test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like the Lostmauth's Set being adjusted?

Comments

• Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    No
    Improve the other sets.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes

So an adjustment to a game mechanic, the eLoL Set Bonus, will be left up to a 'popular vote on the Forums' from the players who frequent the Forums (which is a small percentage of the players themselves)...

Honestly, I can barely believe it and I am stunned.

That being said, I voted 'Yes' because it is obviously broken. No one argues that, and if you do you need a reality check! :)

IF it's not fixed, then other artifact sets MUST be looked into to balance things out...

It's simple logic, someone start using it please.

+1 i was suprised when the dev said that we have to see how it will affect the game !!!!
    seriously ?
  • Options
    lynnerialynneria Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    No
    So I need a high post count for my concern to be valid? Gameplay decisions that affect a large portion of the playerbase should not be made in a forum poll.
    Balance isn't simply nerfing one set. It requires careful consideration of the effects on each class. Also what works in PvE may be bad in PvP, etc. Personally, I would like to see new sets with new options. Variety given so people don't have to use 1 set or 1 path for their class. But Cryptic's track record doesn't leave me hopeful.

Fyi my main is a Protection Paladin who doesn't use Lostmauth and my alt a HR who wouldn't lose much if it was changed.
  • Options
    btbsaul40btbsaul40 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    No
    if you get this set nerfed, it's not going to be a sensible nerf. it's going to get flattened. I'm still mad about the storm spell nerf. i'm still mad about the dragon's hoard nerf. hell, i'm still mad about coal wards from invocation being nerfed to powerball status--and bound nonetheless. I play cw and gwf. I've spent hundreds of hours in elol. this will be the last &^%$ing straw for me. believe that.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I do want to mention that the poll is something that we were curious about. It doesn't mean we're going to be making a decision based solely off a poll.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Yes
    @strumslinger

Ok, thanks for that clarification! :)

That being said, if NOTHING is done to the eLoL Set, something SHOULD be done to buff the other sets to be at least somewhat competitive w/the eLoL Set.

I'd be fine w/either:

1. Bring eLoL Set performance into balance with the current performance of other Sets.
    2. Bring other Sets into balance with the current eLoL Set.

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    @strumslinger

You also shouldn't take *this poll* too serious because there is absolutly no information given how an adjustment would look like.

You also do not reach the whole playerbase with a simple forum poll. The intention of this poll is just to get a very *simple* look on people's opinions.

IMHO: If you want a *somewhat* respresentative poll you should make it public on your website and announce it via the launcher or ingame admin messages. You should also give the players an idea about the adjustment you intent to implement.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    lynnerialynneria Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    No
    Thank you for the clarification @strumslinger.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    well, I wouldnt mind a tone down, but I think CW damage should be adjusted immediately if its toned down.. in terms of class balance that would be my biggest concern.

Removal of set makes them un competitive in terms of hr trapper damage, where that is a class hybrid as well. They frankly should already BUF mof path.. and re balance spellstorm on thaum and rene lines to be a little bit better. It doesnt need to be top end.. but a loss of 30%+ dps on this class will show just how bad this class is atm.

I have big hopes that something or another will get back to balance to sell on the AH for mod 9.. if that is the case, a tone down is ok with me..

I have a hard time voting right now.. in consideration, this is the only thing we can farm.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Yes

I do want to mention that the poll is something that we were curious about. It doesn't mean we're going to be making a decision based solely off a poll.

If that set gets nerfed you need to adjust damage for other classes at the same time. Like CW damage will need a boost.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    No
    Here comes another nerf. All eq will be worthless again. Just watch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    If it's solely a "Nerf", than my vote is no.
    You have to make other adjustments to classes at the same time, escpesially for CW, who, without losmauth will be outdpsed by everyone. And GWF, who have very low base damage, but too high selfbuffed damage - the gap between the 2 endpoints should be closer.

I would simply put a 1-2 sec cooldown to it, so 100% crit classes would not benefit more than the others. It would solve the high procrate with powers like Weapon Master's Strike.

Or, remove selfbuff effectiveness from it.

But plz, do not overnerf it.
    Without lostmauth added damage, casual players in some situations (like epic demo, tiamat) would have no chance to compete.
    Also, this is like the only thing, that is still drops as a loot, and have some value. Put some other BOE equipment in dungeons, that can be farmed.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes

metalldjt said:

Yes, its overpowered, but I am voting no, because I know what nerfing it would do to the game. Yes, its for selfish reasons, but I don't want to go through 3/4 mods of my CW not been viable as currently the only thing that keeps it competitive in the games meta atm is the fact that on the CW, the elol set is OP. If the elol set was not OP, the CW would do less damage then dps specced dc's and gf's and as we already know that rebalancing classes takes 3/4 mods, I am not willing to have my CW dead for that long.

the next step to bring balance it would've been put all classes in line with their critical severity, this way you wont have gwf with 90% crit severity and the others capped at 75%. gotcha?
    For the most part, the way classes are balanced in PVE atm is the best they have ever been balanced (with outliers like the OP ofc). They would not be with the nerf of the elol set. Is the set OP? yes. Here is a better question though, does it matter? not really. Classes are balanced as it is, with the set existing in its current form, the thing is though, as it effects different classes differently, nerfing it would upset class balance, they would no longer be balanced. How long does it take for class balancing to take place? 3/4 mods. As the devs have said, its not something they want to do quickly as they don't want to make mistakes.

