test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We are under attack!

Comments

• Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Same time every night we get server not responding, or we're under attack. Get your useless "widards" to sort it out once and for all or risk losing your entire player base.
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    I dont have luck in this CTA... XD
  • Options
    akneth#7126 akneth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Everyday are investigating... If you haven't figured it out by look for a new job cause you are daf
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User

Same time every night we get server not responding, or we're under attack. Get your useless "widards" to sort it out once and for all or risk losing your entire player base.

There are definitely no "All-Stars" or "Wizards in their field" working on this game.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    ridiculous

DDOS = Neverwinners Online
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    yokki1 said:

When you use a proxy server, your personal information is sent to that server or website, and the owner can capture all that information.
    In other words, any information that you put in, such as your e-mail address, passwords, banking details and credit card information may all be at risk of being stolen by the owner of whatever proxy server you are using. If you do not know who actually owns the proxy server, do not conduct transactions online through that server.

..... did you really have to comment like that? why not bother to check if that is an official proxy or not? takes like 2 secs to search for that info.
    All I was doing is warning people about the dangers of a proxy. But since you brought the topic back up to my attention...

I am NOT a proxy expert, but how does this even begin to fix any lag issues? It should cause greater lags. When I connect to Cryptic's main dragon server, my PC is routed through many different computers across the US. Why on Earth would I want to add yet another in the chain? So again, if anyone says to fix your lag do (fill in the blank), be sure to check you facts first.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    bwowmpbwowmp Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I won't read all 13 pages in this thread so I am sure I am repeating someone...please forgive me.

I've looked at this guy's Twitter feed and seen things along the lines of "ask me nicely and I will stop" or "if I get 10 pictures I will stop".

This is the mind of a child, and the actions of an attention HAMSTER. Deadly combination.

How to end it? Ignore him. When he attacks the servers, go do something else. Don't post on his Twitter, don't rage on the forums. Just read a book. Play another game. Go for a walk.

If there is no feedback, either positive of negative. This will end.

This is a sad soul, with a sad life and a very small world. If he stops getting the gratification provided to him by the attention of strangers in his friendless, empty world, he will move on to some other pathetic misadventure in order to bolster his fragile ego and soothe his inner child.
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2016

yokki1 said:

When you use a proxy server, your personal information is sent to that server or website, and the owner can capture all that information.
    In other words, any information that you put in, such as your e-mail address, passwords, banking details and credit card information may all be at risk of being stolen by the owner of whatever proxy server you are using. If you do not know who actually owns the proxy server, do not conduct transactions online through that server.

..... did you really have to comment like that? why not bother to check if that is an official proxy or not? takes like 2 secs to search for that info.
    All I was doing is warning people about the dangers of a proxy. But since you brought the topic back up to my attention...

I am NOT a proxy expert, but how does this even begin to fix any lag issues? It should cause greater lags. When I connect to Cryptic's main dragon server, my PC is routed through many different computers across the US. Why on Earth would I want to add yet another in the chain? So again, if anyone says to fix your lag do (fill in the blank), be sure to check you facts first.
    cause for people in EUROPE (hence the eu part of the proxy to make it easy to differentiate) it can be faster to connect to the official proxy instead of routing direct to us (where nw servers are). and yes back when i was still playing the game direct connection from europe to game servers was laggy , the eu1 proxy was more laggy than anything i ever seen , the eu2 was the only option where you had the minimum lag. cant test again since i dont play any more.
  • Options
    hexxxtriphexxxtrip Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    Is it happening again? Just had a snr and can't log back in. Restet my modem and tried a few other games and was able to connect to them but not to nw.
  • Options
    muratozkan17muratozkan17 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    stuck at launcher too
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    hexxxtrip said:

Is it happening again? Just had a snr and can't log back in. Restet my modem and tried a few other games and was able to connect to them but not to nw.

Yep. I was carrying a party through MC, going smooth as heck, and we got DDoS'd during the boss.
  • Options
    hexxxtriphexxxtrip Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    Darn. Oh well will try again in a few hours.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    OMG, if this is not fixed by the time I get back home, I will be sad panda :(((((
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    hydro777hydro777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    as follows this so I'll leave forever Every day we check the game because of problems with your nefarious server that will attack took a few days aguntando this i Enough are like in the guild i at the end you will win us out of the game a lot of mistakes many maintenance i no improvement every time you touch worse Tr classes daily shocking 200K HP 1 DAILY? Jajajj all tr esta hits only thing that happened that you will lose many players with these problems over people pay money through till i have if action is taken speaks many vezes game on youtube sub i have 340k at the end I will have to remove all the good I said about the thank you very much
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    I really would like to be frank, but i know my words would get moderated.

