test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock changes

Comments

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Bug; Daily power : Tyrannical Curse
    When player cast TC on target, and by accident cast on top usual/normal curse, and use encounter with curse consume mechanic, it remove both, normal and Tyrannical curse

Suggestion; Daily power : Tyrannical Curse
    Add ability recast this daily power once monster affected by Tyrannical curse dies, by click same daily power once once again and recast daily power on new target.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Bug: Essence Defiler - Damage Tool-tip incorrect
    For me Essence Defiler's tool-tip reports 182-182 Physical Damage, yet log parses show it to be in roughly the same range as Eldritch Blast which reports as 1461-1751 damage.

Also, why is it Physical damage?
  • lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Bug: Accursed Souls - Not applying Lesser Curse consistently
    Sometimes the curse activates then disappears immediately, sometimes it doesn't get applied at all. The same behaviour is observable whether you ani-cancel or not.

Should the curse be applied at the beginning or end of the cast? To be usable currently Acc. Souls needs to be ani-cancelled immediately after casting, but if Curse applies at end this could be an issue, equally if curse applies at start and you let the entire animation play out the curse will expire almost immediately.

Suggestion: Apply curse at start of cast, reset curse duration at end of animation - increase duration of lesser curse...

This power feels like it should be central to a Templock as it is 1 of the only Healing powers available. However, the heal is never shared with the party, the damage is lacklustre, target cap low and animation far too long to make it truly useful.
    Not sure why it summons a soul puppet either, the puppet is too weak to help either Fury or Templock, and Damnation has plenty of other ways to summon a puppet anyway.

All of this contributes to making it a clumsy power to use - if you open with it to gain the puppet to manage aggro you waste the heal and mid fight the puppet is of reduced value. If it's intended to be a flexible "utility" power it's opportunity cost (100% AP) feels way too high.

Suggestions:
    Raise target cap (if not for damage then for cursing at least)
    Reduce cast time
    Increase Damage
    Increase Heal
    Soul Bonding to share the heal as per Vampiric Embrace
    Reduce AP Cost to 50%??
    Invulnerability during cast???
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    BUG: Borrowed Time offhand class feature
    Does not increase deflection chance while building sparks.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i fear sprint management will allow perma immunity to damage. Does that feature have a cooldown at least?
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

i fear sprint management will allow perma immunity to damage. Does that feature have a cooldown at least?

Did they change the temptation feat along with this change?
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @rayrdan I was playing around with Shadow Slip on xbox yesterday. We really want to focus on experiences from the PC preview server, but I doubt there is significant difference here:

SWs can repeatedly burst in and out of Shadow Slip with relatively minimal stamina loss compared to other classes. This effect is amplified if the SW is fully feated into Eldritch Momentum, meaning the SW gains 5% stamina each time they take damage. While the SW cannot attack during Shadow Slip, it can self-heal with Borrowed Time and mount insignias. This may lead to a perma-cc immunity and or perma damage immunity exploit (all while self healing) from consecutive burst Shadow Slips. Way too OP and would be nerfed as soon as the complaints come thundering in.

To fairly implement Shadow Slip +% DR, an equivalent cooldown between consecutive Shadow Slip activations may need to be integreated, such as seen with other classes (TR, CW, HR, DC). Also, an equivalent impenetrable 1 second immunity frame should be granted to Shadow Slip, as an immunity frame is better than 100% DR. (Certain game features completely ignore damage resistance, rendering it useless.)

To be honest and fair, after the 1 second immunity frame, Shadow Slip's per second % DR loss should be more severe:

0 to 1 second = Immunity frame
    1 second to 2 seconds = +50% DR
    2 seconds to 3 seconds = +25% DR
    3+ seconds = +zero% DR

I could even argue that SWs should not get ANY +% DR from Shadow Slip IF an equivalent immunity frame is granted--I would actually prefer this change.

Sorry, fellow SWs. Trying to be fair and realistic here.
    edited July 2016
    Not that it can help a whole lot other than in pvp. You gotta deal damage sometime and expose yourself.

