test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I would imagine the difference you saw was in fury vs damnation. Both are very situational on where and when they can see their major damage spikes with both the puppet and murderous flames being equally buggy imo.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User

Hi Kolat and Fernu, I'm on Xbox, waiting for Orcus Set to be released and actually 3.8k gear with Black Ice Set as i will not pass to LM set just before it will be nerfed on console.

Yesterday i Meet a player with a 4k SW Hellbringer, and generally Since Long Time ago, with this Path, Hellbringer, i never found a SW doing more damage than a SB Damnation or latest fury path spec.

But Yesterday happened, and the difference was of SEVERAL millions damage.

there will be soon a new powerfull HB-Fury Build or you think it was just a case...? Did you do any test on an hellbringer sw recently?

SW hellbringer, fury with owlbear. Drop all your crit and its prety on par with SB
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I've written it over and over - SB has better feats than HB, better defensive mechanics and HB misses soul scorch. The only thing that HB has interesting is pillar of power as selfbuff so you can really nuke with KF/MF but it's not worth it anyway.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    If you want to play hb, damnation is only reasonable option.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Hi,

I have been testing the "new" Lostmauth set and it doesn't crit at all, so my only reason to keep it was the sparks boost generation.

As it didn't generate any spark I have exchanged it for a Blackice set. It does almost no damage but the extra CON and CHA are pretty cool =)

Unfortunately I don't have Orcus set =(
  • mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    @kolatmaster I saw the screenshot of your toon a few pages back...and holy **** buckets, batman! May I ask how in god's name you got them that high? I can only guess with 6 bonding procs or something.
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    mrshabok said:

@kolatmaster I saw the screenshot of your toon a few pages back...and holy **** buckets, batman! May I ask how in god's name you got them that high? I can only guess with 6 bonding procs or something.

nisckis said:

@kolatmaster You nasty boy, doing nasty things :p

va8Ru.gif
    Greetings all!

Post Class Changes update from last Thursday, 4/20/16, I've switched to the Demonic Set and I'm waiting until a 2xRP weekend happens to upgrade it fully w/my old Lostmauth Set.

Current rotation is: Soul Scorch / Killing Flames / Blades of Vanquished Armies, w/All Consuming Curse and Borrowed Time as the utility powers.

Seeing if any rotation works for Fury w/o Soul Scorch, but we'll see how that goes... lol

Also eventually switching to the Stronghold Artifact Weapon Set as it's slowly becoming more prevalent and accessible... Many thanks to Trogdor, a guildie, and his mad profession skillz!

va8Ru.gif
  • nyihahanyihaha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    With this 2RP I upgraded my Demonic set fully and it works fine now. For trash it's the best to use Vanquished Army however for boss fights I stick to Hadar's grasp. And yes, I switched to Fury two weeks ago, puppet was boring. :)
    Also I need a Snail mount, please feel free to donate. :P
    Seriously I have to work on AP gain. A increased my Recovery so it's not that bad but I need to use DC sigil if mob dies too fast. :)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    https://youtu.be/kSNskuDH6kI?t=593

I am starting to think that the orcus set bonus is much better on SW than any other class and the buff is being applied multiple times on SW hits, as when running with weaker groups, fernu is hitting much harder since getting the set than ever before across the board. I am not sure exactly how much of a dps boost it is, but @fernuu can probably give you some precise numbers.
    edited May 2016
    I think it's actually combination of Dread and Orcus, even without using it's full potential. ACT from last fight:

BoVA helps a lot with sparks so there is no loss from lostmauth set and orcus is buffing anyway. I'm kinda thinking (but dunno how to test it) that fury buffs are multiplicative with others (orcus, itf/dc/mof, sh weapons and especially TT). I have trippled @thefabricant effectiveness there (on average) while we shared same buffs.

