test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Queue System Issues and Feedback

Comments

• Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    anyone else having it working OK again after today's mini patch? At work today and had no chance to fire up the game.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    medichickforummedichickforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    As of today the queue started working again, i think i saw a small patch and gave it a try and voila! all is normal again.
  • Options
    came home, patched up game, works again nice tnx for the fix.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    b4rshb4rsh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    still not working here...
  • Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    dayumed sure not working here, for solo queues.

Group queues.. great..

solo queues.. no accept dialog screen.. no transfer to map pop-up... blank screen.. and 1 min later "join selected queues" button goes back live.

It looks a lot like it was never patched, if you try and queue solo.

-- sigh --
  • Options
    to clarify, for us group q is working again, we did not test single q.

• Options
    sirrapprosirrappro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    damn still not working here :(
  • Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    To claify this a bit.. my queue experience thus far..

If you are in a queue group already, they are working fine.

If you try and queue solo for anything.. nothing works
    * missing accept windows
    * missing transfer windows
    * endless cycle of Join Selected Queues to grayed out join button to Join Selected Queues again

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    For the love of God will you PLEASE remove this broken completely useless queue system and put the old one back until you FIX it.
    100 patches later, and it STILL does not function, causing a HUGE hardship on people trying to do those events.
    Remove it, and DON'T put it back until it works, enough is enough already.
  • Options
    Again? You mean still?
    Any level, any instance (dungeon, skirmish, etc etc) always the same thing...
    "You have been matched" ... followed by 60 seconds of nothing (where NO join instance window appears)... followed by "Removed".
    Any time of day or night, any instance, any level... always the same. It never allows you to get into anything.
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    I have no doubt they will fix the queue system right after they have returned all the dungeons...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    saskdaddy said:

Again? You mean still?
    Any level, any instance (dungeon, skirmish, etc etc) always the same thing...
    "You have been matched" ... followed by 60 seconds of nothing (where NO join instance window appears)... followed by "Removed".
    Any time of day or night, any instance, any level... always the same. It never allows you to get into anything.

I don't know but it appears many people in my guild using it without problem (once they know how). Since I did not set up any queue myself and just let other to do the job, I also have no problem. I don't claim I know how. :)

However, I do see many benefit already.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ive seen some oddities that need to be fixed, but its been fantastic!

Im not at all sure about what the OP was talking about, but in regards to getting groups together , it works way..WAY better. 100X better.

I do not at all want to go back to the old one.

The fact that you can multi run and not have to go in and out of instances is sweet too.

It is a little convulated.. and needs a smoothing over mabye..

• Options
    tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    I have used it nightly for multiple edemo runs with around 7-8 guildies, what sask says does happen to us. We queue wait a few mins and get kicked, we queue again and it works. So something causes it to bug half the time.
  • Options
    The queue system DOES work, IF you have a full group. If you solo queue, or do not have the required number (or classes), it does NOT work.
    As it is, no one in my guild can join an instance unless you're in a pre-made group. Solo queuing is impossible. I have literally sat for 2 hours straight rejoining my solo queue group, only to be 'matched" and then "removed". Never once have I been able to just a single instance of any type.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Before the last patch - Friday? Can't recall when that was - what the OP mentioned is exactly what was happening. However, while there's still a quirk in that there's no UI feedback on what's happening like there used to be, now at least if you don't drop into a black hole and eventually drop out (worse, in PvP before, you'd get a quitter penalty for no reason other than the transfer option didn't show up and therefore you "quit"). Turn on System chat, you do get a measure of feedback in there as well.

The problem remains that when someone declines the queue, because there's no UI showing you what's going on, it feels like you're in limbo. What's happening is your instance is ready and the queue system is trying to build the team, but as people decline it fails and starts over - sometimes that process fails and times out and you're "removed" other time, it matches and you get in. Again, though, where there used to be a little UI item with checkboxes and X's, now there's nothing..... so it FEELs like nothing is happening when in fact it's really no different than it ever was.

