test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invitation to Casual Gamers

Comments

• spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I think all guild contributions are listed in the log, as well as leveling up. That could be a good source for tacking activity, maybe?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I'd be willing to help with the administration stuff. I have done this kind of thing before. the last clan I was in had 5 or 6 admins (can't remember exactly) to try and keep inactives under control we split up the players among us. we each watched out for our "team" to see if they were active or not. we sent out letters to each of them asking about activities that interested them and what they'd like to see with the clan going forward. more pvp or more raid activities. I think we also were asking about what time the players were generally on. with a statement that some reply was necessary. those that didn't reply were culled and those that did helped us organize activities to make us a stronger group.

(I think demotions are always a bad idea unless the person has done something really really bad. people take that sort of thing personally. lol)
  • ultimatebladerv1ultimatebladerv1 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I try to be very active. I try to jump in guild dragon flights (though, like this morning, I can't be in all of them). If I'm demoted, I probably deserve it.
    I think you're probably ok if you don't show up to every dragonflight :) we have almost 150 and the most I've seen online for a dragon flight is like 15 or 16. so that means A LOT of people aren't there. I know I can't make it every time either. 11:30 is kind of prime socialize with the hubby time. I start getting the lectures about gaming addiction and what not lol. I'm worried about you! my hours also tend to oscillate wildly. I'm a nightowl by nature and very quickly fall into a up all night pattern. but then I try to correct that and end up all around the clock as a result. LOL. when my hours are in the "i'm trying to correct them phase" I'll probably be around to help with the European dragonflights. I had chores to do yesterday so wasn't really on for long at noon (that's their prime time) but next time.
  • nwbeast#4980 nwbeast Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    The only thing I see as being a problem would be the checking to see if they are online. For some reason I hardly ever show up on the roster even when I am on. I always check to make sure I am "online" via xbox live, and I always am. But for some reason the game does not realize that sometimes.

The other things sound easy enough to manage.
    the reason people don't show up is privacy settings. if you have unchecked let people see if I am online you don't even show up in the guild roster.
    Well, if I have never been to privacy settings would the default be to not be seen? Never felt the need to change any of those settings or hide from anyone lol.
    edited December 2015
    for the next few days I'll be doing nothing but farming. if you see me in IWD I'll be at a farm instance or looking for one. if you want in send me an invite. goals are to get everything purple at least (done on HR far from it on DC and almost there on CW) but it's going to take gems. I want my first two oranges on my cw and hr.. that's probably not happening until the next RP event in late dec early jan whenever it is. I'm within 15 levels but that may as well be a billion. I guess I need feeder artifacts? I'm not entirely sure on how that works. I know my waters are what got them almost there but I'm not sure I understand how it multiplies vs what I had already fed into them to get them legendary in the first place?
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User

I think all guild contributions are listed in the log, as well as leveling up. That could be a good source for tacking activity, maybe?

One would have thought so, but my experience was that coffer log history is limited to just a few days. :disappointed: So unless I keep track of it manually (which I've already got tired of doing after just a couple of days) there is not much to look at there.

I want my first two oranges on my cw and hr.. that's probably not happening until the next RP event in late dec early jan whenever it is. I'm within 15 levels but that may as well be a billion. I guess I need feeder artifacts? I'm not entirely sure on how that works.

It's pretty simple if you start with new artifact, gets a bit trickier if you got them "half done". I followed this guide for my sigil of devoted, which has now all the exp to go to mythic. As it turns out getting enough RP is only half of the problem, getting money for GMOPs is an equally hard one.

I've got a terror enchant yesterday for dragon fights but next on my list is just getting enough money to buy VIP on my 3 alts and just make money from daily key and tarmalune trade bars. I may even buy another alt or two for the return on investment is quite nice and amount of work is very little. As someone already said VIP is the new leadership.

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
    edited December 2015
    yeah I just looked at the cost of the gmops and feeder artifacts (the artifacts I have are at like lvl 89.. I can't afford it right now anyway. LOL. ah well. next time. no hurry. once it's done what's the reason to play anymore right?

Far as Alts. Absolutely true. what level do you have for VIP right now? during the half off sale I went to lvl 10. seemed like diminishing returns after that. the mailbox and the travelling signpost make it all worthwhile even if nothing else was included imo. (of course the keys are true of that too) another nice daily 15 k is the yeti treat. it's not guaranteed to drop but when it does!

Terror is good for dragons huh? I'll look and see if I have any shards for that. I have a ton of shards of enchantment that I'll refine one of these days but i don't know which ones are good adn which are bad other than the obvious like Soul, negation, and vorpal. I have a bronzewood on my HR. they say it's kind of the hidden gem of this mod. it's really cheap.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/518759/bronzewood-enchantment-bis-for-protector-tanky-builds

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

One would have thought so, but my experience was that coffer log history is limited to just a few days. :disappointed: So unless I keep track of it manually (which I've already got tired of doing after just a couple of days) there is not much to look at there.

I want my first two oranges on my cw and hr.. that's probably not happening until the next RP event in late dec early jan whenever it is. I'm within 15 levels but that may as well be a billion. I guess I need feeder artifacts? I'm not entirely sure on how that works.

I've got a terror enchant yesterday for dragon fights but next on my list is just getting enough money to buy VIP on my 3 alts and just make money from daily key and tarmalune trade bars. I may even buy another alt or two for the return on investment is quite nice and amount of work is very little. As someone already said VIP is the new leadership.

