test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock changes

Comments

• zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Soulbinder Fury (since Module 4!)
    A lot of careful work was done and the long awaited SW buffs are overall good. Mainly for PvE. Overall survivability and damage are improved and as well as improvements to some convoluted mechanics. However:

MAJOR PROBLEM (PVP): The major problem that still remains (and is in fact worse!) is that SW has no tools to survive a GF stunlock rotation in PvP. All but defenseless. This is a major vulnerability for which there are now no suitable tools to counter.

DESCRIPTION: A BiS warlock (full tenacity, 180k+ HP, defensive build) gets caught with a single stunlock encounter from a GF and it is already over. SW Cannot break free or do anything and SW must watch helplessly as GF unloads entire rotation combo as HP pool disappears in chunks until dead. Oghma's cannot be used to break free from the initial stun (from BullCharge for example).

BUFFS MADE WORSE: I playtested SW vs GF (BiS vs BiS) for hours last night.
    Before the buffs vs GF: Applying combo of WB+Dreadtheft (5x stacks) would provide 60% DR that would persist through being stunned and thus enable survival of a deadly GF rotation while stunned. This took careful timing but at least there was a tool.
    After the buffs vs GF: Dreadtheft (1x) DR does not cut it. Increased Shadowslip DR 60% is useless (your locked up). Infernal spheres fire off as GF approaches so that new DR source is gone. Negation DR is probably not active vs GF. The result is that GF catches SW with 1skill and they are dead from full HP within a few seconds. Awful.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:
    Shadowslip needs to be able to break control (with penalty, such as decreased or no DR bonus if used in this way).
    Oghma's token needs to be faster-activating and able to break free from GF stunlock skills.
    SW needs DR buffs that persist while being locked/immobilized as we did before.

@strumslinger @terramak @amenar
    Being even more defenseless against a GF stunlock 1rotation combo after the long awaited buffs is awful :(

With dreadtheft, the new BoVa, infernal spheres, GF ward, warding curse, Feytouched, defensive boons, and more all active at once a BiS warlock can still be 1rotated through it all.

Post edited by zeusom on
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

ps. also SW purple Shadowslip still does nothing to mitigate TR shocking execution 1shots like as CW purple shield does.

• d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @zeusom Thanks for being a Shocking Execution victim to report the proposed damage resistance increase granted from Shadow Slip is ignored. Not good. :(

This just confirms my request to:

1) Add a 1 second immunity frame to shadow slip instead of a damage resistance boost. This puts us on par with all other classes in the game, especially after Shadow Slip movement speed will be tuned down. Otherwise, we have no dodge, no shield, and less ability to escape--all of this with severe stamina use penalty and slow stamina recharge speed. Ouch!

2) Single target Dreadtheft damage resistance buff needs to remain relatively unchanged for the encounter to be useful in PvP. It already has so many drawbacks (long cooldown, interrupted by CC, negligible damage, etc.)
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    macjae said:

The DR boosts from powers like Dreadtheft and Infernal Spheres also ought to persist for a little bit after the power ends. Presently, it is especially bad with Infernal Spheres, that you can't stop from firing if you get close (or something closes in on you). That makes them next to useless for protection against melee attacks. And if you stay at range to preserve the benefit (against ranged enemies), you essentially lose one encounter power. So if the benefit persists for 2-3 seconds after it fires, this would help a lot.

I say that spheres should be a double action power like the CW's shield that we can keep and unleash when we wish.
    edited July 2016
    Yes all the extra shadowslip-infernalspheres DR is useless while your being stunlock rayped such as by GF.
    Dreadtheft 5x (60% DR) persisted long enough aand worked if your timing was good. Now there are effectively no means to survive in these situations which actually happen in PVP quite frequently.

@amenar
    Post edited by zeusom on

Burst damage such as rogue SE and GF was cited as a major area of concern for the SW by the Devs as long as 1 year ago, and yet in effect nothing much has changed (and is worse in fact, as I described above).

And having Shadowslip act as a damage absorbing or damage mitigating shield rather than just more normal DR would give SW to have a way to survive shocking.