Since the last patch, I haven't had any problems with the queue. The time between visual updates on the queue process, especially the time between Accepting and Transfer (or timeout) is very annoying... you just have wait and requeue if people Decline.
  • Options
    Not sure how anyone gets in anytime... there's 23 people online in my guild right now, and not a single one of them has ever got into an instance with anything but a pre-made full group (using private).
    Sure like to know how anyone gets in using Public. I have literally sat for hours on end trying, and never once got in.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    What is your class? I think it needs 3 DPS, one tank and one healer. If there are a lot of DPS in the queue and no tank or healer. That can be a long wait.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    While I personally have not experienced too many bugs with the new queue system, I do have several guildies who have been having major issues with it. Not sure why it's effecting some people but not others. One of my guild members can never get in dungeon unless it's a private queue. It kicks him out of the queue every single time.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    baeyorn said:

* missing accept windows
    * endless cycle of Join Selected Queues to grayed out join button to Join Selected Queues again

Hope this helps.

yep
  • Options
    baeyorn said:

* missing accept windows

Hope this helps.

This is exactly what I, and my guildmates, are experiencing. It is impossible to enter any of them without a pre-made group.
    Hence my request that it be removed in favour of the old system (that at least worked) until such time as it is fixed.
    Judging by the multitude of patches since it's introduction, and it's continued non fucntionality, I'd say it's a good bet they don't know HOW to fix it.
    Whatever the case, it is causing players hardships and should be removed for a system that was at least working.
  • Options
    mrracklemrrackle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Similarly to many other players that have reported what I am experiencing, the public queue will not pop for me! I can queue just fine - it will tell me that I am waiting in queue... then that's as far as I get. It will never give me the "Transfer to Map" option. Instead, the "Waiting for Queue" comment at the top of the screen disappears, and I have to re-queue, only to wait for the same thing to happen. Only times I have really tried queuing for anything public is PvP, and after the second time it doesn't give me the option it says "You have a leaver's penalty", which is ridiculous. Please respond, please sort this out - I just want to have the ability to do public dungeons and PvP! Private queue for dungeons seems fine, as for PvP I have not yet tested it.

I use Arc, and my handle is @mrrackle . Please respond!
  • Options
    medichickforummedichickforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Although pve queues working for me after latest small patch pvp ones keep getting me "leaver penalty" if the first time someone declines, i dont have the option to re-queue or get notified unless i watch the "system notify" and even then i still get the penalty. Waiting 5 mins is frustrating when its not your fault. Cant say i'm pleased with all this but i see an effort, even if its a slow one considering the importance of the subject, hope things get fixed for all in a short time.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    As of tomorrow - so, everyone can calm down now :)

Queues
    • Players are now immediately transferred to an instance upon everyone's acceptance of the prompt, rather than being prompted again for the actual transfer.
    • Players are now properly transferred to Demogorgon or Tiamat instances when a minimum number of players have accepted the queue.
    • This change allows players to transfer to the instance early and let Reinforcement fill the queue, rather than requiring everyone to accept again.
    • Reopening to the Home Page after selecting, but not joining, queues, then closing the queue window, no longer asks the player if they really want to close the window.
    • There once again an indicator for the number of players who have accepted the queue prompt, as well as how much time remains before the prompt times out.
    • Known issue: The text in this indicator displays in English, regardless of the player's language.
  • Options
    whyratwhyrat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    mrrackle said:

Similarly to many other players that have reported what I am experiencing, the public queue will not pop for me! I can queue just fine - it will tell me that I am waiting in queue... then that's as far as I get. It will never give me the "Transfer to Map" option. Instead, the "Waiting for Queue" comment at the top of the screen disappears, and I have to re-queue, only to wait for the same thing to happen.

Same experience for me; Even if I'm in queue with a fixed group; other people get in, I never see a message then get kicked from the party after about 2 minutes (I'm guessing that's a timeout). Then they're in the dungeon with a random person filling my spot. Private queue works... but it's annoying that *just me* gets dropped if a pre-made group forgets to set to private instead of public. And of course queueing without a pre-made is impossible as I never see a message and can never accept.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    It looks like today's patch will fix some of the issues...but I am pretty sure the queue system will not be working flawlessly.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    HAMSTER seriously????? Still cant accept que for anything even after new patch, how long do we have to HAMSTER wait in order to play this game??? @strumslinger