test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock changes

Comments

• skullface1884fskullface1884f Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Yeah the poster above makes a very good and concise point in his opening line.

I'd like to suggest an alternative change to TT whereby it works as currently stated but limits the number of cursed mobs to one from three whilst active. This would solve the issue of a single target cast nerfing our ability to do damage and could even be further balanced (read nerfed) by removing any damage increase it gives, it's really only the AOE that we're hungry for.

Can I just point out that in conjunction with TT BoTVA is currently a very strong skill for clearing trash and generating sparks even vs single targets rapidly, it's actually up there as one of the best encounters we have. Dreadtheft with TT is also very very good for trash clearing but nothing beats the BotVA/SS spam combo on a TT'ed mob.
    Metus - Black Lotus
    4k Scourge Warlock
  • ansakuansaku Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    @amenar

Thanks for the SW changes however two major changes are not being addressed
    first one is lack of proper dodge mechanism for SW class , Lets say the ball phase in Castle Never , There is no proper way to dodge the balls and every SW has to take damage by going through when every class out there can just dodge them with SHIFT ability . Also in pvp there is no way to dodge some attacks from some classes without taking damage. My suggestion to turn the shadow slip to something like CW teleport with some dark aura around , not something like CW but something similar since you already made changes to GF's shift mechanism before i am sure it wouldnt hard for you to give SW a proper dodge mechanism .

second one is MOBILITY. I simply have no idea why you even remove the movement speed from shadowslip . GF's getting their movement speed buffed through some class features and gwf being the top running class . I am sure this removal of movement is not intended please consider this , give back the SW their mobility or atleast give SW a proper way to dodge attacks atleast .

Thankyou
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    ansaku said:

@amenar

first one is lack of proper dodge mechanism for SW class , Lets say the ball phase in Castle Never , There is no proper way to dodge the balls and every SW has to take damage by going through when every class out there can just dodge them with SHIFT ability . Also in pvp there is no way to dodge some attacks from some classes without taking damage. My suggestion to turn the shadow slip to something like CW teleport with some dark aura around , not something like CW but something similar since you already made changes to GF's shift mechanism before i am sure it wouldnt hard for you to give SW a proper dodge mechanism .

second one is MOBILITY. I simply have no idea why you even remove the movement speed from shadowslip . GF's getting their movement speed buffed through some class features and gwf being the top running class . I am sure this removal of movement is not intended please consider this , give back the SW their mobility or atleast give SW a proper way to dodge attacks atleast .

Thankyou

They did not spend a lot "mental power" in the loss of the warlock in PVP I fear.
    Taking speed and DT stacks and capping that DR buff the moment DT ends on top...???
    If someone asked me: "How would you kill that class in PVP for ever?"
    I would have answered: "Maybe nerf DT-buff and take away mobility."
    I am curious if a 10% DR increase from shadow slip, a 25% deflectbuff from BoVA (ending the moment you get cc´d) or some healing power from infernal spheres will help against a 200k+ Bullcharge, lol.
    We needed a dodge like ability, sadly shadowslip doesn´t help at all against powers like Shocking Execution, once targetted you will feal the impact 100% every time, no way to escape except you pop some artifacts every 60 seconds.
    Now all you can rely on is facetanking everything in PVP like GWF and GF, because most GF´s are more mobile than you are, catching up in no time.
    Lifesteal will not help against high burst damage and TR will allwas head towards the warlock, easy to understand.

I see a small light reading about creeping death.
    The stupid circumstances to make this capstone work was more than redicules and funkilling.
    Cursing 24/7 and consume these curses right away with almost every power you use to restart your curse mania again.
    But I am honestly dissappointed reading about Hellbringer and the missing concept about a hole paragon wich is said to be the "damagetree" and will go on moldering in a corner, since it´s no option for PVE and PVP.
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User

ansaku said:

@amenar

Thankyou

They did not spend a lot "mental power" in the loss of the warlock in PVP I fear.
    Taking speed and DT stacks and capping that DR buff the moment DT ends on top...???
    I am curious if a 10% DR increase from shadow slip, a 25% deflectbuff from BoVA (ending the moment you get cc´d) or some healing power from infernal spheres will help against a 200k+ Bullcharge, lol.
    We needed a dodge like ability, sadly shadowslip doesn´t help at all against powers like Shocking Execution, once targetted you will feal the impact 100% every time, no way to escape except you pop some artifacts every 60 seconds.
    Now all you can rely on is facetanking everything in PVP like GWF and GF, because most GF´s are more mobile than you are, catching up in no time.
    Lifesteal will not help against high burst damage and TR will allwas head towards the warlock, easy to understand.

