Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Campaign/Existing Player Experience Feedback

13»

Comments

• Options
    sillystupidsimonsillystupidsimon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    A few observations regarding task giving/enabling:

1. For all quests in a task area, can you enable them all to be available from the start rather than do 1 or 2, go back get another etc please? For lvl70 toons, having to do the quest for the Shirt of the Crushing Wave just to be able to get the next quest for the task requirement is a pain - the shirt quest should be an option as many lvl70 will have a superior shirt.
    2. Having already done Spinward on all but my next toons, I am so happy that I don't have to do the jumpy platform quests that really hacked me off. I know others were frustrated with the jump quests and it caused quite a bit of zone hate. But the good thing was that you could still progress by opting for other vigilance quests. In this new release, I guess everyone will have to get the knack of the jump quests or not complete Spinward. A shame - unless you have an option to complete without having to do some quests that hack people off?

Also, It's brave of you to try and fix something that was so bad on release. Hope it works out :)
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User

When is this going to drop.. between daily dds, your portebello event and regular maze on other alts.. I am not finding alot of time to do old EE quests.

I prefer to finish it and be done with it.. do we have some more weeks left that I can run a few alts through it? or we talking about emergency drop everything else to do it right now type of thing..

Im not really a fan of this idea in general.. but meh whatever.. I would hope they would never have made us go back and do another EE quest ever.. considering how terrible and malignant the whole situation was to many of us.

So let me get this straight.

This EE thing is to make us go to the areas that almost made us loose our minds again. The result is to have even more powerful boons?

Ok, cool...
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    All my real feedback ended up in zone-specific threads, and now this is going live tomorrow.

I had no issues with previously completed campaign tasks or the equipment rewards. I agree with whoever said that it's a lot of stuff to dump on us all at once, for people who already played all of Old!EE. I have characters I play a lot that don't have 16 slots of bag space open, because the game likes to keep filling their available space with event-related junk, for some reason....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Looking at the bare bit of info on people who say they are correctly getting credit vs. incorrectly not getting credit, I think it might be worth looking into whether they did 16/16 vig tasks per section, or only 8/8.

I'm seeing people say they got Spinward only, which a lot of players did for the weapon, even if they opted to do nothing else while it was 16/16. Some of these may have gone back for the experience after it was changed to 8/8, and I have a sneaking suspicion this is a factor.

I can't check any more of mine until later. I think I have a few 8/8s floating around.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    I have to defeat Morgan Shivertimber in Goldseeker's Folly for the new boons and can't get in. I have spoken to all NPC's with no help, what am I doing wrong or is it glitched.
  • Options
    btugabtuga Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I had problem with that new campaign in 1 account. I did all Zones long time ago and i got the 4 Seeds with 2 characters and the Support Service dont want to attribute the zone has being done. Better.. they said that one character has finished all zones except Spinward Rise and then they said i had to do the other anyway! i Can't Believe this!!
  • Options
    btuga said:

I had problem with that new campaign in 1 account. I did all Zones long time ago and i got the 4 Seeds with 2 characters and the Support Service dont want to attribute the zone has being done. Better.. they said that one character has finished all zones except Spinward Rise and then they said i had to do the other anyway! i Can't Believe this!!

Known issue. There will be a patch for characters not getting proper credit soon.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    btugabtuga Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    beckylunatic, i hope so... This is driving me crazy...
    Support Service could give me an answer like that but no... they were useless!!
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Just wanted to say thank you so much for the EE rework, it was a real ballsy move and kudos to those that pushed for it. I've played through various EE zones with various characters and I actually feel connected to the campaign which before was impossible. The boons and the transmutes, some of which we had before but were removed are nice too, my only complaint is that you have to claim each armour piece before gaining your boon, I don't have the inventory space to keep all this and it's BoP which means I cannot even keep it on a mule ALT.

Hopefully Zeb's thread requesting that we be able to reclaim stuff like this will pick up some steam if it hasn't already.

Before the Twisted Set was available I would grind Drowned Shore and Spinward Rise just for the Arti set, then when the Twisted Set and the various Mote Sets were released I would get characters from 60-70 just from Drowned Shore alone, am sure I wasn't the only one.