test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Network Issues - 9/13 & 9/14

Comments

• fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User

the ddos is a problem for any games that we play and i have seen my share of ddos in other games i played and its not funny when they can succed while we are frustrated to play the game but catching those people who ddos will take time and getting them cut off from the net period but if is outside of usa then there maybe a legal problem if there is no laws in that country dealing with ddos criminals
    but at this point and time the staff of arc games will have to work a way to block those ddos and make other changes to prevent this but be patient and it will take time for them to get a long term fix

The hackers have stolen your punctuation and capital letters!

Just joking. I am cool with waiting. New enough player to give cryptic the benefit of the doubt.... for now.
  • fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    ghia#4018 said:

Aww, this is my 1st day playing this game and already dealing with this sort of thing just feels like a bad omen. Reading through this thread is making me question if I should bother investing much time in the game at all.

Trust me, I have been playing for less than a week and am having a ball. Unless you toss money at them you lose nothing at all. Just enjoy the ride when you are able.
  • grandbishoprixgrandbishoprix Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    server is down again
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

deathbeez said:

Is it really a dos or just the last of the crappy hardware dying?
    I really don't believe anything I read on this board anymore.

It really is https://twitter.com/neverwintergod
    All his tweets deleted O_o

Guy was pretty vocal wonder what happened.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    urabask said:

All his tweets deleted O_o

Guy was pretty vocal wonder what happened.

I was thinking same thing, just looked at his twitter when I got home and all of it's gone. Now I'm super curious as to what's going on
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    maybe he got porked
  • dethklokangeldethklokangel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    not surprises me anymore of wtf is going on! I left neverwinter around mid june, but coming back days later. It has gotten a lot worse due to lag issues. Nothing amazes me due to cryptic not doing squat!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Wow... the Neverwinter community really is more brutal than STO's...
    urlord283 said:

maybe he got porked

Let's hope.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    rattler2 said:

Wow... the Neverwinter community really is more brutal than STO's...

urlord283 said:

maybe he got porked

Let's hope.
    You got no idea how much more brutal we are *raises pitchfork* :p
    Oh... back before the forums got split again, we had a Neverwinter Mod come and visit our Ban thread. The one with the dancing anime girl /w a stick sig, can't remember the name right now. Nice person too. They said that the Neverwinter forums are usually at what we STO forumites refer to as "Delta Rising Level rage" on a regular basis.
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    acro33 said:

This guy is seriously f'ed in the head. He literally thinks that he's a god.
    People like that should be put in mental institutions.

Well, he does have the power to turn Neverwinter on and off, so in essence, he is the "God" of Neverwinter?

I'm guessing he's 16-20 years old, probably on the chubby side, a slightly older version of Cartman perhaps?

At least that's how I envision pretty much all the Boot & Looters, so my guess is he used to do that too...
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    Let's just say that the idiot who is DDoS'ing our servers is a NW Xbox player and is now being harassed. And if he doesn't stop doing what he's doing, someone will have some fun with his Xbox live account. :) He has been warned.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    acro33 said:

Acro, this kid has probably been beaten up 2 - 3 times a day for the vast majority of his school life. He gets online and can feel like a god so does so. He will have to step back into reality.

PWE / Cryptic will just need to monitor traffic and do a little better job so these little kiddies can't bring everything to a standstill.
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited September 2015

acro33 said:

Well, he does have the power to turn Neverwinter on and off, so in essence, he is the "God" of Neverwinter?

I'm guessing he's 16-20 years old, probably on the chubby side, a slightly older version of Cartman perhaps?

At least that's how I envision pretty much all the Boot & Looters, so my guess is he used to do that too...

My first association as well. Authoritah issues and most likely cheesy puffs crumbs all over the keyboard.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    Actually finding him was pretty easy to do, as he has been banned from multiple games and lives in Romania. I don't think he is very young by the looks of his picture. He doesn't cover his tracks well. However, based on where he lives, not much is going to happen to him as punishment.
    So... has he been shut down or what?
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    If it's true he's in Romania, nothing will happen to him. PW isnt going to pay all the legal fees to attempt to prosecute him, and then try to extradite him. No way, the government rarely even does that.

Eventually he'll just get bored, move to a diff game.. Repeat ad nauseum.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    A problem again?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    And here we go again.
    SNR, and nothing can be done in game.

Edit: I had to switch to a gameplay proxy in the NWO launcher, otherwise i wouldn't be able to play at all...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!