The stupid circumstances to make this capstone work was more than redicules and funkilling.
    Cursing 24/7 and consume these curses right away with almost every power you use to restart your curse mania again.
    But I am honestly dissappointed reading about Hellbringer and the missing concept about a hole paragon wich is said to be the "damagetree" and will go on moldering in a corner, since it´s no option for PVE and PVP.
    Shadow Slip is actually 100% increase (or if you want - 30% -> 60%).

There won't be 200k+ Bullcharge - ITF is hard nerfed.

Shocking Execution - yeah, true here, only Hand of Blight, Warding Curse and Wards can lower the damage.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    Goodbye old friend, I won't miss you

And it was with "only" 376.2% effectiveness, where max I saw was 1200%

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @schietindebux I agree that the proposed mod 10 changes will be an overall *significant* nerf to SWs in PvP, a class already at the bottom of the PvP food chain.

The following is specifically for PvP:

Primary cons: Dreadtheft +%DR reduced and Shadow Slip mobility reduced. There will be even fewer ways to mitigate incoming damage and escape. Its bad enough that Dreadtheft can be interrupted and go on (long) cooldown when facing classes with CC. Now, the encounter may not even be viable in PvP.

Primary pros: Infernal spheres +%DR added along with healing and Blades of Vanquished Armies +%deflect added.

The issues with these pros are:
    1) The +%DR from Infernal Spheres will not activate quickly enough to be effective.
    2) Infernal Spheres is seldom used as the damage potential is null. Healing potential after healing depression will reduce its effectiveness.
    3) Blades of Vanquished Armies will be shredded by CC classes that can interrupt the encounter, prematurely putting it on cooldown.
    4) Blades of Vanquished Armies deals negligble damage in PvP, most likely not even enough to overcome your enemy's insignia-based self heals.

Suggestions:
    1) Shadow Slip: Instead of temporarily increasing SW Shadow Slip damage resistance, add a dodge-like immunity frame lasting 1 second after Shadow Slip is initially activated. During this 1 second of immunity, stamina drains more quickly. After 1 second, Shadow Slip DR% is 30% or 40%, whichever the devs find most feasible, and stamina drains less quickly than during the initial first second of use. Change Shadow Slip to drain stamina when hovering in place to prevent multiple repeated uses within short time frames or perma CC immunity. Increase overall SW stamina regen speed as the penalty for using Shadow Slip will be too severe after overall movement speed bonus will be reduced. I can only imagine trying to repeatedly avoid the ELoL Scorpions' red AoE after these changes if no immunity frame is provided... Ouch!

2) Dreadtheft: Allow higher +%DR stacks against single targets, but reduce the overall +%DR from 60% (or 80%, whichever it was) to 30%. Alternatively, if a higher single target +%DR is not accepted, SWs will need to be CC immune during Dreadtheft casting or the encounter will most likely head to the shelf in PvP--Dreadtheft's cooldown is too long, the damage is minimal, it can be interrupted by CC, and the change to single target +%DR benefit has damaged this encounter significantly.
    edited July 2016
    metalldjt said:

fernuu said:

ansaku said:

@amenar

Thankyou

Shadow Slip is actually 100% increase (or if you want - 30% -> 60%).

There won't be 200k+ Bullcharge - ITF is hard nerfed.

Shocking Execution - yeah, true here, only Hand of Blight, Warding Curse and Wards can lower the damage.
    the ITF nerf in PvP is average of 30% less damage, but their damage gets doubled by KC , which you will see the 200k bullcharge , even if u sprint out of it to not get proned.
    I never saw 200k bullcharge on myself unless there was GF+DC with AS. Max I saw 1v1 was ~90k.
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@schietindebux I agree that the proposed mod 10 changes will be an overall *significant* nerf to SWs in PvP, a class already at the bottom of the PvP food chain.

