test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invitation to Casual Gamers

randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
Hello, friend.
Here is the thread to give quick overview of Casual Gamers guild to help you decide if that would fit you.
I'll also post here whenever there are some updates to the guild's vision or organization.

Casual Gamers is a guild for all casual players who at least partially play within a specific time frame: on weekdays between 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM PST (server time). There are no character level, item level, or other requirements at this time. Our activities are focusing on leveling through PvE campaigns and dungeons, as well as making progress in Stronghold development. We do not intend to be an elitist, pay-to-win, all-BiS community like some of the more competitive guilds do. We are "no pressure", perhaps somewhat "introversive" society.

You are invited to read more about us in this Xbox Guild Spotlight : Casual Gamers as well as below in this forum thread.

We are also in process of extending our presence in social media, so you can access us on Facebook, Twitter and our new site:
This forum thread: http://tinyurl.com/casualgamers-forum
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/casualgamers-fb
Twitter: http://tinyurl.com/casualgamers-twit
Weebly site: http://tinyurl.com/casualgamers-site

To join Casual Gamers - please leave a message here in this thread with your character@gamertag name.
You can also send a forum message to @thefiresidecat or @zephyriah or @telprydain with the request or additional questions.
Finally you can use Find Guild dialog in the game to find us and ask one of the players for invite.
Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
Post edited by randomdigits#2166 on

Comments

• captainobv#9448 captainobv Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    New to NW. I am a level 27 SW. I am not much use now, but I will be soon. I would love an opportunity.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    I was off in my own little corner browsing enchantments in the auction house before getting off last night and when I exited out I was met with a guild invite to Casual Gamers, which was a pleasant surprise actually because about an hour or so prior I was reading your post about your new guild. I did a quick sweep in close proximity to the area the initial point of contact took place in hoping to find the person that sent the invite to me to see if it was indeed you but I ultimately couldn't find them, GT Ana something. If it wasn't you then your guild are indeed actively recruiting for you.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Guild Bank
    To clarify the state of the guild bank to the new players:
    One bank slot was unlocked for now in our guild bank (it's an expensive operation, cost is increased in 150K AD increments for each subsequent slot). The access permission has been temporarily set to "Deposit only", this restriction will probably be lifted in a few weeks - around mid-November.

The reason for this restriction is due to the infamous guild bank exploit where one person can invite a new player infinitely many times thus allowing that new player to work around the pre-defined withdrawal limits. Once the guild member count is high enough we would remove the ability for Recruits to invite new players while also allowing them to make limited withdrawals from the bank.

For now you may consider depositing some of the less valuable loot you could donate for the guild needs. These items will be used in a transparent though somewhat autocratic way strictly for the benefits of the all guild members.

Some items to consider donating:
    1) skill kits
    2) identification scrolls
    3) healing potions and injury kits
    4) cheep Azure enchants (e.g. rank 5) for leveling
    5) cheap enchantment stones you have no use for
    6) any unwanted cheap event items (dye packs, potions, etc.)
  • ghostfury083ghostfury083 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm new to Neverwinter. I have a level 34 Trickster Rogue, would like an opportunity to join your Guild. Gamertag Ghostfury083
  • kc7777777kc7777777 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I would love to join. I will be on tonight later on for sure. My xbox name is GunslingerK and I have a GWF 70 at 2400 and other alts I work on here and there. Just send me a message on xbox live and who to contact.
    Update: I've sent in-game mail to all who left gamer tag in this thread or in a pm on my wall, once you are online - reply in-game and we'll try to meet in Moonstone Mask Tavern so I can invite you.
  • captainobv#9448 captainobv Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I sent you a message and added you as a friend on the console. I, however, didn't put my GT on your wall or in this thread.