Sounds like a nightmare in pvp. Get Dark Revelry, Gladiator's Guile, Shadow Walk, OH bonus, Ambush ring. Even if he's open you won't be hurting him.
    @ghoulz66 or mark a target in PvE with TT/TC, have every mob within 100' sprint to you, then turn into a perma-eveything Shadow Slip dancing jackrabbit while your teammates melt the baddies. :)
    are you really defending a 1 sec damage immunity every time you shift for 0.1 seconds?
    "not inherently imbalanced" is the new trololol?

@macjae good points about Shadow Slip. I actually want it to behave like a dodge for more reasons than PvP alone (Shocking Execution). There are many specific attacks in game that will one shot you even with 80% damage resistance. All classes other than the SW have superior methods of mitigating incoming damage, be it through a shield, dodge immunity, stealth, deflect, etc.

@rayrdan Yes, I am advocating against near perma damage immunity. It's not good for the game. Even though other classes may have (or have had) this ability, I feel a better approach is to tone down the near immunity of other classes rather than upgrade SWs to that level.
    @metalldjt yes, that's a good idea too: Shadow Slip reduces incoming damage by x% is a much, much better solution than adding damage resistance.
    edited July 2016
    ok you have right, beer time

@ralexinor what do ya think? :3

SW should not be hard to kill. It is pure DPS, let us not have another Mod 3 GWF or Mod 9 GF called SW.

Yeah, SW pure DPS, especially when we talk about PvP. Cheers.

About shadow slip - make it reduce incoming damage like warding curse/hand of blight instead of damage resistance, or make it 50/50 and it will be best option.

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    @macjae this is why these constructive discussions are critical, nice work.

@fernuu yes, similar to Hand of Blight, Warding Curse, and Aura of Despair--the "reduce incoming damage by x%" survivability benefit can scale with Shadow Slip duration.

Great ideas, guys. Time to get @amenar on board, haha! I've gotta send this guy a 6-pack when this over.
  • damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Well I hope the changes will at least make life easier for SW in the 1600-2000 IL range because I'm dead tired of my squiiiiiiichy toon dying miserably on quest objectives my other toons breeze through.
    Having no real escape mechanism and a survival mechanism a posteriori (heal) is not the right combo when you need a setup period to start burning ennemy hp.
    And please don't say get a better equiment! It is in the course of equipment and boons acquisition that my SW get squished. This period of the SW evolution is really frustrating and I sincerly hope that the changes will make it less frustrating for a SW to muddle through.
    edited July 2016
    fernuu said:

SW should not be hard to kill. It is pure DPS, let us not have another Mod 3 GWF or Mod 9 GF called SW.

About shadow slip - make it reduce incoming damage like warding curse/hand of blight instead of damage resistance, or make it 50/50 and it will be best option.

Ir other words lets give up offensive and lets build tank warlock...
    Warding curse = resist from cursed ones = 3 targets. Maybe its ok for pvp, but whats pve?
    After all we talk about warlock dodge mechanic for multi purpose, not only for pvp. We don't need another toon builded for pvp only.
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@metalldjt yes, that's a good idea too: Shadow Slip reduces incoming damage by x% is a much, much better solution than adding damage resistance.

Whats about CC? Do we keep warlock as before, that even by jumping from cliff during pvp, Cw catch warlock in middle of air with entangling force before he hit ground even he holded shift button and keepd Shadow slip active all time..
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

fernuu said:

Warding curse = resist from cursed ones = 3 targets. Maybe its ok for pvp, but whats pve?
    After all we talk about warlock dodge mechanic for multi purpose, not only for pvp. We don't need another toon builded for pvp only.
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

Whats about CC? Do we keep warlock as before, that even by jumping from cliff during pvp, Cw catch warlock in middle of air with entangling force before he hit ground even he holded shift button and keepd Shadow slip active all time..
    You didn't get my point. As far as I tested SW's DPS in PvE is fine (assuming TC will spread damage :P). There is no problem to have perma daily on (TC/IS which are nice now) and with sigil of devoted you can have both up for 80% of time. Creeping Death is doing really great job now (~20-28% of total Fury damage, while soul scorch alone does ~35%).

BoVA is nice option for both offensive and defensive side - with IS it's like gauntling gun of soul scorches while still granting 25% deflection chance.

