test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User

Deal up to 20% additional damage based on the difference in hit point percentage between the player and target.

The question is how does that 20% work? I already asked at forums some weeks ago but no one had figured yet.

Is it minimum(20, player_hp_percentage-target_hp_percentage)? --> goes from 0 to 20 as you burn the target.
    or is it maximum(20, 20+target_hp_percentage-player_hp_percentage)? --> goes from 20 to 0 as you burn the target.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    nisckis said:

Deal up to 20% additional damage based on the difference in hit point percentage between the player and target.

The question is how does that 20% work? I already asked at forums some weeks ago but no one had figured yet.

Is it minimum(20, player_hp_percentage-target_hp_percentage)? --> goes from 0 to 20 as you burn the target.
    or is it maximum(20, 20+target_hp_percentage-player_hp_percentage)? --> goes from 20 to 0 as you burn the target.
    Its (Greater HP% - Lesser HP%)/5 = damage boost

Which basically means, you take the percentage of the total HP of the person that has more HP (either you or your target) and you subtract the percentage of the total HP of the person with less HP (the other one) and you divide by 5, to get the damage boost.

Say for example you are at 76% HP and your opponent is at 21% HP.

Then: (76%-21%)/5 = 11% damage boost

Or if you are at 27% HP and your target is at 92% HP then:

(92%-27%)/5 = 13% damage boost.

@thefabricant Thanks a lot =D

• bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Why do you divide the difference by 5 to get damage?

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

Why do you divide the difference by 5 to get damage?

divide by 100 multiply by 20.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Hey Orcus...

I got a question for you brother...

va8Ru.gif
  • mdpoysermdpoyser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User

nisckis said:

Which basically means, you take the percentage of the total HP of the person that has more HP (either you or your target) and you subtract the percentage of the total HP of the person with less HP (the other one) and you divide by 5, to get the damage boost.

doesnt that mean that you will never reach 20% damage bonus though since 100/5=20 one would have to be at full and the other 0...
    mdpoyser said:

nisckis said:

doesnt that mean that you will never reach 20% damage bonus though since 100/5=20 one would have to be at full and the other 0...
    Yep.

mdpoyser said:

nisckis said:

Yep.
    However, just imagine Killing Flames, single target w/Murderous Flames Feat, when the target is close to death...

va8Ru.gif
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User

mdpoyser said:

nisckis said:

Yep.
    However, just imagine Killing Flames, single target w/Murderous Flames Feat, when the target is close to death...

Better. Imagine KF at target with 50% HP. Still 10% bonus.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    So I just recently went the Murderous Flame route and have definitely seen some very big hits, but I find it is extremely situational and highly dependent on party buffs. To me it seems like it performs under nearly the same condition as when a puppet gets extremely high damage. Can anyone tell me if they have seen the same?
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    ftryda said:

So I just recently went the Murderous Flame route and have definitely seen some very big hits, but I find it is extremely situational and highly dependent on party buffs. To me it seems like it performs under nearly the same condition as when a puppet gets extremely high damage. Can anyone tell me if they have seen the same?

It's even more situational than puppet, but yes, that sums , there is something definitively wrong with it, i am temptation now, i was very, very used to use MF in low HP mobs while using TT and while now i see 4kk at most i saw 10kk + in fury, doesn't seem right also because the situations that i've seen was with mobs around so MF should be spread.

ftryda said:

It's even more situational than puppet, but yes, that sums , there is something definitively wrong with it, i am temptation now, i was very, very used to use MF in low HP mobs while using TT and while now i see 4kk at most i saw 10kk + in fury, doesn't seem right also because the situations that i've seen was with mobs around so MF should be spread.
    Bad thing is that sometimes MF doesn't apply at all, especially if you kill target with original KF hit and there are still other mobs around.

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    fernuu said:

ftryda said:

Bad thing is that sometimes MF doesn't apply at all, especially if you kill target with original KF hit and there are still other mobs around.
    I never noticed it not triggering, i noticed that many times when target health was going down fast and i casted KF it didn't reach target in time(that's understandable), but i get a cool down no matter what(this is not).

• ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    It's too bad. I really like the potential power without relying on the puppet, but I find overall the puppet has been more consistent in overall dps. I've probably changed my build about 20 or so times now spending weeks at a time in each of the three trees (at least a month each since 4k iL). The fury build is by far the most rewarding when it works, but unfortunately it is extremely inconsistent and spamming curse is the most unenjoyable part of being a warlock next to being called overpowered simply because sometimes we get lucky in very specific circumstances and do unpredictably crazy damage.

