test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trade Bar Store Changes on Xbox One

Comments

• bluzeboy7bluzeboy7 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I was under the impression that we would get a response by this morning. Can someone important please inform us of when to expect that statement? or at least give us a little insight into what's going on? Because it's 12 pacific time right now :/

thx.
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    They gave us more lies when they said they would address this, and sent messages out saying they were close. that was almost 24 hrs ago... What a joke. its more stall tactics to see how the market takes with the removal of the items. i seriously think people should just walk away til this is addressed. by playing, they are adding to allowing to screw us more. the Execs need to stop thinking about the short term and think of the long term. cause right now they are running this game into the ground and this game will be dead on xbox before summer. you have seriously killed the game and name. I wonder.. Is Wizards of the Coast and Forgotten Realms in on this also, or did you leave that part out with them?
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2016

> @magenubbie said:

> First off, let me say that as a PC player, I sympathize with you lot. We've gone through several of these.. cryptic announcements over the last 3 years and we were no more happy about those than you guys are now. As such, I have no desire to defend Cryptic. This is quite possibly some of the WORST Customer Service I have ever witnessed.

>

>

>

> It's akin to going to a car dealership to buy a nice truck you saw advertised on tv, buying the truck, waiting for it to be delivered and then when it is you discover that the tires weren't included in your purchase...

>

>

>

> The fact that it is taking them THIS LONG to even consider rectifying the situation is beyond insulting

>

>

>

> I will not be spending another dime on this game until what was promised is DELIVERED

>

>

>

> Well.. not exactly. You're out of context. To modify your analogy correctly: It's akin to going to a car dealership to buy a nice truck you saw advertised on tv driving on a long and beautiful stretch of road filmed in Italy, buying the truck, waiting for it to be delivered and then when it is you discover that the ticket to Italy was not included in the price.

>

> Let's look objectively at what happened:

> 1. Cryptic -unintentionally- let you believe you'd get the same trade bar shop as we have.

> 2. The matter was somewhat corrected in the blog, but in a very sloppy way. There's no excuse for that. Andy should have read the post and confirm with the management that this was indeed what the change would be about. Then it should have received the proper attention and people should have been alerted of this change. Again, this is on Cryptic. They've done this before, and it will most likely happen again in the future. Proofreading isn't one of their strong points.

> 3. And here's the rub. It's quite simple to just adhere to the old promise and give you what was promised. But this has economical consequences that were simply not foreseen. So they have to decide what countermeasures will have to be taken to bring the economy back into balance. And I can assure you that you won't like any of them.

>

> Hopefully you'll see the dilemma: Either give you what was promised, or be forced to implement certain other -possibly drastic- changes along with this to balance the game. For once, I don't blame them for requiring time to decide which one of the 2 evils is the lesser one.

> That said, I do expect they will eventually decide to keep their promises and will implement other economic changes to compensate for it. It's the only sensible course of action.

Not even close in your analogy. The first analogy is correct and it was very intentional. How do we know....first the blog showing the same store, second there was a definitive state by the CM that the wards would not leave the Tbar store (so forgetting the price change part they should still be there at the original price), third they pushed a big sale on lockbox keys for players to get more and more tradebars. Then after that sale they waited a few days and very quietly put in a very small caveat on the original blog, and of course got caught. Add to it that they took away the weekend event of the double ad so people could earn back more ad to convert to Zen for wards and then.....low and behold the price for Zen (from real dollar purchases) is discounted. If you don't think that it was very intentional then you have no sense of their previous business model and mistakes or you are actually an employee that jumps in and on the surface looks like you are not but then says things that almost make it sound like a mistake.

It was not mistake, it was a very purposeful and well planned out endeavor.

agreed. this was intentional. every step of the way. it was stated the keys were to prep up for the trade bar changes. the coal wards were never in any doubt of not being there. IMO the worst case scenario should have been the coal wards were still there but price unchanged. I am also agreed teh first analogy was correct the second made no sense for this situation whatsoever. Something was advertised and it was not delivered. People spent money in anticipation of that advertisement and then they backpedaled. The second analogy has a ridiculous factor. no one expects plane tickets to italy or where ever a commercial is shot. But when you say upcoming changes to the store will be... you expect those changes. personally, knowing cryptic I had doubts as to whether we'd see some of the new things that we'd not gotten on this platform yet but I had no doubt they'd keep the things we already had like coal wards or be very very clear they would be taken out of the store.

Just like the 2x that were on the schedule were there for weeks and then the day before disappear. People make plans around that. it's bad business. dishonest at best.
  • bananacustardbananacustard Member Posts: 28 Arc User

Just like the 2x that were on the schedule were there for weeks and then the day before disappear. People make plans around that. it's bad business. dishonest at best.

I had bags full of salvage ready for this weekend and they didn't even have the decency to answer me whether the double AD would still be on when I asked several times over twitter. Logged off for now as I CBA to try and juggle bits to make space in bags.

Judging by the Community Manager's last tweet though, I guess I'm free to watch the storm of crud that's going to be thrown around the forums in a bit.

Awesome.
  • lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User

Judging by the Community Manager's last tweet though, I guess I'm free to watch the storm of crud that's going to be thrown around the forums in a bit.

Awesome.

