What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Trade Bar Store

Comments

• Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    darthbbq said:

Here's a thought... If the Wards are causing economic issues with botters, make them BoA. Problem solved.

Because they can then sell the enchants. But really, that's not that much of an issue. The main thing that others have pointed out is that this mucks over the VIP guys. I.E. the ones paying a subscription like fee monthly for additional perks. The cash cows. Guess who's going to now be once burned, twice shy?
  • Options
    zer00kzer00k Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

Not to mention you can't even keep a POS 14 year old kid from hitting you with a DDOS. Can you do anything right? Never mind releasing M9... or bother fixing the bugs... because the game WILL BE DEAD shortly after.​​

Cost-benefit analysis ---> How much would it cost us to implement a solution vs how much it would cost us in lost revenue. It would seem they believe/feel that it is better to let him DDOS.
  • Options
    bloodr41nbloodr41n Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Just letting you know that I WON'T be renewing my VIP next week, thanks to this update. Great work!
  • Options
    darwinsradiodarwinsradio Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    So the refinement grind, which is the worst mechanic in the game just turned in to a deal breaker. I may watch from the outside and see what they do after this, but I'm not paying cash for wards.

Are wards going to be added as drops? They have to be available somewhere in game for game currency.

PAY to WIN.
  • Options
    nipsmeowingtonnipsmeowington Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2016

we all love this game and want it to thrive.

Not the PWE business department, not with decisions like that. Since Mod 6 the only people that wanted this game to succeed were the players, the devs, and community managers.

I'm another $1000+ player, who will no longer pay. I'll just continue playing for free until a half-baked bot detection algorithm bans me, followed by a dismissive FU customer service email. Strum I hope you upgrade to a better company after PWE business dep't runs this game into the ground. PWE doesn't deserve you or most of us.

Funny anyone thought that might actually work ;-)
    Post edited by nipsmeowington on
  • Options
    tivvumtivvum Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    It was hard enough to progress all the artifacts and enhants. One of the primary reasons I bought more VIP was to get Coals. With the removal from the trade store, I don't see any way I can get the coals I need as a casual player.
    It was slow enough before...... this will make it unbearable.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Soo anyway..

@strumslinger ... do we get patch notes for tomorrow?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    mickmalcommickmalcom Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Nice bait and switch guys. Any way to get a refund on my now next to useless vip? Just to add my 2 cents here, I'm done spending real money with your company too.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    "Keep it respectful." Funny you should feel the need to say that. Time to look at other games. (I have bought a lot of lockbox keys lately. That stops.)
  • Options
    pmswithagunpmswithagun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    The high price of coal wards and them NOT dropping during invocation despite having 11 characters that I invoke EVERYDAY is what caused me to leave this game for a year vowing never to return. Only after hearing the price dropped within normal range did I decide to give the game another try. Now you are taking us back to the same old HAMSTER. Since you are removing them from trade bar store, then you should make the drop rate higher during invocation. But that won't happen right? So this will most likely send me out looking for another game again. Sorry but you made a poor decision that I truly believe will backfire.
  • Options

Why don't you stop sugar coating the truth and stop hiding behind the fact of the BOTTERS and 3RD PARTY AD Sellers are who controls the economy of the game.

If players think otherwise then they are absolutely oblivious to what goes on behind the scenes.

This is the simple fact of why nice things are taken away from honest, nice and legitimate players.

Why buy from the Zen store when 3RD Party Sellers can buy Zen items from Tarmalune Bar store and resell them at a lower cost to dishonest players?

Then, you give a slap on the wrist by banning accounts for 3 days when they break ToS and buy from the 3rd Party Sellers.

You are trying to kill the problem by the most little effort ever. You are getting the cart before the horse. You are trying to put out a forest fire with a spray can. You are trying to stop a Mac truck with a flyswatter.

You seem to be an advertisement for 3rd Party Sellers. Are these guys related to you? Cryptic is see-sawing the value of trade bars & VIP, no one else. Most of their so-called "anti-bot" efforts were cash grabs.
  • Options
    gusmichaelgusmichael Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    It will be a cold day in hell when Cryptic listens to player feedback. This is apparent when one looks at a forum post from anytime in the last six months. Something only aggrivated by having two people do live Q and A sessions that are so obviously clueless about the state of the game not answer any of the questions people actually care about. What the hell is a Pvp anyway?
  • Options

What the hell is a Pvp anyway?

The most realistic campfire observation minigame in PC history.
  • Options

It is a sugar coated truth. Truth is, the Tarmalune Bars are being used by 3RD Party Sellers to undersell the Zen store.

If they took them out of the Zen store it wouldn't be a problem, would it?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Eh. Well I wasn't a huge spender but now I don't even have a reason to renew my VIP. Thanks for the beer money I guess?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    xgrandz02 said:

Of course !! they need to do something about it!!
    and it is good so,

OMG guys be realistic and serious!!

" a 100% Chance just for 75 Bars" This just ridiculous cheap... make no sense. "be realistic"
    its why the auctionhouse was Overflowed with this items.
    the value of wards was basically zero.

what kind of game give you a 100% chance just for free,
    there's no one beside single or private servers.

Stop your flame/crying for nothing.. or keep hating if u want but nothing will change.
    There's tons of player that never used tradebars and they are fine with that.

