test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger changes

Comments

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

As we didn't see some of the updates, I will be talking about the first storm king's patch (a.3).

Feedback

Suggestions:

// Aspect of the Serpent : %3 damage increase per rank could be increased to %5 per rank.

// Binding Arrow : Damage can be increased %100 in order to give Hunters a burst damage dealer on a single target.

// Predator : A secondary effect can be added to this skill. Targets affected by AoE powers will get the debuff as well but only 1 of them will remain at one of the targets after the target is hit:smile:

// Master Trapper: While this buff is active, Deft Strike could be stacked up to 3 times, so if properly used, the next hit after changing stance will have a better damage. (%30 , up from %10).

// Battlehoned : I would love to be positive about this skill, but this feature needs to be reworked as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading.

I liked your ideas, increasing Aots justifies the investment in recovery after swiftness nerf, but that would only be appliable on the feat and also some counter parts (feat boost from archery and combat tree) would have to be done to justify hybrid builds. Your sugestion on Master trapper and deft strikes seems a bit too strong.

• Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    I use CA all the time it generally will not lag us out in DF unless another class certain powers are used, Then the mix causes lag I don't think its a lag causer until other buffs are mixed in so before messing with Ca I would like to see exclusive test for bug determination, I Have been studying Act logs trying to figure out what mix is causing lag but its not always there soo its hard to do
    Fab might be some help there

note glad we are back on track here we have a lot to get done before HR goes live

• Options
    hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    • Twin Blade Storm: Any time you hit more than 2 enemies, deal an additional 4% damage. +4% each rank.
    Even though it looks good a good feat, it's really underpowered.
    Twin Blade Storm does not buff DOTs damage, such as roots, Plant Growth... Which is not great considering how much HR's damage comes from DOTs.
    Also powers like Cold Steel Hurricane and Split the Sky don't hit 2 targets at the same time meaning that they get nothing out of it.
    When it comes down to how many powers this feat fully affects, the list is pretty short.
    It will proc on the initial hit from most AOE powers like Constricting Arrow but that's about it.

Changing this power to a straight buff to AOE powers damage (similar to CW Evocation (and pls don't linch me, I'm not a CW hater)) could help all the HR paths achieve a better performance by having a more "easy to use - damage buffing" class feature.
    Combat and Archery tree would also have a more reliable alternative to Serpent for buffing their damage by not requiring them to do stance switches.
    This would also help on singe target damage, because HR will, most likely, still use AOE powers even on boss fights - like ROA, Plant Grouth....

Edit:
    This could also help a lot on PVP ('m not a PVP player so if what I'm saying is wrong just disregard it).
    I'm not familiar with the PVP power rotation, but I'm pretty sure they use AOE powers for single target damage (like Constricting Arrow, Fox Shift).
    This change would open the possibility for Storm Warden HR PVP builds for more "Burst" DPS, as an alternative to Pathfinder.
    Post edited by hypergorila2 on
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    What Archer or Combat HR in their right mind would slot AotS? Certainly not an Archer and, as a Combat HR myself, I would never use AotS. I try to maximise Blade Storm so I stay in melee stance most of the time, only switching when ranged encounters are off CD. Running with AotS as Combat seems counter-productive.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User

As we didn't see some of the updates, I will be talking about the first storm king's patch (a.3).

Feedback

//Forest Ghost : Nice to have it multiprocced at single targets:smile:

//Gushing Wound : This skill is now a killer at 2.5 to 3.2k IL, so thanks for that:smiley:

//Rain of Arrows: Truly positive changes:smile:

//Plant Growth: It is nice to see it proc (not yet seen btw) blade strom with initial strike, yet it would be better to have the chance to proc with every hi:smile:

//Binding Arrow : I'll wait for Thorned Roots to proc agai:neutral:

//Oak Skin : Didn't actually see the result of the testing, yet if it's true %15 damage reduction is nice.:smiley:

// Hawk Shot/ Hawk Eye : Hawk Shot improvements are welcomed for someone who is used to be an archer(who is used to fight at distance), yet some little bit reduction to the animation time would be welcomed:smile: Hawk Eye still seems to be buggy as far as the tests suggest:neutral:

// At-Wills : They are not yet implemented,yet %50 or %30 damage increase to a very powerless power will not make it a better power as the mathematics suggest:neutral:

// Cooldown Reductions : Base cooldown reductions are welcome:smile:

// Overall Feedback : Little, yet positive tweaks. I couldn't see anything that is in the patch notes that makes HR a lesser Damage Dealer, the improvements are small to every power, yet are also welcome:smiley:

Suggestions:

// Aspect of the Serpent : %3 damage increase per rank could be increased to %5 per rank.

// Binding Arrow : Damage can be increased %100 in order to give Hunters a burst damage dealer on a single target.

// Predator : A secondary effect can be added to this skill. Targets affected by AoE powers will get the debuff as well but only 1 of them will remain at one of the targets after the target is hit:smile:

// Master Trapper: While this buff is active, Deft Strike could be stacked up to 3 times, so if properly used, the next hit after changing stance will have a better damage. (%30 , up from %10).

// Battlehoned : I would love to be positive about this skill, but this feature needs to be reworked as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading.

oak skin: do you think they will put how much defense is given on the skill tooltip, i think the healing from oak skin is still underperforming consider people have 90k-110k health but 6.4k healing should b fine for now:smile:
    why talk about a tr skill "deft strike" would like to hear your response if you don't mind as to the details.
    need more skills that will apply strong or weak grasping roots, to give the hr trapper more viable encounters and give range some more as well as roots help rangers stay away from enemies.
    forest ghost needs less to no animation, so many times i have died trying to use it.
  • Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User

-Battlehoned is underperforming, 400 regen has to be upped with some thing else, it is no longer viable in a fight.

-Careful Attack is best to be changed in one cast debuff of some %, as for now in bigger raids it tends to lag hard, due to the "bleed" effect when everybody hits the target.

-Twin blade storm needs rework, let us be cabable of using both storm blade and twin blade storm with good efficiency against multiple mobs. It not having post-damage abilities, makes it a quite undesirable power compared to the AotS and Blade Storm combo, as i see it Blade Storm and Twin blade storm Should be the max straight DPS buff against multiple foes.