Here's an ACT from WoD dragon run without fabled set - low amount of DPS (my pet was 4th...) but buffed by lil fatmushroom and Edermask and still 9 dragons killed. Again - my effectivness is highest among all:

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    fernuu said:

I think it's actually combination of Dread and Orcus, even without using it's full potential. ACT from last fight:

BoVA helps a lot with sparks so there is no loss from lostmauth set and orcus is buffing anyway. I'm kinda thinking (but dunno how to test it) that fury buffs are multiplicative with others (orcus, itf/dc/mof, sh weapons and especially TT). I have trippled @thefabricant effectiveness there (on average) while we shared same buffs.

Here's an ACT from WoD dragon run without fabled set - low amount of DPS (my pet was 4th...) but buffed by lil fatmushroom and Edermask and still 9 dragons killed. Again - my effectivness is highest among all:

We could probably test how SW buffs and debuffs work over the coarse of a few hours on preview, after fully respeccing our characters. For example, we could test how the curse mechanic interacts with say the high prophet set bonus, as the expected result is that the 2 debuffs add, but if they multiply, you would get a vastly different effectiveness. Each case would take a different set of conditions to test though and I imagine it would take us at least a week or so to get completely accurate results.

va8Ru.gif
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Choo Choo, i hear nerf train coming.
  • superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Hello guyz, i have a question for the summoned companion between Zhentarim and Shadow demon. I know shadow demon hits much harder as well as that he procs his bonding a bit slower because his 0 sec cooldown attack is melee. So if i have a very high item level do i need the damage from the demon or should i aim for the fastest proc? What do you suggest for end-game purposes?
    I have both at legendary and feel like Shadow Demon procs noticeably faster. Also, in right buff group I've had Shadow Demon hitting for upwards of 1mil.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    @fernuu Is your pet a shadow demon?
  • bawzdeepbawzdeep Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    @fernuu , Nice hit. Looking forward to finishing my Orcus set in a few weeks.
    @niadan - yes, currently I'm using shadow demon
    @bawzdeep - thanks :) Orcus set is a beast, really bis for SW (especially fury)

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User

fernuu said:

We could probably test how SW buffs and debuffs work over the coarse of a few hours on preview, after fully respeccing our characters. For example, we could test how the curse mechanic interacts with say the high prophet set bonus, as the expected result is that the 2 debuffs add, but if they multiply, you would get a vastly different effectiveness. Each case would take a different set of conditions to test though and I imagine it would take us at least a week or so to get completely accurate results.
    I would strip my companions and look if those numbers disappear.
    Is it possible that maxed companions spending combatadvantage and having high ammounts of critseverity yourself (fernu you are at maybe 130%?) are part of this effectiveness? Legendary companions spend 15% from their stats to you, each one , right?
    the moment you cast that KF all buffs are up ITF, BtS etc
    Otherwise...warlockclass simply is buggy

• kingsuspectkingsuspect Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    What do we think about Shadowclad for pve? With Vicious enchants & Shadow demon companion, shouldn't be too bad right...
    Just got a perfect dread this weekend now that it's out on xbox. Honestly though I can't tell the difference between it and the TVorpal. Cooldowns on powers are so long that I am casting at wills constantly. Paying more attention now than ever with Enchant proc only on encounters. Any thoughts on this? Will damage increase be more noticeable once multiplied by the Orcus set?
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
    edited May 2016
    You should test first how much damage percentage is dealt by your encounters from total damage dealt. You should see that overall damage from it might come to 70-85% (keep in mind TT, CD and other fury feats like executioner etc.). Also, keep in mind Dread debuffs.

Let's take a look on this example (eToS last boss): https://i.gyazo.com/95ace62e0ab3e25fb94eea2744a00b55.png

Soul Scorch: 30% overall damage
    Killing Flames: 8% overall damage
    BoVA: 5% overall damage
    Murderous Flames: 18% overall damage *

Total:
    61% overall damage

So now I can also assume, that 61% damage from Tyranical Threat, Creeping Death, Executioner's Gift and Critical Damage is done from encounters (well, it's simplified but good enough for fast calc):

(Damage Type: overall_damage% * encounters% = overall encounter influence%)
    Tyranical Threat: 19% * 61% = 11%
    Creeping Death: 14% * 61% = 8% **
    Executioner's Gift: 5% * 61% = 3% **

