alphagogetaalphagogeta Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Mispost
    Post edited by alphagogeta on
  • Options
    lextenvblextenvb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    hey,

i was going through the ee campaign and when i did the 2nd part off spinward rise : defeat thurl merosska. Wich should give you bracers. i got gauntlets meant for a gf/ an op instead of my tr. i suppose that's not meant like this. The picture may not be that clear, if you need something clearer i can see if i can get a better screenshot.

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2vbnd37.jpg[/IMG]
    Post edited by lextenvb on
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I get a wrong gift on the above as well.I am a cleric and i get a GF/OP transmutation.
    About the campaign I used 2 copies of the same character (Taboo Priestess). 1 had completed the campaign and one hadn't.

The character lower in item level since she were older run a simple task in the Reclamation Rock as I was expecting the newer version to run the region again (prtscrn: http://prntscr.com/arak4i). As soon as I completed the task the other guy offered me a new one so no problems there.

The one who had already completed the campaign claimed all the boons but was unable to replay the story.. And i found that quite unfortunate cause you said that the Elemental Evil now has an actual story and I'd like to learn it.I felt bad that the only ones who would talk to my character who completed it were the Zentharims who told me complete HE.And so I did. I completed 6 Heroics the one day and 3 HE the other day. I have to admit that the HE now feel like they pop up easier and many HE i haven't seen a while while leveling are now back and playable. (Ambush and Fear Fountain where in a missing state and they got soloed too fast and were in big cooldowns).In the 9 HE i did I got 2 motes of the Water Seed. Seems rather low but i am just informing that those are working as well. (prtscrn: http://imgur.com/OEAaVzp)

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    ran few testings on EE, and some quests.

i really like it, i think it really helps with new elemental weapons on motes, that is good call, since it getting harder to find group with tougher mobs.

the champgain tree, not bad at all except final task that need 12 elemental tablets, rewards is very weak for 25 ele seals.
    then again, another problems, with limited bag inventory for those armor set rewards can fill up those bags too fast.

armor set need to be convert to new tab for transmute, sort of collection achievement. i really like DCUO's costume collection once converted to collection menu. that all we need for new "dressing collection".

i would say, EE Champgain will get pass successfully, to me, it is 8 of 10, scale grading. it would be 10 of 10 if the final reward get upgraded with better prizes than having 25 seals and new appearance tab if introduced.
  • Options
    commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the continued feedback everyone. We'll look into issues with classes getting the wrong gear from the campaign tasks.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    @commanderander

What about gear like transmutes, artifacts etc that you can get from quests but once lost or used can never get back? Im thinking of brunos helm artifact and the new cloak transmute. Its kinda sad that once you use the cloak on your artifact neck and wanna switch set, you cant get the transmute back unless you willing to transmute a legendary artifact neck..

And brunos helm artifact I lost and I can never get it back.

These items should be added to the claims agent.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    I had already completed all 4 areas of Elemental Evil (when it was 16 vigilance quests x 3 per zone x 4 zones), so I was unable to play the revamped campaign.

I was able to collect all 4 boons successfully and all the transmutes. Thank you for additional choices to customize our characters. I still bemoan the fact that dragonborn do not have choices for helms that appear on their characters, except the old dragonborn class helm. Is there any remedy for this with the release of these changes?

As already mentioned, a choice in the first 3 boons is quite clear, but the 4th boon needs to be cleaned up. It appears the top two choices relate to a person when they are doing damage, not when they have killed? You use 'while killing' which could mean 'when doing damage' or 'when the opponent is at the point of death.' It would be easier to select for offensive triggers (doing damage) vs defensive triggers (taking damage) if the tooltips were consistent.

LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    I welcome the need for 20-25 (since some quests don't give the campaign mats) quests instead of 16/16/16 for the completion of the area. However, just taking the vigilance tasks and boosting their exp reward doesn't really endear me to these zones. But what can I say, I'm bitter after running 8 characters through EE. This should help people who are just starting and have not had their soul cheese grated by vigilance tasks. I cannot test the spinward rise quests because all my characters have completed that area, but I sincerely hope each quest gives at least 24-30k exp (to compensate for the nasty increase in exp required to hit 70 in 67-70)​​
  • Options
    thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2016

With all of the lovely account bound gear you've made for us, it really seems a shame that all these unique armors are bind on pickup. It would be nice if they were also Bind to Account so we won't ruin our account bound armor by transmuting it.