-Nature's enhancement needs a buff to be anyway viable in current gameplay

-Also some other feats need to be looked at and brought up to date. Ex. Threat reduction, dps buffs to Dailys

-Remove the PVP halving parameters from the trees and lets see how it will affect our PVP at this stage of the game.

Permarotating a full trapper is about skill and kwoledge of different encounter rotations, if you lack it you end up failing to produce it. It does not mean that Swiftness should stay as a multiprocing feat.

When making balances, changes come first then testing then feedback then tweaking and so on.

Currently waiting for the new patch to test, how much actually a full trapper with high crit will have to compensate for recovery, i bet its quite little.
    If we cant get reco without sacrificing DPS, im pretty sure that the ACT logs provided by HR players will show to the devs how much we need a boost for DPS in our trees to stay viable.

This balancing is ongoing, over mod 10 to the future, the major tweaks are done before it, so we still can run content without a total underachiever of a dps class.

If you think balance is done by savoring broken mechanics and just howling for changes without testing them, i wonder how much u really care about this game performing as a whole.

Every single HR player with brains knew the Swiftness was gonna get fixed sooner or later. Come on peole 0 CDs all the time with just feats? if that aint broken what is. And now the devs have to really rethink giving us the dps boost, cos we have no more permarotating class after this unless we dip into recovery witch will eat some of our stats.

But that is a better way of making things go in the right direction, than building a class balance around a broken mechanic.

Life will find a way.

• Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited July 2016

-Careful Attack is best to be changed in one cast debuff of some %, as for now in bigger raids it tends to lag hard, due to the "bleed" effect when everybody hits the target.

There is no reason to remove the triggered attack from Careful Attack. Just change it the way the Prism or Astral Seal or other lag bombs were changed - limit it to party members. However, CA doesn't seem to cause a problem until there are over 30 players around or waaaaaaaaaaaay too many HRs (I was on an all-HR Tiamat), so maybe just keeping it from stacking with itself is the answer. Whoever applies it first gets the credit in combat tracker.

I am losing confidence in the devs with this. They obviously weren't familiar with the class before coming to this project, they obviously hadn't taken the community's experience and input into account, their 'internal HRs' plainly have no experience with the class and no understanding of it, and when we needed large buffs we're getting crippling nerfs. It makes no sense at all.
    Post edited by feanor70118 on
  • Options
    edited July 2016

oak skin: do you think they will put how much defense is given on the skill tooltip, i think the healing from oak skin is still underperforming consider people have 90k-110k health but 6.4k healing should b fine for now:smile:

I disagree. Through mod 5, Oak Skin was the encounter that kept archery HRs alive in pvp. Even with healing depression, it healed most of our HP. It should do so again or be replaced with the kind of large burst damage we have needed in pvp since the introdcution of mod 6. The devs' failure to buff Oak Skin when the huge, stupid HP creep of mod 6 was introduced is emblematic of how little attention they have paid to the HR class. Either make it as meaningful as it was or replace it. Leaving it as is means that it will continue to be utterly useless and no one with more than ten brain cells will slot it.

• Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    The new lightning enchant seems to fill the void just perfectly.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

-Battlehoned is underperforming, 400 regen has to be upped with some thing else, it is no longer viable in a fight.

-Twin blade storm needs rework, let us be cabable of using both storm blade and twin blade storm with good efficiency against multiple mobs. It not having post-damage abilities, makes it a quite undesirable power compared to the AotS and Blade Storm combo, as i see it Blade Storm and Twin blade storm Should be the max straight DPS buff against multiple foes.

-Also some other feats need to be looked at and brought up to date. Ex. Threat reduction, dps buffs to Dailys

-Remove the PVP halving parameters from the trees and lets see how it will affect our PVP at this stage of the game.

Permarotating a full trapper is about skill and kwoledge of different encounter rotations, if you lack it you end up failing to produce it. It does not mean that Swiftness should stay as a multiprocing feat.

When making balances, changes come first then testing then feedback then tweaking and so on.

Currently waiting for the new patch to test, how much actually a full trapper with high crit will have to compensate for recovery, i bet its quite little.
    If we cant get reco without sacrificing DPS, im pretty sure that the ACT logs provided by HR players will show to the devs how much we need a boost for DPS in our trees to stay viable.

This balancing is ongoing, over mod 10 to the future, the major tweaks are done before it, so we still can run content without a total underachiever of a dps class.

If you think balance is done by savoring broken mechanics and just howling for changes without testing them, i wonder how much u really care about this game performing as a whole.

Every single HR player with brains knew the Swiftness was gonna get fixed sooner or later. Come on peole 0 CDs all the time with just feats? if that aint broken what is. And now the devs have to really rethink giving us the dps boost, cos we have no more permarotating class after this unless we dip into recovery witch will eat some of our stats.

But that is a better way of making things go in the right direction, than building a class balance around a broken mechanic.

Life will find a way.

I hope you are right but let’s face it experience from beta until now is not exactly promising.

Once a change to the worse has been implemented it will not be reversed, examples of that is overwhelming.
    Extreme bugs have been reported for 3-4 weeks on preview(and we are talking about game breaking bugs like Tr one shotting dragons, Hrs that can’t be killed, Cws that obliterates everything etc etc) only to hit live with devs expressing their total surprise not even aware of the bugs.

I have been playing since beta even if very much less so since module 8-9, and in every expansion i been on preview testing stuff out and I cannot with the best will in the world tell that the devs have payed much attention to the feedback.
    I would more put it like totally ignoring is closer to the truth.

This might be different but I will not hold my breath on it. (i can admit that it’s the first time I seen a dev as active as this time).

If the pattern will repeat itself this will end up with Trapper getting nerfed and the little buffs that archery, combat will get won't make them playable either leaving the Hr class with no valid options left at all.

THIS is what people are afraid of and trust me on this they have a good reason to be if you look to earlier experiences.

I hope for the best I really do and helping the devs out with actual testing of changes is ofc the only way to move from now on,
    BUT understand that the ones that are scared that the Hr class will be more or less destroyed have good reason to be scared.

