test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any class changes or rebalancing confirmed?

Comments

• Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Nerf lunging strike...really. Does almost no damage, no prone or anything special. Not heavily used in PvP to my knowledge. It's just for movement. Why nerf it?
    It's the only way I can keep up with party members going 900 mph in PvE dungeons. So dumb.

I knew the ITF thing was coming. That's a PvE nerf and might still be too OP in PvP. I thought they'd drop it to 50.
    The HP is garbage so temp or not means jack ****.

Really, the biggest nerf I see on there is Anvil of Doom. Rip DPS GF. That skill is useless for PvE now, Everyone will use Knee breaker or flourish instead. Extra dmg for 5 seconds after waiting for the target to get to 50% LOL. Why not just remove it entirely instead of leaving it handicapped and HAMSTER?

Chopped steel defense in half!?! Its usually CS and SWW in PvP and it's usually used to survive Orcus' massive blasts so you can recoup some HP before the next bomb comes in. That's a hard pill to swallow. But I gave up tanking with build long ago so that's the real tanks' problem, not mine.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    So is ITF down to a 25% DPS boost?

Awesome

Why nerf lunging strike?

Geez

@thefabricant - thnx for taking the time to test it and post it here for us lazier types, appreciated

@deathbeez - the SM will still be able to tank Orcus, some of us IV's have been doing it without SD

but yeah
  • Options
    Holy ****, that's capped 25% TOTAL for Into the Fray. Are you kidding me!!!!!??
    That's 300% nerf!!

• Options
    deathbeez said:

That's 300% nerf!!

I don't know, that's how I'm reading thefabricant's post, but I'm not sure. Might try and finish off any forgotten boons I need on the GF, freaken quickly
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

deathbeez said:

That's 300% nerf!!

I don't know, that's how I'm reading thefabricant's post, but I'm not sure. Might try and finish off any forgotten boons I need on the GF, freaken quickly
    ITF in no way, shape or form relates to DR. ITF just provides a flat damage buff of up to 25%.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    lantern22 said:

deathbeez said:

That's 300% nerf!!

I'm on preview. Oh, this sucks. Even the bubble didn't get **** this bad. 300% nerf!? Our core skill!
    Anvil, our core DPS taken away. Wait till the target is at 50% to get some extra damage. Who's going to slot that EVER AGAIN?
    Our core tank skill, Steel Defense, chopped in half.

Forget the nerf, give us a blindfold and put us out of our misery. What where they thinking!?

..But they left Knight's Challenge 200% DPS and Bull charge's cheese PvP prone. *shrug*

Why give weak lunge and strong bullcharge the same CD and use Lunge ever again? Who thinks of this?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

lantern22 said:

deathbeez said:

That's 300% nerf!!

ITF in no way, shape or form relates to DR. ITF just provides a flat damage buff of up to 25%.
    See now that just sucks, all the arti's we have refined to mythic for defence stats mostly wasted now.

But let me guess, there will be something in the Zen store soon, like an epic mount etc., that we can use instead.

Probably swap what I can to my CW, maybe . . .

I'm fairly pissed off atm, not much point saying anything else, would just get removed by the mods anyway.

• Options
    aasuraasur Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Not a fan of nerfing ITF that hard, but in fairness, it brings GF buff a bit more inline with Pally's Aura of Courage.

The Steel Defense nerf is IMO too much. Pally bubble is 6 sec immunity to GROUP - why is GF self immunity now half of that, assuming parity was the goal?
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

As you'll see in the very near future, our main focus on this round of class balances is to make other paths and builds viable.

After reading Sharp's interim patch notes, can't say I'm super excited about playing Archer or Combat HR...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

Might try and finish off any forgotten boons I need on the GF, freaken quickly

ditto and my OP as well :)

