test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invitation to Casual Gamers

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    From what I've seen so far this guild should prolly be called "a pack of lone wolves" LOL. (no judging, I am one too) LOL

We've tried a dragon fight yesterday with 6 or 7 of us fighting the red dragon in Stronghold. Alas, looks like majority of us were not yet ready to take on dragons :smile: The result was quite showing - the same miserable 15% of dragon health down - small improvement from our earlier attempt with 3 players where we made killed 10% of dragon HP.

Which made me wonder what are we doing wrong. So here is what I've found:
    https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1203340/unrepentant-guide-to-dragon-speed-dating/p1

So, overall, we need to be stronger, come prepared, have a right mixture of classes and kill dragon empowers when they show up.

I plan to continue with recruiting and refining our guild ranks (we have 122 players as of now, but only about a half of them actually seem to come online less or more regularly). We could stay casual but we need players who play every day, not just weekends. :disappointed:

it seems more like the "pack of lone wolves" then casual per se. LOL. I know at least one of the group of seven was a level 60 something.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I guess it is. We are various people who stayed out the guilds because we like playing solo, but now we want to play in Stronghold without of the unnecessary pressure of a hardcore player guild. If we have enough players showing up at the same time in the right place we could do the team content (like dragon fights). Same as one does with ToD dragon fights.
    Plus there is a pretty high number of new players who are still leveling. These are expected to play solo for a while until they reach 70 and can run dungeons (at which point we can help).

Now that we have 120+ players enlisted I'm focusing more on recruiting more of the actively playing end gamers, since these are the people who can contribute to Stronghold the most. And making progress in Stronghold is going to be attracting factor for bringing and keeping more active players.

Still even lower-level players could do some of the Stronghold tasks:
    1) Complete 3-5 heroic encounters to get up to 400 influence a day
    2) Grind Stronghold mobs (spiders and imps are the fastest) for Stronghold campaign currencies and rank 5 enchants
    3) Trade rank 5 enchants for rank 3 and 4 through AH and the contribute these to the coffer

End gamers could also donate the purple drops from dungeons for surplus gear.
    While we aren't going to be in the lead, I'm sure we'll have all the basic boons unlocked (like Defense and LifeSteal) to make player's life easier.

If you've seen my other thread here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1207623/stronghold-structure-costs-analysis
    costs of building structures in Stronghold is quite high, and building just rank 1s is going to cost us overall around 10M AD. It's not something a lone wolf can afford, but all together we should be able to pull it through. Plus I'm also hoping they'll bring these costs down if enough people complain about them being unreasonable after all the AD nerfs.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I guess it is. We are various people who stayed out the guilds because we like playing solo, but now we want to play in Stronghold without of the unnecessary pressure of a hardcore player guild. If we have enough players showing up at the same time in the right place we could do the team content (like dragon fights). Same as one does with ToD dragon fights.
    Plus there is a pretty high number of new players who are still leveling. These are expected to play solo for a while until they reach 70 and can run dungeons (at which point we can help).

Now that we have 120+ players enlisted I'm focusing more on recruiting more of the actively playing end gamers, since these are the people who can contribute to Stronghold the most. And making progress in Stronghold is going to be attracting factor for bringing and keeping more active players.

Still even lower-level players could do some of the Stronghold tasks:
    1) Complete 3-5 heroic encounters to get up to 400 influence a day
    2) Grind Stronghold mobs (spiders and imps are the fastest) for Stronghold campaign currencies and rank 5 enchants
    3) Trade rank 5 enchants for rank 3 and 4 through AH and the contribute these to the coffer

End gamers could also donate the purple drops from dungeons for surplus gear.
    While we aren't going to be in the lead, I'm sure we'll have all the basic boons unlocked (like Defense and LifeSteal) to make player's life easier.

If you've seen my other thread here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1207623/stronghold-structure-costs-analysis
    costs of building structures in Stronghold is quite high, and building just rank 1s is going to cost us overall around 10M AD. It's not something a lone wolf can afford, but all together we should be able to pull it through. Plus I'm also hoping they'll bring these costs down if enough people complain about them being unreasonable after all the AD nerfs.

It's not just the AD nerf. The biggest mistake for Xbox is that on PC each of the mod's currency used for stronghold came out well in advance: Mod1 7/16/13, mod 2 12/5/13, Mod 3 5/13/14, Mod 4 8/14/14 and then on Strongholds on 8/11/15. This means that there was the opportunity to build 2 years (Sharandar) worth of surplus currency and even for TOD a full year to collect. We had 7 months for TOD and only about 8 weeks for the other Modules. This will mean that, at least some players, will need to continue working Modules that they have finished (or have no real desire to continue working:"Sharandar, I'm looking at you").