• dannydark007#2612 dannydark007 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    amenar said:

• Arms of Hadar: Damage increased ~14%.
    • Arms of Hadar: Now properly has a target cap of 5, instead of 6.
    • Arms of Hadar: Range increased to 35', up from 29'.
    • Arms of Hadar: Repositioned the FX so that the hit area and the FX area match up much more accurately. Also tweaked the hit timing to be more in sync with when the FX actually hit the target.
    Arms of Hadar needs something else to make it useful: Suggestion: Add a short knockdown effect to the power.
    amenar said:

• Blades of Vanquished Armies: Increased radius to 13', up from 11'.
    • Blades of Vanquished Armies: No longer locks you in place while you cast the spell.
    • Blades of Vanquished Armies: Now increases your Deflection Chance while active. Amount of Deflection increases with each rank up, starting at 10% at rank 1, and reaching 25% at rank 4.
    • Blades of Vanquished Armies: The swirling blade FX should start drawing sooner, so you shouldn't see targets taking damage before the FX start drawing.
    Blades of Vanquished Armies could also use a damage increase.
    amenar said:

• Curse Bite: Damage increased ~33%.
    • Curse Bite: Rank 4 of this power now properly reduces the cooldown by 1 second.
      damage before the FX start drawing.
    Curse Bite still needs something to make it viable: Suggestion add the following: In Addition Curse Bite adds a Lesser Curse to the target and renews curse duration on all target.
    amenar said:

• Deadly Curse: Increased the base damage dealt when applying your Warlock's Curse, but reduced the rank up benefits to 10% per rank, down from 12% per rank. Net result at rank 4 is a ~35% damage increase.
    Deadly Curse needs a secondary effect: One half this amount of damage is dealt again to all enemies in a 10 ft radius when your Warlock's Curse is removed.
    amenar said:

• Feat: Aura of Cruelty: Radius increased to 50', up from 20'. Now only affects teammates, including companions and other summoned pets, such as Soul Puppets and Immolation Spirits.
    • Feat: Aura of Despair: Radius increased to 50', up from 20'.
    Since they are far enough into Temptation that they cannot be picked up by other specs I'd say both Aura of Cruelty and Aura of Despair need a bit more impact such as 1.5% effect per feat rank.
    amenar said:

• Feat: Soul Bonding: When using Vampiric Embrace on a target that is affected by a Curse, the AoE heal component of the Vampiric Embrace will now trigger properly.

To make Temptation Warlocks viable more needs to be added to Soul Bonding. Suggestion, add the following: In addition Soul Bonding adds 10% to your life steal and life steal severity and your Vampiric Embrace does 50% increased damage.
    amenar said:

Continued Patch Notes:

• Infernal Spheres: Fixed the rank-up descriptions to say Spheres instead of Darts.
    • Infernal Spheres: No longer creates additional spheres when you are low on health. Instead, the spheres heal you for 25% of the damage they deal. When you are below 50% HP, this healing increases to 50% of the damage dealt.
    • Infernal Spheres: Now grants you 5% Damage Resistance for each sphere surrounding you. This power can now be toggled off so that you don't have to wait for all spheres to fire before being able to recast it.
    • Infernal Spheres: Once again, can perform critical strikes.
    • Infernal Spheres: Rank 4 now actually provides an additional Sphere, as stated in the rank-up description.
    • Infernal Spheres: Will only fire off a sphere every 0.5s now, up from every 0.25s.
    Suggestion: Make the chance to apply a Lesser Curse on a target 100%.
    amenar said:

Continued Patch Notes:

• Tyrannical Curse: Was actually increasing the damage you deal to the target by ~40%, instead of the stated 20%. Now properly only increases your damage by 20%.
    • Tyrannical Curse: The initial damage dealt by this power will now properly be affected by damage buffs, debuffs, and immunities.
    • Tyrannical Curse: Your regular Warlock's Curse can be placed alongside this power now. However, the damage increase caused by Tyrannical Curse and Warlock's Curse do not stack.
    • Tyrannical Threat: Renamed to Tyrannical Curse. No longer causes your normal Warlock's Curse to be replaced by Tyrannical Curse. Instead, immediately casts Tyrannical Curse on your target. This means you can no longer have multiple targets affected by Tyrannical Curse at the same time.
    The amount of damage sharing should be increased to 50% plus 10% per rank to help compensate for only being able to apply it once. In addition lower the activation time and make it usable while moving. Let Tyrannical Curse's purpose be to let a Warlock focus on single target powers and still do AOE damage.
    amenar said:

Continued Patch Notes:

• Vampiric Embrace: Increased damage by ~10%.
    • Vampiric Embrace: Reduced base recharge time to 14s, down from 16s.
    • Vampiric Embrace: Reduced total activation time to 0.6s, down from 0.78s.
    Vampiric Embrace could really use more of a damage increase at least 20%.
    amenar said:

Continued Patch Notes:

• Wraith's Shadow: Damage of the DoT increased ~20%.
    • Wraith's Shadow: Ending the power early will now summon a Soul Puppet, in addition to the existing Immobilize effect.