VIP is account wide with only one key per account. You would need more than one account, not alts. Managing multiple characters over a certain number can be a pain, managing multiple accounts can drive you nuts.

zephyriah said:

VIP is account wide with only one key per account. You would need more than one account, not alts. Managing multiple characters over a certain number can be a pain, managing multiple accounts can drive you nuts.

Interesting. So it sounds like the high profitability of VIP is no coincidence but rather a by design feature. Kind of investment stock with a high dividend.
    @randomdigits#2166 Investment stock? LoL. Sounds like work. Thought we're a group of casual players. ;-)

@randomdigits#2166 Investment stock? LoL. Sounds like work. Thought we're a group of casual players. ;-)

one persons work is anothers idea of fun mebbe.. the whole market thing is very interesting imo. one of the aeas that give this game some depth

zephyriah said:

Interesting. So it sounds like the high profitability of VIP is no coincidence but rather a by design feature. Kind of investment stock with a high dividend.
    Could be. I'm not taking advantage of the profitability. I have been saving the keys until there is a lockbox I like. One of the older ones, or the new one with Underdark that has access to older items. I'm not using them on the Elemental boxes.
  • jamesa28jamesa28 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would to join the guild my gamer tag is @vyrim assassin
    jamesa28 said:

I would to join the guild my gamer tag is @vyrim assassin

Put your character name then gamer tag with an @ between them.

Example - Clinfel@Ultimate Blader

That's me.
  • jamesa28jamesa28 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    kilmor@vyrim assassin
  • manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I would like to join you guys!! "Mhairi@L0c0mar" I'm lvl 70 gwf, just a question, are there some kind of requirements or weekly donations, like some other guilds?

I would like to join you guys!! "Mhairi@L0c0mar" I'm lvl 70 gwf, just a question, are there some kind of requirements or weekly donations, like some other guilds?

Invite sent.

Only requirement is play you play at least partially between the hours of 10PM and 2AM PST.

As for donations, as long as you play and make regular contributions to the guild coffer, it's fine. Those contributions can be as little as the Influence and other rewards from the stronghold dailies. These items are only useful for the guild anyway. Any other contributions to the guild bank or coffer are up to you. We hope you will contribute other things when you can.

edited December 2015
    And who knows....someone in the guild may just give you a Lostmauth Horn for FREE!

And yes it has happened.
    edited December 2015

Terror is good for dragons huh? I'll look and see if I have any shards for that. I have a ton of shards of enchantment that I'll refine one of these days but i don't know which ones are good adn which are bad other than the obvious like Soul, negation, and vorpal. I have a bronzewood on my HR. they say it's kind of the hidden gem of this mod. it's really cheap.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/518759/bronzewood-enchantment-bis-for-protector-tanky-builds

Well, I don't know which one is better, but since PF from multiple players does not stack and we had at least 4 people using them I've switched my PF to Terror. It's more expensive (almost 3x times), but that should stack with PF, so it is at least not wasted. Once we have PF and Terror other players might as well use Vorpal or other enchants. The thread about bronzewood from 2013 is probably too old to still be accurate.

One issue we've noticed last time is that we only have a limited number of people who share their buffs/debuffs with the party. So even though altogether we were able to kill red dragon in less than 5:30 if we split in two parties fighting green and red both parties lose some buffs/debuffs and can no longer kill neither red nor green in time (judging by the progress it would have taken around 12:00 for the red dragon and even more for the green). So for now we are just fighting the red one.

Is it cool if I invite my alt? He's a wood elf hr at lvl 63 (almost 64).

Well, I don't know which one is better, but since PF from multiple players does not stack and we had at least 4 people using them I've switched my PF to Terror.
    I believe that is only partially true. Unless something has changed, plague fires of the same rank do not stack, but plague fires of different ranks do. So, it is not the number of people using it as long as there are different levels. With 5 levels, it could be done. I don't know if there are any Transcendents in the guild, but I bet the other 4 might be possible.

• bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    My schedule allows me to be on for Dragons tonight if we do them.
    I have a Greater PF for what it's worth as far as stacking.
    o/ cya tonight!
  • jeffro#4129 jeffro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Sort off topic so I apologize in advance. Just hit lvl 69 this morning and I've been just doing quests in the Fiery Pit past 3 levels. Should I just keep doing what I'm doing here or is there somewhere else that would be better?
    Yes, but when you're ready, move on to Spinward Rise to complete vigilance tasks and the Elemental Evil zone. Nice rewards too. ;-)
    Even if you don't have rank ten azures help. I'd also suggest spinward rise. completing the golden quest lines there gets you your artifact weapon.
    edited December 2015

Separate note, this is an interesting thread about dragon kills in Stronghold. From the looks of it, I could probably solo kill the Black Dragon myself and then everyone else could stay on Red lol.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1209554/ekdos-one-shot-from-37-hp

@nwbeast1#5867 It would be fun to try :smile: Please share any tips you might have in this thread: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1209103/how-to-beat-a-stronghold-dragon-guide
    I'm trying to come up with a cheat-sheet there for new players.
    welp, we hit 150 today. how should we go about the cull of those who aren't playing. a mass guild email asking for response within a weeks time does seem reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.