test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Trade Bar Store

Comments

• rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    No reason to buy a VIP anymore, no reason to buy a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> overpriced coal in the zen store.
    Craptic wins!
    March is the month of the Q1 financial report: Be prepared to see profit down in Q2.
    - upset players and insane decisions
    - new games coming (uhmm....today something new is released)
    - no trasparency
    - bad communication
    - bad game management (1 year to have new HEs into CN)
    - Bad game experience
    - big paywalls

Why sholud a player spend for this game?

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • morrowind69morrowind69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    Before you focused on economy many steps need to fix :
    1-remove npc's that not useful in the game .
    2-remove the guilds with one person only .
    3-fix the lag & the protect the servers from attacks.
    4-ban ad/gold spammers in the game .
    5-Blackice + gold become useless when we have VIP (Think smart to make them useful again) .
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Let's face it... the Coalescent ward price was way too cheap in conjunction with low cost keys thanks to VIP.

Sure they made a big mistake by introducing both of those things.

They made a mistake including AD in Leadership. They took it out. Everyone was outraged, including me. The economy got better (remember when it took 1-2 weeks to buy Zen at 500AD?)

They made a mistake making Coalecent wards that cheap. Everyone is outraged. Still, it's the right thing to do for the game. Remember, there's a balance. Things need to be cheap enough for gamers, but expensive enough so that people that create the game are properly rewarded for their effort.

Unless you PVP, it really doesn't matter how expensive Coalescent wards are beyond the first two. PVE just isn't that hard. You will succeed just find with a lesser weapon and lesser armor enchantment if you know how to play your character and find a team that knows how to communicate.

It's not the end of days. Everything will be OK.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Well i won't be happy to say, but i said it many times, people learn history, learn where these cheap PR tricks come from and you can so to speak see into the future.

This is one of the best games out there, but sadly wasted. The management is worth less then a dime in my eyes, they wouldn't stand a chance in RL, full with competition, only in this closed environment. There are days i try to figure out, is this done unintentionally, by badly educated PR suits or done by intention. I really don't know... :s

I call myself lucky, i have spent my coal wards last double RP weekend and i really think about not renewing my VIP, for what purpose? I never got any decent drops from them lock boxes, only thing motivated me, was that this way i could upgrade my toons with Coa wards. Now this option gone, VIP is useless to me, i can live without those Companion Fortification Kits. LOL

And we are still not allowed to say what the game has become... Guess what, if you can have powerful items only by Zen shop and by the amounts, which a normal player never will be able to accumulate, what is it again? Yeah that word.

This will only help elitism grow, the same BS, that ruined Tiamat runs, that killed PVP and now spreads in PVE too.

I only wish the PR suits would also use those methods from those historical books, which please customers a bit, not just strangle.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    countdown to nerfing refining rewards in leadership in 3..2...1

but anyway this reverses one of the best changes in the past year and the goodwill of your playerbase in one swell swoop.

thanks for giving us 3 leveling dungeons though that was worth waiting almost a year for
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

This will only help elitism grow, the same BS, that ruined Tiamat runs, that killed PVP and now spreads in PVE too.

I agree PVP is destroyed by players that amassed insane wealth early on due to exploits and leadership armies.

PVE, not so much. PVE is not very hard (it is trivial for "elite" players, not even fun anymore in terms of game challenge). If you want to find people to run any PVE content without any elitism, check out NW_Legit_Community. Good, knowledgeable people that don't care about your item level.

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Let's face it... the Coalescent ward price was way too cheap in conjunction with low cost keys thanks to VIP.

Sure they made a big mistake by introducing both of those things.

They made a mistake including AD in Leadership. They took it out. Everyone was outraged, including me. The economy got better (remember when it took 1-2 weeks to buy Zen at 500AD?)

They made a mistake making Coalecent wards that cheap. Everyone is outraged. Still, it's the right thing to do for the game. Remember, there's a balance. Things need to be cheap enough for gamers, but expensive enough so that people that create the game are properly rewarded for their effort.

Unless you PVP, it really doesn't matter how expensive Coalescent wards are beyond the first two. PVE just isn't that hard. You will succeed just find with a lesser weapon and lesser armor enchantment if you know how to play your character and find a team that knows how to communicate.

It's not the end of days. Everything will be OK.

The reason they did the low price was they were trying to hide the fact that Underdark was a complete and utter failure. They figured add the Coal to redone tarm bar and people will think underdark is good now it is near the next Mod so they need to make the customers depressed and feeling bad so they are great full for the scraps they get in the next mod.

A mod that brings nothing new just brings back 1 shorter and less difficult dungeon.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    The Coal Wards on the tradebar store probably were bad BOTH for the in-game economy and for the Cryptic economy.

