test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[QOL] BoC becomes BoA

dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
edited October 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
So with the huge win for the majority of the population (I'm talking about the implementation of ALL guild vendored items being BOA) I come to the community today with a poll request to figure out this simple question, that IMO would improve QOL drastically, as well as keep players playing for a very long time

Should all BoC (Bound on Character Items) Become BoA (Bound on Account items)

The benefits of such a change would include a lot, but mainly this following implementation.

1 type of artifact, for all the toons on each account.

my personal account has multiple copies of the same artifact, and it's starting to feel very excessive.

Implementation of such a change like this would also allow the class specifc artifacts (that are currently black holes for ad) be used in other classes that would need them more then your current main toon.

this would encourage the player base to have multiple classes, and have far more to do in game with less cost to do it.

So vote on:

Yes, to make all Boc Items BoA

or

No, if you disagree

DERSIDIUS
ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN

[QOL] BoC becomes BoA 202 votes

Yes, All BOC Items should become BOA; where applicable
88%
fdsakhfduewhfiuflyaisesabre10ogariouskarakla1snottyblazious11daniloslvquistranazebularzekethesinnerkvetsasageruakram2011011firebringeraxel1colierzwergenschubsersorce#8115soltaswordlader 178 votes
No, The majority of BOC items should not become BOA
11%
cqzm1ndefiantone99chartos#6469dragon387beatanniermok33boltzmann42theycallmetomulooomisrhoriangelusimit8rmyles08807asterotgmentinmindmakerfexchipnovakk1neoxyphusinyawayupdeepgiaxathrithsnerosolis 24 votes

Comments

• zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    It's a no brainer.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    zukn75 said:

It's a no brainer.

What else is there to say other than this.

I dont play alts for this EXACT reason.... If it were BOA I would play my alts and play the game MUCH more.
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    This is definitely a no brainer.
  • unshavenpear#3499 unshavenpear Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Are they implementing this now? Or is this just a sweetener while the servers are failing AGAIN....
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User

Are they implementing this now? Or is this just a sweetener while the servers are failing AGAIN....

This is me trying to rally support behind something that NEEDs to be implemented... hopefully with 1000+ votes... they'll look at it??

Please spread the word

DERSIDIUS
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    All I can say is... Yes! :)
    Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    This is a huge QoL issue for me. If I earned it I should be able to do with it as I please. Not only that, The insane bag pressure the different bind states put on my characters is overwhelming. I have bought bags with purchased zen and I still feel like there is no space left in my inventory.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    They already started doing it, the next logical step is to remove binding altogether or bta for everything , btc has no reason for being
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Yes, yes, and more yes. I don't even remotely dare to hope for BtA Artifacts because I'd bet my horns that will NEVER happen, but yes. Relenting on the relentless bag space problem would be nice, but really for me it's more about being able to share things between my characters or earn things on behalf of other characters. Equipped items (at least most things) should even be BtA just like the Xvim gear.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Why isn't lathander's eye BoA...? Lostmauth's horn is BoE... HOW is this fair or make any sense? Find it twice on a char who doesn't need it, never find on one who actually does.
  • bghostbghost Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    i would rather some things not be bound at all so i can sale SOMETHING in the AH
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    bghost said:

i would rather some things not be bound at all so i can sale SOMETHING in the AH

Apparently, finding loot and selling it on AH is cheating the company, less you pump out your wallet for lockbox keys.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    From a non-poll thread, my comments on Binding:
    zebular said:

asterdahl said:

Just so there is not any confusion, the account bound status is intentional. In fact, with the release of Module 6 certain equipment such as those pieces purchased with seals of the elements were already account bound, though equipment for other classes was somewhat obscurely buried in the "misc." tab.

Very awesome to hear, @asterdahl! Thanks! I'm sure you all remember that I am totally against anything in an MMO being bound at all. However, if we must have things bind, I do feel pretty much everything should be Account Bound. The game has strayed very far from an alt-friendly game as it used to be for the first few modules. More account bound and less character bound is a great way to bring the game back to your alt-o'holic playerbase.
    asterdahl said:

As far as the issue of transmutes or dyes changing the bind status without a warning, I can't say that there will be a change to those systems affecting bind status, but we will certainly be looking into the fact that there is no warning message when the bind status is about to change. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Yeah, anything that makes something become character bound, regardless of it's prior bind status, should give a promt as a warning so people can make better decisions. However, as I stated above, I do feel there really shouldn't be any "character" binding in the game, most everything that binds should be account bound. Aye.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2015

If we're talking about used companions and used artifacts then no. It would make things way too easy. Imagine a lvl15 with a mythic artifact. As if low level PvP wasn't bad enough with R12s and trans vorpals.. Not to mention it would seriously lower the effort -and potential money spend- on alts. That's not done in any decent MMO, and it shouldn't be done here either.

If we're talking about drops and rewards that are currently BtC like RP and such, then yes. Definitely.

Alas, the poll doesn't separate the two, so I won't vote.