The target's damage debuff could use an increase to 7.5% per rank.

I can only suggest making this a 30-50% damage buff while standing in the circle with the extra feat giving 50% of it's effect persist for 5 seconds after you leave it to make it remotely useful. As well as the offensive mechanic behind it launching anything that wanders in the circle and begins the trigger effect similar to harrowstorm's secondary function. This way it can be a very handy offensive and defensive tool for the HB to utilize.

Hellbringer simply needs serious attention to it's powers and class features. Flames of Empowerment alone is basically null and void with Soulbinder's Dust to Dust along with Fury's feat for 9% buff for max sparks, and another 5% for the DtD offhand bonus, along with being able to spam dailies. This is one of the core reasons why Soulbinder is so insurmountably superior to Hellbringer. Immolation Spirits being vastly superior to Gates of Hell is probably another...

This power needs another 50-100% buff to it or introduce a new secondary effect to it. It's essentially a 3 target AoE that requires manual attention, with zero benefit of doing so.
    My crazy idea is to make this some snazzy curse consume that rewards you for piling different curse effects and then blowing things to oblivion afterwards. Such as Warlock Curse targets cause small AoEs upon using Curse Bite that can overlap if you use patience and get them all close enough. Lesser curse targets take some normal damage, but targets with the warlock's curse and a lesser curse will take extra damage. This way you're rewarded for making the most out of your class mechanics. It's just currently not ever worth using as it offers nothing that other powers can do already

• tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by tostrek2012 on
    edited July 2016
    @amenar just so you're aware, the nerf to Tyrannical Threat = Tyrannical Curse will cripple SW dungeon AoE DPS. This means the class will significantly underperfom in dungeons compared to other classes despite the proposed class buffs. The other SW dailies are so inferior in dungeons that there is no other reasonable alternative.

I am sure you have access to data showing that SWs and GWFs are top damage dealers in PvE dungeons, but please know the only reasons SWs currently compete with GWFs are:

1) Puppet damage buff stacking bug (?). This appears to have been fixed.

2) Murderous Flames bug, which you have fixed.

Without those two primary sources of damage, SWs are left with Tyrannical Threat. Tyrannical Threat has been this class' bread and butter since its inception.

Nerfing Tyrannical Threat because other dailies are seldom used in dungeons is not the way to go. Especially when the other daily being compared (Gates of Hell) is located in the Hellbringer path, which very, very few SWs use. I would argue the Hellbringer path is the least used path in the entire game.

Furthermore, SWs actually DO use other dailies more often outside of dungeons. For instance, in PvP, you're much more likely to see Brood of Hadar or Immolation Spirits used. *It's okay for any class to have that one daily that outperforms the others, especially in specific situations or game modes.*

While soloing, I use Immolation Spirits and Dust to Dust between mobs, reserving Tyrannical Threat for mini-boss fights if I feel its efficient.

My experienced recommendation is, if you are convinced TT needs a nerf, then allow the activation mechanics and animation to remain unchanged. Instead, allow only one target to be cursed at a time while active (like the Paladin's Vow of Emnity) and *slightly* reduce the outdoing AoE damage. If the initial cursed target dies, the SW should be allowed to recast the TT curse on another enemy before the daily expires (again, similar to Vow of Emnity). Anything beyond this is alarming. :(

Edit: I want to add that I play SW Soulbinder Temptation. This means no Soul Puppet and no Murderous Flames. Even with TT behaving as it does now (pre-nerf), I cannot come close to equivalent endgame GWFs, HRs, or even knowledgeable Executioner TRs in Castle Never. Endgame DPS CWs can keep up with / beat me in Epic Demogorgon. My point is, the SW is more balanced than those providing you feedback may think when the Puppet and Murderous Flames are taken out of the equation.
    Post edited by d4rkh0rs3 on
  • metalraro#7399 metalraro Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@amenar just so you're aware, the nerf to Tyrannical Threat = Tyrannical Curse will cripple SW dungeon AoE DPS. This means the class will significantly underperfom in dungeons compared to other classes despite the proposed class buffs. The other SW dailies are so inferior in dungeons that there is no other reasonable alternative.

