test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invitation to Casual Gamers

Comments

• kletskop#2292 kletskop Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I would be very interested in joining your guild. My gt is DE KLETSKOP.

thanks
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    I've invited all the people above as much as I can. I wasn't able to invite those who are already in the guild or those who didn't specify the full character@gamertag name. Please, contact anyone from our guild in game and we'll invite you.

Happy Thanksgiving, and best of luck on Black Friday ;)

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • kletskop#2292 kletskop Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    ALWAYSWINTER@DE KLETSKOP
  • WA CRACKALAKIN LVL 34 THIEF looking to join
  • bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Seems there is a limit of 400 Influence daily from SH HEs. Farmed 10 or so twice now and both times stopped getting Influence at the 400 mark. This is probably established and not news to anyone. My question is, any other way to get Influence other than HEs? We seem to be at a bottleneck and I want to keep the ball rolling.
    Good question!

Yes, the influence daily cap is 400, and you get 150/120/75/35/20 in each subsequent HE.
    Based on some conversations in PC forums you could get a bit over that limit by completing the major HEs/dragon flights, but only a tiny bit (think of 50).

The primary ways to address this are to:
    1) run the daily 3-5 HEs on alts you might have
    2) invite as many guild mates who are online when you start your run
    3) ask for help if you cannot complete the fight yourself (I know my level 64 DC alt gets killed all the time if I try to solo there)
    4) farm HEs in advance so that you don't miss a day if you don't have time to play - so you can just log in and open the HE rewards.

P.S. I love numbered lists.
    That last bit I never thought of. So I can do as many HEs as I want and just open until I cap then save the others and if I open them next day, I will get influence again even though I actually did the HE the day before. Nice!
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    What do I do with Labor vouchers? It seems I can't turn them in now and I can't deposit them to the guild bank since they are bound. Any point holding on to them?
  • beastpro#5299 beastpro Member Posts: 125 Arc User

What do I do with Labor vouchers? It seems I can't turn them in now and I can't deposit them to the guild bank since they are bound. Any point holding on to them?

Hang on to them, once you start a new guild task to upgrade something in the Stronghold you will most likely need a shat ton more labor.
    OK. Will sit on them for a little while longer.
    edited December 2015
    Labor vouchers could be kept till we have some space in coffer if you need guild marks (I would be already 2 times over the guild mark limit weren't I spending them at the barmaid to get some gold). Otherwise you can just discard them, they are not going to be blocking our progress for a while (if ever). E.g. I've got ~30 or so cheapest blue artisans for that purpose and can fill our Labor needs at any time if the need arises. And one rare artisan is equivalent to 40 minor vouchers. We are also going to start getting blue vouchers later when we start killing dragons.

Speaking of dragons, we've had another attempt to fight one with 8 of us lowering red dragon's health down to 28% percent, which is pretty good given that half of us were fresh level 70, who are still working on boons, gear and extra power points.
    Here is a good post on how to successfully fight the dragons, please read it (I re-read it every time we have a failed attempt :smile: ):
    https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1203340/unrepentant-guide-to-dragon-speed-dating/p1

And we are still hiring, please invite end gamers you meet in game playing between 10 pm and 2 am PST. I've sent invites to all who applied on my wall. Being end gamers is not a requirement, but when inviting we would like to focus on these more experienced players as it saves us time having to replace members who stopped playing after a week or two.
    edited December 2015
    I was part of that dragon attempt last night. It was rough to say the least. I was with Thia in squad and on xbox party chat and he says we were fighting one of, if not the, hardest dragon. So, considering it was a last minute thing with little to no organization and it being a harder dragon, I too am happy with how we did.
    I would love to try again with a little more planning!
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    So I'm thinking we should set a time to fight the dragon every night. let everyone know it's going to happen daily at such and such a time and maybe we will start seeing better turn out. maybe not the first few nights but after awhile. LOL. If people know it's going to happen they can schedule it. it's only a ten minute commitment. maybe we could do the same with dungeons.
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe even just meet up at the Stronghold campfire on the hour and do whatever runs people need/want, heroic encounters, SH quests... I don't mind helping lower level characters with vigilance, etc. and I hope end gamers can help me get seals in t1 runs or make some progress in ToD and IWD. If you see me on the roster, pm me or use guild chat. If I can, I will drop what I'm doing and join.
  • ultimatebladerv1ultimatebladerv1 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I've been playing since the first month solo, but I've reached the end of what I can do solo. I was wondering if you're still recruiting and if so, is a mic required?
    edited December 2015