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I haven't tested this on preview yet but my initial reaction to the HR changes is:
    1) Not enough done to increase HR burst damage in pvp. At equal high-geared levels, HRs are basically incapable of damaging TRs, GWFs, GFs, DCs and paladins. Since Gushing Wound's animation is one of the longest in game, buffs to it do not help. IT remains useless in pvp while EVERY OTHER STRIKER CLASS has an intantaneous, high-damage ability. Some classes have two or three.
    2) No fix to how HR dodges do not avoid control effects. This is and has been illogical.
    3) No one uses split strike (5 target cap on split shot, laughable damage) but undoing the ( if memory serves) mod 2 40% nerf is a start. Now undo it for split SHOT.
    4) No one uses ambush/bear trap. I guess we'll see if they've become worthwhile, but why focus on this instead of more useful abilities?
    5) Adding a charge counter to steel breeze is completely pointless. What, are we now required to use slasher's mark to refill stamina? We're already overloaded with charge counted abilities. IF anything was to be done with these, reducing the absurdly long refill time on Cordon of Arrows would have been the place to start.
    6) Making Oak Skin relevant again is nice but what on earth is the point of Binding Shot, a rooting ability, not proccing roots? This seems absurd.
    7) Wasn't Split the Sky ALWAYS supposed to snare targets? How many years does it take to fix a broken ability that doesn't work as advertised? Will you finally make Forest Ghost function in combat and get rid of the delay caused by its animation?
    8) No one uses Commanding Shot, so I guess we'll see if it's become relevant...
    9) The buff to CSH is nice for those few people playing Stormwarden, but unless you've made the thing work many times better it will still be useless except against dragons.
    10) The fix that Marauder's Escape needed was that it shouldn't have been possible to target through it. No word of a fix to that. I don't see the point of adding damage to a getaway utility power.
    11) Aimed shot not being interrupted is nice. That's about the ONLY item on this list that anyone playing the class actually asked for.
    12) Adding charges to Rain of Swords seems completely pointless. If the class is based on encounter rotations then stop interrupting our rotations with waiting for charges to refill, buff our at-wills enough to make them useful or give us another way to play.

Some suggestions:

1) Cut down the animation of Gushing Wound by half. You know, like you did for Lashing Blade when you were handing out all the presents to TRs.
    2) Dodges should dodge control effects.
    3) Get rid of the animation delay in Forest Ghost. It should function like a TR's tab key.
    4) HR seems to be the only class whose control durations are basically nonexistent against highly geared players in pvp. Make them relevant. I'm not asking for an overbuff like you gifted to TRs in mod 5, but other classes all but ignore HR control powers. That has to change.
    5) The charges on steel breeze are a terrible idea. No.
    6) Reduce charge refill time on Cordon of Arrows to 8 seconds.
    7) Get rid of charges on Hindering Shot or increase them to 5 from 3.
    8) Buff all at-wills except Careful Attack and Aimed Shot by at least 60% if you want them to be relevant in gameplay. They are and have been laughable and useless except as utilities to increase Aspect of the Serpent stacks.
    9) It should be impossible to target through Marauder's Escape. And we like the AP gain, thank you very much, so give it back and keep the damage.
    10) Add a control break/immunity to Forest Ghost that ends on the first use of any other damaging power.
    11) Buffs of at least 40% to Hindering Shot/Strike and Constricting Shot, though I'm not sure if even that's enough to make them relevant in pvp unless you reduce the tankiness of GWF, GF, TR, DC and OP.
    12) Don't make feats dependent on the use of specific at-wills, dailies or encounters. We want to figure out our own rotations, not have them dictated by feat trees. That should apply to all classes. Also, just forget about the advanced stalking thing. We don't want it. We didn't ask for it. It looks pointless.
    13) MAKE THE DODGE BIG ENOUGH TO ESCAPE AOE EFFECTS. We already have to use our dodge twice as often as those other classes that have a dodge. Now the nerf to steel breeze would make it harder to regenerate stamina, making a longstanding problem even worse.
    14) Check the HR class forums for many, many threads of useful suggestions. It doesn't seem like you guys bothered to do this obvious thing AT ALL. Back in mod 4, the TR class had many valid complaints and you actually reached out to them for input (before you overbuffed them to require all the skill of a spastic toddler). Players have presented dozens of better ideas than anything on your list of changes.

Post edited by feanor70118 on
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Agreed @feanor70118.

So many of these changes make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Only two of these changes were requested by the community for ages (increased RoA radius and Aimed Shot not being interrupted). All the others are strange to say the least. Most are powers we don't use because they suck - even after the newest changes. Commanding Shot will never be a better option than Thorn Ward (ridiculously long animation anyone?). Why add meaningless damage to Marauder's Escape when we asked for an actual escape from CC (you know like the name of the power suggests?). Until they fix the zoom-in-zoom-out visuals for Split Strike I will continue to ignore that at-will. CtG is better for AoE damage regardless. Charges for Rain of Swords? Why? We have enough encounters with charges that aren't affected by Recovery FFS.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Sorry, hit the wrong key. Please delete this comment since I can't seem to.