RoseCurve896346 Level 32 SW Hellbringer now.
    Roland Deschain in-game.
  • mitchrapppcpmitchrapppcp Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I am looking for a mature casual guild to join. I am usually on at various times. I am in eastern time zone. I have a couple lvl 70 charters between 2.4 - 2.6.
  • mitchrapppcpmitchrapppcp Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    My gamertag is Mitch Rapp PCP
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    Sounds like a chromulant guild plan feel free to send me an invite. Main toon is Tiberius Rex second toon is slartbartifast. Gt is hypnatoad. I am on during the day and after midnight Pacific time
  • dar7hprince#7422 dar7hprince Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Would love to join. I have a GWF at lvl 20 and working on a hunter ranger aswell. Gt is Dar7hprince
  • humperdink#4584 humperdink Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I would love to join as well. A casual, supportive group is what I'm looking for. I mostly run solo, but I'd be glad to team up at predetermined times. My chars are "Humperdink" and "Persephone". Hump is a level 58 TR, and Persephone is a new level 8 SW I started working on.
  • tigion#4357 tigion Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    im Interested to game tag is tigion74 my char is Tigion lvl 37 paladin
    Post edited by tigion#4357 on
  • redneckpapadredneckpapad Member Posts: 1 New User
    I would be very interested in joining your guild. I have 2 characters, A level 68 TR (Katy Silverwolf) and a level 62 CW (Drake Silverleaf).
    I've finally successfully invited a couple of people from forum.
    The new UI allows me to invite people remotely as long as I know your character@gamertag name.
    Please, leave messages on my wall or here in this thread and I'll try to send invites to everyone, we still have 50 slots available.

Looks like the Mod 7 is now playable and everyone can start running daily quests there. Yay! :smile:
    Some of the quests would send you to run dailies in level 70 campaign zones, so if you are going through campaigns it makes sense to visit Stronghold first thing in the day. Same thing if you are running epic dungeons daily.
    You can safely ignore daily tasks which give you Minor labor vouchers as I happen to purchase 30+ green/blue profession workers for donation and they should take care of labor resource for quite some time.
    For the quest which requires killing enemies look for spiders/imps near the Lumberyard. You can also "tend" to Lumberyard to help it produce lumber faster (that's totally optional).

• caeudyscaeudys Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hello, i'm actually working with some friends to start our guild. As a casual gamer yourself do you have any tips or advise for starting and recruiting. Gamer tag sax 02150, main mallack sw, secondary ol gimly gfw. Thanks
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I've finally successfully invited a couple of people from forum.
    The new UI allows me to invite people remotely as long as I know your character@gamertag name.
    Please, leave messages on my wall or here in this thread and I'll try to send invites to everyone, we still have 50 slots available.

Luna Sea Westwind@Zephyr1010
    Level 70 DPS Cleric
  • darascondarascon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Filthy casual LV 69 (snicker) MoF CW slowly ambling to 70 (770k exp? seriously?). Usually play evenings (roughly 7-11 PM EST) & weekends when not doing Destiny things. Teraptus@dacoto if interested.
    edited November 2015
    Looks like our first priorities in the Stronghold are going to be:
    1) Gems
    2) Dragon fangs

For Gems I suggest farming or buying the cheapest rank 3 enchantments/runestones which give the best value (5 points for 40-60AD), also see rank 7 enchantments which are at ~2000 Ad currently.

For dragons we need to figure out their typical schedule (seems like it maybe hourly) and chose which dragon is easiest to fight. Our "tests of power" show that it takes about a dozen of average level 70s to take down a dragon within 10 minutes limit.

P.S. You could see the donation values in this WIKI page:
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Coffer
    caeudys said:

Hello, i'm actually working with some friends to start our guild. As a casual gamer yourself do you have any tips or advise for starting and recruiting. Gamer tag sax 02150, main mallack sw, secondary ol gimly gfw. Thanks

Sorry that did not work (neither mallack@sax 02150 nor mallack@sax02150), could you please double check the spelling? This needs to be accurate for the guild invitation to get sent.
    You are welcome to join us if you plan to contribute, secondary toons are OK if they are going to contribute as well, otherwise please do understand that (for now) we need to brings as many active players together in the Stronghold to be successful.

edited November 2015
    darascon said:

Filthy casual LV 69 (snicker) MoF CW slowly ambling to 70 (770k exp? seriously?). Usually play evenings (roughly 7-11 PM EST) & weekends when not doing Destiny things. Teraptus@dacoto if interested.

Hello daracson, we need more players, and yet I'd suggest to look for another guild since your playing times are 4-7 PM PST which is outside of the time range of 10PM - 2 AM PST we are focusing on. Remember, a lot of Stronghold content requires team work...