I was wondering if you're still recruiting and if so, is a mic required?

Yes we are. Please see the first message in this forum thread on how to join us.
    Mic is not a requirement (my perspective: some people like using a mic, some kind of hate it, we should respect everyone).

With regard to dragon fights - I believe the free event can be started every 2 hours, specifically at 11:30 PM and 1:30 AM PST.
    I suspect we need to do a little bit more recruiting and then we would have no problem killing a dragon.

For starters, if you are online at one of these times and see 15+ people online - do send a chat message and invite everyone to join the fight (5-10 minutes before it begins). I do recommend a red dragon to begin with, though we could try a green once in a while to see if our DCs could keep us alive in the poison cloud.

> @randomdigits#2166 said:
    > I was wondering if you're still recruiting and if so, is a mic required?
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes we are. Please see the first message in this forum thread on how to join us.
    > Mic is not a requirement (my perspective: some people like using a mic, some kind of hate it, we should respect everyone).

Cool. I'm ClinFel@Ultimate Blader
    edited December 2015
    @spelldazer if you're 2000 il pretty sure we can get a group to run you (and others who need the seals) thru ecc. I have been doing it daily. pretty sure we could get groups together to run that and get people their seals. I need to run Lostmauth more often too. I've done it a few times in pubs and it seems really easy. I suspect you need the majority of the group at a higher IL though. not everyone has been higher IL but a good portion seem to be 2300 and above with maybe one or two lower levels.

@randomdigits#2166 the problem being that IF people are on. if we said, it happens at this time we need at least 20 people. then more people might BE online at that time. concrete statements and plans and what not. If I know something is happening I can make room for it around the other things I do at night. if not I'll probably, not log on right at that moment just cause I don't know it's happening.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
    Thank you to the guild members who did elol with me today. Yes, we wiped at the boss fight but I feel like we almost won. Hopefully, now that I'm more familiar with the fight, I'll be better at it next time.

@thefiresidecat - if I'm on, please invite me. I really can't stand to do another ToS just to get my AD. I'm currently IL2000 but have decent armor penetration and crit stats. Thanks!
    edited December 2015
    By a popular demand we are starting to run (almost) daily Dragon Fight events at 11:30 PM. You can run additional fights at other times too, they are free to start at certain times (every 2 hours), but so far this time was the time we had most success at.

I'll start another thread in PvE forum to discuss the best way to prepare for Dragon Fight - gear, enchants, powers, consumables. For now - just login at 11:25 PM and come Stronghold north-west corner to fight the red dragon.

@spelldazer We've actually finished that eLol 5 minutes later, so we just needed another attempt for everyone to get used to the fight. I believe it used to be much harder before the ArPen bug was fixed.

Spelldazer, what's your GT?