I am sure you have access to data showing that SWs and GWFs are top damage dealers in PvE dungeons, but please know the only reasons SWs currently compete with GWFs are:

1) Puppet damage buff stacking bug (?). This appears to have been fixed.

2) Murderous Flames bug, which you have fixed.

Without those two primary sources of damage, SWs are left with Tyrannical Threat. Tyrannical Threat has been this class' bread and butter since its inception.

Nerfing Tyrannical Threat because other dailies are seldom used in dungeons is not the way to go. Especially when the other daily being compared (Gates of Hell) is located in the Hellbringer path, which very, very few SWs use. I would argue the Hellbringer path is the least used path in the entire game.

Furthermore, SWs actually DO use other dailies more often outside of dungeons. For instance, in PvP, you're much more likely to see Brood of Hadar or Immolation Spirits used. *It's okay for any class to have that one daily that outperforms the others, especially in specific situations or game modes.*

While soloing, I use Immolation Spirits and Dust to Dust between mobs, reserving Tyrannical Threat for mini-boss fights if I feel its efficient.

My experienced recommendation is, if you are convinced TT needs a nerf, then allow the activation mechanics and animation to remain unchanged. Instead, allow only one target to be cursed at a time while active (like the Paladin's Vow of Emnity) and *slightly* reduce the outdoing AoE damage. If the initial cursed target dies, the SW should be allowed to recast the TT curse on another enemy before the daily expires (again, similar to Vow of Emnity). Anything beyond this is alarming. :(

i agree
  • damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Here are my two cents to possibly bring hellbringer out of the shadows:

Pilar of power, instead of providing a soap bubble of buff should deal weak damage on a relatively small zone (like the area of chains of light of the cleric) every second for 4 or 6 seconds BUT every time it deals damage to a foe, every DoT on the foe aplied by you ticks in addition to their normal ticks. With rebuke, Flames of the Phlegetos, Lesser curse, harrowstorm (I think it's a Dot), Warlock bargain, wraith's shadow , hadar's grasp it would potetially be a hell lot more painfull. - (specialy on fury with creeping death whiche will be charged to the nines with this massive influx of damage)

Flames of empowerment; for each DoT on foe, you deal 2/3/4/5% more damage to that foe

with this 2 change hellbringer could live up to its name.

Flames of empowerment; for each DoT on foe, you deal 2/3/4/5% more damage to that foe

Holy guacamole! That's like a ten trillion percent buff if you go fury :D
  • lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Some comments on Lifesteal related feats.

This is essentially a tooltip change but adds clarity I guess. Only thing to note is that if the level cap rises it will effectively be a nerf.

Used to give about 2% lifesteal at 5pt spend, now will give 5% plus 5% severity. The numbers change to 5% is welcome and much needed but it feels like the severity bonus should be higher - 20-25% on 5pts I would feel ok about. Also, remember it requires a separate condition (crit hit) to trigger for 4 seconds.

A good fix to the range but this feat still feels like it could take a small buff of an additional effect. It's deep enough into temptation that you are healing your team anyway from the capstone, boosting their Lifesteal chance doesn't feel that impactful.

You forgot to buff the numbers on this one! :wink:
    0.05% per spark at 5pt investment works out at 1.5% lifesteal when at max sparks for 5pt investment - so effectively 5 pts for 0 - 1.5% LS depending on how many sparks you currently have.
    This simply doesn't match with the 1pt=1% plus secondary effect of all of the other lifesteal feats.
    These numbers could easily be multiplied by 5 and be in the right ballpark (0 - 7.5% depending on sparks) and given a corresponding addition of a severity boost.

Incidentally, on top of the general issues with temptation and healing why doesn't LS severity multiply the healing done to others..?

• candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User

candinho2 said:

Last time i tested TT was 0% damage boost, but a very nice redirected damage.

