test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invitation to Casual Gamers

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I am at a different place in my gaming currently than casual gamers. I joined another more end gamey guild.
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Enjoy!
  • bigtimecid#2052 bigtimecid Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm a 64 devoted cleric that would very much like to join mordeth@soshaughnessy7
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I'm a 64 devoted cleric that would very much like to join mordeth@soshaughnessy7

Invite sent.

• telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Hey everyone,

We have the winners of Giveaway 2 here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShGfZgP26nc

We'll have a new giveaway starting this Friday!

Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • dean1975#6161 dean1975 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Woo hoo think that's me winning the boots!! Wonder what the next giveaway will be.....
  • waltersw#4091 waltersw Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Around the 1:10 mark, I have to say that Talia did not sound very convincing that the Lesser Soulforge was going to really help me during battle. ;)
    She actually uses that one herself - Definitely the best armor mod until you can get a perfect-something.
    I should also note that while I provided the Pet, the Soul Forge came from a community member. Much appreciation his way.

Already have the prize(s) for the next giveaway. Because we're still experimenting with the format I'm going to try stretch goals... we'll set milestones, and for each one we reach I'll add another winner. Should be fun. :)
    Casual Gamers
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.

JOIN US.

She actually uses that one herself - Definitely the best armor mod until you can get a perfect-something.
    I should also note that while I provided the Pet, the Soul Forge came from a community member. Much appreciation his way.

Already have the prize(s) for the next giveaway. Because we're still experimenting with the format I'm going to try stretch goals... we'll set milestones, and for each one we reach I'll add another winner. Should be fun. :)

Let me know when you need more prizes. I have a few ideas for a package or two for a long term promotion. Something like an Alchemy package that would include a Grandmaster Alchemist and 3 Mithral tools, that I would donate.

• firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Yea my GF has been selling some things from my other toons, since she only plays as Grace/Melanie. I'll see if she can just donate stuff as prizes instead of selling them. Talking Rank 9-12 enchants, Runestones, All Greater Marks, Artifacts, Profession resources etc.
    edited March 2016

Wonder what the next giveaway will be.....

It something everyone in the game needs, although you could sell one for roughly 100,000 AD.
    What is it?

I’m in Idaho, Virginia and in Washington,
    And Arizona and Nebraska are also my home.
    In Tennessee, and Wisconsin - although I don’t roam.
    In Okanogan County I'm no longer known.
    I’m a Mountain, a creek, a valley, a dome.
    If you have me, I am oft proudly shown.
    I've been in a crown and sat on a throne.
    The Kaiser Chief song may occasionally drone,
    But through this all, I am but a stone.

;)

(Side note: I couldn't find a pre-built riddle for this, so I had to write this myself. Quite proud of it. :) )
    Post edited by telprydain on
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.

Wonder what the next giveaway will be.....

It something everyone in the game needs, although you could sell one for roughly 100,000 AD.
    What is it?

I’m in Idaho, Virginia and in Washington,
    And Arizona and Nebraska are also my home.
    In Tennessee, and Wisconsin - although I don’t roam.
    In Okanogan County I'm no longer known.
    I’m a Mountain, a creek, a valley, a dome.
    If you have me, I am oft proudly shown.
    I've been in a crown and sat on a throne.
    The Kaiser Chief song may occasionally drone,
    But through this all, I am but a stone.

;)

(Side note: I couldn't find a pre-built riddle for this, so I had to write this myself. Quite proud of it. :) )
    That's too easy.

Took the facebook crew a bit to figure it out, although the song line wasn't in their version ;)
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • dozer24dozer24 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I'm interested in this guild you have going.

I have 2 toons - a lvl 70 GF & a lvl 40-something CW I'm currently working on.

This is my first MMO and I'm really raw despite the progress I've made; I really don't know what the hell I'm doing at this point lmao.

I don't do PVP at all, but I'm game for some epic dungeons and whatever else.
    Hey Dozer! We'd be happy to have you, and show you the ropes. To invite you we need your character name and gamer tag. Or you can search for us in-game and get an invite there.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.

Hey Dozer! We'd be happy to have you, and show you the ropes. To invite you we need your character name and gamer tag. Or you can search for us in-game and get an invite there.

That was stupid of me to not provide my info, lmao.

My GT is Princedozer - I'll also message you in game.
  • sirdeadleysirdeadley Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey I been looking into playing the game slot more but I don't have anyone to farm lvls with. My gt:mrjlegacy if you guys are still recruiting

Hey I been looking into playing the game slot more but I don't have anyone to farm lvls with. My gt:mrjlegacy if you guys are still recruiting

We invite everyone that asks on the forum when they provide full information. We need the character name to issue an invite. character full name @ gamertag is the format we need to invite. We currently have 6 slots open and will be purging some inactives in the coming days.

zephyriah said:

We invite everyone that asks on the forum when they provide full information. We need the character name to issue an invite. character full name @ gamertag is the format we need to invite. We currently have 6 slots open and will be purging some inactives in the coming days.

Ah shoot, I didn't give you my toon name, but it's probably for the best because I deleted my lvl70 GF and am going back to the drawing board. Giving the DC a try and I like em' so far. When I get up to speed I'll shoot you guys a message in game if you'll still have me.
    edited March 2016
    dozer24 said:

zephyriah said:

Ah shoot, I didn't give you my toon name, but it's probably for the best because I deleted my lvl70 GF and am going back to the drawing board. Giving the DC a try and I like em' so far. When I get up to speed I'll shoot you guys a message in game if you'll still have me.
    You deleted your only lvl 70 toon? You get two toon slots for free just so you know. You could have kept your GWF, and still started your DC. (Also, DC is great but the grind with DC from 60-70 is a bit more difficult, more obvious reasons)

dozer24 said:

zephyriah said:

You deleted your only lvl 70 toon? You get two toon slots for free just so you know. You could have kept your GWF, and still started your DC. (Also, DC is great but the grind with DC from 60-70 is a bit more difficult, more obvious reasons)
    Oh yeah I have another toon though - a lvl 45 or so CW but I'm only using him for storage at this point because I'm not all that much a fan of the class. Once my DC is built up I'll probably move all of the inventory from the CW to him and make another toon.