Actually, when I got here in mod 2, zen was around 300 AD and coalescent wards were about 250k. So, zen being around 380 and wards being around 120k wasn't too far off the mark, considering AD was a lot easier to get in mod 2. I'm one of the lucky ones - I was already working on upgrading my r11s to r12s and I had enough trade bars to but coalescent wards for the remaining enchantments (I HATE the RNG especially at a 3% chance, already have the mount I want, I'm happy with my build and so would rather spend the wards on r12s than save AD I won't have much of a use for in a couple months). But like almost every change since mod 6 (and quite a few before) this is just a kick in the teeth to newer players. The cost reductions that came long after removing AD from leadership and the trade bar rework are the ONLY two good decisions I've seen this team make in the last year as far as I can recall. Now they've taken most of the value out of one of those.
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    It is an insult to our intelligence to suggest that this has anything to do with the in game economy. This is about the fact that there was a 2x RP weekend with 15% off Refinement items in the C-Store, and my guess is that few if anyone spent anything on RP items from the C-Store. I can't say I'm surprised considering that even with the 15% off a single Coal Ward is $8.50. I'm not sure who's got 8.5 to 10 dollars to drop on a coal ward, but it isn't me and it isn't my wife. We are both Rank 12 VIPs, but I don't think we'll be buying any more zen any time soon. I don't know what's worse; NCSoft just shutting CoH (and other games) down or PWI slowly driving away the player base until the game is full of Bots and Gold Farmers with no one to sell to.

Someone needs to sit you people down (or the execs at PWI or whomever is the problem here) and explain the concept of MICRO Transactions.
  • Options

It is an insult to our intelligence to suggest that this has anything to do with the in game economy. This is about the fact that there was a 2x RP weekend with 15% off Refinement items in the C-Store, and my guess is that few if anyone spent anything on RP items from the C-Store. I can't say I'm surprised considering that even with the 15% off a single Coal Ward is $8.50. I'm not sure who's got 8.5 to 10 dollars to drop on a coal ward, but it isn't me and it isn't my wife. We are both Rank 12 VIPs, but I don't think we'll be buying any more zen any time soon. I don't know what's worse; NCSoft just shutting CoH (and other games) down or PWI slowly driving away the player base until the game is full of Bots and Gold Farmers with no one to sell to.

Someone needs to sit you people down (or the execs at PWI or whomever is the problem here) and explain the concept of MICRO Transactions.

"We understand micro transactions perfectly, you ignorant pleb! It's where we charge you ludicrous amounts of cash in order for you to advance your digital character by a MICROscopic amount!"

I'd say the above was hyperbole used for the purposes of satire. But at this point, I don't know if I honestly can.
  • Options
    bathsheababathsheaba Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Well it is one reason for me not to renew the VIP option.

Lockbox key are truly valuable to me only if I can get the bars for the C-wards and it was a cheaper way of getting them.
  • Options
    redsea1000redsea1000 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Dude, I saw this happen with COH/COV, a game much better than this that was still making money and they shut it down, you guys better watch how much you invest in this game anymore.
  • Options
    aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    I don't need them and I don't care much from where we should buy them, except for some stacks of preservation wards. More or less I always have some coals because of invocation, and due to the fact that my enchants are transcendent, my coals just mean extra AD. My concern, however, is if this will impact badly in AH prices for the rest of the people. Because I see rookies and I have friends that really need them to progress. And if this change screw things and means a way back to how overpriced these things were, this will affect me by affecting the people around me... and that means a negative impact for all!!

Anyway, it's getting useless to write feedback on the forums. More than feedback, it becoming more and more a wall of regrets. And my biggest regret is seeing this game and think about what could have been... such a potential wasted!
  • Options
    joenettlesjoenettles Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Not that you guys care, but a reasonable change would be just making them bound. Or even putting coal-wards back to 200 bars and being bound wouldn't be as bad. We might get upset and complain some, but it would not be a complete outrage. This is just a smack in the face for all of us with VIP. It was an affordable way to advance in the game, even though it is very slow. I'm not going to rage quit the game, but I doubt I'll renew my VIP.

And BTW the past 2 lockboxes have destroyed the economy, not the trade bar store. Anything less than legendary is garbage now, because the market is completely overloaded.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Not that you guys care, but a reasonable change would be just making them bound. Or even putting coal-wards back to 200 bars and being bound wouldn't be as bad. We might get upset and complain some, but it would not be a complete outrage. This is just a smack in the face for all of us with VIP. It was an affordable way to advance in the game, even though it is very slow. I'm not going to rage quit the game, but I doubt I'll renew my VIP.

And BTW the past 2 lockboxes have destroyed the economy, not the trade bar store. Anything less than legendary is garbage now, because the market is completely overloaded.

Easy fix: introduce mythic upgrades for a steep price.
  • Options
    lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    As an Xbox player you have my condolences. We never even got to have them at the cheaper rate at all.
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User

The fact that your suggestion would fix everything is proof that it's a cash grab by greedy capitalist pigs. Dammit I wish PWI had never touched Cryptic.
    People that say 'cash grab' should never be allowed to play a game with the F2P model. F2P means free to play but we still have to pay our people, overhead and yes, show a profit or we will have to shut down. I wonder if they would rage at McDonalds if they found out they were selling their food for more than it cost them to produce?

I cant say I agree with this change but is just a game I play. If it is too much I will move on, no hissy fit or 'You are going to miss me when me and all of my friends leave!' post either.
  • Options
    dzaimsdzaims Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Former VIP, lvl 6, sounding off here. I was going to re-up VIP after Easter, but between this constant clusterforking with the economy and the slow-motion death penalty for Foundry, I just don't see it happening. Trade bar items are still things that brought in real $$ at some point, regardless of if they get used by the original purchaser or leveraged into AD.

I'm a casual player, and the RNG hates me, so the trade bar store was the only place I could reliably get wards from when I needed them.

Guess my cigar budget will get the boost instead.

Ancient Spirits officer

NW-DM9Pj62ZK 'Bear with Me'
    NW-DOPPZAYKQ 'Retirement Plans'
    NW-DKJMLS8OQ 'Sleepy in Cea Tull'

This discussion has been closed.