test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I am currently running a soul binder fury build. I level is 3900. I do top damage basically everytime on xbox. With the lost set nerf and lack of soul sparks generated from it, what has been your guys solution to this? Bova? Seems to work ok but I'm still not generating sparks like I used too. Also what's everyone main power rotation? I could care less about trash mobs as TT melts them ridiculously quick anyways. I'm currently going with killing flames, Hadars grasp and soul scorch. Also seeing what comps y'all run. I am rocking merc, belials, air, fire archons and seige master. Anyone test the intellect devour, blink dog combo? My combat advantage is sitting at 1398 so I know I've hit the cap on that. Was curious if anyone had any luck with it. Thanks for the replies
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
  • Options

I am currently running a soul binder fury build. I level is 3900. I do top damage basically everytime on xbox. With the lost set nerf and lack of soul sparks generated from it, what has been your guys solution to this? Bova? Seems to work ok but I'm still not generating sparks like I used too. Also what's everyone main power rotation? I could care less about trash mobs as TT melts them ridiculously quick anyways. I'm currently going with killing flames, Hadars grasp and soul scorch. Also seeing what comps y'all run. I am rocking merc, belials, air, fire archons and seige master. Anyone test the intellect devour, blink dog combo? My combat advantage is sitting at 1398 so I know I've hit the cap on that. Was curious if anyone had any luck with it. Thanks for the replies

BoVA has been the most consistent solution, running that and Soul Scorch/Killing Flames. For some bosses I can switch back to the Soul Scorch/Hadar's Grasp/Killing Flames rotation.

Companions for me are: Blink Dog / Shadow Demon / Paranoid Delusions / Drow Mercenary in the main slot. w/Siege Master/Air-Earth-Fire Archon

The CBA ones are plausible also, really depends on your play style... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    Nice thanks for the reply. So shadow demon works well for you then? I'll check it out. Was thinking of grabbing up a yeti and trying that out.
  • Options

Nice thanks for the reply. So shadow demon works well for you then? I'll check it out. Was thinking of grabbing up a yeti and trying that out.

Shadow Demon, while slower procs then the Drow Merc, and a few others generally hits like a friggin truck... lol

Honestly, once you're at the stage of maximized Bonding Runestones, it's really your choice as I believe all of the above Companions (including Zhent Warlock) are all viable in their own right. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Shadow Demon can tank Orcus like a beast though since he can disappear and move behind him, plus orcus focuses on the Demon because of melee damage. Of course this is only one particular. Zhentarim may be better for multiproc beyond 3 because I think she dies more.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • Options
    I currently use the merc with all 2 bonding stones, 2 adorable bites rings and all rank 12 enchantments in all slots. I'm more or less looking for decent alternatives to active comps and in general. I used a yetI tonight on one run and was pleasantly happy with the results. Posted up 139mil on Cn and ran it again swapping it with a seige master with same group and posted 135mil. Again there is lots of variables when doing this kind of comparisons.
  • Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    I actually like using Yeti as an active for the 10% DPS boost. Parting blasphemy procs bloodthirsty like crazy due to self hits, so I took one point from infernal wrath and put it there.
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    I have been using the yeti since last night and increased my dps a little bit. Did 2 runs on CN with same group. Both runs very clean no wipes. First run I used the seige master for the 4% damage increase. Scored 135mil. Swapped the seige master for the yeti and scored 139mil. Of course there is lots of variables to doing runs but both runs went about the same.
  • Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Nice. I suppose this means that there really isn't a huge difference overall anyway and it doesn't really matter. I'd like to try the Blink Dog + Intellect Devourer combo but they're both green and I don't have 1.5 million AD to spare.
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    Yeah that's my next try. I have a guild mate Cw, who swears by that combo. Both his comps are epic and like you, I don't feel like shelling out the ad to bring them up. I do have enough tokens to do one thou.
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    tt hits red zones -> 0 damage and no it's not broken it's just a feature :p
  • Options
    Anyone break down the killing flames murderous damage broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bug? Like what rotation to maximize the dps bug from it? I hit sometimes ridiculously hard woth killing flames with buffs. Hit a 33mil then a 34mil on Orcus but it's so inconsistent. I didn't know if anyone has found a more consistent way to hit big dps with it.
  • Options

Anyone break down the killing flames murderous damage broken HAMSTER bug? Like what rotation to maximize the dps bug from it? I hit sometimes ridiculously hard woth killing flames with buffs. Hit a 33mil then a 34mil on Orcus but it's so inconsistent. I didn't know if anyone has found a more consistent way to hit big dps with it.

