test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Network Issues - 9/13 & 9/14

Comments

• Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    Szanto Janos of Romania... cut the HAMSTER.
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    Yep. Here we go again. :(
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

Yep. Here we go again. :(

Your sig seems so appropriate right now. If no less frustrating due to Cryptic's lack of cybersecurity against a script-kiddy.
  • Options
    chambermancerchambermancer Member Posts: 63 Arc User

You said this thread was to keep us informed, to the point that you close down any other thread on the topic..and then proceed to remove posts here without telling us anything new.

Any progress whatsoever?

The deletings will continue until moral improves.
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    These guys are so easy to find.... but you can't stop a botnet...
  • Options
    mdpoysermdpoyser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    If youre that pissed about the changes to AD and leadership then quit the game and leave everybody else the f alone...seriously
  • Options
    odelle12odelle12 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Wondering if i can get my money back for VIP....seems like a horrible waste of money.
    Cant play and when we can play we cant earn any AD after the next patch!!
  • Options
    rogerdtaterogerdtate Member Posts: 46 Arc User
  • Options
    fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User

rattler2 said:

neoxyphus said:

Still it isn't impossible to mitigate...I think there may be infrastructure weaknesses @ Cryptic/PWI, they are basically at the attacker's mercy, all day. May also be a sign of lack of expertise to deal with DDOS.

Its the weekend. The full crew is probably unavailable because they're off until Monday.
    Sorry but when you have something like this happen, you don't get a "day off". You get called back in and you deal with it until it is fixed, there is a workaround, or you apprehend the offender. This kind of HAMSTER isn't just annoying, it's illegal and subject to prosecution. This person needs to be found and arrested.
    Could you imagine being the law enforcement that has to drag the smelly cheeto-encrusted perp from his mothers basement?
  • Options
    elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Maybe quit HAMSTER your players and you won't have such a problem?

If you continue with the AD nerf you will lose lots of people including me, it is the only way I can make decent AD with the time I have to play. It's not just bots doing this, it is every single player you morons.

What a pathetic HAMSTER team this is. Their motto is: "What can we do to screw the game up and screw the players both at the same time?"

Truly pathetic...
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • Options
    elkysium said:

Maybe quit HAMSTER your players and you won't have such a problem?

If you continue with the AD nerf you will lose lots of people including me, it is the only way I can make decent AD with the time I have to play. It's not just bots doing this, it is every single player you morons.

What a pathetic HAMSTER team this is. Their motto is: "What can we do to screw the game up and screw the players both at the same time?"

Truly pathetic...

That is quite a motivational post. No doubt they will do your bidding now.

• Options
    guurzakguurzak Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    My VIP clock is ticking down while you work on "stabilizing" (adequately securing) your servers. What are you doing to recompense your paying customers for the unplayable periods of time?
  • Options
    grandbishoprixgrandbishoprix Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    the ddos is a problem for any games that we play and i have seen my share of ddos in other games i played and its not funny when they can succed while we are frustrated to play the game but catching those people who ddos will take time and getting them cut off from the net period but if is outside of usa then there maybe a legal problem if there is no laws in that country dealing with ddos criminals
    but at this point and time the staff of arc games will have to work a way to block those ddos and make other changes to prevent this but be patient and it will take time for them to get a long term fix

• Options
    ghia#4018 ghia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Aww, this is my 1st day playing this game and already dealing with this sort of thing just feels like a bad omen. Reading through this thread is making me question if I should bother investing much time in the game at all.
  • Options
    chambermancerchambermancer Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    ghia#4018 said:

Aww, this is my 1st day playing this game and already dealing with this sort of thing just feels like a bad omen. Reading through this thread is making me question if I should bother investing much time in the game at all.

Nope, run away while you still can! Save yourself!
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Is it really a dos or just the last of the crappy hardware dying?
    I really don't believe anything I read on this board anymore.
  • Options

the ddos is a problem for any games that we play and i have seen my share of ddos in other games i played and its not funny when they can succed while we are frustrated to play the game but catching those people who ddos will take time and getting them cut off from the net period but if is outside of usa then there maybe a legal problem if there is no laws in that country dealing with ddos criminals
    but at this point and time the staff of arc games will have to work a way to block those ddos and make other changes to prevent this but be patient and it will take time for them to get a long term fix

The hackers have stolen your punctuation and capital letters!

Just joking. I am cool with waiting. New enough player to give cryptic the benefit of the doubt.... for now.
  • Options
    ghia#4018 said:

Trust me, I have been playing for less than a week and am having a ball. Unless you toss money at them you lose nothing at all. Just enjoy the ride when you are able.
  • Options
    grandbishoprixgrandbishoprix Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    server is down again
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

deathbeez said:

Is it really a dos or just the last of the crappy hardware dying?
    I really don't believe anything I read on this board anymore.

It really is https://twitter.com/neverwintergod
    All his tweets deleted O_o

Guy was pretty vocal wonder what happened.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    urabask said:

All his tweets deleted O_o

Guy was pretty vocal wonder what happened.

I was thinking same thing, just looked at his twitter when I got home and all of it's gone. Now I'm super curious as to what's going on
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    maybe he got porked
  • Options
    dethklokangeldethklokangel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    not surprises me anymore of wtf is going on! I left neverwinter around mid june, but coming back days later. It has gotten a lot worse due to lag issues. Nothing amazes me due to cryptic not doing squat!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Wow... the Neverwinter community really is more brutal than STO's...
    urlord283 said:

maybe he got porked

Let's hope.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    rattler2 said:

Wow... the Neverwinter community really is more brutal than STO's...

urlord283 said:

maybe he got porked

Let's hope.
    You got no idea how much more brutal we are *raises pitchfork* :p
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Oh... back before the forums got split again, we had a Neverwinter Mod come and visit our Ban thread. The one with the dancing anime girl /w a stick sig, can't remember the name right now. Nice person too. They said that the Neverwinter forums are usually at what we STO forumites refer to as "Delta Rising Level rage" on a regular basis.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!