After all that fuss I made about calling for a nightly thing, I can't make it first night. hubby has bogarted the tv. LOL
    I play Shifun.
    The dragon event in the guild post is in a timeframe I will never be able to make. I'm way across the pond. So, much earlier or slightly later.
    Thank you for giving me a chance. I'll do my best to help with the stronghold and donate whatever I can. If you feel I'm not holding up to expectations, feel free to boot me whenever you feel it's needed. Again, thank you for the chance.
    the dragon attack is every 2 hours for the free attack. otherwise you need to buy a bell. I think the drag attack is just scheduled as a nightly thing when it is because that's when the majority are on. we can try to bring it down at a different time as well.
    @thefiresidecat thank you for the idea, looks like it was a total success. We've killed the red dragon @11:30 PM in 5 minutes with 12 of us and in 8.5 minutes @1:30 AM with 8 of us. Granted, one of the guys was 3.5K IL and several were over 2.6K, but, but we all were part of that and got that Strongbox lockbox as a reward, so with some Zen spent on the keys and the reward from the first fight quest we've got 5 fangs in one night (out of 108 fangs you need for the full set).

I've started a thread here to capture some common knowledge with regard to dragon fights:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1209103/how-to-beat-a-stronghold-dragon-guide/p1

Also, after the fight many folks (Thia, Therai, Oathly, Rant and others) are running eLoL with guild mates, which is kind of fun too.

@ultimatebladerv1 Are you the guy who mixes upper-case i's and lower-case l's in his gamertag? That was a funny challenge to invite... :smile: regardless, welcome aboard!

• turner2k7mjturner2k7mj Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Can someone start the next stronghold construction. Thanks
    Are you the guy who mixes upper-case i's and lower-case l's in his gamertag? That was a funny challenge to invite... :smile: regardless, welcome aboard!

Nah. My GT is Ultimate Blader.
    It might be the my most depressing post in this thread ever but it would be very wrong of me if I didn't mention that thread: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1209056/my-gift-to-you where one other guild lead is graciously invites people from other guilds for a free pass to buy Stronghold armors from their guild Marketplace. While some of the richest guilds (who already got everything) call it an exploit and condemn it, I am obviously feeling strongly thankful for this gift.

Here is our progress so far:

Lumber L1
    Farm L1
    GH L2
    Market L1
    GH L3
    Quarry L1
    == we are here ==
    GH L4
    Market L2
    Mine L1
    Support L1
    Lumber L2
    Farm L2
    Quarry L2
    Mine L2
    Support L2
    GH L5
    Boon L1
    GH L6
    Lumber L3
    Farm L3
    GH L8
    Market L4

Which means we are many months (I would guess 6 or so) and 20+ million AD away from getting the Stronghold Armor.
    With that in mind, my suggestions:

1) we keep farming dragon fangs (keep the boxes unopened once you hit 50 fangs max limit since you need 108 fangs)
    2) we do not waste millions of AD on progressing in our Stronghold
    3) we contact that other guild to see if we could simplify some of this free pass management for them (e.g. giving them a list of players) so that they don't get overloaded with the requests
    4) we keep our guild alive and play together in dungeons and what not
    edited December 2015
    I'm for it. I'm personally not too worried about getting the gear right away. never was. wasn't there a guild alliance thing? I'm not sure how that works. we're probably a month or two off getting enough dragon fangs per player as well. Hopefully culling the lower level players who don't really play and replacing them with end gamers who do play will make a difference with time.

doesn't a lot of this stronghold stuff become obsolete with the next update too? I saw some post from someone warning about spending money on the dragonflight stuff. I didn't pay a lot of attention at the time though
    I agree with posts above. Play together whenever possible, progress the guild however makes sense with emphasis on easily/cheaply achieved improvements. I like the extra quests/xp you get from the SH quests and the food buffs. Armor and weapons are less important to me.
    Incidentally, I just won a strongholds promo box in an online giveaway from Hardcore Gamer mag. Not sure, but I think it has some keys and such. Gave me Eternal armor. At the moment, though, I'm not sure it's any better from what I had on before. Mostly, my crit went down and deflect went up. Keeping it on cos it looks red hot. ;-)
    Back on topic, anyone who wants the armor and weapons should take Asylum on their offer. It is generous and much appreciated. Very sportsman like, to borrow a line from The Princess Bride.
    I like that our guild is about being casual, no expectations, no mic requirements, etc.
This discussion has been closed.