On a more serious note, on live we can currently pick up four vigilance quests at a time, while on preview, we're restricted to doing all quests one at a time. Not sure what the reasoning is for this, but it's a poorer design than what's currently in place in my opinion.

• Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    BUG: For TR's, the howling helm is the a skin of the old Murderous Jester, which I am cool with. However that one was bugged just like the skin, the back of it removes all hair so it makes the head look bald.

Recommend adding a back to the helm that covers the back of the head to the characters neck. Then it will look really cool

thanks
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    joogman#0807 joogman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am about to 6e a level 60, so I will post back later with my thoughts of the patch. This is my first character though.

http://thedragonre6orn.blogspot.com/2016/04/60-70-leveling-content.html
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    meirami said:

I'm liking these changes, except for two things. Firstly, why are the item rewards bound-on-character instead of bound-on-account? That is a lot of transmutes to drop into one's inventory all of a sudden. Secondly, could more ways to gain Unified Elements be introduced, please? The loss of vigilance quests means that the only reliable source for them is Alchemy and each of those tasks take twelve days at most. Twelve!

+ for *bound on account*

the tooltip in two boons in the last tier (wall of wind, gale of retribution) both says "heal", thus mispelled in one of them.
  • Options
    chrisfirefoxchrisfirefox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Feedback: having also completed the campaign as vigilance quests i could'nt really play trough much of the new one.
    i must concur that im missing more dragonborn helmet visuals but i recon this is not something that the current update deals with
  • Options
    smbvmssmbvms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    In the Drowned shore quest Life Saving, you need to save 3 captives but there are only 2 captives in the area specified on the map. The mobs and captives did respawn fairly quick so the final captive could be released and the quest completed. The boons are fairly straight forward on the other 3 zones.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    When is this going to drop.. between daily dds, your portebello event and regular maze on other alts.. I am not finding alot of time to do old EE quests.

I prefer to finish it and be done with it.. do we have some more weeks left that I can run a few alts through it? or we talking about emergency drop everything else to do it right now type of thing..

Im not really a fan of this idea in general.. but meh whatever.. I would hope they would never have made us go back and do another EE quest ever.. considering how terrible and malignant the whole situation was to many of us.

• Options
    letholdisletholdis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I just tried the new system. I like it a lot more then the repeatable quest system. I have a 60 of every class just chilling, slowly LVLing off invoking because I couldnit bring myself to re do the grind on any of them, so thank you for fixing that.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User

@commanderander

What about gear like transmutes, artifacts etc that you can get from quests but once lost or used can never get back? Im thinking of brunos helm artifact and the new cloak transmute. Its kinda sad that once you use the cloak on your artifact neck and wanna switch set, you cant get the transmute back unless you willing to transmute a legendary artifact neck..

And brunos helm artifact I lost and I can never get it back.

These items should be added to the claims agent.

Bruenor's Helm artifact can be used to refine into another artifact, so they can't let you get that one again.

And I appreciate having an artifact to feed into my good artifacts, so please don't suggest it become reclaimable and not usable for RP.

• Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    With everything going on in the live server I had been putting off doing anything on preview. Do not have enough time to get things done I wish to do on live. With that said I took the bait of the carrot on the stick and updated preview.

First character loaded up I had already completed EE so everything was a gimme. First thought was why not have an option to replay EE and work for the boons? I have not played thru the changes yet so this was a thought and so i decided to try a second character that did not have EE started.

Loaded a second character and this is how it went. Picked up The EE quest line and proceeded without noticing any difference until the following happened.

During the 'Hard to Reach Places' quest I forgot to talk to Minsc and was able to proceed to the fight for the fire seed. Killed everything and nothing spawned. The fire gate stayed up and I was unable to proceed any further. I looked up and noticed my mistake. I had forgot to talk with Minsc first before proceeding into the lair.