• Options
    jokeey#0578 jokeey Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Let's just face the hr is going to be pants taking away shift the hr is dead.. I'm a trapper build love it so much fun and you have to be on point with the rotation. I've already started a cw lol just in case. Its a shame though it's the only class I like out off all of them finally get to a 3200k and its not been worth it now
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I disagree. Through mod 5, Oak Skin was the encounter that kept archery HRs alive in pvp. Even with healing depression, it healed most of our HP. It should do so again or be replaced with the kind of large burst damage we have needed in pvp since the introdcution of mod 6. The devs' failure to buff Oak Skin when the huge, stupid HP creep of mod 6 was introduced is emblematic of how little attention they have paid to the HR class. Either make it as meaningful as it was or replace it. Leaving it as is means that it will continue to be utterly useless and no one with more than ten brain cells will slot it.

i guess.
    with this huge health boost theirs more health to heal and enemies hit harder so we need better healing. a dc or op usually is enough, but when your not close enough to receive heals, my oak skin helps me out. i only say the oak skin should get better healing based upon how much health players have, though it does heal well for now; so it doesn't need a change at the moment. only time will tell if the healing is good enough.
    .....maybe have oak skin buff last longer so the healing and defense gained will last longer, though if they did that the cooldown would have to be increase and i don't think we want that.
    i don't agree with changing the skill to do damage, i like the heal/defense boost though still not sure how much defense we are getting.
    if it was to change, what kind of encounter do you think it would become?
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Getting super anxious and impatient. Want to test all these changes so bad.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

To which I'd add:

- Oak Skin healing is still completely meaningless. It should be buffed to heal no less than 50% of max HP on use.

- Remove or severely cut (75%) the animation of Forest Ghost

- Halve the animations of Gushing Wound, Cordon Of Arrows, Rain Of Swords and Commanding Shot

- HR damage and control are so entirely pathetic in pvp that getting rid of the halving parameters is essential. Thanks for bringing it up.

- The five-target caps on control abilities hurt damage for no good reason, but more importantly they hurt survivability. Remember how in mod 6 you have trash mobs the ability to one-shot players for no good reason? Well, if we can't do AoE control on all surrounding mobs, we're just going to die. For no good reason.

- CW and DC have artifact sets made just for them. The AP gain from most artifact sets benefits all class except, really, HR. We need our own artifact equipment set with higher AC, power, armor pen and, say, crit or stamina gain. Reallocating the stats and bonuses in Seldarine or Lathander (the ones that no one wears) would do it.

- Undo the nerf to the range of Marauder's Rush. Undo it now. Undo it and never think about it again. HRs have two gap closers: Marauder's Rush and Slasher's Mark. Slasher's Mark is not useful in pvp. Marauder's Rush, on the other hand, is essential to closing with CWs who have repel slotted. The cooldown of Repel is so short that, in fact, even an 80' lunge is not enough one on one. The nerf makes it futile for HRs to try to take a node from a repelbot.

- I'm not (yet) among those who are hugely upset by the nerf to Swiftness, but doing it without concurrently announcing major changes to make up for it (across the board encounter and charge refill cooldown reductions, major buffs to encounter powers, at wills and stamina gain) is irresponsible, to put it kindly. This kind of "nerf now, get around to compensating for it months later" behavior is what upset players after the removal of AD from leadership and many, many other examples.

There's another point of view that hasn't been presented here regarding Swiftness of the Fox. If it's the reason that Trapper is outperforming the other two trees, then there's no reason to take it away from Trapper or nerf it. Just give it to the other trees as well. I don't agree that being able to spam encounters with no cooldown is, by definition, broken. It's just a different play style. You don't like it? Play something else. It would be broken if we were GF with its completely absurd burst damage, but we aren't.

I also reject the idea that we should be the only virtuous, non-broken class in pvp other than SW.

DC healing is broken. Paladin tankiness is broken. GF damage is broken (the nerf to Knight's Challenge only reduces it from ludicrous to ridiculous). GWF damage and tankiness are broken. TR damage and tankiness are broken. CW control ignoring 2/3 of tenacity is broken. Righteous DC damage is broken (few of those as there are). I'm content with being broken too if it's the only way to be competitive (and right now, we're far from it). I'd rather pvp actually made sense and the classes were all at parity, but it seems like 'broken' is now a meaningless term that really means, "I don't like the way this is coded and have therefore labeled it in such a way as to make it seem evil." Being non-broken, the way things are, means that we'll still be non-competitive in pvp. Two years of that has been bad enough. I'm sick of it.
    Post edited by feanor70118 on
  • Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    SotF is not a broken mechanic that is your opinion based on other peoples' assumptions. Don't start up the trash talk again, thanks!

pointing out broken mechanics is not trash talk, get a grip.

You are assuming i lean on someone elses opinion, i dont, i have very well made up my own opinion not leaning to anyone, if you have read the tooltip of Swiftness, its not correctly working in live as it should, i too have reported the bug several times like ralexinor.

Fixing things does not mean they will be left alone after that, because the fix itself might criple some viability, but the balance to it comes from somewhere else. My goodness there are some thick headed folks here.

You really think bad implements wont be changed back, they changed back Steel Breeze, didnt they.

God, this thread is full of people who seriously dont understand, that the major balance tweaks arent even up until mod 10 comes and they continue to tweak the classes after that little by little.

Are some of you so blind that you actually dont know what balancing means in a game, when broken/bugged or under/overperfoming powers are fixed, the time between when a balancing starts and the final product, a class may be overpovered or nerfed and on those basis, thru gamers, devs will find a balanced class with our feedback supported by solid testing.

Back to waiting the patch, seems no reason to come to this hysteria filled thread before its up and tested.

• Options

To which I'd add:

- Oak Skin healing is still completely meaningless. It should be buffed to heal no less than 50% of max HP on use.

- Halve the animations of Gushing Wound, Cordon Of Arrows, Rain Of Swords and Commanding Shot

- HR damage and control are so entirely pathetic in pvp that getting rid of the halving parameters is essential. Thanks for bringing it up.

- CW and DC have artifact sets made just for them. The AP gain from most artifact sets benefits all class except, really, HR. We need our own artifact equipment set with higher AC, power, armor pen and, say, crit or stamina gain. Reallocating the stats and bonuses in Seldarine or Lathander (the ones that no one wears) would do it.

- Undo the nerf to the range of Marauder's Rush. Undo it now. Undo it and never think about it again. HRs have two gap closers: Marauder's Rush and Slasher's Mark. Slasher's Mark is not useful in pvp. Marauder's Rush, on the other hand, is essential to closing with CWs who have repel slotted. The cooldown of Repel is so short that, in fact, even an 80' lunge is not enough one on one. The nerf makes it futile for HRs to try to take a node from a repelbot.

