test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Maze Engine Bugs & Issues

Comments

• zach#3177 zach Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem as hevak7. I have a new lvl 11 GWF and can't complete The Lurking in Blacklack quest. I can't join the que from Penny the Apprentice or from the Que System. My other skirmish Orc Assault and PVP Domination do appear.
  • skandranon68skandranon68 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Last night a group of friends and I tried Castle Never. Apart from the problem related to the difficulty of the final boss, two of us found insignas in the chests around the castle but they never were added to our bags and were lost. Please check this as insignas are difficult to find and loosing them for a system bug.... sucks.... :-)

• carianne9carianne9 Member Posts: 76 Arc User

Action House is bugged for search !!!!

can you please explain what you are seeing in the AH? I've been using it tonight and search has been fine for me.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

The targeting marker of split shot is visible to everyone, not just the ranger using it. It looks really weird and is very distracting.

Agreed. Lots of graphic bugs/issues all around, really.
    r000kie said:

More: Chapter 1 final battle - players tend to leave loot on the ground to pick it up between fights. Plenty of loot from 20 monsters - good think I'm sure no black opal was lying around (sold my dragon enchants) otherwise would be lost BECAUSE YOU RAISE A FREAKING SHIELD as soon as that battle ends.

It's not like anything good ever drops on the ground, anyway. At worst you lost a few lockboxes and a few dozen copper.

They should just remove all ground drops from the game entirely.

arabatur said:

Chapter 2: The instance was very laggy with much rubberbanding and item interacts/ability activations taking 1-2 seconds longer than expected.

I believe this is a generic game bug which is responsible for a great deal of the lag in campaign zones. Anything that lets NPCs or monsters attack each other results in significant amounts of lag. Dread Ring used to be the only real example of this for end game, but then when they added in Demonic HEs patrolling mobs could aggro onto the demons (there are lots of these in both IWD, WoD, and Dread Ring), or Drizzt and company would wind up WAAAAAAYYYY far away from the HE attacking whatever spawns near them.

They need to do significant alterations to how the server handles this sort of thing, or just remove it entirely. It sounds cool, but if you're just going to screw over the entire gameplay experience for it than just give it up.
  • joanneajoannea Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    My Qathbound paladin's Shield of Elemental fire has changed to Kite Shield of Elemental fire and won't refine any more. How can we upgrade it on double refinement weekend?
  • eosmadoeosmado Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    joannea said:

My Qathbound paladin's Shield of Elemental fire has changed to Kite Shield of Elemental fire and won't refine any more. How can we upgrade it on double refinement weekend?

I have the same problem with my Paladin offhand.

• eosmadoeosmado Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Frozen Demon Sled has become Winter Sled.
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    null
    yea, hope they fix pala offhands before 2*rp
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    1. In the cutscene after the first fight with Lans, the subtitle says "Let's return te Gauntlgrym" (should be "to")
    2. Sharandar campaign says it is 200% unlocked
    3. Heavy Mystic nightmare has the wrong mount animation (orange flames from the Infernal nightmare, not the blue ones it has always had).
    4. The big one at the start was the non-working AH, but that got fixed quickly.
    5. Various campaign tasks (like making the Dragon Hoard enchant) show incorrect graphics for the currencies needed - you always get a partial circle like you don't have enough of the currencies, even when you do.
    6. My guildies report the Demon sled issue, as reported here before.
    7. Various insignia bonus descriptions still show a "0%" bonus - I haven't unlocked them so I have no idea if they give 0% or more.
    8. In one of the final battles in chapter 1, one of the evil minions appeared in an inaccessible location off the bridge, where I could not reach him but had to wait for Drizzt to finish him off.
    9. Insignia bonuses stacking. I consider it to be a bug when you can have the same insignia bonus on multiple mounts and end up with totally insane numbers, like 220K Power through companions with bonding stones - Come on, there is no way that is "working as intended".
    10. Not exactly a bug, but it would be really nice to know something about the fate of the Dread enchant. Was it removed temporarily while it is being fixed, or has it been cancelled? This was the only loot that would have made farming CN worthwhile for me.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    BUG: Character was in Tiamat's queue, doent leave a queue but logged out and now I can't log in any char. error: problem with char's log out. Help!
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• wilderwein29wilderwein29 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    tiglion said:

I have been unable to login to game since patch.

I have done a Force Verify, logged in using Safe Mode, Re-installed game, restarted computer, and still can't get in.

When I first started, it would give me the Cryptic screen with the loading bar at the bottom, switch to the Neverwinter splash screen, then the screen would go black and nothing. Had to close game with Windows Task Manager.
    Trying in Safe Mode, I would get as far as the Character Select screen on about every 3rd try, but I couldn't select anything.
    If it didn't make it to Character Select screen, it would "Timeout during Login".

