine, it is a support DPS and control character. Dungeons and Dragons is not about soloing it is about teamwork, strategy, and imagination. If you balance this game based on PvP you will ruin the synergy of D&D.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. The PC players seem to forget that this game, when released on the Xbox, had the Trapper as the only class where it was known you could play without cool downs, when played well.

I picked this class as at the time all the talk on the internet was that is was rubbish, people were kicked all the time from runs and it really had a bad name but there were a few who mastered the class and I could see its potential.

From day one some of us have played and main'd the Trapper class and now for well over a year we have mastered it, with all its faults and all its bugs. But the fact was this was the only class you could play with reduced damaged (compared to other classes) but constantly, with no cool downs... Obviously when you get to the right level etc.

@amenar This really needs to be taken into consideration as over a year game-play playing with this specific class, for the very reason it has no cool downs, is an extremely long time... And the game was released this way, with nothing to say it was broken or should not have 0 cool downs. It was a well known fact this was the class to play for this.

When considering how to deal with all this please just think about the brand of player, there are quite a few of us, who play this specific way. Honestly if you nerfed the damage of the Trapper (PvP players would not like this) but gave the ability for 0 cool downs I would be happy, no other change to the Hunter Ranger bothers me in the slightest.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I think most of the ones posting really good ideas gave up on this thread already, the best one was suggested back in the first pages, and even though I didn't like the idea of nerfing SotF, I have to admit that's the best solution for a balanced HR, because that way our base damage can be increased by a fair amount, so every skill can get a huge buff without making the Trapper the one and only build for a whole class, an HR in which you can play differently for a change, not just going Pathfinder Trapper either you want to PvE or PvP.

HR is the only class in the game that has only one viable paragon tree, not saying one build because ppl will start saying a no-brainer like "my build is completely different coz I have 5-15 pts in Combat", plz...
This discussion has been closed.