- I'm not (yet) among those who are hugely upset by the nerf to Swiftness, but doing it without concurrently announcing major changes to make up for it (across the board encounter and charge refill cooldown reductions, major buffs to encounter powers, at wills and stamina gain) is irresponsible, to put it kindly. This kind of nerf now, get around to compensating for it three months later behavior it what upset players after the removal of AD from leadership and many, many other examples.

There's another point of view that hasn't been presented here regarding Swiftness of the Fox. If it's the reason that Trapper is outperforming the other two trees, then there's no reason to take it away from Trapper or nerf it. Just give it to the other trees as well. I don't agree that being able to spam encounters with no cooldown is, by definition, broken. It's just a different play style. You don't like it? Play something else. It would be broken if we were GF with its completely absurd burst damage, but we aren't.

I also reject the idea that we should be the only virtuous, non-broken class in pvp other than SW.

DC healing is broken. Paladin tankiness is broken. GF damage is broken (the nerf to Knight's Challenge only reduces it from ludicrous to ridiculous). GWF damage and tankiness are broken. TR damage and tankiness are broken. CW control ignoring 2/3 of tenacity is broken. Righteous DC damage is broken (few of those as there are). I'm content with being broken too if it's the only way to be competitive (and right now, we're far from it). I'd rather pvp actually made sense and the classes were all at parity, but it seems like 'broken' is now a meaningless term that really means, "I don't like the way this is coded and have therefore labeled it in such a way as to make it seem evil." Being non-broken, the way things are, means that we'll still be non-competitive in pvp. Two years of that has been bad enough. I'm sick of it.
    wont comment on much
    oak skin-shouldn't heal a lot cause of its low cooldown though it doesn't last long and that's good too. get it to 10k or higher in base healing, increase the threat generation of oak skin since you are buffing the healing it needs to have more threat generation.
    hr control-as i have said a couple of times best way to fix control is to have the dots they apply work on the immune target and increase the damage for it being immune to the cc, as for pvp sine the target is not immune but being resistant to it best way to fix roots for archery and combat is to increase how long the roots last or change how roots are being affected by tenacity or something not really sure as to how to fix pvp that well.
    hr damage-make a feat or something for the archery and combat tree, for trapper just change thorned roots to stay on the target even if the roots are gone for as long as thorned roots is suppose to last for your character.
    ...thorned roots duration is increased based on control bonus cause, not sure if this is intended, but it makes sense how it works though game mechanic wise, since thorned roots is in fact a control and dot, and since control bonus isn't widely used theirs no need to force people to slot stats for it, same for recovery don't force players to slot the stat unless they want more recovery. now its ok to have every play have recovery as all hr's do, but if we need more just to spam encounters then that isnt quite right. (in my opinion)

i agree with everything else though as to changes mentioned.
  • Options
    landelmerlandelmer Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2016

SotF is not a broken mechanic that is your opinion based on other peoples' assumptions. Don't start up the trash talk again, thanks!

pointing out broken mechanics is not trash talk, get a grip.

You are assuming i lean on someone elses opinion, i dont, i have very well made up my own opinion not leaning to anyone, if you have read the tooltip of Swiftness, its not correctly working in live as it should, i too have reported the bug several times like ralexinor.

Fixing things does not mean they will be left alone after that, because the fix itself might criple some viability, but the balance to it comes from somewhere else. My goodness there are some thick headed folks here.

You really think bad implements wont be changed back, they changed back Steel Breeze, didnt they.

God, this thread is full of people who seriously dont understand, that the major balance tweaks arent even up until mod 10 comes and they continue to tweak the classes after that little by little.

Are some of you so blind that you actually dont know what balancing means in a game, when broken/bugged or under/overperfoming powers are fixed, the time between when a balancing starts and the final product, a class may be overpovered or nerfed and on those basis, thru gamers, devs will find a balanced class with our feedback supported by solid testing.

Back to waiting the patch, seems no reason to come to this hysteria filled thread before its up and tested.

I now understand you are the Neverwinter god, all knowing, omnipotent, and infallible. . .

Where were you when the XB1 was directly lied to by Cryptic over the wards? Where were you when the OP was Nerfed into uselessness? Where were you when Cryptic finally reset the XB1 bug that caused the Tia hoard bonus to reset daily for months?

I have been around long enough to not wait for hope. When Cryptic starts balancing things based on a person's opinion that uninstalled Neverwinter a month ago I see the handwriting on the wall. When @amenar makes changes again (SotF) that will destroy a play style that real consumers enjoy what do you expect? I guess you will be happy when bad business decisions make more customers leave.

Where will Neverwinter be when people stop playing? Cryptic is not offering a charity here, they are making a profit. When that stops Neverwinter will be shut down.

So watch what you wish for. The people that are upset have a reason to be upset based on Cryptic's past actions. When they upset the rest of us with a NERF disguised as a buff and we leave then what? Don't underestimate the impact of additional bad word of mouth if we are lied to again.

Never mind you will have your ego to comfort you when Neverwinter is gone lmao!
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited July 2016

To which I'd add:

- I'm not (yet) among those who are hugely upset by the nerf to Swiftness, but doing it without concurrently announcing major changes to make up for it (across the board encounter and charge refill cooldown reductions, major buffs to encounter powers, at wills and stamina gain) is irresponsible, to put it kindly. This kind of "nerf now, get around to compensating for it months later" behavior is what upset players after the removal of AD from leadership and many, many other examples.

Spamming encounter with no cooldown is broken. Period. it defeat the whole purpose of cooldown itself. If HR is entitled to no cooldown spamming, why not just make all HR encounter powers into At-will in the 1st place? Since u suggest to give it to other tree as well?

This is why i mean to fix the bug and start working from there. Giving it to other tree will make HR evolve around a broken mechanic and sink HR into a more broken class.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Eh, I'd be fine w/ seeing the Trapper become more like a CW using Spell Twisting, when it comes to frequency of encounters used. If slotting 4 attack encounters (not Shield) and w/ ST, even CW's still have downtime where they have to use At-wills, and ofc they still do fine and still fire of encounters quite more often than most other classes.