To put this in a different perspective, what if strum did a poll on whether or not to nerf gwf's instead of the elol set? How would you vote there, you would vote no, because it would upset class balance and it would take 3/4 mods to correct anything that potentially goes wrong.

I would rather the devs pretended that every dps class was using the elol set and balanced around that, then it got nerfed, as sad as that sounds.
    Sorry, but it sounds not like you :) You are protecting broken stuff now, no?

Let's avoid the profanity even in acronyms. - Ambisinisterr
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    No
    The set is not OP for my TR. My CW does fine without it.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    Sure I voted no, It took a lot of time and effort getting all three items and maxing them.

Do you want to change it, I have no problem with that either, but then I would ask for an NPC or way to exchange the pieces to another ones with same state (refinement level + reinforcements).

If the problem is with it in PVP, it could be added a cooldown when you are in PVP, so we PVE people are not affected again because of your PVP problems.

• Options
    lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    No
    It's part of the actual meta, no change needed.
    It's BiS, cheap and accessible.
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Yes
    At the end of the day, getting AT LEAST 10% damage boost just from the set bonus is a bit much, especially after the devs straight up said they didn't want set bonuses to be too strong. (Also the devs seem to have forgotten the whole Deep Gash thing....)
    But the changes should be part of a larger balancing effort that includes buffs to other sets.
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes ... adjust it. It was adjusted on the HR, it should work the same on all classes ... do the damage it says without being modified to unbalanced amounts by stacks of this or that.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    No
    One idea could be to add a damage cap to it so it can't be totally abused by damage buffs.
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    No
    Make the other sets like Black Ice Set competitive.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    most ppl voting for a fix own this set and know exactly how broken it is
    this vote is some kind of measurement for the level of hypocricy in this game (representing forum user)
    so let´s create some more accounts in this silly forum to get things fixed.....
    we never get balancing with buggy things like that ingame
  • Options
    bloodr41nbloodr41n Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    I voted no, because I've tried other sets on my OP and they are far far less powerful.

Please DONT nerf the lol-set, instead BUFF the other sets to make them more viable/competitive!
  • Options
    lmk2lmk2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Yes
    Some modules ago, set bonuses were removed from the game because they were too powerful and everybody would wear the same things. Later the developers added themed sets that would just add "small" bonuses for being complete as an incentive.

Tripping another time on the same stone is terribly messed.

A hint to the developers: raising level cap to 80 and removing the Lair of Lostmauth dungeon will not solve this problem.
  • Options
    qb3rt2014qb3rt2014 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    No

I play all 8 classes. The lostmouth set does not need to be nerfed. In my opinion it should be the choice for TR or GWF wanting DPS. What does need to happen is that all other classes need a set to make them viable. So all of the other sets need to be buffed. Valindra set, Lathander, Tiamat, Imperial etc.

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    No
    Don't nerf it, buff the other sets or introduce new ones. Stop dropping the set, make it a legacy item and move forward.
  • Options
    sherifftrumansherifftruman Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Yes
    I'd like to see the other sets with offensive bonuses have stronger effects. The Black Ice and Imperial sets should have better buffs. They don't need to provide top dps compared to Lostmauth, but they shouldn't be so pathetically behind.
    Guild Officer of Greycloaks

Kaelyx - TR: Whisperknife
    Kae'lyxstra - OP: Protection
    Kae-lyxa - DC: Divine Oracle
    Kael Blazebeard - GWF: Iron Vanguard
  • Options
    nickdylannickdylan Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    No
    No way. Getting that horn is not easy, and it's one of the only reasonable ways low IL toons can get ready for higher level content. Make the other sets not suck (and in the meantime fix all the worthless campaign items, and add actual dungeon loot so people have a reason to run them again). Don't nerf Lostmauth.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    No
    lostmauth set has been in place for nearly a year. No reason to nerf it at this point since everyone has built around it. The trick should be to make other sets viable. Look at imperial and compare to lostmauth and not even on paper does imperial hold up.

Lostmauth had to have been designed with the old stat curve in mind. Specifically that DR on crit was at around 32% and yes that was a total oversight by the design team.

I say let it lie until the next lvl cap increase, we are to far into the lvl 70 era to change it now.