test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lostmauth's Vengeance changes

amenaramenar Member, NW_CrypticDev Posts: 90 Arc User
If you haven't read the Upcoming powers/balance changes please go here to take a look: arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1214505/upcoming-powers-balance-changes

Here is the related patch note:
  • Lostmauth's Hoard: The damage dealt by the set bonus, Lostmauth's Vengeance, no longer scales with damage bonuses. It now properly deals Weapon Damage, as stated in the tooltip.

Comments

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    As long as you give us a 3xRP weekend so I can turn my Max Lostmauth set into a Max Valindra set.. 80% will just be salt in the wound. =X
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Thank god, I was hoping for a fix for 4 mods now, congrats, you got there!
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Two things to comment on here.

Why do you ask the community, when you ignore the majority vote?

Second thing is, that you should not 'fix' an effect, that contributed up to 40% of the dps of some classes and be done with it. Thats shortsighted, everything else I could say to discribe my opinion would be censored. Lets say my CW generated 40% of his dps from ELOL-set (I dont know, I dont use ATC). This is a 40% dmg nerf.

How about other classes. If the SW generates 10% from the set, he loses 10%. A good SW did 50%-100% more dmg than a similar geared CW, now its up to 200%, great balancing.

If GF and DC did not benefit from the set as much as CW, they might be better DDs, than the CW, with better group utility (buffs/ debuffs tank/heal).

I dont know, what exact effect this 'fix' will have, but I am sure, that this singular action will not balance anything.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2016

As long as you give us a 3xRP weekend so I can turn my Max Lostmauth set into a Max Valindra set.. 80% will just be salt in the wound. =X

Elol set will still be better even with these changes.
    macjae said:

So, does this mean the set can also no longer crit? The fact that it could crit was very helpful to SWs in PvP for generating sparks, but hopefully you'll have some boosts for SWs coming soon.

Unless their change involves something that's not in the patch notes it should still crit.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

But why, it works against you xd
    Srs tho now, if it breaks my gwf build completely, I'm just gonna cry in a corner.

your build is not broken completely. it just does less damage. you are spec'ed for crit and that will be good still
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I never liked division but now with those nerfs, im thinking about trying division again.
    Look what happened to destiny with all those nerfs. The game is dying.. or should i say its almost dead.
    Man, i really regret wasting 200 euros this month on this game lol
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    asterotg said:

They didn't. That (fairly leading) poll was made by a regular forum user.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    There is no reason to change from lostmauth. the Stats and set bonus fit GWF perfectly. perhaps one could make a case for the orcus set now but we will have to test and see how much damage the lol set makes up for a gwf
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

asterotg said:

I recall that the vote was clearly in the majority of leaving the set the way it was.
    So I have to agree with asterotg, they did ignore the input.
    deathbeez said:

asterotg said:

I recall that the vote was clearly in the majority of leaving the set the way it was.
    Forum users make up a very very small percentage of the players in this game. Forum poll voters make up an even smaller percentage.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    deathbeez said:

asterotg said:

And it wasn't feedback they solicited in the first place, so that doesn't matter either.

They're doing a thing that needed to be done. Amenar has laid out exactly why it needed to be done, which is exactly what everyone who expressed a need to get it toned down said in that poll.

Most of the arguments against it are made from a personal perspective, not a good-of-the-game perspective.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    This "nerf" is a good thing for the game and combined woth the bubble change, the PvE content will now become a bit less trivial than it has been.

If they could just fix the bonding runestone bug to stop them from stacking more than 3 times I would be really happy.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    adinosii said:

This "nerf" is a good thing for the game and combined woth the bubble change, the PvE content will now become a bit less trivial than it has been.

If they could just fix the bonding runestone bug to stop them from stacking more than 3 times I would be really happy.

No it won't. This mostly affects a few classes and doesn't particularly make content any less trivial for most.

People are basically asking that it take longer to finish content without any increase in rewards too. People are too busy asking to be shot in the foot to understand how this is going to affect the game.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    This was a long time coming, the only real issue is that it took so long that people started accepting it as normal when it really wasn't.
  • shadowslave604shadowslave604 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    ok can someone explain in real numbers what the change could possibly mean for my GWF. i just got ELol set to purple is it even worth keeping if this hits live as is or am i better off feeding it to new set...as i said in my other post i will use it for feeder if that what it takes.
    Shadowslave604

RELAPSEGuild

Darsyus Dawnblade - Human Female - Paladin - Main 22k ilvl
    Grunnarch the Red - DragonBorn Male - Barbarian
    Shazglar Swifthunter - Half Orc Female - Ranger
    Shynt'Drin Do'Urden - Drow Male - Rogue
    Fari - Human Female - Wizard
    Tisha SwornHeart - Tiefling Female - Warlock
    Brom Bloodeye - Dwarf Male - Fighter
    Luna Starshine - Halfling Female - Cleric
    It is totally worth keeping on a GWF. we need to wait for preview to come back up for us to have some hard numbers but the set will remain a BIS option for GWF. Besides, there isn't any other choice for a set for GWF anyways, perhaps lathander's, but if you want DPS then lostmauth is BIS, way better then the black ice set
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    @scathias, orcus set is very interesting now. It is particular good for hard mobs.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    GWFs is still probably the best solo grinder of the game by far, that alone makes it a class worth having and playing in this game for all purposes. While I see this change (along with the temporary HP nerf) making them less desirable than before in dungeons, they'll still be able to hold their own if played properly. Maybe they'll no longer be a "top the dps chart with two buttons only" class.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    This change is long overdue, with the elol set normalized the classes can be evaluated, and balanced properly.
    Good change.
  • muratozkan17muratozkan17 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    welldone guys. It only took you 14 months or so to realise lost set is overpowered.. keep it up the good work :D
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Major congrats!

Let this be the first step to a major overhaul that will fix all things that went terribly bad in MOD 6.

The set, even in the current state, is still a VERY viable option for many builds, though. Perhaps buffing up other sets a bit will bring the much needed diversity [Black Ice set "wink wink"]
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
    macjae said:

So, does this mean the set can also no longer crit? The fact that it could crit was very helpful to SWs in PvP for generating sparks, but hopefully you'll have some boosts for SWs coming soon.

So preview just proved that cryptic did something not in the patch notes : \

It can't crit.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    @thunderclap448 I know the SW does ridiculous amount of damage but only if running damnation puppet build. This is if you are not bis, then fury is tge best pick imo. SW desperately needs a buff to all other paths. You shouldn't have to be bis or close to max to be able to use another paragon path and be viable. Temptation and hellbringer is beyond broke. Put a 3k hellbringer fury against a 2400 puppet build and the puppet build will win 9/10 times. That's is both players are equal skilled.
    urabask said:

macjae said:

So preview just proved that cryptic did something not in the patch notes : \

It can't crit.
    crit can be considered a damage bonus/modifier. As the patch notes state, the set bonus deals weapon damage now. only.