Cross-path compensation that Trappers can still take adv of is pretty much inevitable, as otherwise buffing all Archery and Combat-specific Feats to be competitive would require boosting them by an uncanny amount. So if ya dun want Trappers to end up in the dust after the nerf_fix (w/e ya want to call it) to SotF, then join Combat and Archery in advocating for more base dps buffs to At-wills, encounters, and dailies.

Because its one of the few things of note I could contribute atm, spot-checking various At-wills, encounters, and dailies for some of my 2.6-2.7k gear classes on the PTS atm:

2.66k PF/Trapper HR (13.8k Power, 4.3k Recovery): 2k Rapid Shot, 1.1k Rapid Strike, 7.4k Split Shot, 1.9k Split Strike, 14.5k Aimed Shot, 11.6k Aimed Strike. (also, from a 2.6k SWarden/Archery HR: 1.9k Electric Shot, 1k Clear the Ground)

3.9k Boar Charge (12.9sec), 11.6k Hawk Shot (12.1sec), 5.1k Constricting Arrow (14.5sec), 3.1k Steel Breeze (~12.5sec), 4.4k Thorn Strike (11.3sec). 4.7k Hindering Shot (~12.5sec), 3.9k Hindering Strike (12.1sec), 14.3k Cordon of Arrows (~16.5sec), 26k Plant Growth (20.2sec), ~30k Rain of Arrows (12 ticks, 12.9sec), 7.1k Commanding Shot (12.9sec), 4.8k Maurader's Rush (11.3sec), 5k Bear Trap (~12.5sec), 5.1k Binding Arrow (14.5sec), ~33k Thorn Ward (13 hits, 17.8sec).

18k Seismic Shot, 13.2k Slasher's Mark, 17.6k Disrupting Shot (4x tooltip dmg, for 100% AP used).

2.65k MoF/Thaum CW (13.7k Power, 4.4k Recovery): 1.7k Magic Missile, 1.4k Chilling Cloud, 3.6k Scorching Burst.

9.9k Chill Strike (9.4sec), ~17.3k Disintegrate (halved dmg for the tooltip bug, 5sec), 7.6k Steal Time (11.3sec), 16.5k Fanning the Flame (13.9sec), 7.4k Entangling Force (8.8sec), 9k Ray of Enfeeblement (11.3sec), 6.6k Icy Rays (12.6sec), 5.4k Conduit of Ice (all 6 ticks, 8.2sec), 6.7k Repel (6.9sec).

33k Ice Knife, 15.6k Ice Storm, 10.6k Oppressive Force.

2.66k SM/Destroyer GWF (15.8k Power, 5.5k Recovery): 2.5k Sure Strike, ~2.8k WMS and Wicked Strike, 10.8k Reaping Strike.

9.8k Restoring Strike (9.2sec), 4.8k Mighty Leap (10.8sec), 13.5k Flourish (10.8sec), 14.8k IBS (10.8sec), 7.6k Hidden Daggers (~9.5sec), 7.1k Takedown (6.1sec), 5.6k Not So Fast (9.2sec).

26.8k Crescendo, 11.3k Slam, 15.6k Savage Advance, 24.2k Spinning Strike.

2.66k Soulbinder/Fury SW (14.6k Power, 3.4k Recovery): 2.8k Hand of Blight, 1.8k Eldritch Blast, 8.2k Dark Spiral Aura.

5k-26.2k Killing Flames (9.4sec), 7.3k Fiery Bolt (9.6sec), 12.9k Soul Scorch (no cd, 6 sparks), 19.3k Warlock's Bargain 11.8sec), 8.9k BotVA (7.4sec cd + 6sec uptime), 14.5k Hadar's Grasp (14.8sec), 7.1k Arms of Hadar (variable cd), 12.9k Wraith's Shadow (7.4sec), 18.3k Harrowstorm (11.8sec), 8.6k Curse Bite (6.6sec).

46.3k Brood of Hadar, 45k Immolation Spirits, 19.4k Accursed Souls.

2.65k WK/Exec TR (14.8k Power, 4.6k Recovery): 3.3k Sky Flourish, 1.8k Cloud of Steel, 2.6k Duelist's Fury, 28k Disheartening Strike.

12.8k Vengeance's Pursuit (9.6se), 10.4k Impact Shot (~9sec), 9.6k Dazing Strike (8sec), 13.3k Lashing Blade (16sec), 8.3k Blitz (9.6sec), 4.9k Wicked Reminder (buff pls, ~4sec), 12.1k Path of the Blade (20sec), 8.5k Deft Strike (11.2sec), ~18.5k Smoke Bomb (8 ticks, 14.4sec).

11.7k Whirlwind of Blades, 19.7k Hateful Knives.

2.59k DO/Righteous DC (12.8k Power, 5.2k Recovery): 2.9k Lance of Faith, 2k Astral Seal, 2.2k Sacred Flame, 10k Brand of the Sun.

4.5k Sunburst (8.6sec), 10k Chains of Blazing Light (11.5sec), 15k Daunting Light (10.1sec), 12k Prophecy of Doom (17.3sec), 10.6k Break the Spirit (8.6sec), 5k Divine Glow (11.5sec), 10.4k Forgemaster's Flame (11.5sec), 7.1k Searing Light (8.6sec).

23.2k Hammer of Fate, 21.7k Flamestrike, 12.7k Guardian of Faith.

2.68k IV/Conqueror GF (10.7k Power, 4.4k Recovery): 6.3k Crushing Surge, 3.3k Cleave, 4k Tide of Iron, 3.4k Threatening Rush.

12.8k Bull Charge (8.8sec). 11k Lunging Strike (8.8sec), 10.7k Enforced Threat (10.3sec), 11.5k Griffon's Wrath (~9.5sec), 28.1k Knee Breaker (10.3sec), 10.8k Frontline Surge (10.3sec), 17.2k Anvil of Doom (11.1sec), 16k Commander's Strike (8.8sec). 11.6k Linebreaker Assault (11.8sec).

19.9k Indomitable Strength, 14.5k Terrifying Impact.

2.64k Prot/Justice OP (10.6k Power, 2.5k Recovery): 3.5k Shielding Strike, 1.2k Radiant Strike, 2k Valorous_Oath Strike.

12.5k Smite (6.8sec), 5.4k Templar's Wrath (10.3sec), 2.9k Divine Touch (buff pls, 6.8sec), ~13k Relentless Avenger (8.2sec), ~4.8k Burning Light (13.7sec).