Looks like our first priorities in the Stronghold are going to be:
    1) Gems
    2) Dragon fangs

For Gems I suggest farming or buying the cheapest rank 3 enchantments/runestones which give the best value (5 points for 40-60AD), also see rank 7 enchantments which are at ~2000 Ad currently.

For dragons we need to figure out their typical schedule (seems like it maybe hourly) and chose which dragon is easiest to fight. Our "tests of power" show that it takes about a dozen of average level 70s to take down a dragon within 10 minutes limit.

P.S. You could see the donation values in this WIKI page:
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Coffer

the dragons are every two hours. you have to open it via the travelling wizard. I'm looking at the calendar right now. the wizard shows up at 1:30 am to 1:35 am and again at 330 am 335 am. you can also purchase a bell that summons the wizard any time. not sure if that means you can try more often or if it's still every two hours.

for those that have finished campaigns it's probably safe to empty your pockets from that campaign that is finished. I did that with dread ring stuff on my main char. Trying to figure out if i'm really ever going to get everything I need to get the last two boons on tyranny or not. my alt is still working on the campaigns (although at the same stuck point with tyranny, those last boons are compelling but expensive or super grindy)
    edited November 2015
    With regard to ToD don't forget you can also get some missing Linu favors by making treasure chests (7.5 days per favor).
    I'm keeping ToD and DreadRing stuff for now. Also for gear donation it seems to be cheapest to donate daily dungeon drops or buy some Black Ice belts.
    Enchantments are is the most difficult part imho. At market prices 27,000 points of Gems costs ~540K AD

P.S. We now have 120 guild members. By my last estimate 32 members already started contributing towards the Stronghold coffer (thanks!)
    edited November 2015
    eh if everyone donates the extra enchantments they get from heroics or at least a portion of it it should still go by in no time. it's a lot for any one person but if everyone is chipping in it shouldn't be a biggie. Maybe not overnight but that's not the expectation (at least as far as I can see)
  • caeudyscaeudys Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for the offer, but I generally don't play during your peak times. Maybe only on weekends.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

With regard to ToD don't forget you can also get some missing Linu favors by making treasure chests (7.5 days per favor).
    I'm keeping ToD and DreadRing stuff for now. Also for gear donation it seems to be cheapest to donate daily dungeon drops or buy some Black Ice belts.
    Enchantments are is the most difficult part imho. At market prices 27,000 points of Gems costs ~540K AD

P.S. We now have 120 guild members. By my last estimate 32 members already started contributing towards the Stronghold coffer (thanks!)

Another idea for gear donation. I intend to donate all "failed" crafting items. If it isn't tier 3, it will be donated.

• iceviper220iceviper220 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    hello i saw this post are you still looking for ppl? and how many in guild... the last guild i was in i was forced to pay a 12 gold each week.. so been on my own for awhile. i do not have a mic as mine broke.. but i have a lvl 47 gwf and a lvl 43 op my main is the op.

let me know

Mister Rogers-lvl 43 op
    Randy Marsh-lvl 47 gwf

GT:PhychoticDrEamz
    Characters~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    IGN:Ryuke-GWF-lvl 43
    We've tried a dragon fight yesterday with 6 or 7 of us fighting the red dragon in Stronghold. Alas, looks like majority of us were not yet ready to take on dragons :smile: The result was quite showing - the same miserable 15% of dragon health down - small improvement from our earlier attempt with 3 players where we made killed 10% of dragon HP.

Which made me wonder what are we doing wrong. So here is what I've found:
    https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1203340/unrepentant-guide-to-dragon-speed-dating/p1

So, overall, we need to be stronger, come prepared, have a right mixture of classes and kill dragon empowers when they show up.

I plan to continue with recruiting and refining our guild ranks (we have 122 players as of now, but only about a half of them actually seem to come online less or more regularly). We could stay casual but we need players who play every day, not just weekends. :disappointed:
  • humperdink#4584 humperdink Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'd love to join the guild and help out.

Humperdink@TheRealPatrick (Level 68 TR)
    Persephone@TheRealPatrick (Level 18 SW)
This discussion has been closed.