test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invitation to Casual Gamers

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

* A little reminder if you accidentally get removed from the guild: We do clean up the roster to make room for new players, but we only remove people who look inactive. If you’re accidentally removed, please don’t take it personally. Just message us and you’ll be invited back, no questions asked.

-Ardu

A suggestion to help avoid this problem. Ask all members to put something in their member comment section and change or update it at least monthly or maybe bi-weekly. Even something as basic as a period or comma would be enough to show the date it was done and show us that they were online during the past 30 days or 2 weeks. This would help with those who show as invalid and appear inactive due to privacy settings.

• telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I didn't even know that was possible. Can just anyone edit that?
    Feedback around having some sort of newsletter was positive, so I'll make sure to note that next time.
    Thanks, Zeph
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • saeri#0665 saeri Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    YAY! Congratulations to all the winners!

I received the blank in-game mail and was super confused! Thanks for clarifying that.

(I was traveling to Emerald City Comic Con and didn't get to play as much as I wanted to on double XP weekend, but I'm level 68 now...so close!)

Unrelated: I've encountered a bug that doesn't allow me to finish the Siege Training from the wizard--the gold pile doesn't appear and I'm stuck on a loop with the wizard bringing me back to the stronghold. I've reported it and hopefully it gets resolved soon. I've been doing the daily quests from everyone except the wizard. Stupid wizard.
    edited April 2016

I didn't even know that was possible. Can just anyone edit that?

Feedback around having some sort of newsletter was positive, so I'll make sure to note that next time.

Thanks, Zeph

Yes, there is a member comment and officer comment box. Only you and I, maybe the community managers (not sure) can see and edit the officer comment. It uses the same box as the location tab. The players can make and change their own anytime. It would be nice if it was used for preferences, things like "I'll run dungeons" "I prefer solo" "Want to skirmish?" or anything similar. But, as long as anything is put in a comment the popup box will show the date it was entered.

YAY! Congratulations to all the winners!

I received the blank in-game mail and was super confused! Thanks for clarifying that.

(I was traveling to Emerald City Comic Con and didn't get to play as much as I wanted to on double XP weekend, but I'm level 68 now...so close!)

Unrelated: I've encountered a bug that doesn't allow me to finish the Siege Training from the wizard--the gold pile doesn't appear and I'm stuck on a loop with the wizard bringing me back to the stronghold. I've reported it and hopefully it gets resolved soon. I've been doing the daily quests from everyone except the wizard. Stupid wizard.

On the bright side, The wizard doesn't give daily quests. Hope they get it sorted soon.

• urbanslick#9489 urbanslick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    May I join this guild?
    I came here from Reddit, I see that you're active from 10 to 2am, do you have anyone who plays after that?
    I can only get on reliably at 3am PST durning the work week.
    I'm only about three weeks into this game, but I'm eager to tag along and learn and I always have a mic (even if I don't always speak much)

JustaCleric@UrbanSlick
    edited April 2016

May I join this guild?

I came here from Reddit, I see that you're active from 10 to 2am, do you have anyone who plays after that?

I can only get on reliably at 3am PST durning the work week.

I'm only about three weeks into this game, but I'm eager to tag along and learn and I always have a mic (even if I don't always speak much)

JustaCleric@UrbanSlick

We do have people on at different times - I'm in New Zealand, so I tend to be on later that some of the others, and there others about at that time.

(Invite Sent)
    Casual Gamers
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.

JOIN US.
  • vtrjohnvtrjohn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Looking for a more active guild. I'll help out wherever I can and I am on most days :) using my level 50 GWF at the moment (2nd character)

Katy@iJaggedher x
    Happy to invite you – but should warn you that while we have active people at 70, that’s less true of lower levels. Also, while some are active and will run HEs/Epics, other like to solo it. We like to let people play however they want – no mandatory donations or activities (although we obviously appreciate those who do influence, etc al).
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • vtrjohnvtrjohn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well thank you (: although I am only level 50 I only started this character last week so hopefully it won't be too long before I'm level 70!
    edited April 2016
    Just a quick note to say that Temple Lv3 is currently building, which means that our life-steal boon is going to jump to 2400. A big thank-you to everyone that threw in (and a big thank to Luna Sea (Zeph) who donated a pile of level 8s to get us over the line). It represents piles of stuff donated by the whole guild, and knocking it off is quite the achievement.

Next target is Guild Hall level 7 – it’s a big one, but it’s nothing we can’t handle.

Thanks again, everyone! And onwards – to GH7!
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • dozer24dozer24 Member Posts: 23 Arc User

Just a quick note to say that Temple Lv3 is currently building, which means that our life-steal boon is going to jump to 2400. A big thank-you to everyone that threw in (and a big thank to Luna Sea (Zeph) who donated a pile of level 8s to get us over the line). It represents piles of stuff donated by the whole guild, and knocking it off is quite the achievement.

Next target is Guild Hall level 7 – it’s a big one, but it’s nothing we can’t handle.

Thanks again, everyone! And onwards – to GH7!