34.7k Divine Judgement.

... all dmg read or calculated at rank 4 of each attack. No external or self-buffs added.

From what I can see, HRs are very lopsided atm. The standout dps powers are very good, but are a minority: namely CoA, Thorn Ward, Plant Growth, Gushing Wound, and Rain of Arrows (assuming they stand in all_most ticks). Most other attacks are pretty underwhelming for a striker, including the At-wills (Clear the Ground and Elec Arrow from Stromwarden def included). Even then, HR encounter cds are still quite long overall (not much below a 12sec cd for me, and nothing <10sec).

In a sense, HRs overall share the same issue w/ GWFs: most attacks aren't actually very good base dps, but in the case of GWFs, proper Destroyer builds add so many dmg buffs and debuffs on top that they blow past the issue w/ brute force. That 'brute force' for Trappers atm is encounter spam. Can't really say either is great design, and both end up w/ one path being dominant for each class.

-
    On a diff note, what is perhaps wishful thinking for me, atm, is to make all 'control' focused trees like Trapper, Oppressor, and Scoundrel have some CC resist ignore built into their capstones, so they can better realize their control vs. highly resistant mobs, while also not making their control effects too strong vs. targets w/ no resist. And if this is an issue in pvp then that amount could be reduced or null on players.
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

Eh, I'd be fine w/ seeing the Trapper become more like a CW using Spell Twisting, when it comes to frequency of encounters used. If slotting 4 attack encounters (not Shield) and w/ ST, even CW's still have downtime where they have to use At-wills, and ofc they still do fine and still fire of encounters quite more often than most other classes.

Cross-path compensation that Trappers can still take adv of is pretty much inevitable, as otherwise buffing all Archery and Combat-specific Feats to be competitive would require boosting them by an uncanny amount. So if ya dun want Trappers to end up in the dust after the nerf_fix (w/e ya want to call it) to SotF, then join Combat and Archery in advocating for more base dps buffs to At-wills, encounters, and dailies.

Because its one of the few things of note I could contribute atm, spot-checking various At-wills, encounters, and dailies for some of my 2.6-2.7k gear classes on the PTS atm:

2.66k PF/Trapper HR (13.8k Power, 4.3k Recovery): 2k Rapid Shot, 1.1k Rapid Strike, 7.4k Split Shot, 1.9k Split Strike, 14.5k Aimed Shot, 11.6k Aimed Strike. (also, from a 2.6k SWarden/Archery HR: 1.9k Electric Shot, 1k Clear the Ground)

3.9k Boar Charge (12.9sec), 11.6k Hawk Shot (12.1sec), 5.1k Constricting Arrow (14.5sec), 3.1k Steel Breeze (~12.5sec), 4.4k Thorn Strike (11.3sec). 4.7k Hindering Shot (~12.5sec), 3.9k Hindering Strike (12.1sec), 14.3k Cordon of Arrows (~16.5sec), 26k Plant Growth (20.2sec), ~30k Rain of Arrows (12 ticks, 12.9sec), 7.1k Commanding Shot (12.9sec), 4.8k Maurader's Rush (11.3sec), 5k Bear Trap (~12.5sec), 5.1k Binding Arrow (14.5sec), ~33k Thorn Ward (13 hits, 17.8sec).

18k Seismic Shot, 13.2k Slasher's Mark, 17.6k Disrupting Shot (4x tooltip dmg, for 100% AP used).

2.65k MoF/Thaum CW (13.7k Power, 4.4k Recovery): 1.7k Magic Missile, 1.4k Chilling Cloud, 3.6k Scorching Burst.

9.9k Chill Strike (9.4sec), ~17.3k Disintegrate (halved dmg for the tooltip bug, 5sec), 7.6k Steal Time (11.3sec), 16.5k Fanning the Flame (13.9sec), 7.4k Entangling Force (8.8sec), 9k Ray of Enfeeblement (11.3sec), 6.6k Icy Rays (12.6sec), 5.4k Conduit of Ice (all 6 ticks, 8.2sec), 6.7k Repel (6.9sec).

33k Ice Knife, 15.6k Ice Storm, 10.6k Oppressive Force.

2.66k SM/Destroyer GWF (15.8k Power, 5.5k Recovery): 2.5k Sure Strike, ~2.8k WMS and Wicked Strike, 10.8k Reaping Strike.

9.8k Restoring Strike (9.2sec), 4.8k Mighty Leap (10.8sec), 13.5k Flourish (10.8sec), 14.8k IBS (10.8sec), 7.6k Hidden Daggers (~9.5sec), 7.1k Takedown (6.1sec), 5.6k Not So Fast (9.2sec).

26.8k Crescendo, 11.3k Slam, 15.6k Savage Advance, 24.2k Spinning Strike.

2.66k Soulbinder/Fury SW (14.6k Power, 3.4k Recovery): 2.8k Hand of Blight, 1.8k Eldritch Blast, 8.2k Dark Spiral Aura.

5k-26.2k Killing Flames (9.4sec), 7.3k Fiery Bolt (9.6sec), 12.9k Soul Scorch (no cd, 6 sparks), 19.3k Warlock's Bargain 11.8sec), 8.9k BotVA (7.4sec cd + 6sec uptime), 14.5k Hadar's Grasp (14.8sec), 7.1k Arms of Hadar (variable cd), 12.9k Wraith's Shadow (7.4sec), 18.3k Harrowstorm (11.8sec), 8.6k Curse Bite (6.6sec).

46.3k Brood of Hadar, 45k Immolation Spirits, 19.4k Accursed Souls.

2.65k WK/Exec TR (14.8k Power, 4.6k Recovery): 3.3k Sky Flourish, 1.8k Cloud of Steel, 2.6k Duelist's Fury, 28k Disheartening Strike.

12.8k Vengeance's Pursuit (9.6se), 10.4k Impact Shot (~9sec), 9.6k Dazing Strike (8sec), 13.3k Lashing Blade (16sec), 8.3k Blitz (9.6sec), 4.9k Wicked Reminder (buff pls, ~4sec), 12.1k Path of the Blade (20sec), 8.5k Deft Strike (11.2sec), ~18.5k Smoke Bomb (8 ticks, 14.4sec).

11.7k Whirlwind of Blades, 19.7k Hateful Knives.