The following is specifically for PvP:

Primary cons: Dreadtheft +%DR reduced and Shadow Slip mobility reduced. There will be even fewer ways to mitigate incoming damage and escape. Its bad enough that Dreadtheft can be interrupted and go on (long) cooldown when facing classes with CC. Now, the encounter may not even be viable in PvP.

Primary pros: Infernal spheres +%DR added along with healing and Blades of Vanquished Armies +%deflect added.

The issues with these pros are:

1) The +%DR from Infernal Spheres will not activate quickly enough to be effective.

2) Infernal Spheres is seldom used as the damage potential is null. Healing potential after healing depression will reduce its effectiveness.

3) Blades of Vanquished Armies will be shredded by CC classes that can interrupt the encounter, prematurely putting it on cooldown.

4) Blades of Vanquished Armies deals negligble damage in PvP, most likely not even enough to overcome your enemy's insignia-based self heals.

Suggestions:

1) Shadow Slip: Instead of temporarily increasing SW Shadow Slip damage resistance, add a dodge-like immunity frame lasting 1 second after Shadow Slip is initially activated. During this 1 second of immunity, stamina drains more quickly. After 1 second, Shadow Slip DR% is 30% or 40%, whichever the devs find most feasible, and stamina drains less quickly than during the initial first second of use. Change Shadow Slip to drain stamina when hovering in place to prevent multiple repeated uses within short time frames or perma CC immunity. Increase overall SW stamina regen speed as the penalty for using Shadow Slip will be too severe after overall movement speed bonus will be reduced. I can only imagine trying to repeatedly avoid the ELoL Scorpions' red AoE after these changes if no immunity frame is provided... Ouch!

2) Dreadtheft: Allow higher +%DR stacks against single targets, but reduce the overall +%DR from 60% (or 80%, whichever it was) to 30%. Alternatively, if a higher single target +%DR is not accepted, SWs will need to be CC immune during Dreadtheft casting or the encounter will most likely head to the shelf in PvP--Dreadtheft's cooldown is too long, the damage is minimal, it can be interrupted by CC, and the change to single target +%DR benefit has damaged this encounter significantly.

I also never used Shadow Walk but I get it most of SW did use it. Dreadtheft -%DR will be covered from SS +%DR. It will actually open a way to use other encounters even facetanking GF or GWF. Especially BoVA will be nice now, but losing effects being controlled will be serious con here.

I will test all that stuff tomorrow.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • whyratwhyrat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    >Dreadtheft, affected Cursed targets take increased damage from all sources, and you gain damage resistance based on the number of Cursed targets hit. Both of these effects stop occuring when you stop maintaining Dreadtheft.
    >Dreadtheft: Updated the rank up information to properly state that it increases the Damage Resistance Debuff by 5% per rank, not 3% as previously stated.

So which is it.... Cursed targets "take increased damage" or applies a "damage resistance debuff"?
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Also curious about the damage from TT/TC... posted it is currently 40%, reduced to 20% as stated. I thought TT was currently 15% base with 5% increase with each rank. So it should be 30% currently? If it was 40%, i agree it should be lowered, but to 30%, not 20%... I thought WC was a 20% buff, so if you take out aoe damage from TT, what benefit will TT have over WC if they dont stack?

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Well remember temptation can always resource to gladiator's guille wich will be up a lot of times, aditionally howling set is also a option for all trees, with a aditional healing insignia very decent(10% hp healed when 35%+ of life taken in 1 hit) this may be a way to go, remember Froggy Krueguer SW fury with howling set and amazing heal(can't remember forum name, sorry if you read this). My experience of these 2 in preview is that it still allows the SW to shadowslip from 1 to the other base in seconds. But i do agree with 1 second imunity, but mostly because of Shocking execution, i dont think expending more stamina over 1 second imunity is a good idea in many other situations.

edited July 2016

Also curious about the damage from TT/TC... posted it is currently 40%, reduced to 20% as stated. I thought TT was currently 15% base with 5% increase with each rank. So it should be 30% currently? If it was 40%, i agree it should be lowered, but to 30%, not 20%... I thought WC was a 20% buff, so if you take out aoe damage from TT, what benefit will TT have over WC if they dont stack?

On live, when you cast TT your WC is removed (and it was 40% or even more damage buff from TT alone).
    On preview via patch notes, your WC and TC are both on target and only one buff is on.