That's awesome.
    New Guild Bank tabs:

I feel like I’m spamming here, but there’s a lot of stuff going on.
    We’ve expanded the Guild Bank (and by ‘we’ I mostly mean Zeph), and there are now two more tabs. Don’t panic, there’s no new rules – and as always in this guild, there are no special privileges for ‘higher’ ranks. The bank and its items remain open to all members to use on any toons you have in the guild.
    The first is a new tab specifically for dyes and transmutes, leaving the valuables tab clear for equipment, marks and other valuables.
    The second new tab is for donations that will be used for giveaways (if we can’t use it, or if it’s better used in the coffer, we’ll endeavour to return it to you). Having a separate bank-tab means that donated stuff won’t get mixed in with Ardu’s personal horde (which I’ve worried about just in terms of transparency). As a rule it’s better to throw AD and Gem donations into the coffer – but if you have something special that you’d like to have used in a giveaway, you can do that here.. Suitable things include very high level gems, rare items, promotional items, event items, pets, mounts, artefacts or item/weapon enchants.

As always, thank you to those who help keep the Guild Bank stocked. It’s great to see everyone pooling resources and helping out the newer or lower-levelled players.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • balasar#4393 balasar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Could I get an invite? Balasar@Qbert999. Level 70 but still working on getting geared up. Thanks!

Could I get an invite? Balasar@Qbert999. Level 70 but still working on getting geared up. Thanks!

Invite sent.
  • darkwalker53#8511 darkwalker53 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi there, I am a fresh (off the boat) lvl 61 Paladin, and a swag of other classes I have been trying out, who is looking for a guild to join. I am based in NZ and am interested if you have a reasonable Oceanic presence and the fact when I do look your name keeps popping up. Best contact would be Malstrom@icon darkwalker

Hi there, I am a fresh (off the boat) lvl 61 Paladin, and a swag of other classes I have been trying out, who is looking for a guild to join. I am based in NZ and am interested if you have a reasonable Oceanic presence and the fact when I do look your name keeps popping up. Best contact would be Malstrom@icon darkwalker

We have members in NZ. Invite sent. Accept the invite and check it out, if you don't like you can leave anytime. We don't do interviews or have any set requirements to join or remain a member.

As most will have seen, we’re currently having another competition based around handing in influence.
    We already have double the number of participants our very first giveaway had (and that’s with the first giveaway having a far flashier prize). Great to see that Casual Gamers is getting more active as a wider community – and thanks to everyone participating.

Casual Gamers

JOIN US.

As most will have seen, we’re currently having another competition based around handing in influence.
    We already have double the number of participants our very first giveaway had (and that’s with the first giveaway having a far flashier prize). Great to see that Casual Gamers is getting more active as a wider community – and thanks to everyone participating.

I really liked that twice this weekend someone gave an all-guild invite to do rounds of HE in the stronghold. Last night there were about 12-15 people at any given time.

Question: Is there a 400 Influence limit per day? After I had 400, I stopped getting it as a reward for encounters?
    That's correct - you're limited to 400, per character, per day.
    And Guild runs in the Stronghold are awesome - both for the influence and for the rare gear that can drop from the 10 and 15 man encounters.
    Ideally we'd have heroic encounter runs on weeknights too, but obviously it's harder to get everyone involved.
    Good to see that the Stronghold dragon was given a fair few solid whippings too.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
    Just a quick update, due to the number of entries in the current giveaway, we’re expanding the number of winners.
    The Prizes will now look like:
    1st: Your choice of 2 packs from the Donations tab
    2nd: 1 pack of your choice from the Donations tab + 2 (non-weapon enchant) gems
    3rd: 1 pack of your choice from the Donations tab + 1 (non-weapon enchant) gem
    4th: 1 pack of your choice from the Donations tab
    5th: 1 pack of your choice from the Donations tab
    When the winners are drawn tomorrow, I’ll message each winner to get their preference.

And remember – all you have to do to get an entry is drop 400 influence in the coffer.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • yenrak#9199 yenrak Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi. Lvl 70 HR looking to join up with casual gamers. I've never been part of a guild that was actually active in any sense.

Just a quick update, due to the number of entries in the current giveaway, we’re expanding the number of winners.
    The Prizes will now look like:
    1st: Your choice of 2 packs from the Donations tab
    2nd: 1 pack of your choice from the Donations tab + 2 (non-weapon enchant) gems
    3rd: 1 pack of your choice from the Donations tab + 1 (non-weapon enchant) gem
    4th: 1 pack of your choice from the Donations tab
    5th: 1 pack of your choice from the Donations tab
    When the winners are drawn tomorrow, I’ll message each winner to get their preference.

And remember – all you have to do to get an entry is drop 400 influence in the coffer.

I'll be online tonight if we want to do HEs at the SH! Maybe we can have 3+ groups again and kill some dragons.
    edited April 2016

Hi. Lvl 70 HR looking to join up with casual gamers. I've never been part of a guild that was actually active in any sense.

I need Character name@Gamertag to do an invite.

• serahtoninserahtonin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Woops! Did not realize this was Xbox.
  • zenkenobizenkenobi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    New player looking for a decent guild to join. Jaxon@Zen Kenobi
    zenkenobi said:

New player looking for a decent guild to join. Jaxon@Zen Kenobi

Invite sent.
    Winners for Giveaway #5!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujc0VisFwo4

The Winners are:
    Prince Dozer, Peren Moonshadow, Wil Shieldheart, Harbor Smashmouth, Saeri
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • seancampbellooseancampbelloo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Could I get an invite please

SeanCampbello
    Hey, Sean. We need {charactername}@{gamertag}
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
This discussion has been closed.