• Options
    banqrupbanqrup Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    So, from what I can see the SW soul puppet isn't being touched and fury is being destroyed. Thus, my 4k SW fury will have to go damnation and sit back useless while a NPC puppet does damage. Not to mention there'll be 2.8 puppet builds doing like damage with a lot less invested.
    Am I missing something or is this a slap in the face as it seems?
    TT appears to be a Fing joke. I'd love to hear some words if insight when more info is found plz.
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Puppet dps will be lower too, cause overall buffs will be significantly lower (itf nerf). But yes, fury will suck in pve and it's not gonna be viable build anymore.
    So it's gonna be temptation or damnation for pve... I hate puppet "exploit" so i guess i'm gonna respeck to temptation
  • Options
    jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    They changed or at least changed the puppet tooltip according to the thread in preview. So we dont know how it will work now, but it appears it will be tied to the players stats .
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    Again no pvp adjustment for the HR we cant even dent the better players in PVP with damage and due to Elven Battle we don't have any root ticks against BIS so what good is Root damage increases. with removal of roots to binding you do away with rest of CC vs BIS wearing negation
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    jhpnw said:

Again no pvp adjustment for the HR we cant even dent the better players in PVP with damage and due to Elven Battle we don't have any root ticks against BIS so what good is Root damage increases. with removal of roots to binding you do away with rest of CC vs BIS wearing negation

None of the balance is aimed at PvP. This is all for PvE because that's the mode that people actually play.
    metalldjt said:

urabask said:

lantern22 said:

fastrean3 said:

The class on the nerf table up and down~up and down~up and down~the class on the nerf table up and down~Cryptic do it all day long~ :*

Everyone here are alll with their hidden agendas that offending & defending the classes they like & dislike >:)

Hmm...it looks like better to play all classes, no matter what ever buff & nerf, you will still play on top :p

Nerfing classes is bad for the game, except for a small handful of hard core players, ppl get peeved off and leave. Hopefully it is adjustments instead of hard nerfs.

Anyway I have two "main" toons and working on another (GWF) as a mitigation strategy.

I must say from what Andy just posted, I'm hopeful of some sensible balancing to be done.

Time to wait and see what the future has in store . . . . . :)

ITF got nerfed hard. Hope you guys like taking twice as long in dungeons.

Also killed tank builds and just encourages everyone to go DPS because they don't need to stack defense as hard so there are better artifact choices now.
    defense is not doing anythin in PvE to provide you any sort of tankyness, if ITF got nerfed,it does open a larger variety to builds and still use ITF without being bound to DEFENSE , maybe you wont get 200% more damage, but you are goin to get less, without the cost of having defense, that wouldn't give u any sort of tankyness...

look at that run with 900 itl, he tanked orcus without any defense, thats a great feat...

LE: yep ITF got changed, and thats a good change! props for the change
    It does not increase variety in builds; it decreases them. Before you had a choice between slotting defensive artifacts and offensive artifacts. Now you just slot offensive artifacts, radiants in def slots on armor/rings/artifact equips and hit the DR cap with bonding runestones.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    kalindra said:

And to add insult to injury they couldn't even keep their dirty fingers from LS, and thus making us a walking joke, tagging endlessly after our party members.

Yeah, that was really dumb. Give GWFs a mach4 sprint buff but give us no way to catch up, and when we get there, everything is dead.
  • Options
    virsalus#4183 virsalus Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    If they really make people's mythic artifacts on GFs useless, they better come up with some sort of compensation. The time and resources spent on something like that is no joke.
  • Options
    midnightflaresmidnightflares Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    kalindra said:

So it's gonna be temptation or damnation for pve... I hate puppet "exploit" so i guess i'm gonna respeck to temptation

Do you think temptation will be viable r even competitive again?
    It was quite dead for some time now, but I'ld like to reactivate that SW of mine.
    Temptation has been playable, it will be much easier to gear now because one can gain up to an extra 15% LS from class features.
  • Options
    virsalus#4183 virsalus Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    I understand their motivation behind this, it's just stupid to let people's work go to waste like that. Well, I guess you could at least use the artifacts to feed other artifacts that are better suited to the new situation?
  • Options
    wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    GWF and CW still too tanky in pvp fix high self regen and lifesteal in pvp. this gf nerf is crazy. they destroy the class and some class didnt even touch
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    kalindra said:

Do you think temptation will be viable r even competitive again?
    It was quite dead for some time now, but I'ld like to reactivate that SW of mine.
    Healing wise it works just fine. Only issue might be that is healing really needed for high end pve player party and how well does it work in pvp.
    I will try temptation after all these balancing goes to live server and can give you proper answer then.
  • Options
    banqrupbanqrup Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    null
    Thanks. Like you said, what good is a healing SW for ppl who are BIS or close. I don't want a mod 4 SW, personally (not that it wasnt viable at the time). SW needs to be a viable dps class, with the option to run heal/support (temp) at lower, or higher if one chooses, item level. Instead they will have everyone running puppet, and punish higher IL furylocks. I'm loking forward to you all results.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I did not test anything at all, but I hope the puppet get´s a fix, even with a fixed ITF the damage will be silly.
    I read that Dread Theft will not stack up to five stacks any more against a single target, wich will make the warlock even more useless in PVP.
    DT-stacks was the best way to avoid big burst with instant death against GF/GWF/CW and more.
    So either nerfing your DR from 60% down to 12,5%, 1 vs 1 sounds silly to me.
    On top we lose a big part of speed from shadowslip 40% down to 17,5%?....who on earth told the devs that this is an issue?
    Our only defense was speed and dreadtheft stacks.
    Taking Speed and DR-stacks, together the most important things in my eyes, makes me shake my head and only proves what I knew for long.