I don't know what testing you did but that's wrong.
    candinho2 said:

2 things are missing for warlocks.
    1: need alot more armor penetration to be viable for pvp
    2: need alot more critical chance to be usable on both pvp/pve
    The rest is just useless was it was before and will remain as it is.

No, pve just no, i had the chance to try 2 trees so far on preview and aoe's are actually good for groups, not all that TT spam for the 3 trees, damage is still great, fury hellbringer had a very nice performance, all the dungeon i had focus in damage spread from single target, wich is really nice for lazy people that dont want to switch powers for bosses ^^.

Temptation hellbringer had a very nice performance as well, the additional life steal made my healing noticeably better.

But i also tried over and over again HB vs SB in dummies and all tell me that SB still takes over HB since C.A. can almost be considered something granted, you have even a few companions for it. Also i understand that temptation is a suport dps and has now more reliable protective powers, improved hand of blight, wraith of shadow is actually worth but most parties will want and demand dps boost, so even a little bit boost, mainly in single target, because multi target DT can now represent a good party boost, would be much appreciated, but devs wont listen :(
    I'll show you our "boost"
    https://youtu.be/jtKtZju2n_0
    Note that he din't even attacked me, so in 1 full rotation i did +/- 20% damage to hin, and he killed me without any attack, maths done i need to to to it 5x to kill hin, if he don't self heal ou attack me, nice work devs you realy did a great job
    Yeah, @damoc#3687, I like your enthusiasm about Flames of Empowerment, but with Creeping Death stacks between 40-60 and beyond, you're looking at current day Into the Fray type of buff values. Probably not what you intended, but just want to clarify.

On a more positive note, I like your thinking that Flames of Empowerment should be modified to not penalize the character for withholding their daily use. Not using a daily takes the fun out of playing in my opinion, and it is an area in addition to Pillar of Power where the devs can integrate meaningful change into the Hellbringer tree.

I would like to see synergy between the Hellbringer class features and encounters commensurate with Soul Binder. Perhaps No Pity No Mercy could be used as a seen on other characters:

CW's Storm Spell = On Curse Consume / Curse Synergy, target has a x% chance to take an additional x% of damage as fire damage.

HR Blade Storm = On Curse Synergy / Curse Consume your encounter powers have a x% chance to deal an additional x% damage to nearby enemies.

While Flames of Empowerment may interact like CW's Arcane Presence, lowering encounter cooldown times (significantly) while increasing damage to targets under the effect of Curse Synergy / Curse Consume.

The feats for Flames of Empowerment (Fury tree) and Pillar of Power (Damnation tree) may be adjusted accordingly.
    fernuu said:

Goodbye old friend, I won't miss you

And it was with "only" 376.2% effectiveness, where max I saw was 1200%

do not have cn in preview, as seen damage?
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    amenar said:

Sorry for the delay everyone. For more details on the how and why of the changes, please check out the dev blogs.

Hi, Firstly thanks for devs that they finally starting work with warlocks class problems and power balance..
    My review and suggestions to encounters after spending time in preview server...
    Sorry for my english, next I am hellbringer furry warlock with 2.7k GS. Not top end geared but not undergeared either..

Bug: Power: Accursed Souls
    Power do not apply lesser curse to all targets who get hit with this power.

Bug: Power: Tyrannical Curse (Tyrannical Threat)
    Power do not link damage with nearby enemies. Tested with monsters and training dummies.

=========================================================================
    The idea to apply lesser curse sounds good, but only sounds.. This daily power will still remain as panic button when warlock is surrounded by group of monsters, and it is close to death. And even if u cast it, u are not sure u will survive anyways.. Its kinda usual scenario, u start cast this daily power, hands rise up and your HP fully restored, soul puppet summoned, once warlock lay hands down, he also lay on ground dead. Because monsters still keep hitting him..

My suggestion Accursed souls after its absorb souls/life to retore HP, should either stun As Cw's seal of time or push away enemies as Dc's sun burst. Because its kinda usual scenario after using it, even if u fully restore HP, in the end of casting time u either hit ground dead or manage to run away with 15% HP.

=============

I just love new changes.. Removes requirement to act as tank/victim, also decrease miss rate because it cast and effect time is faster. But over all even with Gatekeeper's Empowerment feat, it can't do as much dps as TT/TC.
    Its good only for minor/trash monster cleaning..

suggestion
    Gate of hell should last longer, and instead spiting hell fire once, could stay for up 2s, and keep doing damage in that area... This will proc creeping death for furry tree, as for temptation it will be big dmg boost anyways..