Oh? Info please.
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • dragix90dragix90 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Saw this on twitter.

http://imgur.com/c7fOL2F
    edited February 2016
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • boondoc0boondoc0 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    sounds like we're in for a bad time
  • bananacustardbananacustard Member Posts: 28 Arc User

Ahhh. Pretty easy to read into that one.
    Yeah. I'm guessing the announcement will be out soon.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Well this is pretty much evolving as anticipated
    One of my guildies went into well of Dragons today out of four instances he was the only player
    I logged in in the forlorn hope they might have recanted and put them back enclave was like a ghost town the only thing missing was tumbleweed picked up my key and logged back out

Noted the key and zen sale and giggled for ten minutes after logging out
    We are witnessing some gaming history here guys
    Implosion doesn't even cover it
  • zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Alternate interpretation is that Andy is being thrown under the bus.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I am not sure what all the moving parts are, maybe they are seeing how well the zen/key sale bolsters sales before they decide if we can have wards for bars. To me it seems irrelevant, the wards cost way more in keys/lockboxes to buy wards than the $10 in zen from the zen market. At least Andy loves us
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
    zak3056 said:

Alternate interpretation is that Andy is being thrown under the bus.

Shame if that happens, since obviously its not his fault that other management didn't review/sign off on his post.

• wizardsleeves69wizardsleeves69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    Seeing the current issues facing Xbox users right now, namely the removal of both types of wards as well as blood rubies from their trade bar store, is this something that is coming to PC as well? Should I be spending my trade bars on coal wards and hoarding them for a future 2x RP weekend when they'll fetch a premium if these changes also come to PC or should I use them for my own upgrades this weekend?

I'd like to say I can trust an official response but the Xbox players were told they were getting coal wards at the same prices we have now on PC, then a big sale on enchanted keys came for them, and then Cryptic decided to remove wards and rubies from the trade bar store completely instead of lowering their prices as promised. So I'm not asking the mods and employees what they are supposed to tell us, I'd like to know what other players think.

This whole Xbox situation makes me fear they are planning something similar for us on PC soon. If we see a big sale on enchanted keys coming should we start hoarding coal wards just in case, or should we already be starting now?
    A decapitated fighter always quits while he's a head.
  • codenie#3846 codenie Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Is Neverwinter a ghost town now? :)
  • boondoc0boondoc0 Member Posts: 19 Arc User

At least Andy loves us

that plus 8 coal wards, 5gmops, 7smops, and 2.4 million rp with get me that trans negation i've been waiting on.
  • googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User

Is Neverwinter a ghost town now? :)

Pretty much, they're all at the beach farming for motes.
  • timburgerstimburgers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The thing I'm most upset about is the removal of the 2x ad event. Trade bars are just another currency to mask how much you are actually paying for things in real money. They were always a bonus in my mind and nothing I was ever trying to obtain but have as the result of vip keys. I understand if it were a goal to get as many bars as possible I would be pissed about this but I always seem to have at least one c ward on hand from opening artifact boxes I get from daily celestial coins. This Coal-gate thing should really take the back burner. I estimate from all the loot runs I was doing instead of sleeping this last two weeks I would have over 2mil of ad salvaged by Saturday. Now I just have to sit on it or just take a 50% hit. I am in no way a f2p gamer but I was really counting on this to boost my ad and zen numbers. I do enjoy the game but do not enjoy being lied to. It seems we need to focus on the more immediate and all around hit we are all taking with the canceled event.

Think on this, a c ward if you really need it is $8 on the zen market. Or in an alternate reality if they had put them on the tb store, 75 tbs. unless you get a jackpot you are going to have to open 15 lock boxes to amass 75 tbs. Buying 15 keys is around $16. Now lock boxes have the tendency to reveal nothing but <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you can maybe throw on an artifact for rp. So now you just paid twice as much for the c ward and a play at the lottery. Just wait for a c ward if you need one or if you're impatient buy one for $8(or $10, idk). Whose idea was it to farm trade bars in the first place? That's a gamblers financial plan if I ever heard one. What I have read here sounds like a lot of buyers remorse.

TL;DR - The real rally cry here should be "BRING BACK THE 2X AD EVENT".
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    If Andy is held responsible for this is a pure example of 'scape goat'. The community manager doesn't have responsibility for rolling out these insane decisions, he's just the front man who's job it is to communicate with us.

Obviously that could've been handled better but the responsibility lies with the person who chose to remove coal wards etc from the tb vendor.

That is the person who should be thrown under the proverbial bus.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I cashed out all the T-bar to C-ward last night (just in case, the patch today surprises me).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I would not be at all surprised. Removing stuff from the game is so easy for Cryptic.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited February 2016

P.S.

They all knew and didn't say anything.

Actually, on the Reddit thread a Dev wrote these words:
    "First and foremost I want everyone to understand that Strum wasn't intentionally misleading or trying to perpetuate a bait and switch. All frustration and confusion regarding the TB store is on us, the devs. Please remember that he's the messenger and can only relay what he knows."

I've decided not to spend any money until this is sorted, that's unacceptable.

Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Soon.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    1:30 West Coast time on a Thursday.

At this point, I doubt we hear anything today.

IMO, nothing is going to be said until right before they head out for the weekend tomorrow evening, somewhere around 7:00-8:00 pm West Coast time on a Friday night, of a Hallmark holiday weekend.... so 9:00-10:00 East Coast time.

Hope being the XBox population misses the initial announcement, has 2-3 days of weekend fun, out and about w/ the S/O for V-Day, etc & so on.... a "news dump" if you will.... hopefully lessening the reaction of the furious player base.

The whole situation is a joke.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I think i read something about it, it said the xbox economy is different and it didn't need the coal at store. Let me see if i can find it!!!
  • mrwupazzmrwupazz Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    That's the nice part about this game I can still play with my friends and not spend a dime more....their loss not mine
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    They're waiting to see if this sale works. If it does, no wards or rubies for you
  • wizardsleeves69wizardsleeves69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    solbergx said:

I think i read something about it, it said the xbox economy is different and it didn't need the coal at store. Let me see if i can find it!!!

I saw that too but it seemed like that whole statement was just trying to be damage control.
    A decapitated fighter always quits while he's a head.
  • No word today? Anything?
  • Hippopotamus
This discussion has been closed.