Not sure about Brutal Curse feat, if it apply to TC or not. Haven't been yet on preview, will test all that stuff tomorrow.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I understand it is currently broken and giving a 40%+ buff, but currently on live, doesn't it say its a 15% increase in damage, increasing 5% with each rank? Making the total 30%, but the way I read it here, they are saying it should be 20%... unless they are nerfing the damage as well instead of just fixing it to what it should be? So if its gonna be 20% damage for TC and WC already gives us 20%, why would we even bother using TC, since it no longer does aoe damage? to confusing, lol...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    fernuu said:

On live, when you cast TT your WC is removed (and it was 40% or even more damage buff from TT alone).
    On preview via patch notes, your WC and TC are both on target and only one buff is on.

Not sure about Brutal Curse feat, if it apply to TC or not. Haven't been yet on preview, will test all that stuff tomorrow.
    @fernuu I am fairly sure when you and I tested it, TT was 76.5%.
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User

fernuu said:

Last time i tested TT was 0% damage boost, but a very nice redirected damage.
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    2 things are missing for warlocks.
    1: need alot more armor penetration to be viable for pvp
    2: need alot more critical chance to be usable on both pvp/pve
    The rest is just useless was it was before and will remain as it is.
  • damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    While the powers that be are tweaking the spells, can they please make a review of all thes descriptions from spells and feats and clarify everithing that is vague?

It would be great, if in a spell description it explains that the spell ranks up some of its characteristics increase, to have the starting value at rank 1.

It would be equally awsome to differentiate additive bonuses and multiplicative bonuses with the wording of the description. for example for additive: "an additional X to so-and-so" and for multiplicative bonuses "this get Y more effective"

And lastly, the dammage in the tooltip should always be the total damage for 0% DR on a single target, not sometime the total dammage, sometime one tick and sometime we don't know what. I know I ask for much but it is quite frustrating to think you make a correct choice when in fact you just squander feat and power points.

From someone who doesn't know a thing about the complexity of the task, it seems it would be a not so difficult task
    edited July 2016
    candinho2 said:

Last time i tested TT was 0% damage boost, but a very nice redirected damage.

I don't know what testing you did but that's wrong.
    candinho2 said:

2 things are missing for warlocks.
    1: need alot more armor penetration to be viable for pvp
    2: need alot more critical chance to be usable on both pvp/pve
    The rest is just useless was it was before and will remain as it is.

No, pve just no, i had the chance to try 2 trees so far on preview and aoe's are actually good for groups, not all that TT spam for the 3 trees, damage is still great, fury hellbringer had a very nice performance, all the dungeon i had focus in damage spread from single target, wich is really nice for lazy people that dont want to switch powers for bosses ^^.

Temptation hellbringer had a very nice performance as well, the additional life steal made my healing noticeably better.

But i also tried over and over again HB vs SB in dummies and all tell me that SB still takes over HB since C.A. can almost be considered something granted, you have even a few companions for it. Also i understand that temptation is a suport dps and has now more reliable protective powers, improved hand of blight, wraith of shadow is actually worth but most parties will want and demand dps boost, so even a little bit boost, mainly in single target, because multi target DT can now represent a good party boost, would be much appreciated, but devs wont listen :(

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2016

With the soul puppet changes. Though I don't know if they're buggy and OP in parties still, but I feel like they should be able to crit now. For solo they're dealing like 40% less damage now. 5k per hit now for me.

fernuu said:

Yeah, it's something between 58% up to 76.4% - would have to investigate further rest of solobuffs but it's definitely more than 20/40.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

While the powers that be are tweaking the spells, can they please make a review of all thes descriptions from spells and feats and clarify everithing that is vague?

It would be great, if in a spell description it explains that the spell ranks up some of its characteristics increase, to have the starting value at rank 1.

It would be equally awsome to differentiate additive bonuses and multiplicative bonuses with the wording of the description. for example for additive: "an additional X to so-and-so" and for multiplicative bonuses "this get Y more effective"

And lastly, the dammage in the tooltip should always be the total damage for 0% DR on a single target, not sometime the total dammage, sometime one tick and sometime we don't know what. I know I ask for much but it is quite frustrating to think you make a correct choice when in fact you just squander feat and power points.