Second possible solution is to change Gate of hell mechanic, instead spiting hell fire, after warlock summon it, remain for duration time by 2s. add effect which dragging/pulling monsters to gate and draining their HP. Similar like giant monsters does in >throne of dwarf king<
    pvp< if player dies in gate of hell effect area, he cannot be revived, his soul now is in hell :)

======

Power reduction from 40% to 20% I can understand and tolerate, But Disabling possibility to build chain TT splash damage is way to radical changing.. Since warlock class introduction all his dmg output where around 2 major powers.. Tyrannical Threat and Dreadtheft.

Old mechanic,
    Before these changes I used to do: cast TT, mark 3 targets, on first one cast warlock bargain, on next one hadar grasp, and on third or even if possible hit them all with Dreadtheft. Then chain reaction starts, and spash damage from either first, or second or third one hit each other and damage numbers start to fill your screen, With that I could rival CW's Icy terain + seal of time, + Spellstorm + eye of storm combination..

After new changes, CW can laugh to warlocks face, because he don't have anything who could even little bit match its damage outcome.

Yesterday went to epic dungeon, and soon enough party members nicely asked me to leave. All because dmg where way to low..
    And even 2.1k gs CW does more dmg than my hellbringer Furry 2.6+ gs warlock... So we either need new powers to compensate TC nerfing, or rework it again.

Mod 6 forced my warlock quit pvp, this TC will force me to quit epic dungeons... And I got confused do we buffing or nerfing warlock???

Suggestion: TC should apply either lesser curse to all monsters/victims who receive linked damage from cursed one.
    Or slow down all targets around cursed one, or any other effect to compensate this power decreasing.
    Among possible solution is get back to old mechanic, but with tweaks, like: remain possibility to curse 3 targets as usual curse mechanic, but also decreasing/spliting dmg output between of them..

======================
    Finally these balls gets some buff, but downside is simple, firstly u cannot control when u release them, thats mean even with 1 HP monsters get near u, and it force release them and in chain reaction u lose damage resistance by 5%
    per sphere.

Suggestion: After summoning Infernal spheres, they stay in stand by mode, they do not attack anyone, and provide damage resistance and enable HP regeneration or any other benefits.
    When caster hit Encounter again, spheres goes to battle mode, and start seeking enemies..
    In other words gives us ability to choose when to release them and when hold them for better moment..

==================

Old:: Old Curse Consume:
    "Rip the life essence from your target, dealing damage and converting 75% of that damage into Hit Points.
    Gain Temporary Hit Points equal to half the amount of health stolen. Curse is expended"
    So even with 10% even if it would had 20% dmg boost, still it remains good until unlock warlock bargain. But even before that, dmg output is bad so probably it will be exchanged to fiery bolt, or any other necounter.

Suggestion:
    Merge Vampiric embrace with Curse Bite. "Deals damage to your Cursed targets + Rip the life essence from your target and converting 70% of that damage into Hit Points. + for next ~2s, caster gain temp shield which block part of incoming damage..

=====================

since warlock where introduced and till now, total nonsense encounter with dmg output so bad, that even at wills are better option than use this one.
    u can curse up to 3 targets, if u are lucky lets say u apply extra 3 lesser curses to other monster. Dmg output is just troll...

Suggestion: Kinda wild one had since old time...
    User curse targets, then hit Curse bite, which cause aoe dmg on every cursed/lesser curse/TC effected targets..

Cursed targets takes full dmg while monsters around curse bite affected receive 35% damage in rage to up 5'.
    I can be considered as Fiery Bolt for cursed targets only.. Plus u don't have aim to enemies because this encounter work only for cursed/marked ones.
    Good side, high aoe dmg, even for single target good,
    Downside if u don't have cursed target u can't use it..
    However number of damage should be calculated in checked in action, and make sure do not make this encounter overpowered..

=======================
    since warlock where introduced I wondered does it worth to use it. The answer is same as always, nop.
    The effect of this power boost is minor and if u use any other encounter in this place u does more dmg than it Pillar of power gives dmg boost, plus effect area is too small, it should be same size to DC's bastion of health.
    And funniest part is, once any monster step inside its instantly cancel encounters buffs, and does so small dmg output that simply not work keep it at all.