Two problems fixed with one change! A golden bullet!

Although changes like that sucks, I can see making Coals that cheap on the tradebar was a mistake in the first place.
    They could have fixed it by setting the Coals back up to the old price of 200 bars though.
  • bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User

Rather than remove wards from the trade bar store, which has heralded as a great success of Mod 8, remove them from the zen store. Sorry that no one wants to buy your extremely overpriced wards in the zen store, but do you really think you're going to sell more now? People didn't buy them in the first place, why would they buy them now?

Man. A disfigured CN. Insulting leveling dungeons. And now you're taking our wards. Mod 9 fail.

I would like to see some transparency on the negative effect to the ingame economy. Because the only negative effect I see is that you might be selling less from the zen store because, again, coal wards are insanely overpriced. What I see as an effect of the trade bar store rework? Less expensive enchantments, an easier way to gear up, a valuable commodity that can be exchanged for AD if you don't have time to farm AD. But I mean, by all means, tell us nothing, give us a bs consolation prize, and say "too bad, deal with it".

The economy is better now than it ever has been. Do you really think taking away our ability to make enchants is going to make us richer or enable us to have more fun with this already grindy and gated game?

Andy...I'm so sorry you have to always deliver this terrible news. The devs behind you need to get their heads on straight.​​

Quoted for truth's sake!!!
  • kingramzekingramze Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Whomever made this decision needs to find another line of work. I'm not even kidding. VIP was the first smart thing this game had done in ages -- hey, a way to get a monthly fee for a reasonable price from players and make them feel rewarded for paying! This should have been ENCOURAGED. Now, you've ruined it. So many players had VIP and many more were saving up for it! What company wouldn't want a regular, expected income from their customers?

If you're going to kill VIP by making trade bars worthless, then you should lower the price of everything in the zen market to next to nothing to make up for it. Coalescent Wards $1.00 each... maybe. Someone who wouldn't buy one for $10 might buy 10 for $10... so you'd get that $10 instead of zero money. I know I won't be spending real money on zen for VIP now that I know it's worthless... and I certainly won't be buying wards in the Zen market without a 99% off coupon. Do you not understand the term MICRO-payments?

I don't know what school of economics your employees went to, but people have a certain amount of disposable income they're willing to pay for entertainment each month. While some will spend more than others, that amt is basically fixed for each customer. That means a customer willing to spend $10/month is only going to spend that much and no more - and only if it's fun to do so. A customer willing to spend $50/month or $500/ month is the same. This is also true for the free players -- they won't spend a dime no matter what you do. (but they will work hard for AD to buy zen from the "whales" that want their AD for the cash they spend)

VIP was a GREAT way to give perks to paying subscribers and most of the value was in the keys and bars from the boxes the keys opened. You KILLED it. And as recent as September, you said this would NOT happen. Is 5 months or so too long ago to remember?!?!?

Killing the Bar store kills VIP, which means you're back to sporadic purchases in the Zen store instead of a steady income from VIP membership. Great job shooting yourselves in the foot. I'd have serious concerns if I were an employee of a company that makes such poor decisions regarding their customers. At least hire an economics professor or heck, have a class project for FREE at a major university to pick apart and repair the broken economy in the game. Basic Econ 101 mistakes are happening here, but a 300 level course would have more intelligent solutions for the game.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    I sincerely hope they took back this decision, againsting 99% of the playerbase will just destroy the game
  • ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    These people is stealing our money in our faces and we can do nothing, CHEATING BAD.
    edited February 2016

Things need to be cheap enough for gamers, but expensive enough so that people that create the game are properly rewarded for their effort.

Normally i would agree, if i could see a NEW thing since Mod 3/4, but all i see is just recycled content and that doesn't need any financial support, nor credit to the makers. Yes, if we would see new dungeons like until Mod 3/4, i would say, hmm bad move, but the game evolves, but sorry mate i can't see just 1 part of the game, which has evolved and isn't made out of 100 times recycled stuff. The only work they have done in past year is not something to be proud of, Like Mod 6 disaster or the crappy PVP rings, etc. Heck most of the time we can't play this game cause Cryptic is too cheap to spend on decent security and hire qualified IT people. Sorry, but no credit from me here.

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

mynaam said:

Ther eason they did the low price was they were trying to hide the fact that Underdark was a complete and utter failure.

Who says it was a failure? I rather enjoyed the mod for a while (though it's not enough content to last until the next module). Steam charts shows a pretty steady user base over the last 3 months (and more-or-less over the last 9 months).

http://steamcharts.com/app/109600#3m

Easy to make wild generalizations. Where are the facts?

mattock13 said:

Ugh. Just when I thought the game might turn the corner.