2.59k DO/Righteous DC (12.8k Power, 5.2k Recovery): 2.9k Lance of Faith, 2k Astral Seal, 2.2k Sacred Flame, 10k Brand of the Sun.

4.5k Sunburst (8.6sec), 10k Chains of Blazing Light (11.5sec), 15k Daunting Light (10.1sec), 12k Prophecy of Doom (17.3sec), 10.6k Break the Spirit (8.6sec), 5k Divine Glow (11.5sec), 10.4k Forgemaster's Flame (11.5sec), 7.1k Searing Light (8.6sec).

23.2k Hammer of Fate, 21.7k Flamestrike, 12.7k Guardian of Faith.

2.68k IV/Conqueror GF (10.7k Power, 4.4k Recovery): 6.3k Crushing Surge, 3.3k Cleave, 4k Tide of Iron, 3.4k Threatening Rush.

12.8k Bull Charge (8.8sec). 11k Lunging Strike (8.8sec), 10.7k Enforced Threat (10.3sec), 11.5k Griffon's Wrath (~9.5sec), 28.1k Knee Breaker (10.3sec), 10.8k Frontline Surge (10.3sec), 17.2k Anvil of Doom (11.1sec), 16k Commander's Strike (8.8sec). 11.6k Linebreaker Assault (11.8sec).

19.9k Indomitable Strength, 14.5k Terrifying Impact.

2.64k Prot/Justice OP (10.6k Power, 2.5k Recovery): 3.5k Shielding Strike, 1.2k Radiant Strike, 2k Valorous_Oath Strike.

12.5k Smite (6.8sec), 5.4k Templar's Wrath (10.3sec), 2.9k Divine Touch (buff pls, 6.8sec), ~13k Relentless Avenger (8.2sec), ~4.8k Burning Light (13.7sec).

34.7k Divine Judgement.

... all dmg read or calculated at rank 4 of each attack. No external or self-buffs added.

From what I can see, HRs are very lopsided atm. The standout dps powers are very good, but are a minority: namely CoA, Thorn Ward, Plant Growth, Gushing Wound, and Rain of Arrows (assuming they stand in all_most ticks). Most other attacks are pretty underwhelming for a striker, including the At-wills (Clear the Ground and Elec Arrow from Stromwarden def included). Even then, HR encounter cds are still quite long overall (not much below a 12sec cd for me, and nothing <10sec).

In a sense, HRs overall share the same issue w/ GWFs: most attacks aren't actually very good base dps, but in the case of GWFs, proper Destroyer builds add so many dmg buffs and debuffs on top that they blow past the issue w/ brute force. That 'brute force' for Trappers atm is encounter spam. Can't really say either is great design, and both end up w/ one path being dominant for each class.

-
    On a diff note, what is perhaps wishful thinking for me, atm, is to make all 'control' focused trees like Trapper, Oppressor, and Scoundrel have some CC resist ignore built into their capstones, so they can better realize their control vs. highly resistant mobs, while also not making their control effects too strong vs. targets w/ no resist. And if this is an issue in pvp then that amount could be reduced or null on players.</p>

comment on a different note
    thier is away to increase control for any control build like trapper and cw and etc. its called control bonus, and for immune targets well everyone is pretty much screwed if their a control build. unless i am wrong i would like to know, knowledge is power.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2016

flowcyto said:

On a diff note, what is perhaps wishful thinking for me, atm, is to make all 'control' focused trees like Trapper, Oppressor, and Scoundrel have some CC resist ignore built into their capstones, so they can better realize their control vs. highly resistant mobs, while also not making their control effects too strong vs. targets w/ no resist. And if this is an issue in pvp then that amount could be reduced or null on players.

comment on a different note
    thier is away to increase control for any control build like trapper and cw and etc. its called control bonus, and for immune targets well everyone is pretty much screwed if their a control build. unless i am wrong i would like to know, knowledge is power.
    Yea I suggested it that way because I don't really think they need more cc strength vs. non-resistant targets, but that's just imo. Both implementations could help vs. CC resistant mobs, which is what I care a bit more about.
    (also, it'd be nice if ya cut out the majority of my quote if ur not replying to that part :p)
  • Options
    kainan777kainan777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Sorry for my English. It’s not my native language.

Changes in Forestbond and Swiftness of the Fox is a HUGE loss for a Trapper. Those feats allowed us to stay competitive against other striker classes. So these rework look like a huge nerf. I agree that bugs need to be fixed but please don’t ruin our playstyle.
    Here some suggestions to make situation better:
    1. Reverse changes of Forestbond and upgrade the tooltip. It should be like «-1/2/3/4/5% cooldown on Weak Grasping Roots, -2/4/6/8/10% cooldows on Strong/Ancient Grasping Roots».
    2. SotF multiproccing was definitely a bug and didn’t worked as intended. But to stay competitive with other classes this power should be enhanced a bit. Like 20% or 25% cooldown reduction at rank 5.
    Besides those feats now we have to stack Recovery to reduce gaps in our rotations. But for that we must sacrifice our offensive stats (Power, Crit, ArmPen) for Recovery. That’s another EXTREME loss in our DPS. So a possible decision here is to let us gain Recharge Speed or Recovery without exchanging offensive stats for it. To do that you may rework some useless feats like Extra Action or Readied Stance.
    Here some options:
    • Make it act like CW’s feat Fight On so it will reduce recharge of encounters. 15-20% at rank 5 would be nice because of our monstrous 15-20 sec CDs.
    • And/or change these feats to give Recovery stat equal to % of our CURRENT power. Like GWF’s feats that give Power equal to % of Defence, Recovery and ArmPen.
    • And/or change these feats to give Recovery stat equal to 100% of our Movement stat. That will allow us to stack Movement with Dark enchantments in Utility and will make Shepherd’s Devotion and Artificer’s Persuation/Artificer’s Influence Insignia Bonuses much more profitable. And ofc that will add more diversity in mount’s Equip Powers for Hunter Ranger.
    This rework would be beneficial for all trees. Extra Action is T5 Heroic feat and Readied Stance is T1 Paragon feat so everyone could get it.

@amenar
    Hope that will help you to find a better solution without harming to our class and playstyle. Thanks.
  • Options
    raisinghelllraisinghelll Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

To which I'd add:

Spamming encounter with no cooldown is broken. Period. it defeat the whole purpose of cooldown itself. If HR is entitled to no cooldown spamming, why not just make all HR encounter powers into At-will in the 1st place? Since u suggest to give it to other tree as well?

