test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Trade Bar Store

Comments

• ladyfluviatilisladyfluviatilis Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Seriously?
    New player here, so I don't sit on heaps of wards or AD. Between me and my husband over total 4 chars, we got exactly 1 coal from invoking in 6 months, so you certainly can't count on invoking.
    AD is also a problem, but bit by bit you can save some. I was saving for a lesser Vorpal for my CW. Yesterday it was around 139k, this morning (EU timezone) after this very special little piece of news pricing has doubled. Well, guess I will create it from shards with the free one, but it will be a lesser for eternity, since there is no way I will spend 10 euros for a coal in the store.

Next thing I wanted to get was a month of VIP. I won't: I'm not really that interested in lockboxes anymore.
    Strive always to aid, to foster new hope, new ideas, and new prosperity for all humankind and its allies. Perfect thyself, and guard ever against pride, for it is a sacred duty to foster new growth, nurture growing things, and work for rebirth and renewal. Be fertile in mind and in body. Consider always the consequences of thine actions so that the least effort may bring the greatest and best reward. Wherever you go, sow seeds of plants, tend the growing things you find, and plant seeds of hope, new ideas, and plans for a rosy future in the minds of all. Whenever possible, see each dawn. - Lathander's Dogma
  • lairdbansheelairdbanshee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    This is further proof to me of the feeling I have long gotten that Perfect World actually *owns* a sufficient amount of the gold-sellers, knowing how overpriced Coals are in the Zen Store, that they need to push players into the gold-sellers to get ahead.
    If they can't make money off the game, they'll at least make money of the peripheral subsidiaries...
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    OK Cryptic, you successfully convinced me to quit this time.
  • edwin3010edwin3010 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Unbelievable, obviously they didn't f*** over enough people last week so they're giving it another go this week. I really can't work out their reasoning for doing this. I know its to try and force us into buying Zen, but is anyone actually going to pay £10 for one ward. Or am I missing something here?
  • fullmetalaricxfullmetalaricx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    have you seen the coalwards on AH now? i was too late and now they're 200k ea. your actions RIGHT NOW are what ruined it, instead of it being fixed.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Why don't you just remove the tarm bar market now after all it is useless now.

You always say you don't have enough resources to bring back all the dungeons at epic level. Yet you had resources to rework the Inventory to allow tarm bar market there and then you have the resources to remove Coal wards from it.

Please stop lying to your clients. That is just dumb. especially since the last 3 mods were complete failures and there is not much positive about the upcoming one.

There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Really regretting spending 800 bars on a pet, now. What this announcement means is that that shadow-demon was an $110 pet.

These changes won't really affect a lvl70/3k til player. I make 118k ad every 3 days, just doing two dungeons and two skirmishes a day. So if coals go back to 500k, I'll still get one every 2 weeks, and its not like I can afford a pair of g.vorps every two weeks anyway.

The issue is really for the lower-level players for whom earning the daily AD cap is a real challenge. Couple that with a catastrophically broken RNG (I spent 45 preservation wards on a 20%-chance upgrade!) and higher level anything is impossible---short of having guildies carry you through the epic dungeons. (And even then, the bigger guilds require lvl 70 with some TIL requirements)

*** I really hope you will consider adding some coalescent wards to the rewards for the non-repeatable leveling quests, just to help new players get a few good enchants, so that they have a hope in the epic dungeons ***
  • wizardsleeves69wizardsleeves69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    I'm not even mad about this, I'm just sad. I'm sad so many dedicated players are unhappy and quitting. Why would the devs want to drive people off like this for short term gains? Are they planning on shutting the whole game down soon so they're just milking what they can ASAP while pumping out new mods with less and less new content?

Give us a reason to keep playing, I want to love Neverwinter again.
    A decapitated fighter always quits while he's a head.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    these items in zen market would be untouchable as long players are going to boycott, many wont give in. it is time for embargo PWI and soon Hasbro will hear why players are up in arms and nerdrage.

maybe that why that 3rd year on the floor in PE's garden is their last and final year, and the anniversary is just around the corner, and it is late.

edit to add, that also make me wonder if they are pushing players to 3rd party sellers for zens and diamonds if they cant make money and then start banning. Oh The Horror! Horror of it All!.
  • hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    7 pages of anguished screams in 6 hours!