I wish we could just roll the game back to pre Elemental Evil. I'd gladly give up all that I've put into the game in the last year.

My wish too, said it many times, i guess dreaming is still allowed.

Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    aratech said:

What the hell is a Pvp anyway?

The most realistic campfire observation minigame in PC history.
    I chuckled right there! +1
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    kingramze said:

Someone who wouldn't buy one for $10 might buy 10 for $10... so you'd get that $10 instead of zero money.

And yet, all those programmer's salaries are being paid. People do buy things. Cryptic does make money. You have no clue how many $10 Coalescent wards they sell, only they do.

My gut feeling is $10 is over-priced, but I don't have any actual data to back that up. Cryptic does. I very strongly suspect they have someone that looks at Zen market data closely and sets prices to maximize profit. If they could make more by dropping coalescent ward prices, they would.

• valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    That is how they use their "bandwidth"... ROFL

Yeah! Go on! You are rocking!!! I just can't stop laughing.
    Post edited by valcontar73 on
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • nischhalsubbanischhalsubba Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    TIme to leave Neverwinter..

Trade bars were the main reason that made so addicted to play.
    R.I.P NW

edited February 2016
    Many players purchased months of VIP in advance because of the daily key, and the promise that if they didn't get lucky with one of the multi-million AD drops, they could at least eventually buy a coalescent ward.

That promise was broken.

Cryptic should quickly add a merchant that will buy back unused full months of VIP for those players that feel unfairly treated.

Personally, I will keep my VIP and renew it. It is worth it to me.

However, many players feel deceived, and rightly so. They will not trust Cryptic with their money next time around. They will spend less (potentially nothing) over time. A buy-back program is the right thing for the players, and the right thing for Cryptic.

edited February 2016

• cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    "Please keep discussions respectful"

you mean respectful as in not saying anything remotely negative or critical towards this shoddy immoral company, or respectful in the way it has screwed us all over repeatedly?
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Well, now that they're removing coal wards, pres wards etc from the tarmalune trade bar vendor, that is a large disincentive to continue logging in for the key. At least now I won't feel compelled to log in as often.

I have been looking for reasons to reduce my attachment to this game. Thank you Cryptic.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    jazzfong said:

I sincerely hope they took back this decision, againsting 99% of the playerbase will just destroy the game

They've never changed their decision, in small or big HAMSTER ups, and they will not change it this time.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    [quote]Many players purchased months of VIP in advance because of the daily key, and the promise that if they didn't get lucky with one of the multi-million AD drops, they could at least eventually buy a coalescent ward.

That promise was broken.[/quote]

You think?!

Oh cryptic i want to thank you, because of this i wont be buying VIP so yeah money saved on my end money lost on yours.
    Kirk eyes a young female romulan put on her EV suit then her head dissapears.

Kirk : My god bones...her head is gone :eek:

Mccoy : DAMNIT JIM!! im a doctor not a game developer
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    200 days of vip remaining... 30 days of not logging in, only because my pc broke.

All I can say to the coal ward Change is... wow....... not happy

I like vip for the teleports and body damage immunity after death.

I don't like the suggested coal ward changes. It will only make life harder for new players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Thinking about what you're saying @TripsOfThrymr, it really is a dishonest business practice they have done (or are about to do after today's patch).

The VIP were sold on the premise that tarmalune bars were received by using the daily lockbox key, which could be exchanged for items in the tarmalune trade bar store. The fact that players purchased VIP with this in mind, and thinking of no ill-intention on behalf of Neverwinter, players bought VIP in good faith.

Now that Cryptic is about to revoke the provision of coalescent and preservation wards from the tarmalune trade bar store, the initial worth of VIP will be lessened in value.

This is not a precedent in terms of what Neverwinter has done in the past. There have been alterations which have affected what original buyers had in mind but which was not delivered (think of the Death Slaad "account wide" companion). Would a proper business be selling "Item A" but deliver "Item B" instead? The fact that VIP extends into months in advance, having no proper warning for this change to account for the temporal nature of the purchase, or an inability to refund VIP value, then the practices that Cryptic is showing is definitely not fair trade.

Suggestions to consider before implementing today's patch:

(1) At the very least, the trade bars which could be accrued by current VIP programs should still be able to purchase aforesaid items until it expires.

(2) Furthermore, a refund ability should be put into place.

Lastly, Cryptic, you must realise that the good faith which players bought VIP, will be lost because of this. Your attempts at an account-bound commiseration item will not negate it. In fact, it is condescending to your player-base, or perhaps even an attempt to distract from your unfair practices.

You will not be able to buy back good faith once it is lost.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I feel cheated..... it really hurts...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
This discussion has been closed.