Install Arc
Options

GF Burst damage: Needs nerf

Comments

• Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User

rayrdan said:

armadeonx said:

@theslotharmy#3268 , you only play pre-L70 pvp. Most people spend about 2 days at your level so don't bother gearing up. How about you actually hit 70 and try some real pvp before commenting? It's a completely different experience and you'll no longer find yourself in a position to crow about things - lol.

Why would I ever want to do level 70 PVP? I have too much of a life to be playing this game constantly and grinding for gear to just play the game. So, how about I stay in lv 60 PVP? OR, how about you try playing 6 hours a week and try leveling to 70.
    and you have all the rights to do so. But since you are a special case playing in special conditions which normally are intended to be less than 10 hours of gameplay please refrain to discuss balance,

How about no?

How about yes?
  • Options
    pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    I am GWF with BiS gears and well I could say that GFs don't really need nerf ... It's much more fun and challenging to fight against that strong classes. And well most of the GFs are doing really bad in PvP premade matches. I know maybe only 2 GFs who are a real problem, others have only big damage, but realy low defense. And yes I can almost one rotate them too. In module 9 will change everything, GFs will be almost equal with some GWFs (and it's not only becouse of insignias), but I won't say why :P Yes, yes Prim is very strong, but if you catch him, you can deal massive damage to him. I just hope they won't nerf GFs, I like challenges. Yeah GFs have big burst damage, but if you would nerf his damage you have to boost his survivability. (esp for dps GFs). I have played many premades PvP (solo/duo pvp is useless and boring for those who can get kills only from there) and I can say that GFs is not that big deal as TR who is ruling pvp. Best TRs is almost unkillable (I am not saying that they need nerf). In the end I just want to say that they shouldn't nerf any class, but they should only balance that class feat/paragon paths also powers. As you can see most classes have only 1 viable feat path for playing (other pathes is useless compared).

Ok, nevermind, I am tired of writing random things which is in my minds. (Don't ask for nerf, ask for someone to fight against you in 1 v 1 and find out how to kill him if you can't, that's what I did)
    Thanks,
    xGWFx (Always accepting 1 v 1 against anyone)

P.S.: Nerf OP daily ^^
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Thats because you are super GWF!!! We nublets can only cry a river... :(:(:(

I am GWF with BiS gears and well I could say that GFs don't really need nerf ... It's much more fun and challenging to fight against that strong classes. And well most of the GFs are doing really bad in PvP premade matches. I know maybe only 2 GFs who are a real problem, others have only big damage, but realy low defense. And yes I can almost one rotate them too. In module 9 will change everything, GFs will be almost equal with some GWFs (and it's not only becouse of insignias), but I won't say why :P Yes, yes Prim is very strong, but if you catch him, you can deal massive damage to him. I just hope they won't nerf GFs, I like challenges. Yeah GFs have big burst damage, but if you would nerf his damage you have to boost his survivability. (esp for dps GFs). I have played many premades PvP (solo/duo pvp is useless and boring for those who can get kills only from there) and I can say that GFs is not that big deal as TR who is ruling pvp. Best TRs is almost unkillable (I am not saying that they need nerf). In the end I just want to say that they shouldn't nerf any class, but they should only balance that class feat/paragon paths also powers. As you can see most classes have only 1 viable feat path for playing (other pathes is useless compared).

Ok, nevermind, I am tired of writing random things which is in my minds. (Don't ask for nerf, ask for someone to fight against you in 1 v 1 and find out how to kill him if you can't, that's what I did)
    Thanks,
    xGWFx (Always accepting 1 v 1 against anyone)