Anyway, I'm looking forward to doing a DragonFlight whenever we get enough people on. No hurry, but I did dig out (and invite) my debuffer cleric that still has High Prophet to work within the guide you posted.
    I agree. Btw I'm just grinding Stronghold instead of the running campaign for the currencies, they seem to drop pretty well, need to see if this is faster. I still have one more item of elven gear to get and then there isn't much fun content left after that. I'll just resort to crafting Unified Elements and some more guild management (recruiting or helping to level up, though there isn't much I can help here... maybe walk around people and ensure that everyone uses Azures 7+ and they don't get killed in daily lairs :smile:
  • draigh#6802 draigh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Would love to join aswell, you seem to have a solid plan.
    Currently lvl 33 hunter ranger/stormwarden.
    Gamertag is: Draigh
    Hello Draigh, there are two ways to join:
    1) leave here or on my wall your full name (character@gamertag). I will then add you when I'm online, typically same day. You message above didn't have the character names, sorry.
    2) find us in the Find Guild dialog in game and ask any of the online players you can se there to invite you.
    Thank you for your interest!
    Hello folks.
    I'm sending this info through the guild mail as well, but some people might find it easier to find here.

For our current Stronghold construction needs we in most need of Gems, Frozen and Fey Treasures.
    Here are some suggestions on how to get these. If even half of us does this once or twice we'd finish this building next day.

Gems
    1) Donate rank 3s (60 AD or 5 points), rank 4s (80 ADs or 5 points). You can grind them or buy them.
    2) Sell rank 5s (500 AD or 10 points).
    3) DO NOT donate armor kits (1000 AD or 5 points).
    4) Use skill kits on all the nodes you see. Each dungeon has about a dozen of them. You can get free kits from our bank.

Frozen and Fey Treasures
    1) Do the daily and weekly quests which give you the campaign currencies.
    2) You can also grind the red campaign treasures tickets but they are low-value, 25 points each.

Thank you!
  • bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Hey there o/ I got an invite last night from Ana (I forget the last name, it's written down but I'm not at home). I would have accepted bu I'm currently having a glitch where I get a clicking sound every few seconds and it had me in a foul mood ;)

Lv 70 2500IL GWF
    Goa't@bapapagoat

I am on mostly at night and in to the morning (9pm-5am EST) but my schedule fluctuates so my play times do as well. I am quite active and have played solo long enough that I am ready to get the most out of playing an MMO by finding a home.
    I would mostly be looking to help with strongholds and to help people who can't solo do dailies and such. Also, I would like to find some people to run dungeons with. I'm pretty laid back and mostly quiet but I have an odd sense off humor and can come out of left field pretty quick sometimes.
    @thefiresidecat Slartibartfast, nice fjords! ;)
    @bagoat I take great pride in them!

Hello folks.
    I'm sending this info through the guild mail as well, but some people might find it easier to find here.

For our current Stronghold construction needs we in most need of Gems, Frozen and Fey Treasures.
    Here are some suggestions on how to get these. If even half of us does this once or twice we'd finish this building next day.

Gems
    1) Donate rank 3s (60 AD or 5 points), rank 4s (80 ADs or 5 points). You can grind them or buy them.
    2) Sell rank 5s (500 AD or 10 points).
    3) DO NOT donate armor kits (1000 AD or 5 points).
    4) Use skill kits on all the nodes you see. Each dungeon has about a dozen of them. You can get free kits from our bank.

Frozen and Fey Treasures
    1) Do the daily and weekly quests which give you the campaign currencies.
    2) You can also grind the red campaign treasures tickets but they are low-value, 25 points each.

Thank you!

oh good tip on the rank 5's. yeah, some strategic ah manipulation is probably the way to go. how many points for armour? it might be better to salvage that stuff and buy other things as well. Feeling kinda stupid now. I donated a ton of rank 7 runes earlier. like 14 or something like that.

I agree. Btw I'm just grinding Stronghold instead of the running campaign for the currencies, they seem to drop pretty well, need to see if this is faster. I still have one more item of elven gear to get and then there isn't much fun content left after that. I'll just resort to crafting Unified Elements and some more guild management (recruiting or helping to level up, though there isn't much I can help here... maybe walk around people and ensure that everyone uses Azures 7+ and they don't get killed in daily lairs :smile:

actually, helping lower levels is possible. just running thru the missions with them helps a lot. we can mow thru the hoards that are very difficult for them. and you can tie in the unified elements goal in there as well because it is a reward in the drowned shores missions.
    Looks like we are on track for Gems now, and very close to that for Frozen treasures, so the latest and the greatest need is the Sharandar campaign stuff.

Here are some facts to consider:
    10 Feywild Sparks = 100 points
    3 seedling, charms or blades = 150 points
    10 Gold Crescents = 50 points
    Doing a full daily run of all quests gives ~600 points.