Really Cryptic - does that tell you anything! :'(:#D:
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User

we all love this game and want it to thrive.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9798173

is that a joke?

lol. depends on how broad 'we' is interpreted.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    I've been saying for the last year+ that cryptic does not want our business. They want to show that the game is not profitable. They want to show that they meet their contract requirements but the game is not worth the investment so they can get out from under their contract. The only question is if they want to show that it "has potential" so they can sell it to someone else or if they want to be able to shut it down. But in cryptics eyes they have made their $ and its time to get out.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    This effectively places weapon and armor enchantments out of the reach of new players. Remember, the chance of success is ***1%***. It also removes the largest benefit of VIP: while I have no doubt that someone from Cryptic will spin/rationalize it as "lockboxes still have benefits", my reply would be something along the lines of "don't insult my intelligence". Everyone with two brain cells knows that the major benefit from VIP's free key, by far, is the trade bars that we can use to buy coal wards. To attempt to equate anything else from the lockbox slot-machine with that is truly an insult to one's intelligence.

I like the perks from VIP, but not enough to drop $10 a month on them. Removing the wards, for me, is a deal-breaker.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    So people who are away for the weekend will miss out on these news and will be stuck with all bars they have...

Why not make them bound for atleast a week and then remove them.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• thatguy321654987thatguy321654987 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    Back when vip was not around and the only real way of getting a coal was 500k ad on the ah house or 1000 zen, and then the really rare drop in invoking, i never bought a coal on the Zen market or the ah. I prayed for them. Took me months to just get a few. I always thought $10 or 500k was wayyy to expensive for these things. Rather spent my ad on other stuff. Guess it's back to praying. They should lower the zen price for this things down to 100. Then it will be a ok.
  • lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    tousseau said:

One of the things that gets me is that they told the Xbox platers that they were being removed because they were not supposed to be in the store... And now for us, it's for "economic reasons"..

Uh-huh... OK... Yeah, sure... you betch-ya

Its like I showed in the Xbox threads. If they had released them on Xbox it would have shown the true values in the economy, namely, Rubies and wards would have shown on the xbox side that AD/Zen should be at 100. Instead, prior to underdark where AD/Zen was at 140. Immediately after the underdark upgraded we were at AD/Zen 180 Now, today, AD/Zen was at 200+. So they have increased the value of Zen by 40% in a week, instead of massively cutting it.

In the case of the PC side, they are going to try to do the same thing. Unfortunately for them the PC players have far more control of the economy due to the amount of AD in player hands.
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    devs are gone for weekend, they hand in patch to code patcher and maintaince team to patch on friday, knowing they are about getting flamed just like other team who did mod 6.

that how General Custard get flamed for being silver-tounged, ambushed at Bullrun, now it is become 2nd Bullrun as soon they get back on monday.

players are upset, players dont like bottleneck situations to game progression. zen market will go ice cold for months, refusing to renew VIP, buying zen with diamonds get too expensive, it still at 500 to 1.
    nothing changed with market, guys in suits are still lying and still failing with market, they seem very "Desperate" hurting for real cash, making cash grab.

leaving the players a no choice, just to log for mini quests or invoking, then leave for other games, players seem have no options, any new players who just install and only to find cash grab gimmick, they wont stay around when they find getting stuck on progressions.

it made them feel this game had just died for good.
  • daddydethdaddydeth Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Perhaps something Cryptic will understand

" International day of Protest "

• vaylonbanebladevaylonbaneblade Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I've been playing the game since beta, and that's when I capped more characters. After realizing how fun it was, I immediately bought Hero of the North, and leveled more characters to get one of every class. It stayed that way for a while, with things being fun and interesting. Then you gave us the chore of leveling past 60, through poorly designed versions of re-purposed maps. That, in itself, wasn't enough to make fans of the old days quit playing. You have proven time and time again how little you care about customers through poor customer service, which didn't keep people who were dedicated playing. The one thing it was possible to justify buying, after inscribed garments, was keys. This was because after getting worthless drops that could barely help you in any way, you eventually got a coalescent ward. Module 8 made this even more fun, and I personally spent large amounts just to open them with friends and see what was inside, buying VIP to get the extra keys as well. If you're going to continue HAMSTER the people who support you out of every fun aspect of the game, what's the point? Would you rather have a game nobody plays so that instead of running it off of server hardware you could have a small laptop in the corner letting the remaining six active accounts have their fun? I've just personally turned friends on to the game to try and grow a guild with the upcoming changes to Stronghold costs in module 9 so they can start a guild and still be competitive. Many of us were trying to bring in friends to play with us because of this, knowing that the cheaper cost of enchantments - similar to the costs back in the early days of the game - would allow them to catch up in gear score. With the requirements to run end game content, you're simply removing players from the only rewarding content in the game, and the only possible change you could make to fix this would be drastically altering rates for refining success, which you obviously aren't going to do. As a company, you're making decisions to alienate your dedicated players and keep them from bringing in friends, who are all told when starting that the game really begins once you cap. Nobody plays an MMO to level. Nobody plays a game where they can't progress. You've effectively ended both endgame and character progression. Thank you for fond memories of when you actually cared.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    yes guys we are so angry with the change thats why we got 100 to 1000+ keys each player to make profit. NOW our useless vip is time to pay us fortune of ad. no??????????????????r.i.p.????????????? quit??????????????? think before you write?