From someone who doesn't know a thing about the complexity of the task, it seems it would be a not so difficult task

Agreed, they could easily separate between additive and multiplicative by using the word more for multiplicative bonuses and increased for additive bonuses.
    edited July 2016
    Hum.....i dont know, ran a bit of testing on preview SB vs HB single target my always "treasure build" for fury path and:

More or less the same fight time, HB is lower dps, clearly, specially because SB add only C.A. when blink dog decided to, but i did a big part of the time nerf oponent damage and dr with npnm off hand vs dtd off hand, i was using Wraith of shadow instead killing flames but not that it matters, it was a dummie i was hitting. Just the fact that HB is already this good it's a good time to think about going for it.

Ps. I completly forgot to use Helish rebulke, that would make damage go around 16kk and SB damage could be further increased with vanguard banner, wheel of the elements, symbol of watter etc since DC's sigil only purpose was those 2% of brood of hadar and on HB test i could stop the WoS dot and spawn a soul puppet wich would deal minimally better damage.

Overall things seem going pretty good, i think HB still needs some rework, i would still never go for pillar of power buff instead of wrathfull curse, what do you think? is the damage redution justified by the debuff on enemy damage?
    Maybe vorpal on HB?
    Post edited by treesclimber on

edited July 2016
    @treesclimber thanks for the analysis. That's why I mentioned in previous posts that the devs *could* make Hellbringer much better by significantly padding Pillar of Power, both the encounter and feat. Given the zero cooldown nature of Soul Scorch, Pillar of Power would need to offer a non-combustable circle granting increased damage and recharge speed bonus (where the party may benefit as well) at the cost of mobility. I'm trying not to introduce bias as I main a SW, but this seems pretty straight forward and a fair balance to me.

Of course Hellbringer's class features would need a damage focused pat on the back as well. Dust to Dust is just too good of a class feature in dungeons compared to anything Hellbringer has to offer.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    @amenar: thumbs up for giving feedback and looking into stuff!! really great!!
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Soulbinder Fury (since Module 4!)
    A lot of careful work was done and the long awaited SW buffs are overall good. Mainly for PvE. Overall survivability and damage are improved and as well as improvements to some convoluted mechanics. However:

MAJOR PROBLEM (PVP): The major problem that still remains (and is in fact worse!) is that SW has no tools to survive a GF stunlock rotation in PvP. All but defenseless. This is a major vulnerability for which there are now no suitable tools to counter.

DESCRIPTION: A BiS warlock (full tenacity, 180k+ HP, defensive build) gets caught with a single stunlock encounter from a GF and it is already over. SW Cannot break free or do anything and SW must watch helplessly as GF unloads entire rotation combo as HP pool disappears in chunks until dead. Oghma's cannot be used to break free from the initial stun (from BullCharge for example).

BUFFS MADE WORSE: I playtested SW vs GF (BiS vs BiS) for hours last night.
    Before the buffs vs GF: Applying combo of WB+Dreadtheft (5x stacks) would provide 60% DR that would persist through being stunned and thus enable survival of a deadly GF rotation while stunned. This took careful timing but at least there was a tool.
    After the buffs vs GF: Dreadtheft (1x) DR does not cut it. Increased Shadowslip DR 60% is useless (your locked up). Infernal spheres fire off as GF approaches so that new DR source is gone. Negation DR is probably not active vs GF. The result is that GF catches SW with 1skill and they are dead from full HP within a few seconds. Awful.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:
    Shadowslip needs to be able to break control (with penalty, such as decreased or no DR bonus if used in this way).
    Oghma's token needs to be faster-activating and able to break free from GF stunlock skills.
    SW needs DR buffs that persist while being locked/immobilized as we did before.

@strumslinger @terramak @amenar
    Being even more defenseless against a GF stunlock 1rotation combo after the long awaited buffs is awful :(

With dreadtheft, the new BoVa, infernal spheres, GF ward, warding curse, Feytouched, defensive boons, and more all active at once a BiS warlock can still be 1rotated through it all.

Post edited by zeusom on
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

ps. also SW purple Shadowslip still does nothing to mitigate TR shocking execution 1shots like as CW purple shield does.