P.S.: Nerf OP daily ^^

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    i missed that part about balancing classes like CW, WL, Hunter to the same shyitty level of invinceability than GF/GWF/ TR
    so this comment is not valid at all
    GF/GWF/TR needs one daily or one roatation to end those classes...balanced?
    CW, Hunter Warlock need xyz rotations to do the same vs. classes with overbuffs+tankyness or defense-mechanics like: dodge dodge BB dodge dodge ITC dodge dodge BB .. deflect deflect .. and so on
  • Options
    pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Well HR/CW is really important for premade team too. I have lost/win many premades only becouse of their insane CC. Yes it is annoying, but HR with good build can kill GF, TR and even GWF. CW also can kill all those classes with good build. Sorry, but I think that those who give up on their classes and commenting only about their class buff or other class nerf is weaklings. I can find any class player who are pro at their classes and those players will never post this HAMSTER in forums. As I said you need to know about your class everything. GF/GWF/TR is not invincible, they also can be killed by HR or CW. Btw why you think that SW is weak ?? I know a few SW pro PvP players who have more than 3.6k IL and they all are doing just great. If there would be more SW players like them you would see that this class is not that bad in PvP. So you want to be strong in PvP ? So go fight against some BiS classes in 1v1 which is hardest to kill for you. In my case for GWF it was hardest to kill TR and GF, but I practiced a lot against those classes and I can say that they are not invincible. If you want, I am really bored at nw right now, you can contact me and we can go some 1v1. And yes I said nerf OP, why ? Becouse you can practice all you want, but you won't kill OP when he use protector daily.
    Good luck,
    xGWFx"
  • Options
    Since some forummember do think a healthy balance is achieved in case one class "can" kill the other in 1out of 10 cases 1 vs1, I do not see a base to go on argueing.
    Hunter and CW can be considered as good supporter in some matches, right.
    But some do not aggree to be condemned to be a supporter for the "Master Classes"
    We need balance and every half skilled player should know , wie are far away from it.
  • Options
    kropek1991kropek1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User

Well HR/CW is really important for premade team too. I have lost/win many premades only becouse of their insane CC. Yes it is annoying, but HR with good build can kill GF, TR and even GWF. CW also can kill all those classes with good build. Sorry, but I think that those who give up on their classes and commenting only about their class buff or other class nerf is weaklings. I can find any class player who are pro at their classes and those players will never post this HAMSTER in forums. As I said you need to know about your class everything. GF/GWF/TR is not invincible, they also can be killed by HR or CW. Btw why you think that SW is weak ?? I know a few SW pro PvP players who have more than 3.6k IL and they all are doing just great. If there would be more SW players like them you would see that this class is not that bad in PvP. So you want to be strong in PvP ? So go fight against some BiS classes in 1v1 which is hardest to kill for you. In my case for GWF it was hardest to kill TR and GF, but I practiced a lot against those classes and I can say that they are not invincible. If you want, I am really bored at nw right now, you can contact me and we can go some 1v1. And yes I said nerf OP, why ? Becouse you can practice all you want, but you won't kill OP when he use protector daily.
    Good luck,
    xGWFx"
    Sounds like: Hi! I am GWF, nobody can kill me but i can kill everybody, game is balanced.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Good luck,
    xGWFx"

Good luck,
    xGWFx"
    about the cw. imagine renegade can kill gf-gwf-tr. so for sure and more easy can kill them the thaumaturge tree ( assailing force-creeping frost-warped magic).
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    This is not a talk about a simple nerf it's a "FIX what is needed"
    GFs Encounter-Powers & Burst dmg is bugged, "its an exploit" which they are abusing it.

same like Roar to gwf at that time the devs acted very quickly to fix it ,
    so what they are waiting now..

GF is completely out of control right now,
    there's many videos out there showing GFs Burst,
    and the DEV's need to look into class and FIX it.

It's why they all are swordmaster cuz their block' is more than enough than to care about defence,
    and with their instantly encounters prone combination its ridiculous powered,

"Guardian" that name doesn't match the current state of GF,
    it's more Burst STOMP Machine sounds funny but isn't!

one latest video showing gf flying around,

https://youtu.be/lCKMaRiLDI4
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    Lmao that Video, sure GFs hit hard. But this is CWs on pillars and my best guess is 0 tenacity. A CW would have done the same stop trying so hard to nerf GFs and learn to sprint : )
  • Options

Lmao that Video, sure GFs hit hard. But this is CWs on pillars and my best guess is 0 tenacity. A CW would have done the same stop trying so hard to nerf GFs and learn to sprint : )

that vid is not to show GF-Burst it's to show the range of the encounter,
    so keep ur senseless comments for ur own,
  • Options
    Oh lord the tears from my fellow GWF brothers, Not AFter BC but before the GF lands it..
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    LS shouldn't have been used to fly like that. It's an exploit since so long ago and clearly isn't WAI.

GF's striker-like burst damage is happening to all players, regardless of tenacity.
    Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on
  • Options
    question to weak great weapon fighters about the great myth: great weapon damage sucks if dont cast unstopable to get destroyer. LEts see.
    1.powerfull challenge : deal 15% damage vs marked targets.
    2.relentless batlle fury from destroyer :decrease the cooldown of roar-battlefury-takedown by 50% . additional roar and take down increased damage +25% and +25% duration on battle fury.
    destroyer class feat even if you get the feat for any number of targets i will not count it in calculations.
    3. executioner style : ibs and sure strike deal 30% bonus damage as the target health diminishes.

