test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Campaign/Existing Player Experience Feedback

commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
Hi everyone! Sean “Commander Ander” McCann here, and I’m excited to have everyone delve into the Elemental Evil campaign! This focus of this thread will be on all things related to the Elemental Evil campaign and existing player experience.

An important part of the campaign is how it works with existing players. The goal is that existing players should have tasks in the campaign completed based on progress already made in the campaign. It will help to get a variety of states tested; all of the zones completed, some of the zones completed, etc.

We determine progress based on the vigilance quest wrappers (complete 8 vigilance quests) and Seed of Water/Earth/Fire/Air quests completed. Completing 1 wrapper means you've completed the 1st neighborhood, 2 wrappers means the 2nd neighborhood, 3rd means you've completed the 3rd neighborhood, and the completion of the seed quest means you've completed the zone.

Existing vigilance quest and vigilance quest wrappers will be automatically dropped when players log in.

Access
Any player level 60 or above can access the Elemental Evil campaign by completing the No Crevice Untouched, Hard to Reach Places, and Swords for Everyone, granted by Archdruid Morningdawn and Minsc in Protector's Enclave.

Features
- New campaign, Elemental Evil.
- Granting progress in a campaign based off of previous quests completed.

Feedback Desired
We’d like you all to focus on playing these instances and finding any potential issues with them. Did you find any issues? Let us know!
If you find a bug or have feedback, please follow the guidelines below when posting:
• Respond to this forum post.
• Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
• Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)
• Format: Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
• (Bonus: Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
Bug: Quest: Drowned Shore Tasks
I completed all the quests in Drowned Shore, but didn't get credit in the campaign!

The campaign tasks were unclear.
Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I am currently on vacation, posting through my mobile an unable to do any fancy things like selecting blue text for my feedback. I apologize for that.

My initial reaction was highly positive - I currently have 3 alts just sitting at level 60 because I just haven't felt like taking them through the elemental grind. This might change that.

However, I have a few reservations. First is that changing the elemental zones to a campaign and introducing yet another set of boons will make already overpowered characters even more overpowered...not a problem for PvP as everyone will get the same boost, but it is an issue with PvE as there is little content that requires that power. Longer term (Mod 10, maybe) I really hope to see something that provides an appropriate challenge to TIL 3500+ players.

This relates directly to my second concern...TIL becoming even more irrelevannt as it does not include the boons (or companion and mounts/insignia) There is a very significant difference between,, say, a player with TIL 2500 and no campaign boons and a TIL 2500 player with all boons. I strongly suggest revising the TIL to include those (and maybe remove contribution from enchants in utility slots instead)

My final concern has to do with the mote grind and the changes to the HEs. With the HEs on individual timers you could set up a "circle" of 8 (or so) instances and just loop through them...collecting all 100 motes in a relatively short time. Have you looked into how changing the HE timers will affect the mote grind?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    The tooltips for the Spinward Rise boons (Bolstering Storm, Furious Whirlwind, Wall of Wind, and Gale of Retribution) do not describe their cooldowns, nor do they give a percentage for their "chance". This is important information for picking boons and it's really frustrating when it is hidden from players.

Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • nosimonosimo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    Does this mean any toon that has already completed the old grind should log in to free boons?
  • commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    nosimo said:

Does this mean any toon that has already completed the old grind should log in to free boons?

Yep!
    two30 said:

The tooltips for the Spinward Rise boons (Bolstering Storm, Furious Whirlwind, Wall of Wind, and Gale of Retribution) do not describe their cooldowns, nor do they give a percentage for their "chance". This is important information for picking boons and it's really frustrating when it is hidden from players.

I'll talk to our systems guy and see what we can do to improve this.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Well since I endured spinward for the mainhand 8 times least I DON'T have to endure that hell 8 more times.

Never reached the end of the other quest so it'd be interesting to finally murder those guys.
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2016

nosimo said:

Yep!
    two30 said:

Other boons from other campaigns also have this problem. Nearly all of them. The only boon I know for sure does show its chance is Demon Slayer in Underdark.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    einsieg said:

nosimo said:

Yep!
    two30 said:

Other boons from other campaigns also have this problem. Which is to say, all proc type boons don't show their chances or cooldown times.
    The tooltip on the Burning Weapon set has also never been changed to indicate that the "chance" to gain AP is 100% as long as the set is off cooldown, even though @asterdahl (I believe) said it would be.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    If retroactive credit is given for having done old!EE,does this mean that characters being grandfathered into completion will miss out on lore and/or achievements from the new campaign?

Neverwinter Census 2017

Given that all the recent campaigns give you the option to replay quests I doubt you will be left out if you want to relive the ......anyway I'm grateful that it's retro active.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    two30 said:

well no chance boon have its % for proc or icd in tooltip P
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I love it first not dailies based campaign
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    How long does it take to complete tasks once you turn in currencies? on preview i believe everything is set to finish in 10 seconds (keys included) regardless of how long the tooltip says it takes. For EE there is no tooltip to give guidance as to how long the tasks take to complete.
    I am assuming you guys did the sane thing and set all the EE task completion times to 10 seconds but I am bringing this up as feedback because I want to confirm that there are no artificial time barriers in place for completing the campaign.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Minor point of annoyance, and I think this may not even be caused by this patch, but Minsc keeps talking in the middle of cutscenes when he isn't supposed to be.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I cant believe, about a month ago i woke up and tought: EE areas are so grindy, they should have a little boon to make it representavive and different, and boom! you made it.