@zeusom Thanks for being a Shocking Execution victim to report the proposed damage resistance increase granted from Shadow Slip is ignored. Not good. :(

This just confirms my request to:

1) Add a 1 second immunity frame to shadow slip instead of a damage resistance boost. This puts us on par with all other classes in the game, especially after Shadow Slip movement speed will be tuned down. Otherwise, we have no dodge, no shield, and less ability to escape--all of this with severe stamina use penalty and slow stamina recharge speed. Ouch!

2) Single target Dreadtheft damage resistance buff needs to remain relatively unchanged for the encounter to be useful in PvP. It already has so many drawbacks (long cooldown, interrupted by CC, negligible damage, etc.)
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    macjae said:

The DR boosts from powers like Dreadtheft and Infernal Spheres also ought to persist for a little bit after the power ends. Presently, it is especially bad with Infernal Spheres, that you can't stop from firing if you get close (or something closes in on you). That makes them next to useless for protection against melee attacks. And if you stay at range to preserve the benefit (against ranged enemies), you essentially lose one encounter power. So if the benefit persists for 2-3 seconds after it fires, this would help a lot.

I say that spheres should be a double action power like the CW's shield that we can keep and unleash when we wish.
    edited July 2016
    Yes all the extra shadowslip-infernalspheres DR is useless while your being stunlock rayped such as by GF.
    Dreadtheft 5x (60% DR) persisted long enough aand worked if your timing was good. Now there are effectively no means to survive in these situations which actually happen in PVP quite frequently.

@amenar
    Post edited by zeusom on

Burst damage such as rogue SE and GF was cited as a major area of concern for the SW by the Devs as long as 1 year ago, and yet in effect nothing much has changed (and is worse in fact, as I described above).

And having Shadowslip act as a damage absorbing or damage mitigating shield rather than just more normal DR would give SW to have a way to survive shocking.

• dannydark007#2612 dannydark007 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    amenar said:

• Arms of Hadar: Damage increased ~14%.
    • Arms of Hadar: Now properly has a target cap of 5, instead of 6.
    • Arms of Hadar: Range increased to 35', up from 29'.
    • Arms of Hadar: Repositioned the FX so that the hit area and the FX area match up much more accurately. Also tweaked the hit timing to be more in sync with when the FX actually hit the target.
    Arms of Hadar needs something else to make it useful: Suggestion: Add a short knockdown effect to the power.
    amenar said:

• Blades of Vanquished Armies: Increased radius to 13', up from 11'.
    • Blades of Vanquished Armies: No longer locks you in place while you cast the spell.
    • Blades of Vanquished Armies: Now increases your Deflection Chance while active. Amount of Deflection increases with each rank up, starting at 10% at rank 1, and reaching 25% at rank 4.
    • Blades of Vanquished Armies: The swirling blade FX should start drawing sooner, so you shouldn't see targets taking damage before the FX start drawing.
    Blades of Vanquished Armies could also use a damage increase.
    amenar said:

• Curse Bite: Damage increased ~33%.
    • Curse Bite: Rank 4 of this power now properly reduces the cooldown by 1 second.
      damage before the FX start drawing.
    Curse Bite still needs something to make it viable: Suggestion add the following: In Addition Curse Bite adds a Lesser Curse to the target and renews curse duration on all target.
    amenar said:

• Deadly Curse: Increased the base damage dealt when applying your Warlock's Curse, but reduced the rank up benefits to 10% per rank, down from 12% per rank. Net result at rank 4 is a ~35% damage increase.
    Deadly Curse needs a secondary effect: One half this amount of damage is dealt again to all enemies in a 10 ft radius when your Warlock's Curse is removed.
    amenar said:

• Feat: Aura of Cruelty: Radius increased to 50', up from 20'. Now only affects teammates, including companions and other summoned pets, such as Soul Puppets and Immolation Spirits.
    • Feat: Aura of Despair: Radius increased to 50', up from 20'.
    Since they are far enough into Temptation that they cannot be picked up by other specs I'd say both Aura of Cruelty and Aura of Despair need a bit more impact such as 1.5% effect per feat rank.
    amenar said:

• Feat: Soul Bonding: When using Vampiric Embrace on a target that is affected by a Curse, the AoE heal component of the Vampiric Embrace will now trigger properly.

To make Temptation Warlocks viable more needs to be added to Soul Bonding. Suggestion, add the following: In addition Soul Bonding adds 10% to your life steal and life steal severity and your Vampiric Embrace does 50% increased damage.
This discussion has been closed.