This is why i mean to fix the bug and start working from there. Giving it to other tree will make HR evolve around a broken mechanic and sink HR into a more broken class.
    It's not "spamming encounters with no cooldown" There is a cooldown, but it requires conditions and isn't instantaneous all the time. It's also very easy to mess up, ESPECIALLY in PVP. If the case was "Use all your encounter powers in Melee and instantly get your ranged back" Then I'd recommend tweaking, but it's not.

I still don't understand why people are fighting the fact that Devs are trying to make IMPROVEMENTS to a class. Their goal is to target the issues with under performing Archery and Combat paths; focus on that rather than scream at Trappers and their feats if Archery/Combat is what you play, if you even play as an HR.

Bottom line, the class is weak and needs a damage tweak, and only a damage tweak from the Trappers side.

Archery I feel needs feat re-working, same with Combat. I haven't played as a combat, but I played Archery for quite some time and I can easily say it's going to need more than some buffed encounter powers, not even to compete with Trappers, but to compete with all DPS classes.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    kainan777 said:

Changes in Forestbond and Swiftness of the Fox is a HUGE loss for a Trapper. Those feats allowed us to stay competitive against other striker classes. So these rework look like a huge nerf. I agree that bugs need to be fixed but please don’t ruin our playstyle.

1. Reverse changes of Forestbond and upgrade the tooltip. It should be like «-1/2/3/4/5% cooldown on Weak Grasping Roots, -2/4/6/8/10% cooldows on Strong/Ancient Grasping Roots».
    2. SotF multiproccing was definitely a bug and didn’t worked as intended. But to stay competitive with other classes this power should be enhanced a bit. Like 20% or 25% cooldown reduction at rank 5.
    Besides those feats now we have to stack Recovery to reduce gaps in our rotations. But for that we must sacrifice our offensive stats (Power, Crit, ArmPen) for Recovery. That’s another EXTREME loss in our DPS. So a possible decision here is to let us gain Recharge Speed or Recovery without exchanging offensive stats for it. To do that you may rework some useless feats like Extra Action or Readied Stance.
    Here some options:
    • Make it act like CW’s feat Fight On so it will reduce recharge of encounters. 15-20% at rank 5 would be nice because of our monstrous 15-20 sec CDs.
    • And/or change these feats to give Recovery stat equal to % of our CURRENT power. Like GWF’s feats that give Power equal to % of Defence, Recovery and ArmPen.
    • And/or change these feats to give Recovery stat equal to 100% of our Movement stat. That will allow us to stack Movement with Dark enchantments in Utility and will make Shepherd’s Devotion and Artificer’s Persuation/Artificer’s Influence Insignia Bonuses much more profitable. And ofc that will add more diversity in mount’s Equip Powers for Hunter Ranger.
    This rework would be beneficial for all trees. Extra Action is T5 Heroic feat and Readied Stance is T1 Paragon feat so everyone could get it.

@amenar
    Hope that will help you to find a better solution without harming to our class and playstyle. Thanks.
    +1 this is what i called the right approach to solving things. Arguing about multi target proc not broken isnt gonna bring u anywhere. We should fix it and work things from there like what this post do.
    Post edited by kangkeok on
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    kainan777 said:

Here some options:

@amenar
    I am not a HR, but I would advise you as a CW, you don't want your feat to work like fight on, which gives recharge speed increase and doesn't actually reduce CDs :p
  • Options
    edited July 2016

kangkeok said:

To which I'd add:

It's not "spamming encounters with no cooldown" There is a cooldown, but it requires conditions and isn't instantaneous all the time. It's also very easy to mess up, ESPECIALLY in PVP. If the case was "Use all your encounter powers in Melee and instantly get your ranged back" Then I'd recommend tweaking, but it's not.
    No the case is not "Use all your encounter powers in Melee and instantly get your ranged back". If this is the case then its fine since u used up all 3 of ur melee encounter to refresh ur range.

The problem is worse..its "Use just one of your encounter powers in Melee ( hawkeye , oakskin ) and instantly get your ranged back". This is what happen in pve where ppl use powers like hawk eye to affect multiple ally including companion to refresh all range power. Rarely happen in pvp FYI. The feature that developer remove isnt the cooldown reduction ..its the broken mechanic that cause multiple target to affect ur cooldown that is removed.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    wanna believe that we are on the right longterm track but i am not really convinced that amenar know what to do. Just look what they did till now. They barely touching major problems. like improving archery and combat feats, at wills and encounters were buffed but impact is barely noticeable. And thats from PVE perspective. PVp is disaster now and will be even more if this go live and i see no proof that amenar is aware of that. Not a word about it. All we see is nerfs and barely noticable ability buffs and we are only 3 weeks till mod 10 launch. Will they reevaluating everything in case of swift fox changes in the remaining time? Not so sure. Will they continue with work on HR after mod 10 launch or will they focus on dont touched classess like DC, TR....
  • Options
    hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    • Swiftness of the Fox: No longer triggers multiple times when hitting multiple targets.
    This will only cause HR to underperform even more, but hey... Who approved this change certainly knows more.

Suggestion:
    Revert Swiftness of the Fox to it's current live state and change the tooltip acordingly.
    Changing tooltips as been a reliable method used by cryptic to fix bugs, so why not aplly that here?
    Post edited by hypergorila2 on
  • Options
    maggiethehunt#5123 maggiethehunt Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Im french and i come with my scrub english for try to explain my mind. The HR DPS and PVP can only be competitve cause he have no cooldown. If they add cooldown in the HR,it s impossible to have fun or be competitive with it . They want up the bow?ok but the bow it s too slow for be a viable spec ,and if i want play in combat i play a TR. Be realist please ,if the HR no have a cooldown,its because we have good rotation,and that s sure the swiftness help us .That s not a skill broken but the player is broken!And that s why play a trapper is fun,the gameplay depending of the player. I dont care if bear trap is up or aimed shoot is up.Be honest who use this skill?Nobody cause it s just a uselles skill. Be fast on your pad and you will be good.Cryptic cant take that to te players it s just impossible. I have 6000 hours on the game,5000 on my hr ,i know what i told . TY
This discussion has been closed.