Maybe damnation will be the best option in PVE and PVP in case the puppet will get 50%+25% of your HP and your stats from deflection/LS/RI and your spirits will fill up your sparks.
    Runnings PVP focussed damnationbuild will serve for both, PVE and PVP i guess, this may help a lot in PVP, despite the big lose in speed and DT-stacks.

-Soul puppet now gains an additional 25% of your maximum hitpoints and 100% of your Lifesteal Chance, Deflection Chance and Resistance Ignored. Their Deflection severity and lifesteal severity are 50%.
    Mocking Spirit increase ghost HP by 50% of your hit points, it didn't do that.
    - Immolation Spirits - they now have 50% chance on attack to give soul spark.
    - Wrathful Souls siphon some damage done by ghost healing warlock (10% of damage done).
    --> a puppte having about 150k HP, 30% LS chance, 30% deflection chance and 140% RI ? sounds powerfull to me

All in all: TR´s will onhit and GF will have less problems in sniping us away in 2 seconds since he can run even faster, like GWF will stand on your feet 24/7, no way to slip away.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

I did not test anything at all, but I hope the puppet get´s a fix, even with a fixed ITF the damage will be silly.
    I read that Dread Theft will not stack up to five stacks any more against a single target, wich will make the warlock even more useless in PVP.
    DT-stacks was the best way to avoid big burst with instant death against GF/GWF/CW and more.
    So either nerfing your DR from 60% down to 12,5%, 1 vs 1 sounds silly to me.
    On top we lose a big part of speed from shadowslip 40% down to 17,5%?....who on earth told the devs that this is an issue?
    Our only defense was speed and dreadtheft stacks.
    Taking Speed and DR-stacks, together the most important things in my eyes, makes me shake my head and only proves what I knew for long.

Maybe damnation will be the best option in PVE and PVP in case the puppet will get 50%+25% of your HP and your stats from deflection/LS/RI and your spirits will fill up your sparks.
    Runnings PVP focussed damnationbuild will serve for both, PVE and PVP i guess, this may help a lot in PVP, despite the big lose in speed and DT-stacks.

-Soul puppet now gains an additional 25% of your maximum hitpoints and 100% of your Lifesteal Chance, Deflection Chance and Resistance Ignored. Their Deflection severity and lifesteal severity are 50%.
    Mocking Spirit increase ghost HP by 50% of your hit points, it didn't do that.
    - Immolation Spirits - they now have 50% chance on attack to give soul spark.
    - Wrathful Souls siphon some damage done by ghost healing warlock (10% of damage done).
    --> a puppte having about 150k HP, 30% LS chance, 30% deflection chance and 140% RI ? sounds powerfull to me

All in all: TR´s will onhit and GF will have less problems in sniping us away in 2 seconds since he can run even faster, like GWF will stand on your feet 24/7, no way to slip away.

@schietindebux http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12846890
  • Options
    dannydark007#2612 dannydark007 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I think my biggest problem is how the re-balancing is being done: there seems to be no system to it, it just seems a series of patches and duct tape.

How it should be done:
    Go through class by class, power and feat by power and feat and ask the following questions:
    For Classes, Paragon Paths, and Feat Specs the questions are:
    What is this Class/Spec’s role in the game? (Striker/Tank/Controller/Leader (Buff, Debuff, Healing))
    Does this Class/Spec have a secondary role?
    Can this Class/Spec viably perform their primary and secondary roles in the game compared to the other Classes/Specs with similar roles?
    Is this Class/Spec being commonly used?
    What needs to change for this Class/Spec to be viable in its role?
    And for each question there is also an inherent Why/Why Not question attached.
    Goals: Every Class, Paragon Path, and Feat Spec should be able to perform its primary and secondary roles and/or bring some useful utility to group. Equally geared/skilled players should be able perform their assigned role on a competitive footing with other Classes/Specs in the same role. Adding a secondary role should not eliminate the ability to be competitive at their primary role.

This then leads to similar questions for Specific Powers and Feats:
    Is this power/feat being used?
    Does this power/feat help the character perform their role or provide useful utility to the character and/or party?
    How does this power/feat compare to other powers and feats options available to this class?
    How does this power/feat compare to other powers and feats options available to other classes?
    How can we change either the ability or the environment to make this option viable?
    And for each question there is also an inherent Why/Why Not question attached.
    Goals: There should be NO bad choices, every power, feat, or spec should useful in some way and comparable to other power & feat options within the class and comparable to similar powers and feat options of other classes WITHIN THEIR ROLE.