SO the weak great weapon hit target or even buff without hit target 40% his damage with hidden daggers. cast battle fury get another 20%. READY TO GO now threatening rush ups marked target 15 % more damage right and is not only 15% is + the combat advantage damage:) and if prone the enemy ? you know or with battle strength or savage enemy will eat around +80% damage ibs unresistable (since prones cancel deflect-dr). where you will find daily ops battle fury increase the action point gain and i forgot to say it refils also your stamina;p
    SO we see here gwf with that build without any effort buffed the damage at least at 60% for start ( hidden daggers-battle fury) then can go up +15% and the ca from the mark dont forget;p and if has and feytouched ofcourse another 18%.
    YOU ARE damage dealer i agree but dont tell me you are weak without stacks.
    YOU HAVE more % damage buff than a cleric can give to his pt at the same time and you complain.................+ the highest weapon damage.

• Options
    its kinda incredible still no news about GF Burst may the devs like a tank-burst machine
  • Options
    edited March 2016

@mamalion1234 you are 100% right man, GWFs are beasts without stacks!

@clonkyo1 exactly, only scrubs use executioner style feat...

clonkyo1 said:

question to weak great weapon fighters about the great myth: great weapon damage sucks if dont cast unstopable to get destroyer. LEts see.
    2.relentless batlle fury from destroyer :decrease the cooldown of roar-battlefury-takedown by 50% . additional roar and take down increased damage +25% and +25% duration on battle fury.
    destroyer class feat even if you get the feat for any number of targets i will not count it in calculations.
    3. executioner style : ibs and sure strike deal 30% bonus damage as the target health diminishes.

I stopped there, sorry about what i missed:

If a GWF is using Executioner style... At all, then, something is WRONG with that player.
    judge the feats the way you want its ok. but answer you buff up to 60% (78% if we count and feytouched) damage before you mark ?
    ARE you the only class your defence-recovery-armor penetration stat ratings give bonus to power rating ( if you get both the heroic and the tree feat)?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

@mamalion1234 you are 100% right man, GWFs are beasts without stacks!

@clonkyo1 exactly, only scrubs use executioner style feat...

clonkyo1 said:

I stopped there, sorry about what i missed:

If a GWF is using Executioner style... At all, then, something is WRONG with that player.
    judge the feats the way you want its ok. but answer you buff up to 60% (78% if we count and feytouched) damage before you mark ?
    ARE you the only class your defence-recovery-armor penetration stat ratings give bonus to power rating ( if you get both the heroic and the tree feat)?
    Again hard to get what you talk of, 60% buff?
    A GWF buffs his At Wills far above 60%.... I once did the math and it was like 600% at max.

For Mamalion: daring shout 20%, daggers 40%, battle fury 20%, focussed destroyer stacks (4x6,5%), WMS debuff 10%, destroyer purpose 50%, executioners style 30%, powerfull challlenge 15%
    Multiplies 1x 1,2 x 1,4 x 1,2 x 1,26 x 1,1 x 1,5 x 1,3 x 1,15 -->6,2 multiplier
    --> so a SM-Destroyer can buff the damage from Sure strike for >600% not 60%
    My HAMSTER 2,5 GWF (no lolset, no powerring) does about 2,5k with Sure strike and fully selfbuffed its about 25k
    noncrit..that´s even more than 600%, no clue where the 1000% comes from
    An IV Destroyer will do a bit less like...no WMS
    But that does not change anything about the GF´s burst and prone ability disbalancing PVP since 3 mods !

PS: my fault, destroyer feat is 3x 12% (+3,5% focussed), so 46,5% damage boost with 3 stacks
    so it´s 7,2 factor..720%
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    Most run IV but some run SM in PVP. Relentless battle fury is nice for runner builds.
    My CD from battlefury is 18 seconds, having 8 seconds uptime. I use it in PVE because it buffs my at wills for 1,2 multiplier, but I did not invest in it, but my former PVP build was like that.
    PVE I go: DS+(WMS)+dagger+ BF ...determination refilled-->unstoppable SS-SS-SS or WMS-WMS-WMS
    The 10 seconds without buff is mostly covered with rebuffing -->DS, WMS, dagger, BF
    Excutioners style is 30% damagebuff to Sure strike, so in the sum you lose that multiplier by investing in relenteless BF.
    In case you do run DS+Dagger+IBS/RS in PVP it´s completely wasted and doesn´t help much.
    It´s the decision between runner build or not imo.
This discussion has been closed.