Curse Bite, while it no longer consume curse and got buffed damage is nice option, especially with lesser curse (hello back again all consuming curse). Combine it with Fiery Bolt/BoVA and KF/MF (if it will proc on 4/4) combo and you got full AoE without TC.

Sure, you still will be in behind on burst damage but well, that's kinda class specific - we're DoT and that's why we need more survivability, as over time we produce decent damage. Dunno at lower item levels.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
    \
    fernuu said:

fernuu said:

d4rkh0rs3 said:

You didn't get my point. As far as I tested SW's DPS in PvE is fine (assuming TC will spread damage :P). There is no problem to have perma daily on (TC/IS which are nice now) and with sigil of devoted you can have both up for 80% of time. Creeping Death is doing really great job now (~20-28% of total Fury damage, while soul scorch alone does ~35%).

BoVA is nice option for both offensive and defensive side - with IS it's like gauntling gun of soul scorches while still granting 25% deflection chance.

Curse Bite, while it no longer consume curse and got buffed damage is nice option, especially with lesser curse (hello back again all consuming curse). Combine it with Fiery Bolt/BoVA and KF/MF (if it will proc on 4/4) combo and you got full AoE without TC.

Sure, you still will be in behind on burst damage but well, that's kinda class specific - we're DoT and that's why we need more survivability, as over time we produce decent damage. Dunno at lower item levels.
    So being SB to spam dailies is the only way to compete with other DPS? That doesn't sound fine at all.

• candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    fernuu said:

No pls, not that, i prefer to die to SE only, than die to anything.
    edited July 2016
    fernuu said:

Sounds ok for soulbinders, but whats about hellbringers???
    Gustave Le Bon.

fernuu said:

And as for hellbringer warlock as me??
    Pop dat Gates of Miss and invite your GWF buddy.

• candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    @fernuu IS it's like gauntling gun of soul scorches.
    What means IS? infernal spheres?
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

\

fernuu said:

fernuu said:

d4rkh0rs3 said:

So being SB to spam dailies is the only way to compete with other DPS? That doesn't sound fine at all.

+1
    edited July 2016
    ghoulz66 said:

Thats why all these changes are funny ones.. they are around soulbinder, while hellbringer almost like class who is removed from game at all. ITs already rare to met other hellbringer, with all these changes it will become holocaust of hellbringers. Even its where considered heavy striker, while soulbinder better when comes survivability..
    Gustave Le Bon.

• flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Really hope ya guys are planning considerably more buffs to SW's AoE encounters coming down from the TT/TC changes. Warning: various ways of saying "MAKE IT DO MOAR DEEPS!" ahead. Consider this reply Feedback.

(edited text for the guidelines. I didn't embolden all the text due to personal choice as that makes reading large blocks of it a bit of an eyesore :/ )

Curse Bite is still a touch underwhelming overall, imo, though I do appreciate upping its dmg to be closer to Fiery Bolt. It'd be nice if it had a smaller splash dmg effect on targets near ur Cursed ones, or some other AoE aspect to combat the curse # limit.

Pillar of Power is still quite lackluster. I'd consider redesigning the power to focus on one of 2 routes: make it purely a burst dps AoE that has the same setup + explosion mechanic, but up the dmg (and radius) *greatly* and drop the buff aspect entirely. OR.. go fully the other way and make it a pure buff power that has a shorter cd, wider radius, and no detonation effect to end it prematurely (annoying to have ur dmg buff go away cause one mob sauntered into it, imo). Right now Pillar of Power is kinda trying to do both, but failing at doing anything well, imo.

BotVA I'm unsure of. I'd like it to be a strong dps option even vs. one target since it encourages close-up play, but it seems now more useful for its deflection and spark gen capability. I guess I'm okay w/ that, but it just means other AoE power options need to pick up the slack for their outright dps (namely for HB, since it lacks the spark mechanic).

The changes to Infernal Spheres are all welcome, but I still feel like the power should do more dmg. As someone else suggested, I wouldn't necc mind losing its heal function for quite more dmg per sphere. And yeah, it'd be nice to have it and DT's dmgRes buffs last a good bit after their spell effect is consumed (and maybe make the sphere's buff more visible so you can track it better).