Suggestion:
    Widen area of effect to same size as Dc's bastion of health,,
    Player's who are stepped in effect area should receive offensive stat boosting ~1% per second, up to ~8%(need testing and calculation for possible stat boostings)
    Plus if monster step in area effect their stats are get decreas(resist and dmg outcoming) + apply minor DoT.

=================================

Before mod 6 it was one of my favorite encounters. and in pvp major power.
    I like that it casting time reduced.. But I hate that in order to enable its effect which lift victim in air and then cause him to prone. During fights time to time u can by mistake cancel aoe dmg and exchange to CC effect even u didn't want,, all just because u try curse other enemy...

Suggestion:
    Remove CC enabling by clicking curse button,
    Add feature to enable CC effect by clicking Harrowstorm again.

=============================================================================
    The encounter which I consider as symbol as warlocks failure.
    Now finally CC effect last not ~1s, but little bit longer.. However formalities still kill reason to use it.. I hoped that this encounter become curse free and its effect will be not bound to TAB key.

Suggestion:
    Now u hit target, enabling DoT + reduce outgoing damage, hit encounter again and its expand to aoe CC effet.
    My suggestion would be, when u hit with wraith of shadow its not only enable DoT and reduced dmg output, but also make range aoe effect around primary target. and if warlock clock encounter again, it convert to immobility aoe.
    In simple words make instant aoe effect.

==========================
    I could write about all feats, class features and also about mechanic itself, but even now barely fit in 1 post,, :)
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
    edited July 2016
    I thought my SW running fury was doing pretty fine, till I decided to take my GWF for a spin on preview and utterly smashed HEs in IWD without a hiccup and face tanked them with less lifesteal in a much faster rate.

Wasn't even going full cheese either, just WMS, wicked strike, battle fury, daggers, mighty leap and still out DPS'd

When I was running damnation it was a pure snail pace.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@treesclimber thanks for the analysis. That's why I mentioned in previous posts that the devs *could* make Hellbringer much better by significantly padding Pillar of Power, both the encounter and feat. Given the zero cooldown nature of Soul Scorch, Pillar of Power would need to offer a non-combustable circle granting increased damage and recharge speed bonus (where the party may benefit as well) at the cost of mobility. I'm trying not to introduce bias as I main a SW, but this seems pretty straight forward and a fair balance to me.

Of course Hellbringer's class features would need a damage focused path on the back as well. Dust to Dust is just too good of a class feature in dungeons compared to anything Hellbringer has to offer.

I was thinking about Pilar of power when i was making the logs, it increases damage 16%, wraith of shadow dealt 6%, adding the Creaping death that would go 9%. Pillar buff lasts 15 seconds with a cooldown of 12 and a very slow animation, this would translate into 9% aditional damage to all other powers and 4,5% to creeping death value, so it would actually be better, but in real dungeons that much likelly would be worse because of all th big hits that we need to dodge, beside wraith of shadow has a 30% damage reduction and the possibility to imobilize targets. So Pillar of power not only needs a boost, i would say 6% for each rank, but also getting animations speeded, making it a purelly buff power , or non combustable has you said it's actually a great idea, i would also increase area of it, a rename would make sence too. Leaving the feat without need to be touched.

There are some additional Warlock powers and feats that were not on the list that also need some attention:

Feedback Feat: Darkness
    A 10% damage reduction is very underwhelming 1for a feat this high in the tree, in addition it adds nothing to the role of either dps or healer. Suggestion: Add Blades of Vanquished Armies deals 2/4/6/8/10% more damage.

Feedback Feat: Eldritch Momentum
    Eldritch Momentum needs a bit more to make it attractive. currently it restores 1/2/3/4/5% stamina each time you take damage. Suggestion: Add Your Shadow Slip movement is 2/4/6/8/10% faster.

Feedback Feat: Vampiric Sparks
    Vampiric Sparks needs to be brought in line with the new effects of other lifesteal enhancing feats: Suggestion Increase effect to .05/.10/.15/.20/.25% per soul spark. This would max out at 7.5% bonus at full sparks.