I believe @thefabricant was looking into it to see what was up...
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I am afraid after spending a lot of time testing it, I cannot give you exact information. This is what fernu and I discovered, as well as a bit of stuff I dug up on my own (I am not sure if @fernuu has anything else to add to this).

1) SW cannot but out MF by themselves.

2) MF doing ridiculously high effectiveness is NOT caused by either a DC, a CW or a combination of either.

3) MFs effectiveness is caused by some interaction between a GF and a SW, however, the interaction is not directly related to ITF, but is augmented by it. There is a possibility that TT plays an important role, but I am not 100% sure.

4) Debuffs are not in any way related to MF having higher effectiveness than other classes abilities.

5) Sometimes, even though you have combat advantage, KF does not deal CA damage. This is inconsistent though.

Buffs seem to be the underlying problem, not debuffs, but to what extent, I cannot say.
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    6) MF minimal extra damage is something about 56.5% (can't remember exactly, but always higher than 30%, even when solo/without weapon enchant)

7) TT boosts SW effectiveness by extra 76.4%

4*) To clarify a bit - debuffs are obviously making KF higher, so it affects MF indirectly but MF effectiveness stays at 56.5% of initial hit, while buffs are making MF hits harder than KF
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Wow very nice gentlemen. Exactly the tips I was looking for. I am doing my own experimenting with it and different variants. I will post here as well of my findings.
  • Options
    nyihahanyihaha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    @thefabricant & @fernuu,
    Thank you for sharing your results and thoughts on this.
  • Options
    @fernuu What was the GF build? Anything else that could be investigated as source?

Since introduction of mount bonuses on xbox, I've notice my ability to self buff KF/MF is greater. Possibly similar interactions. Ultimately ITF seems to be the key part in the massive amplification of damage, but nor sure as to why on the scale that it is seen.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    ftryda said:

@fernuu What was the GF build? Anything else that could be investigated as source?

Since introduction of mount bonuses on xbox, I've notice my ability to self buff KF/MF is greater. Possibly similar interactions. Ultimately ITF seems to be the key part in the massive amplification of damage, but nor sure as to why on the scale that it is seen.

I believe it was tactician but @thefabricant will answer it for sure :P
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    fernuu said:

ftryda said:

I believe it was tactician but @thefabricant will answer it for sure :P
    Yes, mia is tact.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    ftryda said:

What bonuses do you use if I might ask?

It would be nice to get a firm grip on what actually boosts the damage, so that it can be reproduced somewhat consistently.

I hate it when there isn't a "definitive" answer to what brings the pain...
  • Options
    Insignia Bonuses: Calvary' warning, magistrates patience, protectors camaraderie, gladiators guile, champions return.

3x Rank 12 Bondings on Legendary Shadow Demon.

No guild boons.

Use KF/MF, HG or BoVA, Soul Scorch.

Can hit 600-800k running heroics alone, but seems to be only when things line up.. maybe that's not a lot, but def seems a lot higher for me since using insignia bonuses.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • Options
    miche80miche80 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    ftryda said:

Insignia Bonuses: Calvary' warning, magistrates patience, protectors camaraderie, gladiators guile, champions return.

3x Rank 12 Bondings on Legendary Shadow Demon.

No guild boons.

Use KF/MF, HG or BoVA, Soul Scorch.

Can hit 600-800k running heroics alone, but seems to be only when things line up.. maybe that's not a lot, but def seems a lot higher for me since using insignia bonuses.

Which items are using the slots for the shadow demon???

Thank you :)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Let me add to the Shadow demon discussion, how fast does it proc comp gifts?
  • Options
    superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    @xrawcarnage also we shouldnt forget that shadow demon has 3 off slots and others like zhentarim have 2 off and 1 def.
  • Options
    miche80miche80 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    the mercenary is easier to equip with two rings slots and one belt
  • Options
    flincelliflincelli Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ok this may seem a little newbie but is there an updated build for the sw fury with best armor, sets, stones, companions, and preferred mount bonus? Also does anyone know if you get the bonuses from stable mounts. Tyi!