Flames of Phlegethos seems to have missed the buff train. Now its DoT seems to be rather lackluster compared to the other dailies. For a Firelock, it'd be great if single-target dmg of this was better, so HB locks can use Gates for AoE and Flames for single-target and keep it all FIRE! dmg. If that means the 25% splash dmg needs to be lowered in %age to keep that were it is (a minor component), then so be it.

In light of Damnation and helping more HB builds, it'd be nice if Hellish Rebuke could also be refreshed if the target hits your soul puppet.

On the topic of the soul puppet, I'd also like for Damnation's Spitfire to only be active when you or the puppet are put into combat. People may disagree w/ this, but I find the aura DoT being active out-of-combat to be annoying and not very good design.

Would also be nice if another At-will other than the final hit of Eld Blast had an AoE aspect- maybe add a splash dmg effect to the target hit by Dark Spiral Aura? Or a splash dmg effect somewhere on Hand of Blight?

It seems like Harrowstorm is doing much less damage than the tooltip lets on (about half). Not sure which is intended, but this def helps the power feeling too slow for what ya get from it.

Arms of Hadar is still underwhelming. I can understand keeping the dps in check if it is to keep its brief AoE prone, but it still feels weak and slow atm. The anim also tends to glitching out, making its actual hit area confusing, and it still seems to be too narrow for what it does. I'd pick 1-2 aspects of it (the prone time, the dmg, the cast time, or the AoE radius) and considerably buff it, depending on the primary function that ya guys want from the power (like pillar, seems to be trying to juggle too many things).

It seems that you guys removed the cast bar from Fiery Bolt, but is it still supposed to be on Wraith's Shadow? Bit unsure about Wraith's Shadow in general, as the tooltip implies that the DoT dmg is back-ended on the final tick, yet it encourages you to end the DoT early for the curse function (more upfront dmg, a debuff, and a soul puppet to deal even more dmg). It also doesn't seem like the 'more dmg on final tick' aspect is working (or true) anyways.

Temptation as a tree is still lacking, imo. Not sure what direction ya guys want for it, but it'd be nice if it had more_stronger exclusive buffs, or just more dmg boosts for itself (the capstone literally does nothing for you atm- its purely for allies, and that's weird for a Striker class).

Also gotta get used to not spamming the tab key anymore, I guess, as the changes to Warlock's Curse's activation means ur locked onto that target for the duration. That's kinda annoying when ur used to spamming and don't have a cast bar to go by.

Keep plugging at it, devs! Glad ur getting around to class balance now. I don't expect people to agree w/ my points (and I can't really offer anything to pvp'ers- not my thing), but I just want this class to be more powerful across more options, esp now that it seems its 'crutches' are being shattered.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User

ghoulz66 said:

Thats why all these changes are funny ones.. they are around soulbinder, while hellbringer almost like class who is removed from game at all. ITs already rare to met other hellbringer, with all these changes it will become holocaust of hellbringers. Even its where considered heavy striker, while soulbinder better when comes survivability..
    Nice I was thinking as a Hellbringer Fury I was the last of my kind. And after all this time they give us the same old tired line . We are aware of your problems and are looking at it. Maybe next Mod. Yeah think . Perhaps if the team would play a little less Pokemon Go they might find the time to finally fix a Hellbringer Fury .
    It's too late, SB is done, it exists. The only thing they can do is give HB damage and class features that have their own advantages over going SB, in which there are absolutely zero atm.

How you can beat an encounter with no CD, regen and LS, and daily spam, is beyond me.
    edited July 2016
    hawkeyel said:

Nice I was thinking as a Hellbringer Fury I was the last of my kind. And after all this time they give us the same old tired line . We are aware of your problems and are looking at it. Maybe next Mod. Yeah think . Perhaps if the team would play a little less Pokemon Go they might find the time to finally fix a Hellbringer Fury .

U are not alone, at least for now. But if all goes as its now, which is r overall warlock nerf, and possible SB buff, which ends overall hellbringer holocaust. Probably u will be forced move to SB or to other class..
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    Gustave Le Bon.

With IS I mean Immolation Spirits.

SW on live is same - about spamming dailies, so here nothing changes (black humor :D).

About hellbringer - well, on previous page there is statement about it - they will look further into it so we need to wait for next preview patch.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
This discussion has been closed.