It sounds like a bunch of wasteful work but I actually enjoy building up to tear down, lol.
    edited March 2016
    dozer24 said:

zephyriah said:

Low level characters are fine. You can still join and make use of guild assets(player knowledge, teamwork (events, activities were multiple levels can group like the current CTA) and guild bank), but you will still end up soloing most things from 1-60.

To add to what firepats said, for a DC you should build it straight Righteous or Righteous-Haste hybrid and plan on a respec when you get to 70 or so, unless Righteous is your plan. Building a haste or pure healer is painfully slow to level, if you can even kill the mobs it takes forever it seems. 1-60 is not too bad for any build, but 60-70 and acquiring the boons at 70 is almost impossible to do solo for a healing/haste spec.

edited March 2016
    Casual Gamers Giveaway: Blood Rubies

It’s double enchantments this weekend, and to celebrate we’re doing another giveaway, where you could win a Blood Ruby. You can use it now for 50K RP, or save it till next month’s double RP and get a whooping 100K RP… or you could just sell it for roughly 100K Astral Diamonds – it’s up to you.

But that’s not all – we have two stretch goals:
    * If we beat our current gem target, we’ll add another winner
    * If we get 30 different participants, we’ll add another winner
    That’s three chances to win!

To enter, just donate 15 gems to the guild coffer. They need to be at the same time, with the same toon to make it easy to spot. You can enter once a day, for a maximum of 7 entries.
    (I will be watching the coffer, but I’m not on all the time and the coffer log is a mess, so shoot me a message to be sure I’ve marked your name down)

Good luck!
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.

Casual Gamers Giveaway: Blood Rubies

It’s double enchantments this weekend, and to celebrate we’re doing another giveaway, where you could win a Blood Ruby. You can use it now for 50K RP, or save it till next month’s double RP and get a whooping 100K RP… or you could just sell it for roughly 100K Astral Diamonds – it’s up to you.

But that’s not all – we have two stretch goals:
    * If we beat our current gem target, we’ll add another winner
    * If we get 30 different participants, we’ll add another winner
    That’s three chances to win!

To enter, just donate 15 gems to the guild coffer. They need to be at the same time, with the same toon to make it easy to spot. You can enter once a day, for a maximum of 7 entries.
    (I will be watching the coffer, but I’m not on all the time and the coffer log is a mess, so shoot me a message to be sure I’ve marked your name down)

Good luck!

How can my gf submit some things for the next giveaway? I told her to stop selling them and donate for giveaways for some lesser geared people, but she is not sure how to go about putting them in the giveaway.
    For now the best thing would be just to post them to me, although I've wondered if we should open a third bankslot that only allows deposits and is used only for giveaway prizes. It'd give more transparency in terms of donations, but I worry that there'd be issues with donating and/or some bug might allow some ne'rdowell run off with everything.
    If it's something big and/or you have a specific competition (helpful for the guild, or just silly/fun) I'm happy to accommodate.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
    Kewl, I'll let her know. Thks
    Interesting, well knowing that I'll go ahead and give you my toon name: it's Judas@Princedozer.

I look forward to joining.
    dozer24 said:

Interesting, well knowing that I'll go ahead and give you my toon name: it's Judas@Princedozer.

I look forward to joining.

Invite sent. I have 4 characters in guild, 3 are clerics. I'll help as I am able.

• dean1975#6161 dean1975 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I've tried a cleric. Haste. Got to lvl 61. Now not sure how to proceed so I've started a GWF. Already passed DC on lvl 62 now

I've tried a cleric. Haste. Got to lvl 61. Now not sure how to proceed so I've started a GWF. Already passed DC on lvl 62 now

Some of this is going to go against almost everything you ever read if you researched your build.

Haste cleric is an endgame build, it is NOT a good build for leveling. If you do try to level a haste mostly solo it will be slow, but doable, after 60 it gets much more difficult.

For solo play: Use sunburst, divine glow, and Chains if you have them. Daunting Light is a good, but slow, alternative for damage. Chains gives nice DOT, while Sunburst gives knockback and damage in regular mode and triggers Haste in Divine mode. Many mobs can be killed quickly with the chains/sunburst combo as the DOT kills them before they get back to you. Pull a group to you, hit chains, then knockback with sunburst. DG give decent damage and triggers haste for picking off the stragglers.

For dailies when soloing, do not use any healing or buff dailies, use damage. Healing and buff, while great in a group setting, do nothing significant for you as a soloist. Divine Oracle you have 2 damage and Annointed only gives one. It would also be best to have a damage dealing artifact as your active one.

For group play you can use the recommendations set out in most builds. Basically, add healing wind to encounters in place of chains and switch to healing and buff dailies and never using sunburst in normal mode is the gist of most guides.

At-wills can be the same for solo and group. Astral seal should always be on your bar and usually the level 35 at-will (BoTS or BoB) for your paragon path, unless you have very good reason for another preference.

For paragon power, DO = Divine fortune and Holy fervor and AC =Divine fortune and Holy fervor or Anointed Armor (when feeling squishy) are my choices for solo play and switch to buff/debuff for group play.

One other piece of advice, if you are not in a hurry to level the cleric since you have an alt, wait. The Maze Engine's primary purpose to provide more options in the 60-70 leveling process with a new questline and the return of 4 of the leveling dungeons.
This discussion has been closed.