Went back talked and talked to Minsc. Returned to where the seed should have spawned and nothing. The fire gate was still there.

I turned on the sparkly trail and followed it back to the trigger for the very first fire gate you. It seems the sparkly trail wanted me to interact with the urn or whatever its called that lowers the very first fire gate. However I had already done this without Minsc so I could not interact again.

I left the instance and entered again. The second time around I talked to Minsc and everything worked fine.

This is about as far as I have made it. I need to get outside and check the storm damage at my place and will need to get on live or loose a day of progress. Will try to find time to test more.

• Options
    nessyofdeathnessyofdeath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Compared to old Viligance quests these once are better.
    But they still kinda feel like Viligance quests but with diffrent rewards.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User

TR helm of howling makes the character bald in back of head. Please add a back to it down to the neck
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I transferred a level 62 character on to preview. I got her some basic equipment put some Rank 7 enchants into said equipment and started the quest line. I made it through the Ebon Down (1st quest for EE) no problems, and as far difficulty it was on par (I did have to drink a few potions :wink: ). Got the second quest (Hard to Reach Places) and again the difficulty was not bad, I did almost die, the exploding fire guys need to be dodged.

BUG: The chest at the end did not display that it could be interacted with or make a sound like it was ready to be interacted with. I was still able to interact with it. This is not normal behavior for completing a task and will probably confuse some players.

I leveled to 63 upon completing Hard to Reach Places, I was half way through 62 when I started the Elemental Evil quest line. I just started the second chain of Drowned Shores EE quests. I hit level 64 after completing the first quest chain. I like the way the quests are done. I seriously disliked the vigilance quests :s and besides only doing air for the Artifact Weapon I have only completed these quest with one character. To this point I like everything about the "new" elemental evil. The quests line seem smooth and the level of experience seems good maybe a bit high (not sure maybe this is because i have lots of exp boost on the char).

FEEDBACK: I would love to see a staff weapon skin for my CW like what Morgan Shiver Timber has at the end of the first drowned shores quest chain. Don't get me wrong Orbs and floating books are cool, but everyone knows that true wizards have a staff!

So far I like the way Elemental Evil has be redone!
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    FEEDBACK: The boons are quite motivating enough for people to go through all the zones, and for old players to go back there.
  • Options
    arashia#7597 arashia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Spinward rise is grindy and im almost done with it thank god
  • Options
    geneticbreakdowngeneticbreakdown Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @mstrssihr said:
    > Feedback:Elemental Tunic of the the Howling Hatred - Design flaw
    > There's no separation of my face from the shoulder part of this new chest piece. As you can see my chin goes a bit inside of it. We are transmute starved and this oversight is a wee buzz kill. Please send help!
    >
    > Elemental Tunic of the Howling Hatred

I truly must agree
  • Options
    dogefrogelord98dogefrogelord98 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm not sure how to change the colour of my text on mobile but here's some feedback anyway:

Feedback: Seems good so far. Definitely not as grindy and speaking from having completed all vigilance tasks in all zones, I can tell you that this will really motivate people to do the other zones besides Drowned Shores and Spinward Rise. It was a shame that you guys made a cool new zone (Spinward) but filled it with vigilance tasks that were just boring and made most of us never want to do it again on our alts. The boons seem good, I think they're sufficiently motivating to complete the campaign. The gauntlets I got [Elemental Gauntlets of the Howling Hatred or something] were not for my class though. I'm a TR and I received ones for OP and GF. Other than that this is a really good change, I might finish the EE campaign now on my alts.

TL:DR its good especially for alts.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

Im not really a fan of this idea in general..

You didnt play the quests, but you dont like the idea?

I played some with my level 70 main. I like the questline and the boons. Worth enough to play the campaign again with my main whent its going live.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Bug: Zone achievements
    The "Drowned Shore: Complete", "Reclamation Rock: Complete", "Fiery Pit: Complete", and "Spinward Rise: Complete" achievements have no descriptions in the achievement journal when available but incomplete.

Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    gatorbait2013gatorbait2013 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    i like the idea of completing quests versus the repetitive tasks of current campaigns.