Total: 61% + 11% + 8% + 3% = 83%

* Murderous Flames aren't encounter but they depends only on Killing Flames so I put it there
    ** I know I'd have to make it more accurate by dividing necrotic damage type but for fast calculation - it's good enough

On the other hand - on this ACT Essence Defiler is only 2% in total damage :P

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
    fernuu said:

You should test first how much damage percentage is dealt by your encounters from total damage dealt. You should see that overall damage from it might come to 70-85% (keep in mind TT, CD and other fury feats like executioner etc.). Also, keep in mind Dread debuffs.

Let's take a look on this example (eToS last boss): https://i.gyazo.com/95ace62e0ab3e25fb94eea2744a00b55.png

Soul Scorch: 30% overall damage
    Killing Flames: 8% overall damage
    BoVA: 5% overall damage
    Murderous Flames: 18% overall damage *

Total:
    61% overall damage

So now I can also assume, that 61% damage from Tyranical Threat, Creeping Death, Executioner's Gift and Critical Damage is done from encounters (well, it's simplified but good enough for fast calc):

(Damage Type: overall_damage% * encounters% = overall encounter influence%)
    Tyranical Threat: 19% * 61% = 11%
    Creeping Death: 14% * 61% = 8% **
    Executioner's Gift: 5% * 61% = 3% **

Total: 61% + 11% + 8% + 3% = 83%

* Murderous Flames aren't encounter but they depends only on Killing Flames so I put it there
    ** I know I'd have to make it more accurate by dividing necrotic damage type but for fast calculation - it's good enough

On the other hand - on this ACT Essence Defiler is only 2% in total damage :P

@fernuu if you have the time, we can try to reverse engineer how MF, TT and puppet work.
    @thefabricant I should be online +3 hours from now so then we can start doing some magic, I'll download latest preview patch now

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    fernuu said:

@thefabricant I should be online +3 hours from now so then we can start doing some magic, I'll download latest preview patch now

rubs hands together and laughs in anticipation of all the goodness about to be revealed :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I am currently running a soul binder fury build. I level is 3900. I do top damage basically everytime on xbox. With the lost set nerf and lack of soul sparks generated from it, what has been your guys solution to this? Bova? Seems to work ok but I'm still not generating sparks like I used too. Also what's everyone main power rotation? I could care less about trash mobs as TT melts them ridiculously quick anyways. I'm currently going with killing flames, Hadars grasp and soul scorch. Also seeing what comps y'all run. I am rocking merc, belials, air, fire archons and seige master. Anyone test the intellect devour, blink dog combo? My combat advantage is sitting at 1398 so I know I've hit the cap on that. Was curious if anyone had any luck with it. Thanks for the replies

I am currently running a soul binder fury build. I level is 3900. I do top damage basically everytime on xbox. With the lost set nerf and lack of soul sparks generated from it, what has been your guys solution to this? Bova? Seems to work ok but I'm still not generating sparks like I used too. Also what's everyone main power rotation? I could care less about trash mobs as TT melts them ridiculously quick anyways. I'm currently going with killing flames, Hadars grasp and soul scorch. Also seeing what comps y'all run. I am rocking merc, belials, air, fire archons and seige master. Anyone test the intellect devour, blink dog combo? My combat advantage is sitting at 1398 so I know I've hit the cap on that. Was curious if anyone had any luck with it. Thanks for the replies

BoVA has been the most consistent solution, running that and Soul Scorch/Killing Flames. For some bosses I can switch back to the Soul Scorch/Hadar's Grasp/Killing Flames rotation.

Companions for me are: Blink Dog / Shadow Demon / Paranoid Delusions / Drow Mercenary in the main slot. w/Siege Master/Air-Earth-Fire Archon

The CBA ones are plausible also, really depends on your play style... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Nice thanks for the reply. So shadow demon works well for you then? I'll check it out. Was thinking of grabbing up a yeti and trying that out.