test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Network Issues - 9/13 & 9/14

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

ghoulz66 said:

I'm mad. If you find the attacker send him to me so I can chew his private parts off....

let your dog do that...lol

You want the job done you do It yourself.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Word from STO is... he's at it again. But sharp eyed forumites may have identified his IP from the pics the idiot perp posted. Not to mention Twitter most likely has his IP as well.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Scotty could fix it with chewed gums and duct tapes, and quoted "She giving all she got"
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

urlord283 said:

ghoulz66 said:

I'm mad. If you find the attacker send him to me so I can chew his private parts off....

let your dog do that...lol

You want the job done you do It yourself.
    Your killen me

• nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    The guy just said he was bringing it down and... sure enough, here I am again, checking forums...
    yep very sad
    I don't know who the Neverwinter Community Manager is and what their preferred ban tool is, but I think we need Trendy and her mighty Ban'leth, and Leek of Doom!
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    A DDOS attack is annoying and inconvenient to me, but you can't say Cryptic doesn't deserve it. One terrible decision abusing the player base after another. Someone with no scruples decided to do more than just ragequit. Or as Langston Hughes put it:

"What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
    like a raisin in the sun?
    Or fester like a sore--
    And then run?
    Does it stink like rotten meat?
    Or crust and sugar over--
    like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
    like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?"

Totally inappropriate reference, I know, but it applies.
  • neoxyphusneoxyphus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    eistander said:

It was posted already that there is a group/person/skrpt kiddie that is "taking" responsibility for the attacks, so its not like its coming from a number of places at once but rather one script running derptard.

Sure it may be one person/group behind, but they probably have access to a decent size botnet.

Still it isn't impossible to mitigate...I think there may be infrastructure weaknesses @ Cryptic/PWI, they are basically at the attacker's mercy, all day. May also be a sign of lack of expertise to deal with DDOS.

Either way I'm here and can't take advantage of rest of x2 RP time :(
    Casamir
    3K IL WK Sabo TR
    Trying to suck less @ pvp near you
    neoxyphus said:

Still it isn't impossible to mitigate...I think there may be infrastructure weaknesses @ Cryptic/PWI, they are basically at the attacker's mercy, all day. May also be a sign of lack of expertise to deal with DDOS.

Its the weekend. The full crew is probably unavailable because they're off until Monday.
    I agree that this needs to stop, but the problem is I'm not sure if they did call everyone in. A guy who plays Champions Online didn't know what was going on at all until he popped over into the STO forums, and we STO players have yet to hear from our own Community Manager LaughingTrendy or any Devs on the issue. We've only had some scattered updates from a PWE employee and that's it.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    While I'm technically not a PWE employee, I am talking to the CM right now, and they are aware of the issue and working on it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    That's good to hear. I kinda wish we over in the STO forums would get an update from our team as well. I've been lurking over here to compare notes and catch any updates that slip by.
  • raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    mm I don't think they're supposed to call ''everyone'' in though. I assume they have a select set of technical engineers On-Call incase an issue such as this arose. Which I'm sure they've been on it all day since the attacks have been reoccurring for several hours. But by tomorrow morning I'm sure the entire staff will be aware of it entirely.
    Well... PvP keeps disconnecting me

I guess they win tonight
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    When you find yourself on the side of a lamer using DDOS attacks to make a statement, you may......I'm just spitballin here...you may be on the wrong side of an argument.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    kitkathd said:

When you find yourself on the side of a lamer using DDOS attacks to make a statement, you may......I'm just spitballin here...you may be on the wrong side of an argument.

LOL... this is just absurd. Guess you believe in terrorism as well?
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    4:36 am PDT and am still experiencing long load in times, massive rubberbanding in PE, and unable to left click to open boxes, in-game chat messages are delayed and disconnects from server.
    (And yes Ive done all the usual steps to ensure that my home connectivity and PC are WAI :) )

Edit:
    10:10 am PDT cant stay in game- keep getting disconnected
    Post edited by vattara on
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    level3 needs cloudflare if these attacks are gonna continue. =/
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Looks like we're being attacked again.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • doctordnadoctordna Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Took some time to find this "official thread", is it just me or wasn't this a lot bigger yesterday?

Anyway I was going to get online early this morning but decided to wait until I get back home from work instead. I came here to see if the hacker is still causing issues at present and see what has been done. I could not find this thread right away. I went to the STO forums and picked up on there that the attacks haven't stopped. I have about 5 more hours here then I hope to get online tonight. I hope the hacker hasn't deleted my account.

This was a lot bigger yesterday, what happened?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,377 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    doctordna said:

Took some time to find this "official thread", is it just me or wasn't this a lot bigger yesterday?

Anyway I was going to get online early this morning but decided to wait until I get back home from work instead. I came here to see if the hacker is still causing issues at present and see what has been done. I could not find this thread right away. I went to the STO forums and picked up on there that the attacks haven't stopped. I have about 5 more hours here then I hope to get online tonight. I hope the hacker hasn't deleted my account.

This was a lot bigger yesterday, what happened?

DDOS. The "apparent but not proven" person even tweeted in real time when he started the DDOS. It seems to match to the time for each attacks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    And it's happening again.

Standing around and doing professions tasks or sorting out my bank/inventory is not a problem, but as soon as i try to
    PLAY THE GAME
    lagging and SNR until the disconnect is there.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Come on Really?? Server down again !? Bot's dont want AD Nerf pls understand it!
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    The may end up being a breaking point here. I just don't know where it will happen.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    the idiot just posted on twitter he is taking it down and bam. This is really messing with my play time
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    And.. here we go again.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • hexxxtriphexxxtrip Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yep it's down again. Missed a day of double rp couldn't log in to upgrade my gear and it's down again :(
  • eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Would be interesting if this shows up on yahoo news.
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”