oh and i forgot that useless vip has and other useless things. like 0 ad TO POST an item in auction? when is level 12 -25% reduction in wondrous bazar? ENCHANTS level 7 in tradebar store? mounts for 2400 bars( i would like to see here a 50% reduction and add more mounts).

go for it quit or never buy again vip lesser players undercut me with THE ZERO POSTING FEE.
  • mrsspireamrsspirea Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    That's it, no more money or vip on me. Not paying one dollar to you guys. Not worth the struggle :(
  • ajpsrurh#7862 ajpsrurh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This is amazing.. i have been playing for 2 months, still dont have weapon/armor enchant because they are very expansive to buy from Ah, this change will double/triple its prices. Guess im moving on as well.
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Let me guess >:)   Most players will spend out their silver bars before patch. Then... next mod they add something insane op stuffs into tamarlune store ( mount insignia ?), then...players will be push to open the gambling box again to get silver bar....great income :D

Are u sure you are not pushing ur lovely players step forward to your enemies :/
  • lucanmoonshadowlucanmoonshadow Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I held off until the 1st of the month on buying a 6 month VIP for 2 accounts. I guess I can go shoe shopping now. I wont be renewing it at all unless there is a reversal and/or removal of the CWs from the Zen Market. CW's were the only halfway decent thing in the Trade Bar Store. Once they are gone there is no more reason for me to put more effort into creating a better-geared character in a game of mediocrity.
  • lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

People are watching all of the outstanding AD on the ZAX drying up in real-time, and the price is steadily rising. At this rate it will peg at 500 in a couple of hours.

Talk about the Law of Unintended Consequences.

This is the intended effect. On the PC side there are people with a fortune in AD, in a few days they wont be worth as much Zen as they used to be.
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • lucanmoonshadowlucanmoonshadow Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Another issue stemming from this very unwise decision ... the only people really left to play this game will be those under-geared and unable to get better gear players trying valiantly to fight Dragons and Demons with very little help. From those that remain Im sure you will be receiving a very hardy "thank you".
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Another issue stemming from this very unwise decision ... the only people really left to play this game will be those under-geared and unable to get better gear players trying valiantly to fight Dragons and Demons with very little help. From those that remain Im sure you will be receiving a very hardy "thank you".

dont worry they thought about that. they will learn to play like we learned when we were at mod 0 anyone helped us?
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    I think just about everything that could be said bout this being a seriously bad decision has already been written here. I would assume they have some metric that guides them and rationalizes this as a good business decision, but in reality I think that would fail to account for future lack of trust. I doubt I'll renew my VIP, something I purchased with RL money, like most the keys etc I buy, in game AD went towards toon development not the Zen exchange for me. How can someone in my position ever, after Cryptic's pathological bait and switch business tactics, ever rely on their product being reliable. Quite simply I can't, so it makes zero sense to put real cash into something that is very likely not going to be 'as advertised' when I buy it.
  • uddz#7985 uddz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm a casual player, i was saving to get a vorpal enchantment and reached 400k yesterday. I was thrilled about finally being able to buy one but the price went insane.
    I guess i'll never see one, too bad because i was also about to buy vip...

My gaming experience has been hurt severely by this.
    Please have a second thought about this.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    No reason to buy a VIP anymore, no reason to buy a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> overpriced coal in the zen store.
    Craptic wins!
    March is the month of the Q1 financial report: Be prepared to see profit down in Q2.
    - upset players and insane decisions
    - new games coming (uhmm....today something new is released)
    - no trasparency
    - bad communication
    - bad game management (1 year to have new HEs into CN)
    - Bad game experience
    - big paywalls

Why sholud a player spend for this game?

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
This discussion has been closed.