This is really ridiculous dear Cryptic. My Mom's home PC got better security. You need to spend on your games a bit, not just cash in.

My guild has suffered immensely, as i think all have due to Mod 6 disaster.

Then came the nightmare Mod 7, which pleased only huge guilds and ruined PVP with those insane boons.

Mod 8 continued with the crappy rings.

Not a single newbie can be caught for long in this game anymore and game would need fresh blood, cause the population has declined faster due to cheap management tricks, than a Leopard reaches top speed. I got a few new guys and some, who returned back to check up on guild. I am doing nothing since days, but trying to mask things, i do your job dear Cryptic. If i would tell a newbie face to face in the first moment, that this game is unplayable each day, he or she would flee on the spot, so i kinda lie in a good sense.

We are only here, cause we invested much in time/money/friends into this game and some of us are DnD addicts, but this can't go on forever.

By now everyone knows the truth, word spreads fast and the "we are investigating" doesn't fool anyone anymore.

Also i don't know the background of your so called "Wizards", but as i see it they must go back to the Wizards Tower for additional training or choose a different class.

Sorry for my rant, but this is really insane, day by day, at the time Mod 9 arrives, there won't be enough people left to call a guild a guild.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    hydro777 said:

as follows this so I'll leave forever Every day we check the game because of problems with your nefarious server that will attack took a few days aguntando this i Enough are like in the guild i at the end you will win us out of the game a lot of mistakes many maintenance i no improvement every time you touch worse Tr classes daily shocking 200K HP 1 DAILY? Jajajj all tr esta hits only thing that happened that you will lose many players with these problems over people pay money through till i have if action is taken speaks many vezes game on youtube sub i have 340k at the end I will have to remove all the good I said about the thank you very much

Errrrr...... what?!?!?
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

hydro777 said:

Errrrr...... what?!?!?
    betting google translate from brasilian (not the waxing technique).
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    metalldjt said:

it's kinda stupid to belive there is a kid behind all this, i belive it's a team of few people that are ddosing.
    Reason? problably the same as everyone would have, they are tired of NEVERWINTER and their poorly management...
    soon enough Strumslinger will move on to a different company...
    i am just tired of all these lies, at least NWGod speaks the truth...and he is very punctual with his ddos attacks, not to mention he responds to people on twitter, things that cryptic hardly do on their own forums.

He is a psychopath and all he says are nonsense and HAMSTER!!!
    He could just suggest what he wants or do a constructive critisism, but he choses to do DDOS attack cause he is sick in the head.!!!
    How will the attacks he do change anything on NW developers? Or help the NW community?
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    TBH, I dont think, that one person is the reason for all the problems they have with their servers.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    marhabumarhabu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    bwahahaha!! Bruce got loads of cash why would he put that suit on anyways! Let them kill each other and enjoy the show...
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    bruce make money on selling popcorns
  • Options
    l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

IM 100% sure if devs wouldn't be interested only for the money, without carring on what the custmers wish for, no one would Ddos them and they would have the support of alot of people,because of them runnin the game as they do, they surerly deserve the DDOS, not to mention that this is happenin cause they have poor security, be glad that with these attacks they aren't able to steal from the database, in other words it would be cryptic fault for not providing us safety.
    either way you look it it's cryptic fault, cryptic needs to figure out what they've done wrong or keep doing what is wrong but offer us a smooth game with no d/c.
    in rest its not our buisness to insult, say bad stuff to a guy that more or less is proving a point, and that point is already shown. But like i said, it's totally someth that they've done, and that is 100% related to how they DO NOY care about alot of things that are wrong since module 1.

I'm pretty sure you're confusing "they don't care about what customers want" with the actuality, which is "this is our game to make, not the customer's". I could consider a lot of the design decisions they have made in the past to be somewhat questionable, but it's not like my opinion counts for anything no matter how much i cry on the forums about it. It's not my game to make. I just play it.

You should try that. Play the game that you have, find some way to have fun with what is there... and if you aren't having fun, do something else. I hear that Fallout 4 is pretty good.
  • Options
    flamehellflamehell Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    they dont need some HAMSTER HAMSTER hat to ddos. icewind dale has already been rubberbanding like HAMSTER for ever. the ddos only goes to prove how pathetic crayptics server management is.