@fernuu I've noticed it not triggering as well, but I (on xbox) have run into even broader issues with actual Warlock powers not triggering, nor just the bonus damage effect like MF. Quite often I have to attempt to cast TT 2-3 times before it goes. Each time my character goes through the full long animation just to end with his fists shaking. Same for KF and SS (and no its not because I don't have enough sparks for SS), my character dies animation and then nothing. Fortunately I am not seeing my cooldown set off like @treesclimber described. I don't know if this is due to some type of lag and how long it takes to cast most sw powers, that's what I've been assuming so far, but I don't see this at all when playing a ranger or gwf... so now that I think about it, this is the worst part about being a warlock for me. Lol.. unless someone wants to reaffirm my theory of some weird lag/cast time interaction. Sorry for the wall of text, has anyone else had this issue?
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • miche80miche80 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hello :smile:

what you think of set valindra for SW fury or is better Black Ice set?

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    ftryda said:

It's too bad. I really like the potential power without relying on the puppet, but I find overall the puppet has been more consistent in overall dps. I've probably changed my build about 20 or so times now spending weeks at a time in each of the three trees (at least a month each since 4k iL). The fury build is by far the most rewarding when it works, but unfortunately it is extremely inconsistent and spamming curse is the most unenjoyable part of being a warlock next to being called overpowered simply because sometimes we get lucky in very specific circumstances and do unpredictably crazy damage.

that´s also my POV, but I did not change my build 20 times...i am lazy and hate "tab-spamming" for getting my capstone, not good for my aching writst :)
    but never had any issues with interrupted animantions, never, maybe internet latency ?

ftryda said:

that´s also my POV, but I did not change my build 20 times...i am lazy and hate "tab-spamming" for getting my capstone, not good for my aching writst :)
    but never had any issues with interrupted animantions, never, maybe internet latency ?
    You know nothing about Sw animations!!!!! My internet is perfect!!!!! perfect!!!!!! *cries in corner*
    Jokes asside, my ping is reasonable around 300 so i dont think it's lag problem, it assumes i casted on target but the hit never takes efect, try it on almost dead mobs and you'll notice too.

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    What is the recommended equipment for this build?
    I'm thinking DF Raid Head & Arms, DF Assault Body and Drowcraft Feet?
  • mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User

ftryda said:

You know nothing about Sw animations!!!!! My internet is perfect!!!!! perfect!!!!!! *cries in corner*
    Jokes asside, my ping is reasonable around 300 so i dont think it's lag problem, it assumes i casted on target but the hit never takes efect, try it on almost dead mobs and you'll notice too.

300ms is pretty high :( try running a continuous ping while you play and see if you drop packets at the end?

I'm on Xbox so no luxury to test or anything. In everyone's opinion, with the changes to spark generation coming, will it be worth running HG anymore or something else in place of it?
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide

What is the recommended equipment for this build?
    I'm thinking DF Raid Head & Arms, DF Assault Body and Drowcraft Feet?

Hey there! :)

Currently I am using the Dusk Raid head/arms, and the Drowcraft Raid Chest/Feet. All four of these have Power/Critical as their two main stats, because I am maxed out on Armor Pen, so raising Power/Crit is the name of the game... Hope that helps!
    mrshabok said:

In everyone's opinion, with the changes to spark generation coming, will it be worth running HG anymore or something else in place of it?

Unfortunately...

I'm unsure of that currently, as I've spent some time on the test server, but haven't come to any concrete conclusions. Honestly, I'm waiting for it to go live to test all the rotations I can think of to see what works best with the Lostmauth Set (if anything at all!), and then possible switching to the Demonic Set for DPS.

Then there is also the issue of the fabled SW rework that should be on the horizon following these OP/DC/GF changes. I don't want to change from the Lostmauth Set until I see those also. Because we have no clue what could possibly happen with those...

va8Ru.gif
    edited April 2016

Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
    ^^

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
    edited April 2016
    fernuu said:

^^

va8Ru.gif
    @kolatmaster You nasty boy, doing nasty things :p
    nisckis said:

@kolatmaster You nasty boy, doing nasty things :p

va8Ru.gif
    Not that classified jejeje
    edited April 2016
    ;)
    va8Ru.gif

Full Disclosure: This needs to be fixed ASAP.

I do hope so
    edited April 2016

va8Ru.gif