Feedback Power: Pillar of Power
    Make this power usable at will (casting again cancels the previous pillar), movement is too key in the game to be stuck in one place. Also I would suggest adding a knock back effect to the explosion of the pillar.

Feedback Class Feature: Warding Curse
    Warding Curse needs an additional effect to make it viable: Add: and reflects 1/2/3/4% damage back at the cursed attacker.

Feedback Class Feature: No Pity, No Mercy
    The duration needs to be at least double current and also add: and adds 1/2/3/4% combat advantage damage bonus. (Compare to Ranger Class feature that gives all allies within 25' constant Combat Advantage.)

• tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Bug: Power: Tyrannical Curse (Tyrannical Threat)
    Power do not link damage with nearby enemies. Confirmed in Dread Ring which there was no damage link within 30' with the TC.

Once the immediate, affected enemy died, TC should be allowed to apply to another live target within its effective time frame.
    Post edited by tostrek2012 on
  • damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

Yeah, @damoc#3687, I like your enthusiasm about Flames of Empowerment, but with Creeping Death stacks between 40-60 and beyond, you're looking at current day Into the Fray type of buff values. Probably not what you intended, but just want to clarify.

Ok I wasn't clear enough in my description. In my defense it was 3 am. What I meant is that even though you can have a bazillion stacks of creeping death, it is 'still' one DoT so only 5% increase at lvl 4 of the feature. Unless I am still missing something it would mean in a dédicated build: DoTs from 1 at-will (rebuke), 3 encounters (if that dedicated), 1 daily (Flames of P), 1 class mechanics (lesser curse) and 1 feat (creeping death for Fury tree) so a total of 7 applicable Dots for 35% damage in this very particular configuration. Most of the time it would mostly stands around 10-20% with rebuke, 1 encounter and potentially lesser curse and creeping death.

This was in relation to my proposition for a new pillar as an encounter heavily influenced by DoTs making it rewarding to focus on DoTs.
    I can post technical information about "balancing" the sw
    but better is to show in practice
    no use staying showing the graphs damage, percentage, if in practice what they are doing is rubbish
    necessary to have fixed and not destroyed
    follows the print preview
    1 photo soulbinder damnation, 2 boos (sw 3.9 vs 3.4 gwf)
    2 photo soulbinder fury kessel (sw 3.9 vs 3.4 gwf)

so let hypocrisy of false technical knowledge and let us go to practice
    http://imgur.com/a/YrCGk
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

candinho2 said:

candinho2 said:

Last time i tested TT was 0% damage boost, but a very nice redirected damage.

I don't know what testing you did but that's wrong.
    candinho2 said:

2 things are missing for warlocks.
    1: need alot more armor penetration to be viable for pvp
    2: need alot more critical chance to be usable on both pvp/pve
    The rest is just useless was it was before and will remain as it is.

No, pve just no, i had the chance to try 2 trees so far on preview and aoe's are actually good for groups, not all that TT spam for the 3 trees, damage is still great, fury hellbringer had a very nice performance, all the dungeon i had focus in damage spread from single target, wich is really nice for lazy people that dont want to switch powers for bosses ^^.

Temptation hellbringer had a very nice performance as well, the additional life steal made my healing noticeably better.

But i also tried over and over again HB vs SB in dummies and all tell me that SB still takes over HB since C.A. can almost be considered something granted, you have even a few companions for it. Also i understand that temptation is a suport dps and has now more reliable protective powers, improved hand of blight, wraith of shadow is actually worth but most parties will want and demand dps boost, so even a little bit boost, mainly in single target, because multi target DT can now represent a good party boost, would be much appreciated, but devs wont listen :(
    I'll show you our "boost"
    https://youtu.be/jtKtZju2n_0
    Note that he din't even attacked me, so in 1 full rotation i did +/- 20% damage to hin, and he killed me without any attack, maths done i need to to to it 5x to kill hin, if he don't self heal ou attack me, nice work devs you realy did a great job
    how is this even related to the guy you are even quoting and how is this even related to the changes the devs done to the class, while you are posting a fight agaisnt a TR that uses Shadow demon active?
    Do you guys even understand the meanin or even know how to test the changes they've done?
    because based on ur video it's not even related.
    I just showed how "good" was the changes, the dr, damage boost, to just a non attacking target. do you think any other class in this game would die from that tr if he doesn't attack??
This discussion has been closed.