Now if ones want to buy that progress with AD:
    1 Fomorian Concoction = 40-60 AD = 1 point
    1 Genie's Gift = 7000 AD = 150 points (47 AD/point)
    So a full daily set of quest is equivalent to 28,000 AD worth of campaign loot from the market.

We need 7500 more points in that campaign.

@bagoat - I've sent you an invite.

@thefiresidecat - I've tried helping someone today in Fiery Pit but looks like I've chose a wrong time, my party invites were declined :smile:
    I've also tried sharing my findings about Stronghold grinding with a few folks today, here are these findings in case if my teaching by showing in game was not very clear:

The best encounters to run for the daily "3 encounters" quest as well as to get the daily limit of 400 influence are the "Attack" encounters. They are located not as close as some of the "Supply" encounters, but are way faster to complete. You can probably do 5 of them in about 15 minutes by just circling between Spider Attack, Devils Attack and Beast Attack.

P.S. As far as I know some new quests are going to unlock as we upgrade various buildings.
    I got on a bit this morning before maintenance and accepted the invite. I've already gotten a promotion at work, lost 40 lbs and my hair grew back. Joining Casual Gamers was the best decision I EVER made! :D
    Seriously though, I just had time to do dailies but am off today so will be looking at strongholds when servers are back up o/

@bagoat - I've sent you an invite.

@thefiresidecat - I've tried helping someone today in Fiery Pit but looks like I've chose a wrong time, my party invites were declined :smile:
    I've also tried sharing my findings about Stronghold grinding with a few folks today, here are these findings in case if my teaching by showing in game was not very clear:

The best encounters to run for the daily "3 encounters" quest as well as to get the daily limit of 400 influence are the "Attack" encounters. They are located not as close as some of the "Supply" encounters, but are way faster to complete. You can probably do 5 of them in about 15 minutes by just circling between Spider Attack, Devils Attack and Beast Attack.

P.S. As far as I know some new quests are going to unlock as we upgrade various buildings.

I saw someone in vault of nine and sent a message over the chat system did they want some help (because I remember that as being really challenging) and no one responded at all. another person who joined me at one point had me on ignore for text chat. it was the first time I saw that. LOL. For me communication is important in games like this, be it chat or voice. what's the goal, do I have time for that goal, ect ect. on the other hand we have some people who are super chatty on text and they'll be super easy to help out.

bagoat said:

I got on a bit this morning before maintenance and accepted the invite. I've already gotten a promotion at work, lost 40 lbs and my hair grew back. Joining Casual Gamers was the best decision I EVER made! :D

Seriously though, I just had time to do dailies but am off today so will be looking at strongholds when servers are back up o/

looks like we made our quota on Gems! Yay team! it looks like goat was super generous this morning! we need Fey and icewind now. we should organize some group runs on doing dailies to make it less painful. (imho) those are the two most difficult areas to solo in my experience. too many little dudes that have slowing bullets that swarm you. and I think it shows in those being the two areas that we are lagging a little on.

• spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I tried to chat a few times now and I keep getting an insufficient permissions error. Any idea? Xbox settings look ok. What am I missing?

Would love to get some dailies done with other guild members. Finished Vault9 today and haven't yet done a single epic, I'm embarrassed to say. Not loving dungeon crawls, but...I got all my AD (218coffers?) put into the guild by mistake, so now I need to do as many skirmishes and dungeons as I can.

I have a slightly squishy TR (named Shifun) with gear just shy of ilevel 2000. If you send me a group invite when I'm on and I don't have a baby on my hands, I'll gladly join and follow your lead. Low level runs ok by me too. Glad to help all levels.
    edited November 2015

I got all my AD (218coffers?) put into the guild by mistake

OMG, I'm sorry about that. This is one of the ugly sides of the Stronghold coffer UI.
    It also keeps showing my equipment stored in personal banking slot, so nowhere to hide - I can't even mail it to myself.

I tried to chat a few times now and I keep getting an insufficient permissions error. Any idea? Xbox settings look ok. What am I missing?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Xbox chat, I'm still waiting for the new headphones, hopefully these will play BOTH the game sounds and the chat sounds. I'm usually quiet in chat as I'm playing at night when my family sleeps not far away, but I'm using a USB keyboard a lot.

Would love to get some dailies done with other guild members. Finished Vault9 today and haven't yet done a single epic, I'm embarrassed to say. Not loving dungeon crawls, but...I got all my AD (218coffers?) put into the guild by mistake, so now I need to do as many skirmishes and dungeons as I can.

I personally rely on playing AH market to make money, can't go into details here without ruining the opportunities. Epic dungeons are somewhat on the loss side as you spend a lot on injury kits and healing pots, so you are paying to gear up. Other than that, some money sources are: leveling dungeons, weekly campaign quests, skirmishes, event drops, selling rank 5 enchants & refining stones, level 25 Alchemy, Artificing and Tailoring, daily Dread Ring lair, invoking.

looks like we made our quota on Gems!