Any used item (besides enchants) is automatically bound to character and that's never changing so it's a moot point to even worry about that.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    I hope you guys know that the AD cost required to be competitive in any form of this game is what drives away the player base... among-st other bug related reasons

DERSIDIUS
  • glubtalglubtal Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Thats a clear NO, we should only play 1 character, or suffer if we make alts. Make all savalgable items BoC aswell...
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    the only thing i really want to move between chars is special mounts and some unused companions. and i'd be happy to cough up a modest ad fee to move them from one char to the next and have them rebind. but arti's and arti sets would be way a little overboard in my opinion. and my definition of modest is not cryptic. somehow they feel 15k ad for the weekly quests is significant. yet it costs over 2.5M ad to upgrade a pet from white to orange.

what is nessesary to help alts isnt making everything boa. its a drastic reduction in the cost of refining, both ad and rp. just cuz i managed to get a char to 70 doesnt mean that char should have bis gear immediately. im fine with gearing up alts. but the endless grind for rp is excessive.

• glubtalglubtal Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Maybe you do, but lots of people just create 25 accounts to get 50 characters. Luckely the Leadership nerf made this less good. I just feel that alot here have way too many alts to take care of and they get stressed over AD nerfs just becourse of that. But hey, thats just my opinion and clearly I'm a minority here, every1 just want more and more AD..
    edited October 2015
    glubtal said:

Maybe you do, but lots of people just create 25 accounts to get 50 characters. Luckely the Leadership nerf made this less good. I just feel that alot here have way too many alts to take care of and they get stressed over AD nerfs just becourse of that. But hey, thats just my opinion and clearly I'm a minority here, every1 just want more and more AD..

It's not about having "More AD" it's about being allowed to use your AD in the most lucrative way...

Look at diablo's (Blizzard Game) bind system... everything not sellable is BOA and moveable everywhere.. they still make HAMSTER tons of money, I'm sure you know.

DERSIDIUS
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    1000000X agreement times 10000000% more.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    glubtal said:

you seem to misunderstand something.. I like many bought.. I E paid cold hard cash for our slots, they should have some value of some sort.

you guys are crazy.. IVE never played a mmo that MADE it worse to play alts, all other mmos have made it easier over time.

you guys are crazy.. IVE never played a mmo that MADE it worse to play alts, all other mmos have made it easier over time.

There's no other game that allows you to make more currency with alts that don't play than the characters you do play either. Now that that got fixed, it's time to bring things back to normal. In every game you gear your characters separately from eachother. Mains can be helpful in some ways, but the real work still has to be done on alts. I see no reason for that to change here. You're already getting free gear for alts by playing your main. Is that not enough?

Stupid question really, judging by this thread. On a silver platter, preferably with a huge AD bonus to boot or it's clearly not enough...

Man... The work required to do a new alt has nothing to do with the AD needed (which is currently redundant and trivial) the boons alone... the level grind from 60-70... the man hours put in there coupled with a measly 24k ROUGH AD cap a day is complete nonsense and unless your well off in game with millions at your disposal, secondary alts are a fantasy.

Not that I don't have the AD to cover it, I certainly do, but I've leveled 3 GWF sigils, 5 DC sigils (all to orange or mythic) and it really is starting to get HAMSTER lmao.

DERSIDIUS
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    All this thread confirms, is there are (at this point in time) atleast THREE idiots who play this game.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    I don't know...really...BoC is so nice...NOT!

I want all my hard earned goodies BoA so i can have phun with any toon i create without re-farming everything.
    I add: campaigns and boons unlocked on the whole account.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    cheap way to hop from one broken class to the next, not sure about the effect this will have in the long sight

" lfm for elol any dps, already are 4 OP´s"

double spec would be a start for me like PVP setup/PVE setup or heal/tank, damage/support etc.
    thats something I miss in this game

I would say in case you are board of the class you play implement a class-change for Zen (it has to be painful)
    so pay for it if you suffer from the class so it´s win win (and Cryptic earns more money)

double spec would be a start for me like PVP setup/PVE setup or heal/tank, damage/support etc.

Sounds like another good thing they could implement for those who don't want to farm boons again. But for those who want a Play 2 Win option, BoA artifacts and other gear is a great way to award long time loyal members

DERSIDIUS
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    If I could move my lostmauth 3pc to another character class, I would.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

If we're talking about used companions and used artifacts then no. It would make things way too easy. Imagine a lvl15 with a mythic artifact. As if low level PvP wasn't bad enough with R12s and trans vorpals.. Not to mention it would seriously lower the effort -and potential money spend- on alts. That's not done in any decent MMO, and it shouldn't be done here either.

If we're talking about drops and rewards that are currently BtC like RP and such, then yes. Definitely.

I would think equipping would make it non-transferable, and could even accept this for Enchants & Runestones.

The BoA vs BOC argument has to do with new stuff acquired, and to me, even more important, storage space availability.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    ayroux said:

All this thread confirms, is there are (at this point in time) atleast THREE idiots who play this game.

ROFL... Remember, half of any group is below Average!
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

" lfm for elol any dps, already are 4 OP´s"

I would say in case you are board of the class you play implement a class-change for Zen (it has to be painful)
    so pay for it if you suffer from the class so it´s win win (and Cryptic earns more money)

I would think equipping would make it non-transferable, and could even accept this for Enchants & Runestones.

The BoA vs BOC argument has to do with new stuff acquired, and to me, even more important, storage space availability.
    thats not what the op asked for. he wanted to move his arti's from one char to the next. so he wouldnt have to refine anything or farm anything.

the reason this is even an issue is RP is too scares/requirements too high.