I have the same problem, although the game does let me log in, but it won't let me open certain tabs (companions, mounts) and only after starting the game in safe mode and on very low resolution have I been able to play, so that's not something I could really get used to (the graphics are terrible given I'm using the lowest resolution).

Maybe this has to do with Windows XP (yeah, I know, but I can't get Windows 7 or higher at the moment)

• crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User

Last night a group of friends and I tried Castle Never. Apart from the problem related to the difficulty of the final boss, two of us found insignas in the chests around the castle but they never were added to our bags and were lost. Please check this as insignas are difficult to find and loosing them for a system bug.... sucks.... :-)

I had this happen, reward from the boss said I got an insignia but it couldn't be found anywhere.

Also, c'mon with edemo q, I needed 1 more double gold run to get my offhand in time for 2x RP.
  • tradolftradolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    eosmado said:

joannea said:

I have the same problem with my Paladin offhand.

Same problem here and I see reports also in Nw general discussion(PC) as well as a separate thread on bug reports. I hope there is the usual Thursday maintenance so it can be rectified asap as I have stones saved to refine the shield and other items in the 2x refinement event.
  • damianos001damianos001 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    After login during loading screen i get error ,,Pixel shader () creation FAILED - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL". and I'm unable to play game as it crushes. I try all above methods. Before mod 9 i had this same message on loading bar and i had no problem to play the game(no error). Please help.
  • azazelatsushiazazelatsushi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Probably/nearly/exactly the same as "damianos001" said...
    I posted in technical but it could also be here as its update related issue...
    Also wrote a ticket btw...
    PLEASE HELP US ASAP!
    I Played Neverwinter and it was running fine before the new update!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1213613/launcher-crash-after-update-maze-engine
  • googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Can't join a nDemo instance in the 5 min window given, nothing happens and eventually kicked from que.
  • mechanicalpearmechanicalpear Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    When attempting to use "Maze Engine Requisition XP Scroll", it states "[Error] You already have all of the items in this package." I don't get any xp, the item isn't used. This is only one one character, the rest work fine.
  • drepplerdreppler Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    sm0ld3r said:

I logged in and tried to do a few queues. First epic Demogorgon is disabled, saying I need to unlock it. Ok, why, I already unlocked it?

So I figure I'll try a few squirmishes. I queue up for PoM it shows me as in queue then finally says it's ready and gives me the accept option. I accept but then 2 minutes later it says queue cancelled due to player declining and it completely pops me out of the queue. I have to go back in and rejoin the queue. Try it 2 more times and the same thing happens every time.

Seems to be two issues;

1. Same issue as above. Managed one CN run, since then queue system gives me no option to accept, says queue cancelled due to player declining and it completely pops me out of the queue

2. I see the rest of the group in the dungeon but cant enter?
  • daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    The Caer Koneg campaign voucher from the Icewind Dale campaign is not showing as an option to donate to my guilds SH coffer. I tested the same thing with the Dread Campaign voucher version and it showed up just fine.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    carianne9 said:

Action House is bugged for search !!!!

can you please explain what you are seeing in the AH? I've been using it tonight and search has been fine for me.
    It was completely down when the servers came back up after maintenance but was hotfixed. No issues by the time you were using it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • hawkseerhawkseer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    WTH I have a 2700 gs and all boons for underdark and all gear and artifact weapons from e demo and I am locked out of Epic Demo? There is a problem. http://plays.tv/s/KiaGLNtPE6MK #PlaysTV
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Sometimes when in dungeon pug party some people are left in their map instances, while the rest of the party is in the dungeon instance. no way to get to the dungeon instance.

Some dungeon instances are empty of enemies when entered, only boss remains

Skill node an arcane one popped 3 seals which u have to interact with, couldnt and couldnt open the node and opening chance showed 65% chance. Any info on this change any where.

Constant drops from pug queues, almost impossible to get in to a pug group.
    Been in under 10 pug groups past 2 days, play time closer to 10 hours, lots of it has been trying to get into a queue pug party.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Independent of general problem with the new queue system, it sounds like it's possible that nobody can access Blacklake Terror.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    So, after queueing a few times for CN and joining a party that is at Orcus and disintegrates in front of me i think i know what the issue is Orcus sometimes bugs and

*********spoilers**********

the shiled that he gets when the Abyssal rifts are still open stays even if they are closed in time, even if timer timeouts... he simply gets like 99% dmg reduction and stays so till win/wipe.
    A nice priest and some persistent dpsers and 20 min. later we managed to kill him but that is not working as intended (based on my other runs there)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Potion Of Heroism is no longer being sold in Sharandar. Need to add it back in or tell us why it was removed. Thx
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • bgdvampir97bgdvampir97 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Since last update my Launcher says :"unable to start game client: The operation completed successfully" please fix it....
  • volgeravolgera Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    all right. Found this odd UI bug in the campaign tab. Here's a video of it as it's pretty difficult to describe:

https://youtu.be/vwM9dtY9uUE