Mental note to myself: not to place rank 5 enchants into bank while we need Gems for Stronghold, or else. :smile:
    B.t.w. donating rank 7 runestones is fairly efficient (2600 AD = 100 points).

======

If you guys have any requests, e.g. you want to run campaign area or some epic dungeon or skirmish together - please let me know through the chat or mail in game - I'll drop whatever I'm doing and will join you in this activity. I spend 30% of my time currently making recruiting loops in PE/IWD/DR/Sharandar, another 30% in ECC (need 1 more run to get full Elven) and the rest in Stronghold or campaign areas doing daily quests.

P.S. You can share quests (like daily) with your party through quest options when you are in a party.

I have a slightly squishy TR (named Shifun) with gear just shy of ilevel 2000. If you send me a group invite when I'm on and I don't have a baby on my hands, I'll gladly join and follow your lead. Low level runs ok by me too. Glad to help all levels.

Shifun, you're the one that I played with in dreadring, you have me on ignore. lol. Slartibartfast and Tiberius Rex are my toons I can't remember which was on at the time. I'm guessing somehow you flicked some sort of super restrictive settings? Do you have a child filter on or something? that might make it so you can't chat?
    edited November 2015
    any recommended usb keyboards? I need one. it is PAINFUL to tap out text on that thing and the in game chat is really terribad. I need a better headset. I've got a turtle beach but it only seems to work with my ps4. it's supposed to be universal but i've not figured it out.

for all reading this unless I'm in a dungeon or tiamat feel free to send me an invite if you need help with something. I'm still working on boons and what not and for lower level tasks I'm in dire straights when it comes to gold so it's not a bad thing for me to go in and do some wiping of the floors of the lower levels. there are times when I can't be on long or whatnot and I can't help so I can't promise anything but feel free to send me an invite as I said. LOL

another good way to make ad is to look at the top of whatever professions you're crafting. the level 25 specials that get the most AD in the AH, look at what the central ingredient needed for that item is, ie the gemmed piercing ring sells for 90-110 k it seems and you need a wizards ring. now to make the wizards ring takes a couple hours and when that comes up people want to make it NOW because who knows when it will be up again. in the case of Jewelry all the wizards stuff fetches ok prices. I don't think you'll get rich doing it but they do sell. last I looked (when I found myself in the predicament described above) I had to pay 3500 to 5k for one.
    The keyboard just have to have a USB transmitter (regular Bluetooth ones wouldn't work). Small keyboards seem to fit best the living room settings.

Boons are extremely nice to have. Not sure if it's because of boons or the recent fix of DR bug, but with my CW I can now fairly easily solo Biggrin's Nest or do the 1 vs 2 giants fight, which I had troubles with before. I've had to run Valindra for the first time for the Stronghold quest and it was a walk in a park... :smile:
    edited November 2015
    goals have been attained for farm.
    edited November 2015
    Yay! That's been an easy choice (since it was blocking further progress.)
    After that I was think of going towards improving new player survivability (Life Steal), plus convenience (basic merchants) in Strongholds.
    So my proposed plan is: Marketplace, Mine, then either Stables or Quary and Temple.
    See this thread for some costs: http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1207623/stronghold-structure-costs-analysis#p1
    In either case we would need a LOT more of Tyranny campaign resources and or AD.

I vote stables.
    I want a pony.
    edited November 2015
    I tend to agree with going towards the Stables first as they have the least campaign currency requirements, have useful boons and would let us get Influence faster from the NPC quests. But let's see later down the road. I really hope they would adjust the structure pricing... :smile:
    It would be nice. it's unfair of them to spring this on us so soon after releasing that other huge drop. everyone is unprepared compared with our pc cousins.
    edited November 2015
    It's building now (takes 15 minutes), so you can see it if you are online.
    I'll post here a few images later for your entertainment guys.

Before

Then

Finally

Construction video: http://gameclipscontent-d3007.xboxlive.com/0009000002214c83-7e446b40-ff53-40c6-a569-44e801db4b18/GameClip-Original.MP4
    Post edited by randomdigits#2166 on
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Thanks for the tips, everyone. I suspect the parental controls might be the problem, although I was pretty sure I had removed them. Will try to get it sorted later in the day.
    edited November 2015
    Oh shoot! I was hoping to be online when the farm was built JUST to see if it had an animation :(
    Oh well, I'll catch the next structure ;)
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User

any recommended usb keyboards? I need one. it is PAINFUL to tap out text on that thing and the in game chat is really terribad.

If you have a tablet, just install Microsoft SmartGlass app; that way, you can use the virtual keyboard.
This discussion has been closed.