edited April 2016
    I thought of boons about a month ago, no jocking i actually tought to myself that the grind of EE areas deserved boons.

edited April 2016
    Completing different seeds of the EE campaign does not seem to reward the appropriate boons
    I have completed Drowned Shores and Spinward Rise. I collected/claimed the boon for Drowned shore correctly. When i tried to claim the boon for Spinward Rise it instead completed the boon for Reclamation Rock and gave me a choice for the RR boons. I chose a RR boon and confirmed the choice. The campaign then reverted back to the RR boon being locked still and the Spinward boon is listed as completed. I transferred a new character and tried claiming the spinward boon first but this time it wished to reward me with the drowned shore boon

In addition, I do not have the 4% lifesteal severity that i chose on my character sheet, that is still listed as 1 and i only have 100% lifesteal severity. That bug is something I think you might have to pass on to someone else since I don't know if other lifesteal severity sources are displaying at all either. I did gain the HP from the RR boon though

-edit- removed feedback that was incorrect
    Post edited by scathias on
  • commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    scathias said:

How long does it take to complete tasks once you turn in currencies? on preview i believe everything is set to finish in 10 seconds (keys included) regardless of how long the tooltip says it takes. For EE there is no tooltip to give guidance as to how long the tasks take to complete.
    I am assuming you guys did the sane thing and set all the EE task completion times to 10 seconds but I am bringing this up as feedback because I want to confirm that there are no artificial time barriers in place for completing the campaign.

Our current plan is to have the campaign tasks take 10-20 seconds to complete.
    Thank you for the response Commander :)
    scathias said:

In addition, I do not have the 4% lifesteal severity that i chose on my character sheet, that is still listed as 1 and i only have 100% lifesteal severity. That bug is something I think you might have to pass on to someone else since I don't know if other lifesteal severity sources are displaying at all either. I did gain the HP from the RR boon though

-edit- removed feedback that was incorrect

One weird thing is if you pass your mouse over ls severity it will show the real life steal severity, but the number displayed if you dont pass the mouse over is 100, i dont have preview atm so i am talking of dragon.

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    After looking at preview- I'm pretty happy with the new campagin. I have to say that I quit the game after doing EE on my main healer DC when faced with the daunting frustration of leveling the other 7 alts I have through the insanity and significant armor penetration bug.

Thanks for fixing this horrible atrocity that was added to this game I love by giving me something for my troubles.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

Make boons retroactive for all level 70 toons or fix scaling to better account for item level. Snoozing through old content while grossly overpowered is not fun.
    nosimo said:

Make boons retroactive for all level 70 toons or fix scaling to better account for item level. Snoozing through old content while grossly overpowered is not fun.

The boons are retroactively given to any toons who have completed the content that will be turned into the EE campaign. If your character has not done the content then why should they get the boons?
    Because the original design sent you to the next zone after 16 vigilance tasks, after doing 16 in the next zone you would get what appeared too be an optional quest to go back. It lacked cohesive direction and no rewards for doing so. To me I did play the content as directed at the time. I have 0 interest in going back and 1 shoting everything in my path, it does nothing but add a time sink and more mindless grind. The changes are great for new players but it's just rehashed garbage for those that are 70.
    nosimo said:

Because the original design sent you to the next zone after 16 vigilance tasks, after doing 16 in the next zone you would get what appeared too be an optional quest to go back. It lacked cohesive direction and no rewards for doing so. To me I did play the content as directed at the time. I have 0 interest in going back and 1 shoting everything in my path, it does nothing but add a time sink and more mindless grind. The changes are great for new players but it's just rehashed garbage for those that are 70.

The quests that directed you back to prior zones only triggered if you had not completed that zone, in my experience. It is true that they were essentially a distraction. In Firey Pit, the Harper NPC you were sent to speak to didn't even serve any other role.

Since you say you have played through all of EE, you will obtain all the boon unlocks automatically and would not be able to play through the revamped EE questline even if you wanted to.

For those who skipped all or part of it, they will have to play through the parts they skipped in order to unlock everything.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    Feedback:Elemental Tunic of the the Howling Hatred - Design flaw
    There's no separation of my face from the shoulder part of this new chest piece. As you can see my chin goes a bit inside of it. We are transmute starved and this oversight is a wee buzz kill. Please send help!

Elemental Tunic of the Howling Hatred

- Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    mstrssihr said:

Feedback:Elemental Tunic of the the Howling Hatred - Design flaw
    There's no separation of my face from the shoulder part of this new chest piece. As you can see my chin goes a bit inside of it. We are transmute starved and this oversight is a wee buzz kill. Please send help!

Well an easy solution to that would to return all the unique gear we lost with the launch of mod 6.

Ya know, the junk we've been asking for, for months but got ruined drake transmutes from the new CN. And that junk wasn't even the transmutes we were asking for in the first place!

• narjimanarjima Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    My DC got a pair of gloves that were class specific to Paladin and GF.
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User

nosimo said:

Yep!
    two30 said:

@commanderander while your at it, please tell them to seriously look into other tooltips (powers,feats, mechanics) as well, the lack of information they and the character sheet provide is horrendous.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    I'm liking these changes, except for two things. Firstly, why are the item rewards bound-on-character instead of bound-on-account? That is a lot of transmutes to drop into one's inventory all of a sudden. Secondly, could more ways to gain Unified Elements be introduced, please? The loss of vigilance quests means that the only reliable source for them is Alchemy and each of those tasks take twelve days at most. Twelve!